Weekly Server Maintenance - September 22, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow's maintenance will begin at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect the servers to be offline for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes for Aion Classic, and you can look forward to the following changes in-game:

• EXP event ends
  • Login event begins (log into game each day for a survey containing useful items, next week will include some VERY useful items for 1.5 preparation!)

Thank you, and we hope you all enjoyed the Scavenger Hunt Event! Look forward to more updates on 1.5 in the near future!

@Kibbelz Lets break down what has happened these past few weeks.

1. Delay 1.5 by 2 months compared to how the patch cycle was in Korea despite claiming to follow their release cycle
  2. In an attempt to make up for it you release the Gojira event that was broken, too much health, and nerfed rewards compared to Korea and I guess don't even try to fix it?
  3. Have an event that is literally just a GM transformed into a pig that gives out an exp buff, I guess because the staff isn't proficient enough to fix the Gojira event I'm sure they broke. Might I add that bots were spamming /3 the whole time lol
  4. No acknowledgement that Israphel is pretty much a dead server at this point, and don't plan on merging or offering transfers at all?

And your solution to losing so many players over your gross mismanagement of a game that you didn't even have to develop, just copy and paste from Korea with some translations, is to offer a daily survey with a value of around 50k kinah?  Yeah I don't think I'm renewing my sub, I have never in my life seen such a gross mismanagement of an MMO.

All this saltiness is astonishing to me, honestly. I have an open question for whomever would like to answer it:
I have been around in classic on Israphel for maybe 3 weeks, so I'm nowhere near as invested as some people playing the game and posting in the forums. I'm still curious though, why do (you) players get so invested in promises and then so immensely disappointed when the promises aren't delivered on yet?

Cheers :)

2 hours ago, Foxymelody said:

"Login event begins (log into game each day for a survey containing useful items, next week will include some VERY useful items for 1.5 preparation!)"

I seriously hope you do not mean 10 life potions is the very useful item thats going to bring back players.

10 potions are the reason I play classic to begin with, gets your facts straight!

8 hours ago, Meszaross said:

1.5 dark poeta + dredgion.

Why does everyone think you're getting B-Dredge?

Nowhere in the Producer's Letter, or on the website, or the forums by any member of NCWest is Dredge even mentioned. Anytime players ask about it the question is met with silence. Awkward, uncomfortable, rather guilty silence.

If they were going to give you THE ONLY PvP instance, don't you think they're be trying to hype it up?

They're not. They're going to chop up the content so they can drip feed it to you and keep you subbed.

If you're one of those players who's "coming back for Dredge", don't  smack the "BUY" button until AFTER you've read all of the patch notes.

Just because Korea got something doesn't mean you're getting it.

3 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Why does everyone think you're getting B-Dredge?

Nowhere in the Producer's Letter, or on the website, or the forums by any member of NCWest is Dredge even mentioned. Anytime players ask about it the question is met with silence. Awkward, uncomfortable, rather guilty silence.

If they were going to give you THE ONLY PvP instance, don't you think they're be trying to hype it up?

They're not. They're going to chop up the content so they can drip feed it to you and keep you subbed.

If you're one of those players who's "coming back for Dredge", don't  smack the "BUY" button until AFTER you've read all of the patch notes.

Just because Korea got something doesn't mean you're getting it.

You might be right, seeing how they just announced "1.5 – Dark Poeta", and not a peep about dredgion:

https://www.aiononline.com/news/Dark-Poeta-1-5

On 9/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow's maintenance will begin at 5am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect the servers to be offline for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes for Aion Classic, and you can look forward to the following changes in-game:

• EXP event ends
  • Login event begins (log into game each day for a survey containing useful items, next week will include some VERY useful items for 1.5 preparation!)

Thank you, and we hope you all enjoyed the Scavenger Hunt Event! Look forward to more updates on 1.5 in the near future!

Sub running out, and I'm not renewing until either 1.5, or another 100% exp event. 

Archived