Things that were deleted unnecessarily

Bellwyn-KT

Hi, I want to talk about something that I honestly do not understand and it makes me feel confused, upset and sad.. Why motions and pets were eliminated? also the permanent mounts. I will never understand those changes.
Motions are just pretty, yes, they do not make you stronger or weaker or blah blah, but it was a good way to get kinah and see your character in a cool way, since we are forbidden to see the character itself because now we are all furrys, it would be nice if the motions came back.
What harm do pets do to the game? none! and it was a good way to have more space for your character and those of automatic loot helps a lot.
Mounts ... why? I do not understand it sincerely, what is the problem with having permanent mounts in the game? not even legion one is permanent and is very expensive, just for a few days, it is completely unfair to new characters, whether entering the game or alters.
I do not know, I think they are unnecessary changes, I imagine it will be for money, but did not earn good money with the motions for example? and the skins I do not think they are one of the strongest business in the game right now, because you can't see them lol. Also in the skins' rotations they put a few randoms ones, instead of add, for example, whole sets that were lost and you can only farm if you are in low level maps, being low level, so RIP if you want one of those skins and you're 80. Is stupid.
What do you guys think?

Sorry if I have errors, English is not my native language. See ya.

Motions weren't really "removed" per se, the Ninja/Hover motions are given out by Cheska/Roye from a box for new/returning players. NCSOFT just didn't bother to add the NPC back because they want to cash in on it.

Pets were replaced by Minions, nothing you can do about that. I have some old pets saved, you can buy some from an NPC in the capitals but that's it.

Same thing with mounts, but I'm guessing since legendary/ultimate xform has so much speed in it, they thought no one would need one anymore, so they replaced those with a 5 days one.

I agree with you on skins, right now they're practically useless since NCWest wants to keep transparent scrolls taboo (like the shards before) and leech money out of players for them.

Thankfully, they just added a list of pets to the BCM if you really want one. Granted, it is pretty limited when you consider the variety of pets we can no longer acquire now that organizations have been removed. @Cyan - any chance we could see those critters added to the pet merchants in the future? (Not sure why I'm even asking)

Frankly, I think it is just plain sad how little they care about player expression these days. We are limited on the mounts we can buy, the pets we can adopt, the furniture we can put in our houses, and most pressingly, the skins we can wear. It has become a luxury to look and feel the way we want to and I don't like it.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, Azzmaria-KT said:

Auto ress stones! 

I finally used my last one yesterday and I was looking for new ones and I wasn´t able to find a NPC selling those. I think they are just gone... :( 

Yeah, I'm getting low too and it makes me nervous lol. I think they're especially valuable to clerics and chanters in case of a group wipe and someone needs to get up and res everyone.

5 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

The green ress stones purchased with AP are gone, but you can still get some of the Orange and Blue ones from broker. 

But I think those can not be obtained anymore. We just have the last remaining ones from old events. Once all are sold and used, no more autoress stones? 

And what happens with the Jellys? We used to craft those, but now those recipes are gone. Not sure if we can still get zerakas in luna (2000 DP) or not. I fortunatelly have many between all my toons. But do we have now an obtainable item to recover DP?

11 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

But I think those can not be obtained anymore. We just have the last remaining ones from old events. Once all are sold and used, no more autoress stones? 

And what happens with the Jellys? We used to craft those, but now those recipes are gone. Not sure if we can still get zerakas in luna (2000 DP) or not. I fortunatelly have many between all my toons. But do we have now an obtainable item to recover DP?

I had crafted me like 30k jellies (I should have made more) but my dp skills are useless, my good one is removed and the remaining two have insanely big cool downs to make a jelly worthy (by they time they cool down, I can refill my dp like ten times without a jelly).

On 2/9/2019 at 6:30 AM, Kubei-DN said:

Motions weren't really "removed" per se, the Ninja/Hover motions are given out by Cheska/Roye from a box for new/returning players. NCSOFT just didn't bother to add the NPC back because they want to cash in on it.

Pets were replaced by Minions, nothing you can do about that. I have some old pets saved, you can buy some from an NPC in the capitals but that's it.

