NPC selling limit before 6.2

Bionika-DN

No, ncsoft should just keep the kinah limit on. The kinah limit has been there for ages so don't say that no one knew. Why have you been hoarding supplements, that I would not know but I sure as heck know that information about 6.0 or 6.2 has been out for ages as well now even before there was a 6.0 info thread started on the forums. Why should those better informed about supplements becoming useless in 6.x and have been getting rid of them early on be put at a disadvantage now to hoarders like you who for some reason has been farming 100s of supplement bags from cradle or wherever and then now asking for kinah limit to be removed. I'm sorry if it looks like i'm ranting but i've seen too many of such forum posts to continue ignoring it. The world isn't fair so suck it up the kinah limit is staying. If ncsoft decided to remove the kinah limit sooner or later people might as well be saying that their level 4 sheba is now bad cause of the minion skill changes and they want a minion box as compensation to pick another level 4 minion of their choice cause they sunk loads of effort into it.

If we were one of the first regions of aion to get 6.x then yes perhaps it would be a good move to remove kinah limit but currently we are like the last region to get the patch so tldr no we shouldn't remove the kinah limit.

The kinah limit should hjave been increased along with the economy evolutions across the years and updates, during 3.5 117kk was an important amount of kinah, you can buy many things,felicitous used to cost around 30-40kk in the time the manastones used to break all the slots in the item when fail and u had to start over, right now in 5.8 117kk which is the max kinah you can adquire from the npc, that 117kk in 5.8 are useless, you can afford any worth item except omegas and temperings, with normal price you can get ONE. For this reaosn i believe they should've increased the kinah sell limit with the economy evolution.

20 minutes ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

The kinah limit should hjave been increased along with the economy evolutions across the years and updates, during 3.5 117kk was an important amount of kinah, you can buy many things,felicitous used to cost around 30-40kk in the time the manastones used to break all the slots in the item when fail and u had to start over, right now in 5.8 117kk which is the max kinah you can adquire from the npc, that 117kk in 5.8 are useless, you can afford any worth item except omegas and temperings, with normal price you can get ONE. For this reaosn i believe they should've increased the kinah sell limit with the economy evolution.

Dear dear chibiusa, educate me if i'm wrong after all I only started playing when aion went f2p and neither am I a student of economics. I'm pretty sure the reason why omegas, tempers and "worthy" items are the price they are is due to this very wonderful concept of inflation and supply and demand. If you were like me and have tried out the new server of beritra before, you would have seen that omegas, tempers and "worthy" items aren't anything like what they are worth on the broker on the older servers, this I believe is because a new server is like a new country with a mint that just started printing currency. The thing is though, compared to most countries in reality, in a video game, currency keeps getting generated. Through what means you say? Through pure kinah drops and kinah gotten from npcing stuff. If you think that increasing the kinah limit at the npc along with the "economy evolutions" (woah sounds like the industrial revolution to me) is gonna let you afford any worthy items, your dead wrong. Increasing the kinah limit along the way is just gonna inflate the economy even more making such items cause more too because there is overall more currency rolling about on the server. If you do not believe what I mentioned, I have a real life scenario to present just due south of the "great wall of trump". Nope not mexico! Further down under! It comes in the form of a south american nation known as Venezuela. Good day.

36 minutes ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

The lower value of kinah (basically the increased prices of the items you listed), was caused because (between other reasons) "new" kinah is easy to inject into the market. If they had increased the weekly cap, those 117m which cost you to purchase Felicitous would have been 200m or more, and we would be here discussing "Why havent they increased the kinah cap by 4 times instead of 2?!". Prices are set by the community, who base their ideas on the current supply-demand of an item. If Felicitous are too epxensive, its because either too many people want them, or they are not too easy to come by, or both.

On 15/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

I've been maxing my weekly vendor limit for months and will still have thousands of supplements left that I will be unable to sell. Sad day. :(

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Reading is fundamental.

