XIGNCODE3

Cyan

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

To open my characters together. Is it a crime?? It never was so before.

Actually.. it is. We can open two accounts for Aion. We are not meant to be able to open three. In the past you could use something to work around that. Since the new anti-cheat is looking for workarounds, you may not be able to do this any more.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Actually.. it is. We can open two accounts for Aion. We are not meant to be able to open three. In the past you could use something to work around that. Since the new anti-cheat is looking for workarounds, you may not be able to do this any more.

Sucks! Then I won't be able to record videos of 8 toons together! You want people to stop playing Aion? Will look for a private server with an older version :( 

3 minutes ago, Vocifera-DN said:

Sandboxie is a VM. Running a VM is not any different than people who use multiple computers.

I use multiple computers too. And I bought bikes, skins and dyes for my toons to be able to enjoy the game :(

1 minute ago, Psyweaver-KT said:

Experiencing random crashes for some sort of memory error that I've never had before, running with 8GB RAM and the only thing that has changed since yesterday is this anti-cheat programme which I heard uses a lot of memory

I had a crash today too, a whole computer froze :(

I am trying to play simultaneously with my brother but something wrong is happening, when one of us logs on his account the other that is connected ends up disconnecting, and so when the other reconnect I end up disconnecting, preventing us from playing with our accounts at the same time, this is because of XINGCODE ???

On 20/2/2018 at 10:57 PM, Cyan said:

During February 21 maintenance, we're going to add a new anti-cheating software named XIGNCODE3, which was mentioned in the Producer's Letter. As with any new feature we’re constantly collecting feedback, any reported issues, and working to address them as quickly as possible.

If you experience any issues with running or playing the game after the maintenance, we ask that you visit the report thread and fill out the template we’ve created to collect more information. In addition, we do still want you to contact our Customer Support team so we can track your issue and work with you to try to find potential issues we can work to resolve on our end.

We have thoroughly tested and vetted XIGNCODE3 in our internal environment. We are confident it is ready in the live environment, but with any deployments, there are risks, and the team is standing by to migate any issues that arise.

Nevertheless, we've seen some concerns over what it is and what it does. We won't disclose how the program works as it’ll provide an insight for cheaters into our processes, but it is a service that boots during game launch and while playing (no software is installed), it does not collect any personally identifiable information we don’t already have from when you registered your NC account, it does not continue to run after the game is closed, and its only purpose is to monitor the Aion game client of any cheating programs or cheating attempts. If you you have been using programs that don't directly interfere or manipulate the Aion game processes, those programs will continue to work the same as before. There will not be any issues with duo-boxing clients either. If you are having issues with XIGNCOD3, please visit our thread here to report any issues you may be experiencing.

We’re looking forward to continuing to refine our methods of detection, and your help and assistance to ensure Aion is a game that supports a spirit of fair play.

5 hours ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

I did some research on other games, in this case Black Desert Online, that use this software and essentially it appears to be  very invasive. I remember when Capcom tried to implement anti-cheat using a rootkit in Street Fighter 5 on the PC and the community threw a fit and the backed down.

A damning quotes from the link:

I'm at work but to anyone who started playing after the patch please verify this.

@Cyan Please check the 2nd post I quoted and explain why it contradicts the parts that I bolded out. I double checked it myself and the service DOES exist and RUNS after the game is closed, this is concerning and makes it appear you guys don't have any control over what this thing even does or does not, so how to trust this? We do indeed need an anticheat, but not an invasive one...

Archived