Is Ncsoft killing Aion on purpose?

Fungie-DN

This bug is by far the worst bug we have ever had, no question. Ncsoft has done some stuff in the past to nyerk off players before (tia event) but I feel like this tops off all of it. The GP/AP system is the core of the game. AP needed to upgrade gear, GP to keep ranks, rewards from siege such as IDD scrolls, enchantment stones. Yes even though GP from IB and ID still work it causes players to WASTE luna and keep resetting them over and over because of no other way to earn gp. All because the development team doesn't take this bug as serious as they should and leaves @Cyan to deal with the crying and abuse by players. If it was a MAJOR issue to them we would get updated frequently, we would already have a plan to reimburse players for all the gp/ap/stones/scrolls they lost during this time, the development team would have gotten the build done properly the FIRST time. Players now have to sit and wait around for someone to do their job right, some don't even log, some getting ready to quit this rubbish. Too focused on updating the bcm and giving us horrible events rather than fixing problems and listening to what we actually need and want. You want a dead game? You are getting exactly what you asked for.

Yes. There is no other explanation.

They could've ran the command to end the season and remove GP gain already. I don't think they understand the tools that they have. And even if they don't have such a tool, don't they have someone that understand the basics about database? Like, really. One command line could erase everyone's GP.

I know that it wouldn't solve the problem, but it certainly wouldn't stop progression.

No. Killing Aion would require effort. They just aren't putting any effort at all into Aion, which very well may end up killing it. But if that happens it will be from neglect rather than by design. 

53 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The BCM doesn't even have anything good on it, tho...XD

Just a bunch of shi t that no one buys except luna. I would rather them touch the gold sand traders than the bcm but its ncsoft, cant ask them to do s hit w.o them messing up something

This is a very interesting question. To answer this we need to put aside our passions and look at AION with a focus on business, money. 

You also need to understand that what I'm going to do here is speculation. I do not have the official information, but as I am a witness of what happened in these 11 years of AION I can be right.

Well, considering what Gideon said about the financial health of AION and considering the changes of the game the answer is something of the kind ... Not necessarily, but it is a fact that the game has lost its relevance. I'm gonna explain.

Amazingly, some AION mistakes started there in Korea. No one can deny that the game has gone through a deconstruction with the insertion of unconventional elements.

But, the competition, mismanagement, the infantilization of AION and the arrival of three new classes, unbalanced, led the game to the first signs of falling revenue.

From that, things were getting worse day after day until the shareholders were convinced that NCS needed to invest in other sources.

Well. I want not to write too much and getting right to the point. 

I think the division that takes care of AION is now a subdivision of side games. The money with AION has dropped so much that it no longer has an exclusive team. The game must now be in the hands of trainees  who working too with another games.

9 hours ago, Zilex-EK said:

I am so close to doing chargebacks on everything I spent on Aion and uninstalling. I will never come back to Aion. This game is truly dead and sad with 400 players running around. 

I could never do such a thing. Because, if I did I would then be reminded just how much money I've spent on Aion (ie: years of subscriptions, prestige, wings, wings and more wings, gear, etc., etc., etc.). I'm older now and I fear learning that amount not to mention the wings and gear I've earned over the years thru gameplay, combined with the realism of what my favorite game has become vs. what it once was, would sincerely give me a coronary, lol.

Well, somebody had to lighten the mood! :-), lol

Sadly though, the part of quote: "what my favorite game has become vs. what it once was,"  is true.

This game is already dead, for me anyway. 6.0 was the death toll. 9 years I played Aion and put a lot of money into it, never before have I seen a company self destruct a game the way Ncwest/Soft has done. It started before 6.0 the slow dismantling, but 6.0 wrecked it entirely for me. I don't think I have ever seen a company treat its paying customers this way either, guess I am too old school for this. Props to those still remaining you deserve better treatment than what you are getting now.

What I have learned from this is anything with NcSoft on it is taboo. Will never spend another dime with this company. Including GW2, only a matter of time before they wreck that one too. Funny when I get around playing other games and join guilds, bringing up Nc and the responses I get. They thoroughly have trashed their own name and reputation.

i feel like this needed to be posted here as well.....

HAHAHA I HAVEN'T SUPPORTED ANY OF NC'S GAMES SINCE I STARTED PLAYING AION!!!!......lol for starters aion is the only nyerking half worth a piece o shit game ncsoft even nyerking has in the first place!!!!.........ALSO I HAVEN'T SUPPORTED NCSOFT FOR A LONG TIME!!!!......I REFUSE TO PAY FOR HARDLY ANYTHING IN THIS GAME UNLESS ITS WORTH MY MONEY OR TIME!!!!......EVERYTIME THERE GAME GETS UNPLAYABLE MY PRESTIGE MEMBERSHIP STOPS!!!!.....EVERYTIME THEY RELEASE REDICULOUS SHIT AND BREAK SOMETHING TO GET US TO BUY IT......MY PRESTIGE MEMBERSHIP STOPS!!!!!!......you see.....my time is my money.....im kinda like bill gates.....every second of my life consists of my opportunity to make money!!!.....im always either doing something in my life to make money or doing something to help me make money.....i live my life playing video games for fun and entertainment.....and when i play these video games...IT HAS TO BE WORTH MY TIME TO LOSE THE MONEY TO PLAY THESE VIDEO GAMES!!!!.....IF THE GAME IS BROKEN OR NOT FUN OR NOT WORTH MY TIME I REFUSE TO INVEST MY MONEY INTO IT!!!!!!!........you see there are ways to wit these SHITTY ASS COMPANIES out of the world.....1 way is for the consumer to realize that the company is no longer worth there money...then the company goes bankrupt....the only OTHER way consists of when the consumer DOES NOT DO THERE JOB!!!!.....and when that happens the company is allowed to scamm and fraud their customers until they get sued....once they get sued after 20+ years and a ridiculous court case...ussually the company is handed over to a new CEO with new rules and gets to continue its ridiculous reign of fraud until its sued enough times to go bankrupt!!!......now...if you CONSUMERS WOULD DO YOUR nyerkING JOB AND ONLY PAY FOR GAMES WORTH YOUR TIME AND MONEY.....we would have a great fair fun and rewarding game to play!!!.....ASLO THIS PETITION IS FANTASTIC.....I SALUTE YOU ZILEX FOR CREATING IT!!!! IM WITH YOU!!!!!

Aly reads everything... lol..... on the other hand, i want to know how they plan on making up 8 sieges worth (so far) of rewards, not to mention ALL the ap missed, HM, open world, etc.
Also, are they going to have it fixed before the season ends, because mine, along with alot of other ppls ranks would be alot different, if we had all the gp we were supposed to have.
If not, i doubt i'll be participating in the next gp season. Not only is the bug effecting ranks and gear, but the game overall. People just arent playing because of it, which in turn slowly grinds everything else to a hault. no instances running, no open world, nothing, because ppl just dont want to bother anymore..-.-

Archived