Who made decisions about Aion NA

Neleth-KT

Cyan and Hime said they're messagers so someone has to make decisions right ? Who made decisions about getting 6.5 enchantment rate to 6.2 ? Who made decision about luna changes ? Who made decision about skins in GST ? Who made decision Aion NA will have less event now ? Is it Michael Shreffler? If yes then why we never see him in forum ? Is there anyone above aion producer ? If yes then why we even have a producer for if he can't make a decision ? Is there someone making decision right now or NCwest running by AI ?

Gideon/Michael Shreffler makes the decisions about Aion. He can't make changes alone, though. Most changes would go through him to the devs in Korea. The devs need to approve and then get it coded and sent back to us. Gideon's job doesn't include moderating the forums or posting weekly maint messages or any of the day to day contact with the player base any more than it includes answering support tickets or mopping the floor. Cyan is our Community Manager. He deals with us on a day to day basis and the takes our concerns to Gideon. Hime is Cyan's direct boss, so sometimes she also deals with us since that is the job of a Community Manager. Keep in mind that none of these people work exclusively on Aion, which to my mind is a real problem. If Aion had -one- NCWest staff member who's only focus was Aion things would go better for us.

Someone that posts as much as you do, Neleth, would know this.

So.. what's your real point? What are you trying to get at? Speak plain please rather than padding your issue with all this passive aggressive BS.

I start to think you're my fan club lol

Anyway let's start talking
Gideon is an employee who getting paid money for his work and as I view other NC each game got their own producer so I don't believed he's working on other NC games.
See here for who's lineage 2 producer https://www.lineage2.com/news/producers-letter-january-2019
Second why we even have our own producer if he can't make final decision ? We can just hire Cyan to pass info to Korean developers it would be the same result.
Third he can't change something simple like power shard price ? That's took like 3 months to made a change ? This one needs to talk to Korea too ? WTF we have a producer for ? 9_9
Fourth back in old forum we see QA with Gideon about 4.x patch,why he isn't do that anymore ? He's too busy with what ?
Fifth for someone who always passive aggressive BS all time like you calling me I'm passive aggressive I find that amusing. 

I think the reason we need permission from Korea for even the smallest change is because our NA publisher, NCwest, is a subsidiary of NCSoft. EU can make changes by themselves because Aion is published by Gameforge over there.

As for the Cyan/Hime... it does seem a bit fishy how little work they are putting into Aion. I don't know about the other games, but if their attention is split equally amongst all 3, that doesn't feel like enough workload for 2 full time employees. I mean Cyan literally makes 5 forum posts a week here, while Hime is nowhere to be seen. On the other hand, if they are spending most of their time on the other 2 games, well that should tell us something about the future of Aion here in NA.  

So basically your question is "why".

• Why do we have a producer?
  • Why can't Cyan be the producer and the CM?
  • Why does it take so long to make what we consider simple changes?
  • Why didn't we have a question and answer for 6.2 like we had for 4.0?

Correct me if I am wrong, because I am trying to figure out what you are actually getting at and it's like unwrapping layers of BS.

You think that Gideon isn't doing his job because you don't see him doing his job.

Am I correct?

im willing to bet there's some nerd who hates his job in one of not both the NA and HQ offices who's just trying to get through their crappy day by doing the minimum and just forgets to send e-mail or meeting requests between offices.

wouldn't that be funny and likely highly realistic

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

So basically your question is "why".

• Why do we have a producer?
  • Why can't Cyan be the producer and the CM?
  • Why does it take so long to make what we consider simple changes?
  • Why didn't we have a question and answer for 6.2 like we had for 4.0?

Correct me if I am wrong, because I am trying to figure out what you are actually getting at and it's like unwrapping layers of BS.

You think that Gideon isn't doing his job because you don't see him doing his job.

Am I correct?

Probably what he's getting to but it also brings up a question; how many of these guys do we actually need? The rate we received information and updates they might as well just come from KR.  Yes. I realize that's not easy/sensible. I'm just saying it's basically going to be the equivalent...

My company has floaters and fillers. We already consider ourselves a bare-bones crew but if you're perceptive enough you find there's only so many people here because others can't or refuse to pull their pants up and do more, or be more engaging. What I see here is people doing their jobs but not much beyond their basic tasks. Even then I'm not going to close out what could be happening behind closed doors.... but probably isn't...

So, he's likely getting to "what do you nyerks even do???? does anyone do? who do? you don't do. who do?"

I mean, that has been kind of clear since the beginning but it would be nice to have a concise conversation... you're right about that. 

@Aly-DN Do you work for ncsoft? If the answer is no then stop acting like you know exactly how the hierarchy works at ncsoft. Or site exactly where you got your information. My guess is your deducing your knowledge based off of what you've seen and read online. If that's true at best your still just guessing. Stop writing as if it's fact and not conjecture.

18 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Cyan, at least, has called Hime his boss here on the forums -- and fairly recently. He has also stated that his "main" job is Aion, but that he also helps out with other NCsoft games/works.

That much is true, but calling out someone as being passive aggressive because you either don’t like their post content or their style is a bit much. So is referring to it as “BS”. 

I for one would like to get more communication from our Producer especially since he stated that he would be delivering more frequent updates - hasn’t been the case so far. 

NCsoft should hire me, I know how to make this game awesome for everyone. And I barely graduated high school. The fact that they can't understand what I do shows how weak a game company they really are. Like, I don't know, they forgot about making people happy and got greedy.  It's the downfall of all companies, they start out good, end up bad.

Remember back in the day when we had Alterian Atlas, and we got cool rewards for completing things during our level up process? And then we had to craft the mirageant armor? It was rough, but it felt good to get that. They ruined that whole experience. Now it's just, level up, get stones.  Remember when we had to do dailies to get our Kara gear to be good enough to do dungeons? Remember when you could stop fighting and relax and go gather things to craft with to make kinah? They really did take all the depth out of this game. I wouldn't even call it an MMORPG anymore. I would call it a MOBA, It really is, just one area where everyone fights.  that's a massive online battle arena. It's not a MMORPG  I mean,  y'all have wings and you can't even fly with them so....

To be fair, though, that HHoM back in 1.X literally made so many people quit. Dx RNG is just, straight up, a stupid mechanic, especially when that RNG had no "craft 7 of these, get a proc" back then...and now.

I miss Aion as an MMO, too. :( It's just one big mobile game now. It just needs auto-run to locations with some auto-combat, and we'd have a fully mobile game for PC.

To be fair, I would still be playing this game if I didn't have to transform into some thing. I know it's petty, but the main reason I stuck with this game all these years is because I look awesome. Now I don't get to look awesome anymore, so no play. They failed when they stopped making Armor sets and started making us transform into animals. What is the point anymore? Even if I do have awesome looking armor, I still have to transform into some thing. What ever happened to letting people just get gear and be strong, like, a strong sword should be the goal, not some dumb transformation, that's lame.

1 minute ago, Raiuken-KT said:

To be fair, I would still be playing this game if I didn't have to transform into some thing. I know it's petty, but the main reason I stuck with this game all these years is because I look awesome. Now I don't get to look awesome anymore, so no play. They failed when they stopped making Armor sets and started making us transform into animals.

I stopped buying skins because of it. I love Aion's skins and skill animations, and it sucks that I have to shell out so much more just to not look like a stupid whatever that bloodfang thing is when doing things.

Yea, best part of Aion was how you could make your character look awesome.  Why would they ruin that? Must be mental.

Zzzzz,  just let me know when they have transparent scrolls for free. Or at least an option to hide transformations. Until then. I'll be playing on private servers. 

Archived