6.2 Exchanged gear! good idea? or made it to hard for starting/non rich players?

Lolabye-DN

Hello all :)

Thought I would open a trolls paradise & ask opinions about the 6.2 update & how PVP is to them

1. Is it fair as a starting player having to face opposition that have god like gear?

2. Is it fair to say only those before 6.2 update with a lot of money to spend become instant gods with the gear exchange NC implemented?

3. Is it fair that now Aion has become a pathetic in regards to how impossible it is sometimes to do the simplest things without being slaughtered by a hole group/alliance of opposition that call you rubbish for not having thousands of $$$ to splash on a MMO for that OP gear? 

Please let me know, I would like to bring the subject to light, odds are it won't change anything but getting honest & hopefully (None troll) opinions out in the open may get NC/west attention (Yes I know NC never read or respond to anything on forums) but maybe one day someone might & maybe think of some way to help out those that cannot get anywhere due to this

I would rather own a game with 100,000 players online than only 5,000 that pay the developers wages

Thank you for you're time 

Have a pleasant day <3

5 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Be grateful that you do not lose your exp, kinah, gp, gear, loot, or quest progress when you get killed by enemy faction players.

Why should anyone be grateful? who would stay in a game like that? LMAO

and please - don't say "but there are games like that"- 90% of us would quit, and rightly so

and OP- assuming that everyone with compensation gear is "godly" is just too funny. There's all kinds of levels of compensated gear, most people just got a very small step up. There's a few people that ended up with ultimate gear- it's that very small percentage  that got ultimate that is the big problem. No one should have received ultimate gear.

You say that you want to start a dialog in hopes that things will change, but the way you ask your questions are really skewed. Hard to have an open discussion when you have already prejudged the outcome.

1. Was it fair to give out exchange gear? Imo, yes. Offering players that have stuck with the game consistently a leg up on the competition for new gear was a generous and healthy reward for a loyal player base. 

2. Is it fair to assume that only "wealthy" players received exchange gear? No. I know players that got top-notch exchange gear that spent little to nothing in the cash shop. If you meant wealthy in an in-game sense (as in.. having a lot of kinah prior to the patch), in-game wealth goes hand in hand with consistently playing.

3. Is it fair that now Aion has become a pathetic in regards to how impossible it is sometimes to do the simplest things without being slaughtered by a hole group/alliance of opposition that call you rubbish for not having thousands of $$$ to splash on a MMO for that OP gear?

I don't even know where to start with this question. Pathetic, impossible, slaughtered. rubbish, $$$ and OP. So what I am reading here is that a group killed you, rubbish talked you and you assume it was because they are pay2win. Welcome to Aion! Welcome to MMOs! Welcome to the wonderous world of the interwebs! 

Thank you for the honest replies so far :-)

Sounds like some people take these forums a little to seriously, why some (from the looks of it) take offence to something so small as someone else's opinion?

If you don't like what the post says?!? don't respond to it, If you do have something to say please do so, but please don't get butt hurt over what you cannot agree with.

1. I was referring to starting players that may struggle to get anywhere before giving up (Not good reassurance for new comers)

2. Yes compensation gear (in my opinion) was fair of NC to do for those veteran players, though as stated by Rapier-DN, Ultimate gear was a little to much of a compensation

3. I never opened this topic "In hopes" of changing anything, I simply brought up that it won't likely change anything, but small chance someone may read this at NC & take it into consideration :-)

4. Everyone gets zerged by groups/alliances of opposition, I am not the only one, the thing I find hard to deal with is these players that have Ultimate compensation gear already at +15,1-2 of them can wipe entire alliances alone, that is where I see a little hiccup, but I guess someones opinion is to much for some to handle & must get hurt over it.

Anyway I appreciate the time you spent to reply to this

Game on :-)    

42 minutes ago, BlackMumba-DN said:

If you don't like what the post says?!? don't respond to it, If you do have something to say please do so, but please don't get butt hurt over what you cannot agree with.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, BlackMumba-DN said:

Thought I would open a trolls paradise & ask opinions

tenor.gif?itemid=10902878

I'm so happy I got my compensation Ultimate Gear ... it keeps me safe as I roam around and get ZERGED by others with compensation Ultimate Gear ... I don't go looking for NOOBS that I know I can KILL Easy ... i'm looking for Old Names who I KNOW have compensation Ultimate Gear that I can go TOE to TOE with ... 

Plus all the Rank 1 NOOBS don't give me enough AP to make it worth my time Killing them in their NON-Compensation Ultimate Gear ... 

and for all who don't have compensation Ultimate Gear ... it ain't all that ... I have some Legendary Genesis Gear that is better than my compensation Ultimate Gear already ... 