Same thing with mounts, but I'm guessing since legendary/ultimate xform has so much speed in it, they thought no one would need one anymore, so they replaced those with a 5 days one.

I agree with you on skins, right now they're practically useless since NCWest wants to keep transparent scrolls taboo (like the shards before) and leech money out of players for them.

Nothing new honestly. NCSoft has been attempting to sell easily acquirable and cheap in game items for hard cash for years. They've only just gotten smart enough to actually remove the cheap and easy route from within the game itself. They've been trying to scam their customers for years, even going as far as to slightly rename some items to make them appear different. Here are some pictures posted on the old forums a few years back:

ile1ZcQ.jpg

sNF70qp.jpg

0yePKv0.jpg

Definitely agree with everything listed here but I'd like to add that I am insanely disappointed to find out so many furniture and guestbloom features were removed with 6.0

I knew all of the crafting professions were going to be deleted so maybe it's my own fault for not stocking up on some of the crafted furniture, but to my knowledge nothing in the forums or patch notes mentioned how

• Furniture recipes and guestblooms in Luna were removed
  • Guestblooms can no longer be purchased from any in-game vendors
  • Certain furniture items purchased with guestpetals are no longer available
  • Most furniture packs on the BCM were removed
  • Furniture purchased in Sanctum is no longer available (the windows and low partitions) 

There is a new NPC with a tab for crafted furniture but it's not very extensive; there's a ton of things missing- particularly the procced crafts, rugs, and cabinets. You know, the furniture people actually want. I've been disappointed for a long time that NCWest hasn't updated the available furniture that you can preview on aioncodex and the powerbook, but taking away what we did have makes me downright bitter. ¬¬

12 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

I've been disappointed for a long time that NCWest hasn't updated the available furniture that you can preview on aioncodex and the powerbook, but taking away what we did have makes me downright bitter. ¬¬

I share in your frustration. Taking away the construction profession and then offering us no way to acquire those items is inconsiderate. They aren't making a profit off of selling old furniture designs because those items aren't even on the BCM, so why did they remove them? Just another case of sheer carelessness I'm afraid.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:17 PM, Voltric-DN said:

I share in your frustration. Taking away the construction profession and then offering us no way to acquire those items is inconsiderate. They aren't making a profit off of selling old furniture designs because those items aren't even on the BCM, so why did they remove them? Just another case of sheer carelessness I'm afraid.

I did some poking around in Oriel this week and some of the old souvenirs and crafted furniture are for sale via the shugo nomads but since their wares vary from season to season I'm not sure just how many crafted items are still available. (The fact that the same old hearthblooms for things like alchemy paper are still there makes me laugh in a sad kind of way.) And if you kill the seasonal agrints you can get bundles with that series of furniture that has, like, the animal pelt and bed with a weird old man face on it. Slim pickings, and not exactly what I was hoping for. :/

Honestly from what I can tell, Cyan and Hime and co. just flat out weren't aware that this stuff was getting deleted because when my girlfriend asked Cyan specifically the reaction was along the lines of, "Oh, really? Well that's weird."

(u__\)

Seriously, they need to make the crafted furniture available via in-game NPCs and more furniture needs to be added to the cash shop. The Valentine's Day packs are a good start and have a super appealing price tag, but they're also a very specific aesthetic. There's so many other options they could have for sale- Antique Golden, Cloud, Breezy, Eastern, Camping, Club, Harvest Revel, Solorius, Antique, Marble, Rustic, and probably some others I'm forgetting. The customized employment contracts with dancing warehouse npcs and such would also be a great option to have on the BCM. 

Buuuut that's a lot of adding new things to the game, and my main concern and the concern of this thread is still getting the old things back -_-

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Look at Korea even they don't have luna but they have events that regularly giving skins and wings

https://aion.plaync.com/board/image/view?articleId=811369&categoryId=0&viewMode=card&size=20

6.2 is meant to have a lot of events not less event with shitty rewards we having right now in NA >:(

Korea’s Quna is our Luna, with the exception on the fact our Luna got nerfed, has nothing to offer and it’s 2-3x times more expensive than Quna.

Archived