Life In the Abyss as a Sin

Luckyy-DN

werewqrwer.PNG

I legit can't count how many times people somehow "see" and follow me in shadow walk when I've cast it out of range that they would be able to see and even flying they shouldn't be able to follow my exact location.

Every time I get the Abyss pvp daily I cringe knowing I have to deal with the vast amount of radar hackers when the element of surprise is my only help. If I could do it all over again .. I should have stayed 40 .. the abyss sucks as a sin GG, flying .. oh awesome half my skills don't work in the air .. oh you have charge? you're a chanter? awesome .. lol. 

-_- 

Ready to Buy Gelk ... or skills that work in the air ffs.

I know that obviously the population of classic is so low nothing will happen at this point, but can NCsoft please step up and just run a script through the game that breaks the hacks during updates ... this is what most devs do every weekly patch or at least once a month.  

Abyss pvp is a joke and imbalanced, only people that like it are people that are playing broken classes and are the ones that like to say that the game died when nobody was pvping at reshanta anymore, ground fights to hard for them, can't wait for gelk or aleast 1.9 with arena 1x1 so teach these people how to play.

If Aion was designed by sensible devs, stealth shouldn't work against PCs only NPCs  eg. normal mobs.

Stealth is a broken game mechanism for open world PvP,  it's primarily used  to attack someone whilst they are already on a mob to give the sin or ranger an unfair advantage, a tactic I refuse to do on my Ranger or Sin.

I have no sympathy for your complaint.

12 hours ago, Zarbi said:

If Aion was designed by sensible devs, stealth shouldn't work against PCs only NPCs  eg. normal mobs.

Stealth is a broken game mechanism for open world PvP,  it's primarily used  to attack someone whilst they are already on a mob to give the sin or ranger an unfair advantage, a tactic I refuse to do on my Ranger or Sin.

I have no sympathy for your complaint.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on an SM's ability to fear-lock...

I can agree with this post. The de-sync is bad enough and makes it impossible for an assassin to hit somebody whilst moving in the air, the extreme number of radar hackers isn't helping. The number of people using it is astounding, including people I used to be friends with. (Obviously I'm not anymore.)

32 minutes ago, Sab said:

I can agree with this post. The de-sync is bad enough and makes it impossible for an assassin to hit somebody whilst moving in the air, the extreme number of radar hackers isn't helping. The number of people using it is astounding, including people I used to be friends with. (Obviously I'm not anymore.)

SM not a problem, you can see them coming.

People tend to roll Sins for ganking.

Ganking is sociopathic behavior,  "but It's only a game" is the usual without remorse response.

7 hours ago, Zarbi said:

SM not a problem, you can see them coming.

People tend to roll Sins for ganking.

Ganking is sociopathic behavior,  "but It's only a game" is the usual without remorse response.

I made this account and levelled it to 10, just to tell you your takes are asinine and your posts make my eyes roll so hard that I saw time and space split before them and I tumbled so far into the abyss I found Tigraki Island.

6 hours ago, Makisekurisu said:

Here we see a dude living on his dad's basement and that never played any game besides aion on his entire life, the lack of constructive opnion is huge on this one, not just he call aion pve rubbish, but call aion pvp the best ever EVER EVER, a minute to pray for his lost soul, God, forgive him, he don't know what he saying.

You're failing to seperate two things:

1) Aion's PvP is good, as in how it mechanically functions, the speed and intricacy and complexity and flow.
2) People's intention going into the game and the way they choose to play or discipline themselves

The constructive opinion is there, it's ambient, it's nuanced, you're simply choosing to focus on his attitude, when he is completely, 100% correct.

Sin PvP in the abyss is not good, neither is Templar or Glad or any melee for that matter, save maybe chanters over melees, but that's middle ground.

Sin hide/stealth is huge, and we're not even talking about that properly; what you're all referring to when we talk about ganking is Shadow Walk, which IMO can be a waste of a slot. Hide II itself, when approaching someone, is enough to pop/pop buffs and engage. Let's differentiate between these things before Zarbi goes off on stealth as a generalized troll statement, which is what they are, a troll.

