Merge Siel+Israphel

Merrixx

Hey Aioners,

Finding a group is nearly impossible on Israphel and the difficulty has peaked over the past 10 days. Not sure if it is related to these bans that happened, but I'm thinking about not playing anymore :( 

If I could buy a transfer I would go to Siel in a heartbeat. What do you all think about merging the servers? Capacity still wouldn't be near limit and zones have different channels if necessary! Ease of finding a group is the determining factor for me  renewing Siel's Aura and at right now I'm not going to. This isn't some low level noob rant btw, I'm experiencing this with end game instances. 

• Merrixx changed the title to Merge Siel+Israphel
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the two first free to play weeks ended it became an obvious thing on how empty IS is in the Asmodian side.

Many people told IS-A players to go to Siel but IS-A players were stubborn about the fact they played for 2~3 weeks and they didn't want to quit their "progress".
We told them if they didn't do it as early as possible it will be much harder later if they invest months in their chars and have to either quit or start over in Siel.

##

They do not merge servers to facilitate the players and give them a better enjoyment of the game, this never happened.

The only way they will merge the servers is if enough people quit IS and it becomes too costly to keep up a server that brings in no revenue.

BUT  the thing is that IS server is populated enough because of elyos, and those meet the number+money quotas for IS to look populated overall.

##

This might sound insensitive but whoever still plays in IS server is happy with the situtation, otherwise they would have immigrated already many weeks ago.

If you're a glad you might want to come to IS-asmo. We take them to fill  the slot even if they're rocking a level 35 kromede's weapon and make no contribution at all, which a lot of them do lol. Get a chance at your bakarma drop for free while being carried!

We also have like 1 no animation hacker who applies to the groups and everybody knows him and his alts. 

Definately the healthier server.

3 hours ago, Cyrkle said:

The only way this will even be considered due to player recommendations is if we spam the forum with it everyday.

People on retail begged for a very long time until the last two servers were merged. If people on IS want to play on a server with Siel's population I suggest that they reroll now.

2 hours ago, Crush said:

People on retail begged for a very long time until the last two servers were merged. If people on IS want to play on a server with Siel's population I suggest that they reroll now.

You don't have to re-roll, unless you filled up all 6 character slots,  just roll a fresh toon on Siel to see if you like it.

I have an L30 toon on Siel as a labrat.

9 hours ago, Merrixx said:

Re-rolling would take so much time nobody will do that 

This is what people were saying from the first weeks, they preferred to waste more time on IS that rerolling as early as possible.

I expect people 1 year from now, still playing on IS and still asking for a merge.

13 hours ago, Crush said:

And we never got the merge until DN became a dessert and Classic was released. Even if we didn't beg for it, the merge would have occurred at that specific time because of population.

NCsoft have not helped with how they have dealt with so many issue its like the players are on there own. 

But the numbers have became lower and lower and I think its at a point NCsoft does need to step in and do something. 

Other areas are running on one server and seem to be doing fine.

But TBH I don't think NCsoft will do anything till they see what players will come back with 1.5, I think they are hoping numbers will go up on both servers with 1.5, but NCsoft has to deal with the fact many left and wont come back due to how classic has been handled. 

I know many players have nothing to do until 1.5 comes and many players are upset its not already here, but them players if they were happy with the game surely they would have just run an alt not stopped playing total if they were happy. 

5 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

I know many players have nothing to do until 1.5 comes and many players are upset its not already here, but them players if they were happy with the game surely they would have just run an alt not stopped playing total if they were happy. 

Nothing to do?

They have their 50e set already, how?

I have 2 pieces of 30e on my main and that's been a big effort.

33 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

Nothing to do?

They have their 50e set already, how?

I have 2 pieces of 30e on my main and that's been a big effort.

Not going into this there been to much already said, and nothing has been done :( when they said they had done something. 

To all the other players that work for there gear the correct way yes there is a great deal to do, but with this patch its much harder a great deal of players want 1.5 to be able to farm there gear much easier with what comes with 1.5. 

People don't understand. It's more complex than "reroll SI asap". After two months You have one or two 50 characters, a bunch of level 30+ characters, Daevanion set, some maxed expert  crafts, master essence and aether tapping, AP stigmas, some AP gear... It's a lot of effort to just leave behind. And no, this is not a player's problem: it's NCW problem.

They could have made the 1:1.2 rule from start. That would prevent both servers from having one dominant faction and would force population on both servers. This happened in 2009, it's nothing new, so yeah I blame NCW on this.

32 minutes ago, Aaabatery said:

People don't understand. It's more complex than "reroll SI asap". After two months You have one or two 50 characters, a bunch of level 30+ characters, Daevanion set, some maxed expert  crafts, master essence and aether tapping, AP stigmas, some AP gear... It's a lot of effort to just leave behind. And no, this is not a player's problem: it's NCW problem.

They could have made the 1:1.2 rule from start. That would prevent both servers from having one dominant faction and would force population on both servers. This happened in 2009, it's nothing new, so yeah I blame NCW on this.

You can't force population on any server, if people couldn't play on the server they chose they simply wouldn't play. I had friends in Siel, this is where I started, if they forced me to play on IS I wouldn't play a single day (of course we all quit around 3rd~5th week and none of my friends play there anymore).