O yea? Is it now? Don't just quote a portion of wat u mentioned. Well I apologise again if I offended people like u who have been oh so forsaken by the gods. All that supplement hoarding from when? 2016? Even if lets discount the fact tat u only started selling supps the moment that 6.0 info thread was on de forums which was in jan, 2 jan in fact, u had a good 40 weeks from then till now to sell 29400 supps, 735 per week (at least thats the number i go for per week to leave a respectable 6 digit value to npc other stuff) in fact u could go 1 or 2 higher. Are you telling me you still have thousands leftover? Why hoard something you had no intention of using?

You certainly do not require thousands of supps to enchant something.

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Close to equal value as people who hoarded crafting mats that disappear along with the next update.

Again same as above. Why hoard something you have no intention of using? Wat sort of mats r these? For skins? For consumables? Why don't you instead of posting go use this time to craft something with those mats while you still can? Or did you just hoard this as an investment attempt? Well unfortunately not all investments go as planned. For me all my old crafting mats of the old crafts have already been converted into skins, cabinets and oh my should I share with u tat I also crafted 10k ghp 10k 4k dp jelly 20k vital/superior recovery serums (yes theres gonna be better pots next patch but in a way i minimise my kinah spent on those pots next patch by using worser pots) which is better than sitting here crying over spilled milk.

I'm not sure what's the drama here about but it's rather unnecessary.

21 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Why hoard something you had no intention of using?

People will ultimately do whatever they want to do, whether it benefits them or not. Everyone has a reason to hoard something.

Kinah limit stayed, is staying and will stay, because it prevents abuse. Hitting Kinah limit in the next patch might be tougher.

24 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Again same as above. Why hoard something you have no intention of using? Wat sort of mats r these? For skins? For consumables? Why don't you instead of posting go use this time to craft something with those mats while you still can? Or did you just hoard this as an investment attempt? Well unfortunately not all investments go as planned. For me all my old crafting mats of the old crafts have already been converted into skins, cabinets and oh my should I share with u tat I also crafted 10k ghp 10k 4k dp jelly 20k vital/superior recovery serums (yes theres gonna be better pots next patch but in a way i minimise my kinah spent on those pots next patch by using worser pots) which is better than sitting here crying over spilled milk.

Idk about you but have you tried crafting the 300p armor (skins) where the mats only came from world bosses? Each mat was 30-50m ea depending on which one it is and how often are the bosses killed? and if any of them came from events. If these players never "hoarded" these mats, they would never get these armor skins.  What I'm referring to in my post is the amount of incomplete crafts because of shorts of supply, going all the way back to the 1.5-3.0 skins too where they had 3 grades of material and those are even more rare since most of the population is at end game. 

The millions(even billions) spent on these and if they are short on mats, its literally worth 0 if the item can't be crafted, almost the same as not being able those supplements, since its kinah wasted instead of being earned. 

Yea i've crafted 2 prowess tops before might not be full set but correct me if im wrong the top covers the bottom and a top is basically the mats of 2 smaller piece aka glove/boots/shoulder so welp close enough. Yea they were 30 - 50m per mat actually no I remember them being 10 - 30m when I did. Early bird catches the worm or so they say. 5.8 has been out for a good 10 months not to mention the older patches where ur trying to obtain ur skins from. U had ample time to attempt to farm the mats urself (how? Reroll a lower level toon to farm the lower level mats) even if they weren't available on broker. Why have u waited till such a delicate timing to obtain said skins then complain that ur short on mats? Everyone clearly knows sooner or later another patch will come. Its been like this forever so what gave u the impression that u could slowly, relaxingly camp broker every opportunity u had to hoard mats? R u even a skin collector? Whrs ur zeal as one to immediately obtain something that catches ur eye. Ur like the complete opposite of tat person above u know? Tat one just pve for too much supps if he/she hasn't been exaggerating or lying who knows.

1 hour ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Tat one just pve for too much supps if he/she hasn't been exaggerating or lying who knows.

Oh no, I played the game, how dare I? I mean, did you NOT get about 600 of those greater supplement bags from the Daeva Dash event? Because I did. And I only played that event on like 5 toons.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Oh no, I played the game, how dare I? I mean, did you NOT get about 600 of those greater supplement bags from the Daeva Dash event? Because I did. And I only played that event on like 5 toons.

