Jump to content
Cyan

Unscheduled Server Maintenance - January 11, 2018

Recommended Posts

Aly-DN   
17 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

I'm confused... Where do we get the "Twin's Gift" and what levels can accept it? Because I have a level 25 alt and would like to pick it up if I can.

The Twins gift is part of the Homeward Bound event. You can get it on new accounts and accounts that haven't been logged in for 30+ days. (Or like what's happening now.. where there was a mistake and everyone is flagged a returning user.)

The twins gift must be opened prior to hitting level 20. If you wait until you are 21, you won't be able to open it. 

Your character is 25, so even if you picked it up, you wouldn't be able to open it.

Edited by Aly-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryos, easy to say when you live in Aion, best for all would have been to just leave it alone, now only those who logged get it, now others don't and it only screws those who have a life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it's a mute point now, have a nice day. As far as returning user's, very doubtful you have that many, the only people who benefit are those daily players who now all get it leaving the rest with too bad so sad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anone who's interested, thus far gift boxes for the <level 20 Twin's Gift are 20, 22, 24, 28 and 32. The level 28 gift box contains a butterfly wing skin.

tumblr_p2f2gvPoJN1qagxh1o4_1280.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can buy a permanent version of that skin (is it temporary or permanent from the twin's box?) off of the broker, sometimes for "cheap." Shining Light's Wings, I think? For if you ever need to find that skin again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previously during the HB event, drops/xp pots would be for EVERYONE to use, is this not still true? my character shows returning player ( my gf's doesn't) and she can't pick up the pots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
33 minutes ago, JulianTheWolf-DN said:

Previously during the HB event, drops/xp pots would be for EVERYONE to use, is this not still true? my character shows returning player ( my gf's doesn't) and she can't pick up the pots 

Are you thinking of the Code Red event? There was a medical tent and you got free scrolls and potions from the doctors in it? That may have happened once during Homeward Bound but it isn't part of that event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I think you can buy a permanent version of that skin (is it temporary or permanent from the twin's box?) off of the broker, sometimes for "cheap." Shining Light's Wings, I think? For if you ever need to find that skin again!

The twin's box one is only temporary, unfortunately - you can't wear the wings until level 30, but the timer starts from the moment you open the gift box - it was only 1 day, and I didn't have free time to game until the evening so by the time I hit 30 there were only 90 minutes left on the clock - but I had a lovely 90 minutes racing through all the tasks in the Eracus Temple wearing them. :D I definitely want to pick up a permanent pair for her when I've gotten together the kinah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jeffifa-DN said:

Bryos, easy to say when you live in Aion, best for all would have been to just leave it alone, now only those who logged get it, now others don't and it only screws those who have a life,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it's a mute point now, have a nice day. As far as returning user's, very doubtful you have that many, the only people who benefit are those daily players who now all get it leaving the rest with too bad so sad....

You can't argue with addicted players who already got their prize. If they didn't "fix" the issue, it wouldn't have been unfair for the truly returning players, as Bryos says. Simply because returning players don't care about benefits for playing players (or they would play). They come back to receive their own perks, not because the others don't.

In this way, who missed it yesterday, will remain away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, whilst I am a returning player, I didn't come back just for the Homeward Bound event - I didn't even know about it, because up until now I never really frequented the forum. I only stopped playing because my laptop just couldn't handle the graphics demand of the game and it had become virtually unplayable to me, and I came back because a friend very kindly gave me their HP Envy when they got a new laptop, and it suddenly occurred to me that it would be able to handle Aion fine even at the highest graphics settings. It is a shame that those who can't log daily due to IRL demands end up missing out, but sadly that's just the nature of events; the regulars will take full advantage, as will those who keep one eye on the forums and set aside time to game - or, like me, just happen to come back at the opportune moment. It's always the way with any event - there will always be some people who miss out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk, we are talking about a planned event in a videogame here, not about casual accidents in life. This in particular is called Homebound Ward, addressed to returning players. It's made to call back as much old players as possible. What's the point in making it available for 30 days, no wait, we messed it up, it's only 2 now. I mean, very professional. At least, the description on the website is misleading now, so even if you read it, the info is simply wrong. Just remove the ad.

Btw, to be clear, I don't care at all about my returning status. It's just that this company seems to decide what event to put and how to "fix" the game while eating the lunch break.

Edited by KallSu-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homeward Bound or w/e wasn't take down, though. It's still up.

It sounds like there was just some kind of error in calculating returning player status being people who were logged off for a matter of hours (my guess because I was only offline for, like, >12-odd hours and got it, lol) vs 30 days. They just repaired the returning status to 30 days offline.

The event is still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Elonwyn-KT said:

For anone who's interested, thus far gift boxes for the <level 20 Twin's Gift are 20, 22, 24, 28 and 32. The level 28 gift box contains a butterfly wing skin.

tumblr_p2f2gvPoJN1qagxh1o4_1280.jpg

I remember that the Twin's Gift was only usable once per-account. If I never got the Twin's Gift on an Account, could I pick it up on a character above lvl 20, then wait until I hit one of the above levels mentioned and get a gift? (I didn't get returning player status, but I'd like to know for the future). Also, if I DID get a Twin's Gift box on my account am I supposed to choose a level to open it, or do I get more at different levels?

P.S. It sure would be nice to have some official clarification on these Events....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
33 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

I remember that the Twin's Gift was only usable once per-account. If I never got the Twin's Gift on an Account, could I pick it up on a character above lvl 20, then wait until I hit one of the above levels mentioned and get a gift? (I didn't get returning player status, but I'd like to know for the future). Also, if I DID get a Twin's Gift box on my account am I supposed to choose a level to open it, or do I get more at different levels?

P.S. It sure would be nice to have some official clarification on these Events....

No. The Twin Box can only be opened by a character under level 20, though all characters will get one if they were flagged a returning user at the Homeward Bound event. If a character under level 20 opens it, they will get another box that has to be opened at level 22 and then 24 and then 28 and then 32. (As clarified by @Elonwyn-KT.) If you fail to open the first box at level 20, then you will not get the subsequent boxes. If you miss opening it at any level stated, then you won't get it at the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad someone could clear that up for us. I was wondering though; do we have to collect the following Twin's Gifts on the same toon, or can we pick them up on other toons on the same account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they're character-bound. They seem to be every 4 levels after 24; next one after 32 is 36. Mount boxes seem to show up every few levels too; I've got another stored for Arkady up there, which I'm holding onto for when her unicorn mount expires after a week. I created an alt who's now level 28 and riding around on the Executioner's Mount:

tumblr_inline_p2gzxf0Ro71qaz50v_1280.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I asked is because I claimed it on an alt that I no longer use. I was wondering if I delete that character if I could pick the gifts up on someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 10:32 PM, Aly-DN said:

Are you thinking of the Code Red event? There was a medical tent and you got free scrolls and potions from the doctors in it? That may have happened once during Homeward Bound but it isn't part of that event.

no my gf is a returning player right now and both of us have previously been able to get the drop pots when the event was going on, even when we where not returning players. currently she is returning and the marker is not showing up on her name but it IS showing up on mine and i'm NOT a returning player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
42 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

The reason I asked is because I claimed it on an alt that I no longer use. I was wondering if I delete that character if I could pick the gifts up on someone else?

Yes. Every character can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's cool. So its kind of like the surveys back when you could get pets and gear on one character as they leveled. I was under the impression that I could only claim the gifts on one character per account, and no other. If I understand you correctly though, you are saying I could open the lvl 20 gift on one toon, and open the lvl 24 gift on a different toon who reaches lvl 24?

Edited by Gallium-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×