Ganking is a part of Aion, but in a circumstance where a single Sin is coming out of hide, ganking isn't the same at end game (when I say end game I mean you bothered to get some gear and knowledge, since that's what Aion is about) in the way most people who complain about it think it is... it's not the same disparity if they actually bother to keep up, so that's really honestly on them to begin with.. Aion has always been hard on lowbies, and that's not really an excuse, but this changes over time, so all I really hear, besides a huge chunk of bait being thrown into the water, is WHINING and some kind of weird take on psychopaths to make themselves feel better.

8 hours ago, Sab said:

Given their post history they must be a troll man, I came to say what I wanted to, but after that you and I should both disengage this person.

There are a few skills wrongly implemented in Aion, for example in WoW hide works in a distance, the closer you get the more visible you become and you have to level the skill to make it more effective.

8 hours ago, 19s19C5EB said:

You are a fool. This is a PvP game, the whole point of playing is to gank others. I am not an assassin.

If you are so afraid of being ganked then play a different game. If you do not gank others then play a different game. I am so tired of you PvE carebears talking as if this game is meant for you. Aion has some of the worst PvE of any MMO to exist. Aion has the best open world RvR PvP of any MMO.

But people who play a hide class are what you explained in that post, having the advantage of going near an enemy safely and decide to attack only when it is convenient to you is the most carebear pvp anyone could have chosen. On top of that they use hide to avoid a fight when they cannot win. They attack those they know they can win and avoid those they can't all in a safe mode in hide. How is that not carebear?

Assassins have had their ups and down in aion patches but most of the time they are killing machines at least against the cloth types and in later patches they could rip even tanks. Imagine if they ever had hide removed most of them would stop playing this OP class because their tactic is to always fight when it is convenient for them and avoid fight when they can't win.

21 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

There are a few skills wrongly implemented in Aion, for example in WoW hide works in a distance, the closer you get the more visible you become and you have to level the skill to make it more effective.

But people who play a hide class are what you explained in that post, having the advantage of going near an enemy safely and decide to attack only when it is convenient to you is the most carebear pvp anyone could have chosen. On top of that they use hide to avoid a fight when they cannot win. They attack those they know they can win and avoid those they can't all in a safe mode in hide. How is that not carebear?

Assassins have had their ups and down in aion patches but most of the time they are killing machines at least against the cloth types and in later patches they could rip even tanks. Imagine if they ever had hide removed most of them would stop playing this OP class because their tactic is to always fight when it is convenient for them and avoid fight when they can't win.

Assassin is one of the most engaging and demanding classes in the game in order to be utilized properly; having stealth does not inherently make them 'carebear', likewise just because they, at times, have the option to pick and choose their fights does not mean that, again, they inherently do that and strictly stick to ganking lowbies or questers... 

Let's look at it like this;

Scenario A) You're on a mob. A sin jumps you, you die.
Scenario B) You're on a mob, you see ANY other class running/glide down on you, you probably still die.

The sin coming out of hide with a stun, albeit I wouldn't blow ambush if I was that sin, and I probably wouldn't waste ripclaw either, is the only difference here, and in that regard you were being mentally absent in assuming one will probably jump on you.

I agree, stealth is a strong mechanic, but to be as out of touch as to say it's a carebear class, or all Sins simply use stealth to gank poor, defenseless pvers is asinine. 

ADD:

All classes have imbalances towards other classes; where stealth can be overpowered vs a cloth, or a ranger who forgot they have eye, it is a REQUIRED mechanic vs a Templar, a Glad, a Cleric or a Chanter.

Likewise, where Fear is OP vs some, it's required vs others.

Likewise things from a Ranger's kit are OP vs some, but are required vs others.

Zarbi saying that about Sins but excusing an SM simply because "you can see them coming" does not instill my faith that someone like Zarbi or anyone they indirectly are speaking for would come out on top vs that SM either.

