Gameplay suggestions

Neleth-KT

Hi I have gameplay suggestions that I would like to say I believed it will increase players if properly done :)

-Change all loots to individual each player in any group.
Ninja looter isn't fun if ultimate items dropped it will drop for certain players while other got nothing (it should be class drop)

-Change to world boss/siege,Implement siege/world boss meter.
world boss/siege meter can be increase by certain ways first by DPS(3rd fast leveling meter),second by healing tanker who taking damage(2nd fast leveling meter so every healer will heal tank),thrid by enmity(1st fast leveling meter so everyone would taunt boss and try to hold aggro),There's a minimal world boss/siege meter score you will need to reach that score to get loots/ap/gp,This implement to make sure nobody afk.

-Add world boss timer.
If boss didn't die within time limit,Only people who reached meter gets loot/ap/gp and boss disappeared.

-Add group GP/AP/drop rate offers
Add 20% gp/ap/drop rate to everyone in full group and 50% in full ailliance.(This will encourage people for group play)

-Add tutorial to every instance.
Add arrows and big texts to tell players which direction they should move,which circle they should be in,Should they fly or not,add a circle for in and out,Which mobs they need to kill.Tell players everything without needing to see youtube.And ofc this tutors can be toggle on and off too.

I believed NA can get it done if they want.It's nothing change the core system of the game.

About meter rate

It should be

DPS x0.6
Heal x0.9
Enmity x1.2

Wold boss timer should apply to instance bosses as well ;)
Siege/world boss meter should also apply to instance boss too.

Revival someone who dead should give you hp of that character x20 to meter.

As much as I agree on putting rules, this game is semi-sandboxed meaning that it is an mmorg, so it has a pretty pre-determined way of playing, but at the same time it offers a real world freedom in many things so loots and rewards are more free to the players' wisdom or lack thereof.

In WoW for example (a fully mmorg game with no sandboxed world) they have the loot point system, when a loot occurs you earn loot points, to get an item you bid with those points, the one that gets it loses the amount of points he needs to win over the 2nd highest bidder. This way it doesn't even matter what group you go with, if you do anomos 50 times it is guaranteed at some point you will be the highest bidder. This also means if you waste your bidding points for a loot that is not about your class, you just played yourself. Of course in WoW you do not even have those open world bosses which is another liberated gaming experience we have that they don't. Everything is instanced so whoever gets in is accepted to get in.

NCSoft is known for making games with more freedom to players and more power to them, remember Lineage II, a few people who managed to get leader status were the ones that would loot everything and then would trade whatever they wanted to their friends and try to hold everyone else low so they will never become better than them. Now Aion has more restrictions and securities than Lineage II, but it is still pretty liberal to how people treat each other.

This little social system we have in any liberal game proves why democracy has failed in the real world. Whoever is given the chance to cheat the system to get an advantage will do so and this is done with people bringing alts to sieges to leech points from active people, or additional alts for anomos or mini world bosses. They even put alts in exclusive content like Pandora or if you remember Pandaimonium siege.

---

Laslty I should add that people will learn the formula of the points and will simply put their alts to spam those things. Imagine someone bringing his lvl 80 lakrum geared alts near anomos' aoe, constantly dieing and constantly rezzing them! Whatever you do, people will find a way to exploit it.

I'm sorry I don't understand concept of semi sandbox or whatever much o_o

But my point is Aion will be better with these rules than none and let strongers abusers manipulated the system like this.
And if someone is crazy enough to bring their 80 alt and keep ressing ? Wouldn't it be easier just join the fight ? o_o and work with other people ? because once you reached your target score there're no point to get it more than that.Dual clients won't get you 2 loots anyway.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

second by healing tanker who taking damage(2nd fast leveling meter so every healer will heal tank)

So what you're saying is, the healer who is in the group with the tank will get credit on account of group heals, and everyone else can get bent. A+

Well yes still the concept of the system is you keep tank alive and you getting points,I admitted nothing can we can do with AoE heals.
Still I believed it's the most fair system I can think of but if you got better system you can tell me yours and I'll listen.

Listen and.. ..then what?

There's a number of issues with Aion right now that are worth harping about, but I sincerely don't think that it's a fine time for suggesting complicated overhauls for general boss mechanics. The amount of community feedback that gets passed along to where it matters and then actually gets addressed is so tiny, that it is absurd to muddy that tiny stream with wild hypotheticals.

Unless the purpose of the thread is just to speculate for funsies, in which case, please, label the damn things appropriately. It's frustrating when the state of the game is like a house on fire with pretty much the kind of shouting about fire hydrants and water you'd expect, but then someone decides to voice a very important suggestion that the landlord should really replace the carpets because that would do wonders for the dust mite issue.

