Forums

Aion: Return to Katalam 7.2 Update Feedback

Cyan

• Aion Team

Hello all, 

Please share your feedback with the 7.2 update here. Whether it's something you like, dislike, or like to see changed - post it! We'll be rounding it up and sending it over to the development team. 

Thank you!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the update for the most part.

Allow us to trade non-brokerable enchantment stones and Manastones through account warehouse.

Actually give us the item that allows to make ancient and legendary contracts for the Lugbug quests.

Give us Leibo’s blessing Item to complete one Of the Lugbug weeklies, currently missing from Gold Sand Traders.

Fix evergale, and give compensation to those for missed entries to those who didn’t abuse it.

Give us a permanent +9 and +12 safe spot for stigmas.

Make the Altar fortress siege battle (the one where the guy spawns at altar 10) more rewarding, some etium is just meh.

Fix Lugbug issues for the people who transferred.

Bring back enchantment stone drops and number of items dropped in IDD/PF, or raise the weekly quests to how be completed how many times we can enter the instance per week.

Match number of entries with Prestige as other regions (4 for IDD, the Manor ones). 

Give us guaranteed red drop in the instances that have it guaranteed in other regions (IDD, PF, etc).

Lower amount gems needed to morph a stone to 5 for legendary and 25 for ultimate, and make it 5 ancient stones to morph into a legendary, instead of 10.

Remove the cap on enchantment stones boxes from Genesis Crystal NPCs.

15 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello all, 

Please share your feedback with the 7.2 update here. Whether it's something you like, dislike, or like to see changed - post it! We'll be rounding it up and sending it over to the development team. 

Thank you!

Making <Grade A Minium>  Tradeble in account warehouse would be 1 of the best changes that could be done this patch

Also Crimson Katalam ( Red katalam ) you can only get (180 mins from hourglass) wasn't it like 360 for every right region? I could be wrong idk

Update the transformation contracts in game, bcm, instance boss drops from 64 types to 72 types. Give us more grade A miniums drops or just put them up on BCM. It takes years to get a max level minion, cuz grade A minium is hard to farm and it takes 3.5k to get one minion to max lvl which really takes months of effort. AND since I was born extra cute and as exchange I have extra shitty RNG I failed combining my S rank minion, so please give us more mothafkin grade A miniums, make em easier to obtain, either put them on sale on BCM , or higher drop rate.

2 minutes ago, FTB-DN said:

Update the transformation contracts in game, bcm, instance boss drops from 64 types to 72 types. Give us more grade A miniums drops or just put them up on BCM. It takes years to get a max level minion, cuz grade A minium is hard to farm and it takes 3.5k to get one minion to max lvl which really takes months of effort. AND since I was born extra cute and as exchange I have extra shitty RNG I failed combining my S rank minion, so please give us more mothafkin grade A miniums, make em easier to obtain, either put them on sale on BCM , or higher drop rate.

You can get them from game of fate xD

Oh, and since we only get half the Altar sieges as other regions, we should get twice the Stellium as rewards, or else makes it impossible to build up enough if your legion gets a lot of tickets.

ALLL good thing please implement all immediately....I would like to reiterate for a more immediate concern as it directly effects the game play of those that transferred. Please either survey us the hourglass item or fix lugbug immediately. We are missing out on the entire new/old zone. Also not having lugbug prevents us from getting yet another set of daily and weekly rewards that would improve gameplay for me at least. As @Hellish-DN said the patach is not even that bad it just needs tweaks and some TLC. We actually want to support you guys so please meet us in the middle. The EC compensation is well over due as it has been dangled in front of us for quite awhile now. IMHO just open EC back up with the bug let people run it if you get kick allow just re-que at this point does it even matter. majority of people are almost fully geared and trying to finish or working on a second even third set. Give it back and get people off your back...just my humble opinion

1) Need to have way to get stigma lvl +15.

- In Korea, they had stigma event from time to time that it increases the success rate to 30% every lvl from +9 to +15.

- Also it had safe spot at +9 and +12.

- I believe each stigma enchantment stone cost around $1 when Korea put on their shop for promotion.

- It is forcing pay to win and I know NC West want to minimize p2w by setting price so much expensive that no one even want to try, unless players are so rich (Korea's luna ress and selective retuning price = around 4 quna which is nearly $0.50 USD, I believe). I liked idea but it failed because it doesnt do anything but having more gap between f2p and p2w players.

- For stigma part, Advanced Stigma that just came out from this patch, player needs those sadly and badly because Korea designed game thinking majority players going to have it.