It's a silly, foolish, self-excusing argument, and even more so vapid because it blankets all sins as one in the same. It's lazy thinking, fueled by frustration of self guised as blame in another,

Or, and more likely, a big giant troll post

1 hour ago, Adla said:

It's a silly, foolish, self-excusing argument, and even more so vapid because it blankets all sins as one in the same.

Well they all seem to use the same tactic, come from nowhere to kill an easy pray and since I played a cloth all my life I know very well how convenient it is for them not only to rip cloth in seconds but also be able to come in stealth to avoid any possible confrontation from the paper-enemy.

1 hour ago, Adla said:

but excusing an SM

SM is the cancer class especially back when fear lock was possible.

Of course if someone comes from above and you didn't see the red dot in the compass can kill you if you do not pay attention.

1 hour ago, Adla said:

Or, and more likely, a big giant troll post

Well you sure wrote an essay for sure, no hard feelings.

The class shouldn't be regarded carebear, the people who choose to play it do it because of hide and because of the gameplay it offers them.

Every twink was an assassin or an archer, the two classes with hide. That tell you enough on what the mentality of people playing these classes is.

I have the exact same respect for anyone who plays an assassin to those who played Vandal at 7.0... none.

3 hours ago, Adla said:

Zarbi saying that about Sins but excusing an SM simply because "you can see them coming" does not instill my faith that someone like Zarbi or anyone they indirectly are speaking for would come out on top vs that SM either.

All that tells me is you don't know how to fight an SM.

There are plenty of  Youtube videos on it.

Fighting a Sin is about surviving their long stun lock burst, providing they are not 5+ levels above you, and they don't gank you when you are at half health on a mob,  which seems to be their preferred attack, hence the problem with stealth.

But you are arguing about the technicalities, where I care more about the morals of such behavior as stealth ganking whilst on mobs.

44 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

Fighting a Sin is about surviving their long stun lock burst, providing they are not 5+ levels above you, and they don't gank you when you are at half health on a mob,  which seems to be their preferred attack, hence the problem with stealth.

But you are arguing about the technicalities, where I care more about the morals of such behavior as stealth ganking whilst on mobs.

Likewise you clearly don't know how to fight a sin. "Fighting a sin is about surviving their long stun lock burst" ....what? Do you not know that remove shock is a skill? Or if you're an SM player like I'm assuming you are (because it very much seems like so), do you know that contract of resistance is also a skill that is actually good vs sins? Also why are you talking about levels when talking about class balance wtf? Are you not high enough level for remove shock, is that why sin big bad very hard?

The fact you're acting like stealth is the most broken mechanic in this game while defending SMs that can 100-0 you with insta fear>fear lock without you having any sort of counterplay unless you're a class with a magic evade is both mind boggling and hilarious. It's pretty clear you're either trolling or don't know a lot about the game, but if it's the latter then please stop trying to educate people on the game since you have no clue what you're talking about.

And before you think I'm saying this because I'm a sin player, no,  I don't play sin and never have apart from a week or so in a 5.x patch.

1 hour ago, Zarbi said:

I've probably been fighting SM's longer than you've known what Aion even was.

1 hour ago, Zarbi said:

The technicalities are important, they paint the nuance in that statement, as there are plenty of sins who don't run shadow walk, but hide II, suggesting more often than not you will  probably see when Hide II is popped in chat. Stealth itself is not inherently broken, nor at fault for the issue you're trying to paint it to be. You're literally just throwing bait out and I'm ashamed I bit.

About the behaviour itself, I actually think you're either not being serious or are casting severe hyperbole on it; it's not that bad in the least and if you're unable to separate that kind of behaviour in a heavily pvp orientated game, that's your fault and something you need to work on. You might label these players or those actions as psychotic, but it's you who seem unable to separate reality from this particular video game.

If you're being serious, all I'll tell you is you have absolutely no right to judge those players for playing the game how its meant to be played, and you need to take a step back and reflect on yourself and why you're here.

