Siege Compensation

ofert-KT

@Kibbelz @Loki @Gideon @Hime

Since we are all paying $15.00 USD per month for a subscription with an optional $30.00 for Deava pass I believe that we deserve compensation.

Sieges are a crucial/main feature of the game and not being able to take/defend forts in our region is heavily effecting our economy in the game. We should be compensated silver and gold medals for every siege starting from the 15th of October. It is NCwest's fault and responsibility to understand the game and apply custom changes such as region based tuning for sieges based on our population. 1.5+ months is not an acceptable time frame to be missing out on medals and siege. 

It is not the players fault that we do not have a large popluation as the patch was designed for, it is not the players fault we can not defend or attack forts, it is not the players fault the medal economy has been ruined. 1.5 patch brings more access to abyss points but we lost the #1 source of gaining medals. 

As paying customers/fans of Aion we all deserve to be well compensated for this broken feature.

On 12/2/2021 at 7:30 PM, 2s349201 said:

I look forward to my 20 running scrolls and 10 lesser mana serums that will explode my cube once I collect it compo.

Everybody should just stop asking them to fix things, cos they do nothing but break things when they do.

go away ... uninstall the game, close the forums and re-evaluate your life.  Spending your free and leisure time trolling gaming forums is sad sad sad.  I hope life turns around for you.

OP - I think you make a fair and articulate argument.  Based on Siel's Aura and Daeva Pass, I would tend to agree with you.  I think they will do something, not sure what ... but your point would be hard for them to ignore.  Sieging, while not my favorite Aion activity, is a necessity for medal and progress stability on a server, no matter it's population.

On 12/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, Yoloranger said:

go away ... uninstall the game, close the forums and re-evaluate your life.  Spending your free and leisure time trolling gaming forums is sad sad sad.  I hope life turns around for you.

OP - I think you make a fair and articulate argument.  Based on Siel's Aura and Daeva Pass, I would tend to agree with you.  I think they will do something, not sure what ... but your point would be hard for them to ignore.  Sieging, while not my favorite Aion activity, is a necessity for medal and progress stability on a server, no matter it's population.

I mean he's not wrong is he

7 hours ago, Adla said:

I mean he's not wrong is he

Absolutely he is.  We've not been 'compensated' for anything in AC to this point.  Several events, but nothing listed as compensation.  Good events, nice free crowns login event that helped everyone get some gear.  Large volumes of premium scrolls and items for 200 kinah for an extra week during this event. 

People are going to be negative because that's what they set out to do ... no matter what happens, they are programmed to be negative.  Sad state to live your life in.

Don't like free stuff?  Drag off screen and delete.  Don't like the game?  Uninstall and move along.   No other reason to be negative than to try and drag others into your sad state of mind.

Sorry ... game is still fun, having a blast!  LOVE IT!

On 12/6/2021 at 4:49 PM, Yoloranger said:

Absolutely he is.  We've not been 'compensated' for anything in AC to this point.  Several events, but nothing listed as compensation.  Good events, nice free crowns login event that helped everyone get some gear.  Large volumes of premium scrolls and items for 200 kinah for an extra week during this event. 

People are going to be negative because that's what they set out to do ... no matter what happens, they are programmed to be negative.  Sad state to live your life in.

Don't like free stuff?  Drag off screen and delete.  Don't like the game?  Uninstall and move along.   No other reason to be negative than to try and drag others into your sad state of mind.

Sorry ... game is still fun, having a blast!  LOVE IT!

I dunno, we've had this conversation. The little things we get are cool, but most of them are event orientated we deserve to have already, right? The scrolls are cool, but only because the economy is absolutely terrible. The more people you tell to quit if they don't like things the worse that's going to get, by the way... there's a reason everything is expensive and the population is ever-dwindling. Will you still be saying this once it's down to 1% and you have no one left to talk to?

The game can be a blast, that's why we're all here, but it's becoming more and more akin to getting your favourite chocolate bar only to find out it's filled with worms... and yet you keep paying the store because hey, it's your favourite chocolate bar, and I can pick the worms out!

Maybe that's a bad analogy, but I think we all love Aion... but not all of us can choose to ignore the worms... actually most of us can't, and the numbers kind of show that, don't you think?

