Regarding AP-Trading

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hello everyone,

We have recently seen many inquiries and reports regarding the observed "AP-Trading" which we would like to address:

First, we would like to make it clear that intentionally trading kills with other players with the intent to obtain Abyss Points is considered an abuse of the in-game mechanics, and this behaviour is at-risk for penalization.

Second, we would like to share with all our community that we are currently investigating the impact this abuse has had on the player base, and we are determining the actions to take against the individuals found to be involved in AP-Trading.

Thank you to those who helped report this abusive behaviour via our official support channels.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone,

We have recently seen many inquiries and reports regarding the observed "AP-Trading" which we would like to address:

First, we would like to make it clear that intentionally trading kills with other players with the intent to obtain Abyss Points is considered an abuse of the in-game mechanics, and this behaviour is at-risk for penalization.

Second, we would like to share with all our community that we are currently investigating the impact this abuse has had on the player base, and we are determining the actions to take against the individuals found to be involved in AP-Trading.

Thank you to those who helped report this abusive behaviour via our official support channels.

so finally after over 5 weeks of me sending in tickets something gets noticed. players need their accounts wiped and then perma banned along with all the botters.

I really hope you make the right decisions, i'll be waiting until action is taken before i renew any of my daeva passes and siels auras

41 minutes ago, Seppura said:

are you guys gonna take a peek at the lvl 50 elyos glad who went from 2-star to 4-star officer in less than 24 hours? officer list in general? 

I respect this guy really. He need to play more than 14 hours on that day and trade AP with at least 30 guys constantly. 99% of you guys wont have the ability to play hard like him

They cant really afford to perma ban a lot of people. With probably 1/5 maybe 1/4 of the whole entire game partaking in something like this. I just think its funny, so many hypocritical people in the game that complain, HAVE ap trading in there legion. But they seem to turn a blind eye to them but its not okay if others do it.

18 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

I respect this guy really. He need to play more than 14 hours on that day and trade AP with at least 30 guys constantly. 99% of you guys wont have the ability to play hard like him

he's a gamer for sure

1 hour ago, Swiftlock said:

They cant really afford to perma ban a lot of people. With probably 1/5 maybe 1/4 of the whole entire game partaking in something like this. I just think its funny, so many hypocritical people in the game that complain, HAVE ap trading in there legion. But they seem to turn a blind eye to them but its not okay if others do it.

Well the perma bans are handed out based on strikes to the account. If everyone is on their third strike that gets banned then chances are they will get perma banned.

Finally!. Those AP traders are destroying AION CLASSIC experience this is the biggest news we had so far... those people should get permanently BAN for this a lot of my friends already quit the game because of it and a lot of us we are on the edge... we are trying hard to get our AP legit while those guys are RUIN THE GAME! an average person make 20k ap a day while those people making 200k ap a day... it totally demotivates us we put hard work to get our gear while AP traders are getting the same gear in less than a week.... Please punish this guys for good!

Should it not be crystal clear already, AP trading is absolutely ruining the game experience for not only the casual players but for the hardcore grinders as well. This shady form of AP gain is demotivating a lot of people, including myself and a lot of friends. If this matter is not solved quickly, then a lot of players will sooner or later quit, just because these AP traders gained an insanely unfair advantage over them, resulting in their having a full abyss set in less than 2 weeks, whereas the average grinder would need at least 2 months to acquire all these items. We all urge you to resolve this problem as fast as humanly possible, in order to avoid losing a significant part of your player base.

Ok, I will make it as clear as I can and as simple as I can.

Aion classic = AP gear

AP is everything in the game. AP trading should be RANK 1 priority as a bannable offence.

I am sitting here grinding my hard earned AP and I see guys AP trading and they are making 1 million AP per week and I get so demotivated to play. (Yes 1 million AP a week)

I need to see some hard ban hammers for those who do that and destroy the game, or else it's not even worth playing for me. I know a lot and my eyes have seen a lot at this point.

Make the correct move and ban those guys or else you may see a decline on the playerbase in the upcoming days.

Lets also say this, there is no REAL way to get AP fast. All forts are camped by elyos or asmos. Only running around in zergs.... such as Apex Legion, Clarity, AF. Not sure on the asmos side but it happens. If dredge was out by now. The game would be having WAY less AP traders than there are now. So put some blame onto the company for it.

4 minutes ago, Swiftlock said:

Lets also say this, there is no REAL way to get AP fast. All forts are camped by elyos or asmos. Only running around in zergs.... such as Apex Legion, Clarity, AF. Not sure on the asmos side but it happens. If dredge was out by now. The game would be having WAY less AP traders than there are now. So put some blame onto the company for it.

To be fair, AP gear is the end-game content which should be difficult to achieve. It should be a grind to gain it, hence why people are so angry about AP traders. They have found a way to exploit to system to fast track to be end-game geared far before anyone else. A half decent player with full PVP gear can easily whipe groups by themselves, which is what is happening to those that attempt to grind in the abyss to legit gain their AP, which dramatically demotivates players from playing, hence the masses of players that have been quitting lately. It's bad for the community. 

14 minutes ago, Swiftlock said:

I don't have any trouble getting over 10k AP per day not doing any PvP (other than being ganked) just doing repeat quests in the Abyss.

35 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

To be fair, AP gear is the end-game content which should be difficult to achieve. It should be a grind to gain it, hence why people are so angry about AP traders. They have found a way to exploit to system to fast track to be end-game geared far before anyone else. A half decent player with full PVP gear can easily whipe groups by themselves, which is what is happening to those that attempt to grind in the abyss to legit gain their AP, which dramatically demotivates players from playing, hence the masses of players that have been quitting lately. It's bad for the community. 