6 hours ago, Stormwing said:

The lack of pragmatic content replaced with personal insults in this topic are amazing.

You are right, the topic is a hack that you can see an enemy in hide.

The truth is that being able to see enemies in stealth is an issue only because it is a hack. If it wasn't everyone would welcome it except for sins/archers.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

You are right, the topic is a hack that you can see an enemy in hide.

The truth is that being able to see enemies in stealth is an issue only because it is a hack. If it wasn't everyone would welcome it except for sins/archers.

I feel like that would take away from the authenticity of Aion, and push it more into the realm of ESO, where PvP is mediocre at best. Aion is unique because of that very word; the unique aspects that every class carries that defines them.

I can understand not liking hide, and I have no problem with your comments, but Zarbi triggered me enough with their posts and history of answers to get me on here lol.

2 hours ago, Adla said:

I feel like that would take away from the authenticity of Aion, and push it more into the realm of ESO, where PvP is mediocre at best. Aion is unique because of that very word; the unique aspects that every class carries that defines them.

I can understand not liking hide, and I have no problem with your comments, but Zarbi triggered me enough with their posts and history of answers to get me on here lol.

The surprise factor is what everyone hates. I have done pvp with many classes, when you see an enemy you try to get ready and fight, if the opponent kills you you might even admit they are better, but when I go around unaware of the surroundings and a sin comes out of nowhere and attacks me while I am on my pve gear and kills me in 1 second, I have little to no respect for that. It is like Vandals in 7.0 kiling people with 2 buttons while they were on legendary pve gear or something, of course people playing vandals liked it, of course anyone getting ripped with no brain disliked it.

You have to understand that people will admire someone for doing the tough thing and apparently the sin play style especially with hide is one that nobody admires and says "wow you did that amazing trick" because the trick is always the same, go in hide behind an unexpecting enemy, get ready and fight them when they weren't even expecting it. And then avoiding to fight whenever it doesn't favor them, other classes need to do tricks or disable the enemy to gain time, sins simply vanish.

I do not expect any sin to understand what others dislike but to make it easier what sins like about their class, that is what people dislike about it.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

The surprise factor is what everyone hates. I have done pvp with many classes, when you see an enemy you try to get ready and fight, if the opponent kills you you might even admit they are better, but when I go around unaware of the surroundings and a sin comes out of nowhere and attacks me while I am on my pve gear and kills me in 1 second, I have little to no respect for that. It is like Vandals in 7.0 kiling people with 2 buttons while they were on legendary pve gear or something, of course people playing vandals liked it, of course anyone getting ripped with no brain disliked it.

You have to understand that people will admire someone for doing the tough thing and apparently the sin play style especially with hide is one that nobody admires and says "wow you did that amazing trick" because the trick is always the same, go in hide behind an unexpecting enemy, get ready and fight them when they weren't even expecting it. And then avoiding to fight whenever it doesn't favor them, other classes need to do tricks or disable the enemy to gain time, sins simply vanish.

I do not expect any sin to understand what others dislike but to make it easier what sins like about their class, that is what people dislike about it.

For reference, I'm a Templar main, but also play Glad and Sin, and I'm beginning a journey on Sorc right now.

To reply to

"You have to understand that people will admire someone for doing the tough thing and apparently the sin play style especially with hide is one that nobody admires and says "wow you did that amazing trick" because the trick is always the same, go in hide behind an unexpecting enemy, get ready and fight them when they weren't even expecting it. And then avoiding to fight whenever it doesn't favor them, other classes need to do tricks or disable the enemy to gain time, sins simply vanish."

this specifically, I refer back to my earlier statement; Sin is one of, if not the most, enagaging and demanding class. People who find hide to be the way it's being described here, or the behaviour behind using it, are simply on the lower end of the spectrum of Aion... Sorry to phrase it this way, and I don't mean to sound condescending, I simply lack the 'verbosity' to say it another way...

Someone who thinks you roll Sin for easy win... lacks comprehensive understanding of Sin.

Archived