There's lots of reasons to be 'negative', but I think the word you should be using is being 'critical' of the service and content we're receiving (or not receiving). 

Some consumables and small amounts of AP in comparison to what's already been abused and ignored is lacklustre... but that's a different conversation.

Basically, yea we got some things, but it could and should be way better if they want to actually retain their player base, the same players that will leave until you have no one left to play with. I think it's time to admit you're a minroity in this opinion, and aknowledge the danger your own enjoyment of this game is in while you seem to ignore other people's criticisms. This isn't a single player game... although with the way it's going it might be soon.

6 hours ago, Adla said:

I dunno, we've had this conversation. The little things we get are cool, but most of them are event orientated we deserve to have already, right? The scrolls are cool, but only because the economy is absolutely terrible. The more people you tell to quit if they don't like things the worse that's going to get, by the way... there's a reason everything is expensive and the population is ever-dwindling. Will you still be saying this once it's down to 1% and you have no one left to talk to?

The game can be a blast, that's why we're all here, but it's becoming more and more akin to getting your favourite chocolate bar only to find out it's filled with worms... and yet you keep paying the store because hey, it's your favourite chocolate bar, and I can pick the worms out!

Maybe that's a bad analogy, but I think we all love Aion... but not all of us can choose to ignore the worms... actually most of us can't, and the numbers kind of show that, don't you think?

There's lots of reasons to be 'negative', but I think the word you should be using is being 'critical' of the service and content we're receiving (or not receiving). 

Some consumables and small amounts of AP in comparison to what's already been abused and ignored is lacklustre... but that's a different conversation.

Basically, yea we got some things, but it could and should be way better if they want to actually retain their player base, the same players that will leave until you have no one left to play with. I think it's time to admit you're a minroity in this opinion, and aknowledge the danger your own enjoyment of this game is in while you seem to ignore other people's criticisms. This isn't a single player game... although with the way it's going it might be soon.

I ignore no articulate criticism.  Key word - articulate.  I ignore, and sometimes answer to ... all negativity in the form of hate based, bitterly sarcastic and antagonistic rhetoric.  

If you look through my posts, I acknowledge most all articulate  responses I come across if I have a dog in that fight.  I'll fight negativity with positive messages because balance is necessary for intelligent conversation.  Hurling insults, jabs, bitterness laden diatribes and the 400th version of NCSoft and Aion suck is not productive, is not articulate and accomplished nothing.  That being said, I can be negative like the next person, I'm not perfect, but I try not to let the negativity get the best of me.

I understand your point and your position.  I disagree with it, but I understand it, and I've stated dozens of times that I actually do understand the frustration, though 99% of it is frustration based on a predetermined expectation, not of what is real.  What is real is that you pay a subscription for a game, you get to play that game.  If it fails to meet your expectations, simply don't pay for it anymore.

It would be nice to have everything that we wanted in a video game, but that's not realistic or even feasible. 

There are things that I would love to have implemented in Aion Classic ... mostly creature comforts like auto expand combined or bundled items in inventory, a way to expand inventory to full extent, crafting inventory cubes and quest inventory cubes.  It would be nice to have, but I can wait.

As with all things in life in general, in video games I appreciate anything is given to me for free over and above what was stated I would get when I subscribed to the game.

I respect that others have different opinions ... but it's a video game.  It's recreational time, not a job.  I don't aspire to master a video game or be a 'pro' player.  I aspire only to have fun, which I'm doing.

6 hours ago, Adla said:

I think it's time to admit you're a minroity in this opinion, and aknowledge the danger your own enjoyment of this game is in while you seem to ignore other people's criticisms. This isn't a single player game... although with the way it's going it might be soon.

Exactly how would you come to this conclusion?  I've A) never stated that I spoke for or represented the majority and B) am pretty sure that I play with more people having fun in the game daily than are on this forum complaining about the same things over and over and over again.  I'm pretty sure the math is in my favor.

You'll surely point to the lower population, and I'll surely point you in the direction of just about every game to ever exist. 

It's a point we can agree to disagree on

9 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Jafoolycake:
Adla wants (more) compensation and Yoloranger is enjoying the game as it is with his friends.