What I am trying to say is, DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE, GEAR YOURSELF, DO YOU, HAVE FUN, ITS A GAME PEOPLE !!! ENJOY IT !!!

IRL I'm not mad at the guy that has a V8 next to me when I have the V6 ... I enjoy what I have and work hard to eventually upgrade what I have ... 

IRL I'm not mad at the Trust Fund Babies who got things handed to them, I enjoy what I have and work hard to eventually upgrade what I have ... 

I enjoy what I have and work hard to eventually upgrade what I have ... 

*MIC DROP*

So, how is your game with 100,000 players that don't pay anything for the game going to stay afloat???  Do you know how Capitalism works?  Everything.runs.on.money.  

Let me let you in on a little secret; the degree of p2w in this game is not near as what you think it is.  There are players who did not spend a single dime on this game, came back the last couple weeks for the 'End of the World Event,' and got full sets of +15 Legendary gear.  There are players in full ultimate, who are not P2W.  They just farmed smart.  And we were told if WE stuck around from 5.8 into 6.2, because people were rage quitting, that we would be rewarded.  You snooze, you lose.  Thems the facts.  I used to be subbed to Prestige, and I would maybe buy luna here and there, but I certainly never spent even hundreds on this game, let alone thousands.  And I'm one of those people you're talking about running around in +15 legendary.  Got a PVE set and a PVP set by just being mindful, running my instances, and farming events.  

If this game was as p2w as you seem to imply, we would not be in this bad of predicament.  Aion would be pulling in a million USD a quarter.  It's not.  Which is why NCWest has like 3 employees for Aion.  

Sure, it'd be sweet if the only things sold in the cash shop were convenience and costumes, but we don't have the population.  Sure, 6.2 is crap, but ya'll cried how bad 5.x was, but at least 5.x had a ton of ways to get around the pay blocks, and alts were infinitely more useful, which is to say they are still somewhat useful for 6.x, you just have to be far more creative.  At least 5.x, if you were ungeared, you could find some other ungeared people to run some old content, or explore, or do something, but everyone thought 6.x was going to be the savior to Aion.   Let me be clear:  The handling and administration of this game is absolutely atrocious, but complaining about other players for getting ahead is not a valid complaint in the least.  Especially with your argument is absolutely invalid and insulting to the people who aren't fair weather players.  

On 21/11/2018 at 7:28 AM, BlackMumba-DN said:

Hello all :)

Thought I would open a trolls paradise & ask opinions about the 6.2 update & how PVP is to them

1. Is it fair as a starting player having to face opposition that have god like gear?

2. Is it fair to say only those before 6.2 update with a lot of money to spend become instant gods with the gear exchange NC implemented?

Please let me know, I would like to bring the subject to light, odds are it won't change anything but getting honest & hopefully (None troll) opinions out in the open may get NC/west attention (Yes I know NC never read or respond to anything on forums) but maybe one day someone might & maybe think of some way to help out those that cannot get anywhere due to this

I would rather own a game with 100,000 players online than only 5,000 that pay the developers wages

Thank you for you're time 

Have a pleasant day <3

The problem is not exchange gear, is the fact you cannot progress your own gear with the current enchant rates and the difficulty of getting legendary (or even ultimate) enchant stones.

I would prefer the stones to drop even more rare but have the rates increased, so it still takes you some time to level it up but at least it will be possible. As I said on another post, you gotta wait till 6.5 to enchant/upgrade gear where they fix the enchant rates to something more reasonable.

I agree with your with disparity BUT the problem is not the secondary gear given to 5.8 people who played the game actively, but the fact new gear is impossible to make. Even crafted gear is too hard to make and get the proc version which is the only one that worths.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 2:22 AM, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

The problem is not exchange gear, is the fact you cannot progress your own gear with the current enchant rates and the difficulty of getting legendary (or even ultimate) enchant stones.

I would prefer the stones to drop even more rare but have the rates increased, so it still takes you some time to level it up but at least it will be possible. As I said on another post, you gotta wait till 6.5 to enchant/upgrade gear where they fix the enchant rates to something more reasonable.

I agree with your with disparity BUT the problem is not the secondary gear given to 5.8 people who played the game actively, but the fact new gear is impossible to make. Even crafted gear is too hard to make and get the proc version which is the only one that worths.

I have promoted 6+ items.... Idk, I do not think it is hard. Super RNG? Of course but AIon has always been that way. 6.5 and up will fix that. I have played 7.0 and people with the new painter class already have like 60% or more in legendary gear. The biggest difference is how NCwest does this game versus the rest. I wish we had KR as it was... cause it is amazing and fair. 

Archived