The problem is the model, the vast majority of people quit once they found out that you cannot blend "subscription + free to bot + p2w" and try to make everyone happy. This made the already less populated IS server's issue exponentially higher.

##

If you have 2x level 50 chars on IS... you could have had 1x 50 on IS and 1x on SL. In 1 year from now you will wish you quit the IS server while you only played for 2 months. The more you stay on IS, the more you will regret it.

TBH everyone knew to go to Siels as that's where everyone said they would go, players really only started to go IS when they stopped players making on Siels, sorry but NC should have seen what was going on way before they locked servers. 

even EU players was going Siels I did not hear one person or players say go IS and that was before you could even make a char. 

55 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

TBH everyone knew to go to Siels as that's where everyone said they would go, players really only started to go IS when they stopped players making on Siels, sorry but NC should have seen what was going on way before they locked servers. 

even EU players was going Siels I did not hear one person or players say go IS and that was before you could even make a char.

But I remember a lot of people snobbing Siel, saying they would play on IS because they thought it was going to be a role playing utopia with no bs gamers because of the less population and somehow the player base was going to be the foam of the gaming community that would refrain from drama and would play with chivalry and fairness. They did it "in abduction" method, where they were sure competitive people would choose Siel so the good fairytale people would naturally go to IS.

Meanwhile, less populated servers always tend to be the least friendly and the most picky due to lack of players willing to team with strangers.

2 hours ago, Wsnow said:

Where was this? No flaming here, just curious, I read reddit, read the oficial forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc. and never saw a discussion where people said SI was the go-to server. If I knew, I really wouldn't go IS as my main.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

But I remember a lot of people snobbing Siel, saying they would play on IS because they thought it was going to be a role playing utopia with no bs gamers because of the less population and somehow the player base was going to be the foam of the gaming community that would refrain from drama and would play with chivalry and fairness. They did it "in abduction" method, where they were sure competitive people would choose Siel so the good fairytale people would naturally go to IS.

Meanwhile, less populated servers always tend to be the least friendly and the most picky due to lack of players willing to team with strangers.

I’ve played on both servers for about a month and while I was on Siel, the LFG was full of toxicity and trolls. On Israphel, when a newer player asks a question, several players answer and try to help.

I might be the minority here but I do prefer a lower population server. Sure pvp is harder to find but at least you can play the game in a relaxed way. Tried to lvl on Siel and it was constant grieving/twinks rifting thinking it’s cool to kill lvling players. 

Both servers cater to a different player base and Israphel numbers are starting to slowly go up in the last week according to my Aion. 

People just need to understand that this game is meant to be played in a semi casual way. Players rushed to 50 and got bored knowing exactly how little content this patch has. They know 100% of the game content and they play it like it’s a job. 

2 hours ago, 2s22A500-DN said:

I...

Both servers cater to a different player base and Israphel numbers are starting to slowly go up in the last week according to my Aion. 

If you want Asmo dominant, roll on Siel, if you want Elyos dominant roll on IS, combine the 2 and you get 1 Elyos dominant server with nowhere else left to go.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

If you have 2x level 50 chars on IS... you could have had 1x 50 on IS and 1x on SL. In 1 year from now you will wish you quit the IS server while you only played for 2 months. The more you stay on IS, the more you will regret it.

I don't have two level 50s. I play casually, I have one level 50, which I invested so much. And what now? Just delete it and all others? Reroll and start from zero? Who will play me the two month subs? Who will give me back my life time? Why should I be punished by not choosing the "right" server? Sorry, as much as I want to see the is a players fault it's not. NCW and all knew this was going to happen. There is no such a thing as "right" server. What you can do is server and load balance. It worked in the past, so why not have it since the begin now?

IMHO they are just making the situation worst to sell transfers and one or two months after everybody payed they'll merge the servers.

BTW the only reason that would make me reroll after all the huge investment I made would be if they change subs to be HOURS instead of DAYS.

12 minutes ago, Aaabatery said:

IMHO they are just making the situation worst to sell transfers and one or two months after everybody payed they'll merge the servers.

Did they open transfers? I doubt, if they did IS would have closed yesterday!

Nobody refunded me my 20$ that I prepaid before the servers went live when they were promising us subscription only and no p2w, which they lied blatantly. I played only 1 week of my subscription the other 3 I went offline.

This taught me a lesson to never trust a single thing they promise and never pay upfront on anything they choose to mis-advertise in future. It is not the 20$ itself, I have spent more money in more stupid things, it is they promised me 20$ worth of sweets and they delivered a bag of sh!.t and all while expecting me to re-buy their bags of the same fecal matter probably wondering why people stopped playing.

##

Anyways, they won't merge the servers unless the population drops too low. I doubt they will merge the servers because 10 people requested it in the forums. Retail has been going downhills since forever and people asked for a merge numerous times, they only did it when DN became a ghost server.

Why wouldn't NC merge servers though? 

1) lowers server cost from having to maintain 2 servers to 1 server

2)  maintain one active, healthy server ===> more players to group with, existing players stay, new players see the game is active and want to join

VS  two separate, dying servers ==> people see the game is dying, existing players leave, no new players want to join

@Kibbelzcan you help suggest this to executive team?

Archived