I don't necessarily want more compensation, my gripe with Yolo goes beyond that and this instance. I was grateful once for having Aion and the things in it too, but as the trend goes it's dwindled and diminished. I think the majority of people are in their right to complain about things, and even be negative (to a degree), where as Yolo seems to think commenting on how great everything we have is should be enough for most people (which is what his posts allude to, whether he realizes that or not).

The game is in shambles, worse than I've seen it since beta.

16 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

Exactly how would you come to this conclusion?  I've A) never stated that I spoke for or represented the majority and B) am pretty sure that I play with more people having fun in the game daily than are on this forum complaining about the same things over and over and over again.  I'm pretty sure the math is in my favor.

You'll surely point to the lower population, and I'll surely point you in the direction of just about every game to ever exist. 

It's a point we can agree to disagree on

You can pretend the math is in your favour, but your time is coming too, and again in that statement all you've done is omit the majority. Sorry dude, but this game is a wreck, and one day you're going to realize it isn't just your little bubble you live in. Aion's toast, and the people who love it have a right to complain and be negative about it... they were passionate about it like you once too.

I lived, breathed and dreamed Aion. I loved this game to death... but it's marred and an atrocity now, the company ignores us for the most part and most of the team seems inept and out of touch. I'm glad you're still enjoying it, and I say hey good for you, go for it... but acting like people who feel negative about it or act negatively about it, or "fail to articulate" how they feel about it, don't count or should just quit or get some kind of weird positivity treatment from you... honestly, that's kind of lame. Those people loved this game too. Their opinions deserve to be aknowledged and heard and validated. Lord knows the team won't do it... but why should the community either, I suppose.

Anyway, I've quit, so have my friends. Have a good time.

16 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

I understand your point and your position.  I disagree with it, but I understand it, and I've stated dozens of times that I actually do understand the frustration, though 99% of it is frustration based on a predetermined expectation, not of what is real.  What is real is that you pay a subscription for a game, you get to play that game.  If it fails to meet your expectations, simply don't pay for it anymore.

I especially want to touch on this, and aknowledge what you've said about understanding, bu disagreeing. I concede to that, and that's fine.

But I think the difference in our opinions is, you see the smallest things they give us as achievement enough to omit the lacklustre experience the company has given us. I think it's irresponsible to be content with this, but hey, that's up to you.

We pay a subscription for quality and premium service and experience... we don't get that. I can go play ESO without a sub and get all that, and I can play FF with a sub for 10x the experience I get here. I can pay a sub on almost any other MMO and have a way better, more professional experience.

If you're happy paying $20 for a $2 cheeseburger, go for it, that's your pallete, but to preach that kind of ideal on to other people is in my mind just making excuses for Ncsoft and enabling their incompentency and disconnect. The last end of your statement in that quote especially grinds my gears; I reiterate that other people loved this game. It's not fair to say "just don't play". Pretty ignorant, IMO. Responses like yours should be limited to "Sorry you don't enjoy it, I do, I hope it gets better for you or you find something better for your time and dollar"!

1 hour ago, Adla said:

I especially want to touch on this, and aknowledge what you've said about understanding, bu disagreeing. I concede to that, and that's fine.

But I think the difference in our opinions is, you see the smallest things they give us as achievement enough to omit the lacklustre experience the company has given us. I think it's irresponsible to be content with this, but hey, that's up to you.

We pay a subscription for quality and premium service and experience... we don't get that. I can go play ESO without a sub and get all that, and I can play FF with a sub for 10x the experience I get here. I can pay a sub on almost any other MMO and have a way better, more professional experience.

If you're happy paying $20 for a $2 cheeseburger, go for it, that's your pallete, but to preach that kind of ideal on to other people is in my mind just making excuses for Ncsoft and enabling their incompentency and disconnect. The last end of your statement in that quote especially grinds my gears; I reiterate that other people loved this game. It's not fair to say "just don't play". Pretty ignorant, IMO. Responses like yours should be limited to "Sorry you don't enjoy it, I do, I hope it gets better for you or you find something better for your time and dollar"!

Again, agree to disagree.  I respect your point of view, but agree with nearly none of it.

1 hour ago, Adla said:

I don't necessarily want more compensation, my gripe with Yolo goes beyond that and this instance. I was grateful once for having Aion and the things in it too, but as the trend goes it's dwindled and diminished. I think the majority of people are in their right to complain about things, and even be negative (to a degree), where as Yolo seems to think commenting on how great everything we have is should be enough for most people (which is what his posts allude to, whether he realizes that or not).

