Producer’s Letter – November 2018

Neleth-KT

Greetings Daevas,

With the Aion: Awakened Legacy update now live, I wanted to take some time to share some information about the future of Aion and the actions we are taking to address player feedback.

First, you may have noticed that we’ve slowed down our cadence of events. This is deliberate – with the release of the new content, we wanted to ensure players are able to spend time engaging with the core of Aion’s gameplay instead of hopping from event to event. We think this slower event schedule will help boost the appeal of the core content of the game – with the brand new content introduced in the Aion: Awakened Legacy update, we want to make sure our events enhance the core game, not replace it. You’ll start to see these new events in early December.

Another critical issue we’re working to address right now is faction imbalance. This week we released a fix to the faction buff applied when a fort is occupied by one side for too long. Rest assured, this is not the only change we have planned – we actually have a few lined up, and will roll them out as we continue to monitor the situation. We also want to make sure we are appropriately addressing the unique populations on each server, instead of handing down a blanket “one size fits all” solution that might only work for some cases. The other options we’re considering for this include incentives to roll characters on outnumbered factions, or adjustments directly to the balance of sieges.

One awesome thing is the huge amount player feedback we’ve received in regards to the new game systems. Thanks to this feedback, we’re currently discussing our options with the development team to see what can be done to improve these experiences you’ve told us about. We’re looking to add new, engaging content to Aion as we move towards the next big update. I don’t want to spoil too much right now, as we’re still in the early planning phases, but we’ve got big plans in store for Aion’s future.

Launching the Aion: Awakened Legacy update was a huge undertaking for us, and we’re happy to see so many new and old Daevas in the game. But with this new game update, getting all your feedback is a huge help for us to continually work on making sure that the game gets bigger and better.

Sincerely,

Michael Shreffler
Aion Producer

I see nobody talking about it so I thought I should post it here o-o

I saw it the day it was posted but I have little to comment on it. The only good sorta thing they’re doing is slowing down the events, because before it was so overwhelming I could barely do any in game content with so little time. However, if they’re slowed down, they have to double the rewards to please the audience. 

What's there to say? It doesn't actually say anything other than less events (which Cyan already told us) and "NCSoft cares about faction imbalance" (which they have been saying since '09 -and- less people are complaining about now that the buff is working).

Well, other that a lot of "problems" that i don't think are the core here, even remotely, at least:

"We’re looking to add new, engaging content to Aion as we move towards the next big update. I don’t want to spoil too much right now, as we’re still in the early planning phases, but we’ve got big plans in store for Aion’s future"

Gives a bit of hope that it won't stay like this crap forever.

Archived