The difficulty is not reasonable right now. You can see how much AP is required for level 50 PvP gears and there is literally no way to get that much AP.   You PVP hard all day and you will lose it upon getting killed once. Yeah, you will lose 1.2k Ap when you have 300k AP in hand and everybody will focus on you in PVP.

IMO, classic is a fast pace game where gears cannot catch up with player level. People cannot farm AP like what they did in the original game or they will suffer in PVP. This is also not the game that you can find easy PVP anymore.  You can either go kill lowbies, or get raped by a group of hardcore PvPers.

11 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

The difficulty is not reasonable right now. You can see how much AP is required for level 50 PvP gears and there is literally no way to get that much AP.   You PVP hard all day and you will lose it upon getting killed once. Yeah, you will lose 1.2k Ap when you have 300k AP in hand and everybody will focus on you in PVP.

IMO, classic is a fast pace game where gears cannot catch up with player level. People cannot farm AP like what they did in the original game or they will suffer in PVP. This is also not the game that you can find easy PVP anymore.  You can either go kill lowbies, or get raped by a group of hardcore PvPers.

Obtaining pvp gear this patch is supposed to be hard imo 

Server opened June 23rd, only 2 months! The vast majority of the player base are playing the patch for what it is and getting ready for the next patches where there is dredge, Dark Poeta and upper fort instances...THAT is when obtaining AP becomes easier and can buy the end game gear which is 50e.  

Why are you guys even rushing and desperately wanting that much AP now when you can enjoy PvP fighting people with equal gear and not just 1-3 shotting people because of gear gap. To me, that is not fun at all. Been there and it gets boring so damn easily...no challenge.

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Server opened June 23rd, only 2 months! The vast majority of the player base are playing the patch for what it is and getting ready for the next patches where there is dredge, Dark Poeta and upper fort instances...THAT is when obtaining AP becomes easier and can buy the end game gear which is 50e.  

Why are you guys even rushing and desperately wanting that much AP now when you can enjoy PvP fighting people with equal gear and not just 1-3 shotting people because of gear gap. To me, that is not fun at all. Been there and it gets boring so damn easily...no challenge.

I dont know if you can get my idea. The 50e is available in this patch. It should not exist if we cannot get it with a reasonable difficulty.  Why not just release it together with the dredge and Dark Poeta ?

I don't think 2 months is a so called short time. more than 80% of the mmos cannot stay popular for more than a year.  IMO, the reasonable grinding time should be 3 months and no more than 6 months.  If people want to get 50e in 3 months, they need to farm 40k AP per day. It is not that easy for the majority even with AP trading. Few people can actually play the game like a job and farm constantly for several months. Also, people would like to enjoy the game before it get empty.  We cannot really grind for too long due to some issues.

Trust me, you can barely find people with equal gears in PVP.  Tier 1 got some pieces of 50e ready,  tier 2 got 30e +15,  tier3 got 50 PVE +10 plus. the rest only have coin gears. I cannot check the gears of everybody but I think most PvPers are tier 3 or above.  1 to 3 shotting people is not fun to you but it must be fun to many people otherwise you cannot explain why people are whaling hard.

4 minutes ago, Pappy said:

Nervous time........

Just remembered, I was watching a stream like a month ago.. elyos "dueling" asmos in open world because thats basically the only way to do it. They're technically trading ap too right?

1 hour ago, Zzzzzz said:

If people want to get 50e in 3 months, they need to farm 40k AP per day

40k AP per day is easy at lower fort guard grind. You can basically go as high 400k-1m AP per week.

You are prone to gank when you reach rank 1 and up which makes your farming slower.

2 hours ago, Asia said:

Not if you don't rush to Lv50 and grind slowly in lower forts or guards.

I stayed 3weeks to grind lower forts to obtain all Lv30 AP Accessory and Weapon

(i dont farm Lv30e armors because it is not that worth it - better get SR set and upgrade it to +10 to+15)

Currently you only 3 option to get AP:

1) PvP - 250 - 1k+ AP per kill depending on opponents rank

2) Fort Grind - Slow but the rate is stable, expect party ganks from other faction

3) Guard Grind  - Fast but when many are doing it in same fort rate slows down drastically due to low spawn rate, also expect ganks.

In level 50, all of these became significantly harder, PvP kills will take so much time, Fort Grind is very unsafe/unstable, Guard Grind in core is not efficient when more than 2 peeps are grinding.

AP Trading is for pussies.

3 hours ago, Zzzzzz said:

I dont know if you can get my idea. The 50e is available in this patch. It should not exist if we cannot get it with a reasonable difficulty.  Why not just release it together with the dredge and Dark Poeta ?

I don't think 2 months is a so called short time. more than 80% of the mmos cannot stay popular for more than a year.  IMO, the reasonable grinding time should be 3 months and no more than 6 months.  If people want to get 50e in 3 months, they need to farm 40k AP per day. It is not that easy for the majority even with AP trading. Few people can actually play the game like a job and farm constantly for several months. Also, people would like to enjoy the game before it get empty.  We cannot really grind for too long due to some issues.

Trust me, you can barely find people with equal gears in PVP.  Tier 1 got some pieces of 50e ready,  tier 2 got 30e +15,  tier3 got 50 PVE +10 plus. the rest only have coin gears. I cannot check the gears of everybody but I think most PvPers are tier 3 or above.  1 to 3 shotting people is not fun to you but it must be fun to many people otherwise you cannot explain why people are whaling hard.

if you want to get pvp gear without trying or get 50e in a week i suggest playing a priv server instead 

Archived