The game is in shambles, worse than I've seen it since beta.

You can pretend the math is in your favour, but your time is coming too, and again in that statement all you've done is omit the majority. Sorry dude, but this game is a wreck, and one day you're going to realize it isn't just your little bubble you live in. Aion's toast, and the people who love it have a right to complain and be negative about it... they were passionate about it like you once too.

I lived, breathed and dreamed Aion. I loved this game to death... but it's marred and an atrocity now, the company ignores us for the most part and most of the team seems inept and out of touch. I'm glad you're still enjoying it, and I say hey good for you, go for it... but acting like people who feel negative about it or act negatively about it, or "fail to articulate" how they feel about it, don't count or should just quit or get some kind of weird positivity treatment from you... honestly, that's kind of lame. Those people loved this game too. Their opinions deserve to be aknowledged and heard and validated. Lord knows the team won't do it... but why should the community either, I suppose.

Anyway, I've quit, so have my friends. Have a good time.

I will, thanks!  The game is still amazing and when it's not ... for me, then I'll  move on.  But I'm having fun playing the game with friends and running content, of which I have zero issues finding groups for.  Tried to siege the other night, but Elyos had like 4 alliances and we only had two, but it was fun.

And fun is all that's required.  February 11th Lost Ark releases ... probably kills most NA games anyway.  Good luck in your endeavors

2 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

Again, agree to disagree.  I respect your point of view, but agree with nearly none of it.

I will, thanks!  The game is still amazing and when it's not ... for me, then I'll  move on.  But I'm having fun playing the game with friends and running content, of which I have zero issues finding groups for.  Tried to siege the other night, but Elyos had like 4 alliances and we only had two, but it was fun.

And fun is all that's required.  February 11th Lost Ark releases ... probably kills most NA games anyway.  Good luck in your endeavors

I want to express regret for appearing to be standoffish at all, just so you know. Your communication skills are better than most here. I wish you luck as well.

For now we're on Archeage... and I'm being a terrible nuisance to people on my Darkrunner.

On 12/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, Adla said:

I want to express regret for appearing to be standoffish at all, just so you know. Your communication skills are better than most here. I wish you luck as well.

For now we're on Archeage... and I'm being a terrible nuisance to people on my Darkrunner.

No worries friend, all good.  Man, some of my best gaming memories were in Archeage.  Such a grand scale game that could have been the greatest.  I still remember the epic style fights with Goon Squad and Forest Crow on Aranzeb.  PvP was so much fun

On 12/10/2021 at 1:06 AM, Stormwing said:

@Jafoolycake:
Adla wants (more) compensation and Yoloranger is enjoying the game as it is with his friends.

This made me laugh out loud.  Well played

@Yoloranger IMO OP is right. We do deserve some medals compensation for sieges not being functional for more than a month. It's key content to gear progression. On the other hand it is true that they have handed a lot of free crowns. But medals are also just as important and we did miss a lot of medals due to sieges not being able to be conquered.

And just because YOU are having fun in your little circle, doesn't mean that the game isn't going to shit. They are killing the game again... there is no way you can't see that! I don't even need to prove it to you as server population already does it. Soon you and your friends won't have people to fight against... and will be forced to quit. And that is exactly what we, people who complain, don't want to happen. That's why we complain and fight so much. We want the product that the game could have been.

@Jafoolycake Except that this is the NA server. If EU players choose to play here, that's on them. I for one play from Brazil, everything is 2h late here. I can't attend everything, but I accepted it when I started playing. That was a poor analogy.

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

That's why we complain and fight so much. We want the product that the game could have been.

This is the product they were delivering tho, KR got this so we got this. You are living in make believe land wanting something different.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is the product they were delivering tho, KR got this so we got this. You are living in make believe land wanting something different.

Perhaps I wasn't clear when I used the word product.

In the case we are judging, Aion is a service. The service is the product. Can we all agree on that? If they stop serving the service, we cannot play Aion anymore. It's not like a offline game that you can load and play whenever you can.