IMO, everyone should get same rewards if they reach a certain amount of dps (not total dmg). It would prevent people who love the afk way. Do you remember invasions? Same people used to acquire the drops. That wasn't fair because without the other who did lower dps they would never defeat the boss. And we saw he invasion thing dying over time. 

Rakesh is a cleric and one of the best in the game, Neleth. If anyone understands the plight of a heal cleric in our sieging mechanisms, it would be Rakesh.

She is pointing out two things. First that your idea is full of holes and isn't really going to make anything better. Second that if we flood the forums with half-formed ideas that aren't addressing all of the urgent, real issues with the game, we distract the staff who have shown they have a very limited amount of time to give to Aion.

So imagine Cyan looking through the forums on Tuesday after posting the maint message. All the threads asking for changes to transformations and easier access to transparent scrolls and current bugs have been pushed off the front page by me posting threads asking for a flood asking for the color blue to be transformed into the color green. He's going to skim, laugh, close the forums and report to Gideon that Aly is still on her crusade against the color blue and that everything else is fine with the game.

57 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Rakesh is a cleric and one of the best in the game, Neleth. If anyone understands the plight of a heal cleric in our sieging mechanisms, it would be Rakesh.

She is pointing out two things. First that your idea is full of holes and isn't really going to make anything better. Second that if we flood the forums with half-formed ideas that aren't addressing all of the urgent, real issues with the game, we distract the staff who have shown they have a very limited amount of time to give to Aion.

So imagine Cyan looking through the forums on Tuesday after posting the maint message. All the threads asking for changes to transformations and easier access to transparent scrolls and current bugs have been pushed off the front page by me posting threads asking for a flood asking for the color blue to be transformed into the color green. He's going to skim, laugh, close the forums and report to Gideon that Aly is still on her crusade against the color blue and that everything else is fine with the game.

Find it polite enough to reply o_o

I believed what I suggested will make things better than current system,it's true that I don't have any solution better for a cleric but if we based everything on DPS then it would be totally unfair to cleric and tanks.

Really ? How long we asking for transparent scrolls (I was one of them that asking for it too) it's like forever and what they gave us ?  200k per a scroll and will be 250k in 7.0 ?) we asking for it since starting of 6.2 it will be a year anniversary in next month.Why they won't give us cheap transparent ? Because there're actual people who buying them from BCM and I bet the profit is better is better than selling skins or anything else.They won't give us cheap transparent scrolls.What I should do is move away from this game like every my friend did but I can't cause I love Aion.I loved what Aion used to be.I hate ninja looters I hate free loaders I want them gone that's why I posting this thread.(I even had argued with my friend because I keep talking about Aion now she and I don't even talking to each others anymore)

It's almost a year for transparent scrolls,no matter how much we protested no matter how much we posted in forum if there're people who still buying these scrolls from BCM.We won't get it.Unless you can group all whales together and protest NC.(Yes there're a risking chance the server will close).NC won't care.

I understand that you post what you feel would make the game better, @Neleth-KT. I read your posts. I sometimes agree with you. I also have come to see that your threads are like a stream of consciousness novel. Anything that pops into your head is posted. Often that is interesting. And as Rakesh said, if these posts were labeled as speculation or theory crafting just for fun then there wouldn't be an issue. But if they are posted as actual needs, then you are covering up actual urgent needs and I think we can agree that there are many urgent needs.

You dismissed Rakesh for just raging. I am just trying to get you to see her point.

@Aly-DN I just felt something I never feel before.

Why we players need to worship Cyan,Hime,Gideon as our Gods ? They suppose to serve us not we keep begging them for a reply and feel like a holy water has dropped.I just find that is the most bullshit thing ever.We giving them money but they treated us like kids that they think they know what's best for us.We can't think for ourselves ?
My feeling quitting is up by 200% when thinking this way.I never play any official games that I feel I need to worship GMs like this one.If I can't find any MMO that good maybe it's time for battle royal games like PUBG or Apex Legends or any games that GMs are not Gods.

What? Who said anything about treating anyone like a god? There isn't anything in my posts that would lead you to believe that.

What the staff is, though, are the people that can effect change in the game that we are playing. In order to get the changes we need or want, we have to get our information to them. Gideon is our game producer (assistant.. associate.. whichever). When was the last time he posted? (I just searched.. he hasn't since we got these forums. Yikes.) When was the last time he even logged in? So it's pretty safe to assume that he relies on Cyan to report to him what happens here. Cyan's time on these forums has drastically decreased. Though he has posted a couple of times the last week, he had fallen into a pattern of only posting on Tuesdays after putting up the maint message. So we have a limited window to get our urgent needs across. Does that make sense? None of that is saying he or anyone else is a god.

