Is my storm strike suppose be nerfed?

Yona-DN

It's true. The skill daage on several skills was cut but 50% (glacial and storm strike).

PVP wise the PVP reduction % was removed  - so meh.

PVE - I don't really understand why.

WTB original game developers.

The patch notes are fairly poor, Aion  powerbook is better.

30 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Sorry to say Cheesy, OP, it seems it was. I had my main on the new map last night and noticed a substantial reduction in DPS output in both PVE and PVP.

PVP was fine for me. PVE requires more of an adjustment, the changes there don't make sense. I'm sure  most people will likely see a reduction.

The problem is ice harpoon does almost half the damage of storm strike now, and is still just a 6 sec CD and 2.5 cast time...storm strike was great dps and also for bursting stuff : / now it doesn't really shine anywhere... : (

As per the Korean devs the change was to make the disparity in damage between PvE/PvP more even. There is no change in PvP damage since all the extra PvP damage ratios have been removed, but now in PvE your damage will be more in line with what you do in PvP. This is true for all classes not just sorc. It is also true for CCs like sleep, fear and silence.

24 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

As per the Korean devs the change was to make the disparity in damage between PvE/PvP more even. There is no change in PvP damage since all the extra PvP damage ratios have been removed, but now in PvE your damage will be more in line with what you do in PvP. This is true for all classes not just sorc. It is also true for CCs like sleep, fear and silence.

Except that all classes are not the same. Which is why for example 7.2  makes some adjustments for sorcs upon CC.

Case in point: SMs and sorcs - both had their CCs and silenced nerfed- however SMs have gotten more bursty and still have stronng skills in PVP whereas sorcs don't have such high burst in relation to other class as they used to, and their defenses haven't scaled well.

Not to mention - PVE changes should not be in PVP, you're comparing 2 very different styles of play. 

18 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Not to mention - PVE changes should not be in PVP, you're comparing 2 very different styles of play. 

Exactly my argument. PVE works with a totally different set of rules and spec's than PVP does and fighting NPC's is way different than fighting another player in control of his/her character. Saying the two are the same is ridiculous and it makes no sense at all to nerf a class, ANY, class for that matter to bring it's damage output in PVE more in line with PVP as they are played totally different from one another. I could give examples here but then it would seem like I wrote a novella instead of a reply. I'm confident y'all know exactly what I'm talking about here.

So my Sorc, even tho she is my main stays parked until she's either better geared or this changes.

It is amazing how they make hybrid classes that can tank and dps or heal and dps better than a sorc in many cases, and then they make true canon classes like painter, while they totally screw sorc. Why don't they delete out class since it will probably make them happy.

Archived