And as for the Aion service, I include everything; from the community managers, support, the managers, QA, the game itself. Now let's talk about each of those separately:

- Community managers: We are back to 1 post per week. Even when they were active, even before Aion Classic (I was playing 7.x), almost nothing was done. Minor changes here and there, but nothing really important to the western market. Now it's just... sad.

- Support and managers: Have always been clueless. Nothing new.

- QA: They need a better QA. I like Loki, but he has been lacking a lot lately. Maybe he is the only QA for Retail and Classic, idk, but he is clueless about the siege issues.

- The game: Aion is, to me, the best game out there. I love it. I really do. The core of the game, I love it. That's why I'm playing classic again. But they are failing to address western problems such as AP traders, bots, drop rates, siege issue (being worked now after almost 2 months) and the subscription model.

Some of those issues are generated due to the lack of population and the lack of population is generated by some of those issues. They need to react faster to issues, or else it becomes a snowball. Heck, it has already become a snowball.

7 hours ago, Cnc said:

- The game: Aion is, to me, the best game out there. I love it. I really do. The core of the game, I love it. That's why I'm playing classic again. But they are failing to address western problems such as AP traders, bots, drop rates, siege issue (being worked now after almost 2 months) and the subscription model.

You say western problems but the reality is you are just saying the grass is greener on the other side.

Siege buff was a blanket buff and it was not good for every server, People stopped playing on the 2 servers i was apart of because there was no way for the elyos to take a fort after the change. Even if they were left alone the entire time they would of never flipped the fort. This caused the servers i was on to completely die.

Bots outnumber the playerbase 10-1 over in KR and that is on a bad day i would say it is closer to 20-1 on some servers. In the first month siege on myserver would be 2000v2000 then the next siege it would be 80 vs 2500 because the bots would have players locked out of the server so people could not get in to participate. NA does not have a bot problem like KR. In KR the elite mobs level 40+ in herion and belusian were completely wiped out. I am not talking just bots clearing them every single mob in those area's had a group of bots camping it. Our bots are nothing in comparison to KR.

drop rates KRs market looks so nice because they have 500x the bots NA has their drop rate is no different to ours we just have less bots. Also the drop rates on balic materials was nerfed from the original to entice people in to buying their battle passes.

AP traders Lastly AP traders. Korea had level 25 governors. I posted it here before classic even came out in our region when i was still playing in KR. 

None of the issues you mentioned are western problems they are NCsoft problems because they do not care so long as the flow of cash keeps coming in. 

In the case we are judging, Aion is a service. The service is the product. Can we all agree on that? If they stop serving the service, we cannot play Aion anymore. It's not like a offline game that you can load and play whenever you can.

And as for the Aion service, I include everything; from the community managers, support, the managers, QA, the game itself. Now let's talk about each of those separately:

This is all self entitlement, The NCwest does not need to supply any of this. While sure it would be nice and obviously even i would love this, The only people that would hate this are the current hackers/cheaters/exploiters. It does not matter what i would love tho, They have no obligation to do this and that is why Aion/NCsoft games in the west are not very successful in terms of major success. They are still successful and still turn a profit in which is all they are looking for.

Very common of the western community to think everyone needs to bend over backwards for them when that is not the case in the gaming genre especially when nostalgic goggles are being worn by your playerbase.

59 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@HealingSquid-KT:
Is there any screenshot of the level 25 governor? I mean just due to the fact that level 25 can not get passed one star officer.

unknown.png

This is the closest thing i got to proof, The other Screen shots i took were in the Korean classic discord which i long since left(and upgraded my PC). Note how there is a level 50 there as well so they are showing ranks correctly. Obviously this one is not the one with the 1.2m AP level 25 but you get the point.

Also note that assassin got atleast 700k AP in a day, That is due to their crown buying system. You could gift yourself the 90 day subscription and get 3 crowns so people gifted themselves 90 subscriptions till they had enough for an entire 50E set. 

I know in NA we were never able to get past a certain rank as a lower level but in KR it was definitely a thing.

@HealingSquid-KT:
Thank you for the screenshot, which is interesting since here rank was/is limited up to level 40.
Yet, you can not validate ap-trading by mentioning their governor and at the same time write that he was governor due to gifting crowns. Also they (or atleast this one) were level 40 and not 25. If you are spreading facts for your argumentation, they should be accurate and provable.

Archived