You 100% are not going to find any type of game where the GMs are not the conduit to getting information to the company that runs that game. Doesn't matter if it's an MMO or not. You have to reach one of them in order to be heard. Some companies do a better job of communicating and listening. The type of game doesn't matter.

Sorry I guess I just talking with myself ._.

It angered me when we paid so much to the game yet we're threated like class C players.
I'm going to see 7.0 and decided what to do next but where I'm going if I quitted ? I don't know downloading Apex Legends atm :)

Fast download 10 mins 50% already lol.

And 70% god I'm writing this reply for too long ._.

11 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I'm sorry I don't understand concept of semi sandbox or whatever much o_o

A fully sandboxed game is a free world game with just the players interacting with the terrain, mobs and other players. For example Black Dessert online has no dungeons at all, it only has never ending grinding in an open world and some world bosses and some areas that have something like sieges. To get anything you need to either craft it yourself, or get it as a drop or buy from someone else who crafted it and items also seem to have like "infinite" possibilities for stats etc. That is a trully sandboxed game world.

An single rpg game is like Diablo, you only have one path, a predetermined path to progress in game, sure thing you can spend time killing the whole stage again to get more money and items etc, but progress wise you are predetermined, you simply walk the storyline and unlock cinematics and higher stages.

MMorpg is a massive multiplayer online role playing game, so it kinda has the values of an open world thingy going on, with classes and roles but also has instances and to get the end game content you have a pretty static way of doing it. For example in Aion you can get end game pvp gear one way only via genesis crystals and enchants and pve items via pve instance dungeons.

~~

Back to the subject, I do not like saying the phrase "Aion has so many problems and this is none of the important one so why talk about it" because numerous times I have made suggestions that later on they were implemented, maybe not because of me, but when you give simple feedback, eventually ti is done. So whatever someone has to say in forums for making the game better (according to them) should be expressed.

BUT although I do not like saying this phrase, the anomos loot, and every loot in game, is kinda a game mechanics. The fact that the top dps group/alliance/league can get the drop is almost "working as intended" and is not problematic at all. I do not find it flawed that a specific group with clerics, chanters, dps and tanks can overcome everyone else in DPS and win the loot (same group every time maybe).

Like how can people abuse anomos drop? You really have to be in an alliance with the highest dps, and that includes clerics to keep everyone alive, buffers to keep the buffs high and dps classes. And it is not capped with specific players, it is literally open to EVERYONE so if someone wants to get it, he has to be the best. I almost do not see a flaw here. If a person from that premade OP alliance ninja loots, people from that alliance can easily simply kick that person forever from anything in future. The solution you are asking is way too elaborate and most people don't see what it solves.

~~

Let me show you what a simple solution is to anomos ninja looting could possibly be:
1) Make the item non tradeable the moment you loot it, this way alts cannot roll for it to give it to whoever their friend is.
2) Make the loot possible to a class that has the ability to use that item, so people cannot roll for their friends' behalf unless they are the exact same class.

...there, a few simple solutions that almost solve the majority of Anomos looting lament, without a super complicated mechanics for contribution.

14 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

A fully sandboxed game is a bot haven.

Absolutely correct ...and imagine that Black Dessert Online offers its own LEGAL ingame bot to automatically leave your char in one spot doing automated things! Yes, they are that serious about their game that instead of leaving illegal 3rd party programs take the lead against legit players, they simply made a bot for everyone!

And people play that game!

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Absolutely correct ...and imagine that Black Dessert Online offers its own LEGAL ingame bot to automatically leave your char in one spot doing automated things! Yes, they are that serious about their game that instead of leaving illegal 3rd party programs take the lead against legit players, they simply made a bot for everyone!

And people play that game!

I am getting the feeling you have never played BDO. 

There are games that have successfully legitimized bots. There's at least one MMO that had an excellent crafting system - it was similar to our aether forging, but used a type of bot. Once you had the mats, you could start automated tasks at any time., only limited by the crafts that you knew and the number of your crafting assistants. You could be doing whatever you wanted in the meantime. You could even log out.

Once your crafting was done, you got a notification for each completed task. It really made crafting a lot easier.

On 18/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

I am getting the feeling you have never played BDO. 

Of course I won't, I have read a ton of reviews and game videos about it that made me never have to bother with it. That bot thing is what I saw in videos from players.

Now, where is that ten foot pole again??,  lol.

Seriously, @Neleth-KT, Aly has a point. Maybe you could try re-wording your replies a bit more concisely? I'm just making a suggestion, and you do have some good ideas in your OP. While @Rakesh-DN could have worded things better not all of us have your talent for writing and she did make some good points worth listening to. Again this is just my humble opinion.

Archived