Folks, we have identified the problem. Those supplement bags weren't untradeable were they? Why on earth did u open them to obtain untradeable supps which u can now only npc for kinah when u could have thrown those bags onto broker like I did the first week of the end of the world event when people were panic enchanting without a shred of logic.

1 hour ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

And its not as though you'll make a great loss of kinah selling it to others compared to npc

I did the math. Here is your answer. I have 6 Huge bags and 122 Large bags. Those contain a total of 6060 Supplements. Each Supplement vendors for 153,600 Kinah. Current Broker price* on KT for Huge is 52,000,000 Kinah, and 4,479,000 Kinah for Large. This is a net difference of 9,440,000 Kinah per Huge and 129,000 kinah per large, resulting in a total deficit of a measly 72.4 Million Kinah. For DN*: Huge 65,000,000, Large 3,700,000, Net Huge -3,560,000, Net Large 908,000, Total 89.4 Million Kinah.

Total for selling 6060 Supplements is 930,816,000. So approximately 7-10% Loss.

That's not a great loss? 

*Pricing reflective of Server Time 20:10 ± 5 Minutes

Man for real, is it too much of an effort to open your supplements bags on alt accounts and sell the supplements there ? By now you could've even bought them kitter pets to sell each supplement for extra kinah.

If you already opened them for no good reason on a toon where you're going to be kinah capped until the update, and really hate to waste items, find stuff to enchant, it shouldn't be that hard with this event. Get spares, get +15 pve gear extras to disenchant when 6.0 hits, you'll have manastone slot expanders/fasteners day 1, yay for you.

Woah u want to play with the pricing as of the most recent time? Well here's what I have to say to you. Even as we continue our clash of words here, the price is gonna crash up till patch day similar to omegas because people r slowly realising the fact its much easier to temper to get compensation than plusing something up to 15 and more to attempt for compensation. Did you read my previous post? About how I sold it on the first week of the current event? Tada, read the rest of it and slowly digest the price of omegas back then and realise how its tied to supplement pricing. Imo even at the current 7 - 10% loss now its better to sell it then hold it and get nothing in the end. Run along now pylinaer you should have more important stuff to do like getting rid of those 6 huge bags and 122 large bags than posting. Good day.

37 minutes ago, Capa-KT said:

Man for real, is it too much of an effort to open your supplements bags on alt accounts and sell the supplements there ? By now you could've even bought them kitter pets to sell each supplement for extra kinah.

If you already opened them for no good reason on a toon where you're going to be kinah capped until the update, and really hate to waste items, find stuff to enchant, it shouldn't be that hard with this event. Get spares, get +15 pve gear extras to disenchant when 6.0 hits, you'll have manastone slot expanders/fasteners day 1, yay for you.

I know this is going to sound weird. But I only have one account.

Shirayuki, 

I didn't even think about my Supplements until late last week. I stuck them in the account warehouse for when I wanted to plus my gear... and then I quit caring to plus my gear. So I wasn't really even able to sell at the start of the event. Also, prices haven't really dropped much since late last week, if at all.

Lastly, the point is that some of us have tons left, and since prices will be crashing, we would like to get as much value as possible. e.g. removing the kinah limit. It's not about what we could have or should have done, it's about what we can do before the patch hits.

Yikes, if ur gonna adopt a less whining like tone now I won't know what to do to keep this drama rolling. *clutches head in despair*

Welp tldr no way ncsoft gonna remove kinah limit unless poof suddenly kinah limit removed on this maintenance. So....

Huge and large supplement bags (tradeable)

- Broker them (we can talk about value all day but we know like omegas its not gonna climb back up)

Opened supplements and supplement bags from AoE/CoE etc. (Untradeable)

- Vendor as much as possible

-Enchant stuff like Capa said

While the world hasn't ended.

Supplements exist to upgrade gear, not to make kinah. Yea you have lots left but so does everyone else, why should nc remove a healthy limit just so you make bank selling items that have been falling from the sky for well over year? What do you think it's going to happen to the prices in 6.2 if everyone waltz in with 20-30b kinah on their bags?

Archived