- Skill balance that we will get on next patch are mostly about Advanced Stigma. (Imagine you guys update game but no one in game even have +15 stigma yet)

2) Need to have way to get more Minium.

- Players need A rank minium alot so that they can make A rank minion lvl 4 to try combine to get S rank minion.

3) Change transformation stat back to original one.

- Just stop changing things for nothing, there is reason if original game developer made like that. If you want to change core part of game, it is better to share your opinion to Korea so that they develop game in that way at first, rather than you guys customize things just for NA server

4) Fix EC or at least compensate what players missed until now, and keep working on "finalizing" thats been here for months.

5) Need to have more Daevanion Selection Skill box.

- Same as stigma part. Also it must be the selection one, not the random one. It is not 6.0 or 6.5 patch anymore.

- and Daevanion Essense as well.

6) Put more skins on BCM.

- There are many good skins in game source file but why do not put anything? (Company can get extra money from players)

7) Swap the reward between Arena of Discipline and seasonal GP ranking.

- Right now, AoD rank gives Luna and GP rank gives PVP enchantment stone. I think it is better to be opposite way.

- Korea server gives Quna for both seasonal reward, but I wouldn't recommend because having Quna reward for AoD also brought many abusing issue (duel client and queue until they pop same time and win)

I like the fact that chance to get minion S got buffed here and luna buff inside instance became cheaper.

I would like to see more changes so that both company and players are happy about it.

It hasn't been long but I do have some positive and negative feedback:

The bad:

1- The lack of the safe spot for stigma enchanting. We need a permanent +9 and + 12 safe spot.

2- Poor access to daevanion skillbooks and the inability to select the skiilbooks when we craft or open a box.

3- Weekly/daily quests completion should be more realistic.

4- Not too keen on having 3 sieges at once with our population.

5- Still waiting on EC and EC compensation (for that matter- still waiting on decent rank compensation in the Gold Sand shop- never got that either - just useless iingots)

6-  Why oh why do we seem to get new things but never an increased quest limit or inventory space?

The good

1- Was way overdue to  bring vandals back  down closer to other classes.

2- Nice to have new quests

3--  Looking forwards to the new maps and instances

We need more ways to obtain Minium Rank A and Rank S

Possible fixes? 

-Add morphing recipes to upgrade lower rank miniums to higher ranks.

-Make minium account tradable so we can at least farm it with our alts too.

-Make the new instance "Minium Vault" resetable with Luna.

2 entry per week to get 300 minium is nothing when we need 14.000 Rank A minium to just attempt a combination for Rank S with a decent rate, but even that can fail and we can lose 1 year of work in 1 second lol.

i would like to say it would be nice to change of how many skillbooks we getting so far its just not enough to rely on the shugos which drop so low and then the once a week to craft not enough if its gonna fail so for me it would if you guys could add more skillbook drops to us for enchanting  

good things are the new map and quests and skins  ,be great to finish the purrfect  kitter set you guys put in the gold sand traders be nice to buy the whole set to match  the hat ;D 

TL:DR: Overall 7.2 still lacks features we use to have but did a few QoL changes that will make many happy.

This is going to come off start very harsh and ease in to decent changes then go in to a bit of whining.

NCwest/soft gave us the carrot on a stick implementation of functions we use to have. You make people happy by giving us the ability to put kinah back in the w/h and for some this is all 6.0 was missing. Then you do not give us the ability to put enchant stones or say minium and other products like that in the w/h. To me giving us back only half the features we had since the game released back is not a good feeling it is irritating. While i do not think you could ever put minium in the w/h adding that in as a feature would of been a 7.2 unique update that we never previously had back during 5.X. Altho i could be wrong and you may of been able to put minium in your w/h back then as well. Right now players who played during 5.X still had 10s of 1000s of minium A rank(i know 3 players with over 40k A-rank minium). New players/returning players got shafted by the implementation of content and by patch conversions that happened years ago.

This being said 7.2 has plenty of decent QoL changes as well. Like the luna game change. I spent some of my luna on it and i would say i would spend more luna on it if i bought the luna or got it free. Then you got the cheaper genesis crystal option, While this not only helps the fragment bottleneck it also does wonders for the kinah situation as well. Adding in the fact that the daily faction kill is now 50 genesis crystals ea you can make sustainable kinah via playing the game now which i feel previously you could not. If i am not mistaken one of the new quests also gave a free dark talon item? That is a nice mechanic.

Then you got flawless socketing stones even at $10 ea i would value them as a reasonably priced cash shop item since it is an item you pay for and you get 100% value out of it. However it is the functions that we use to have that we still do not currently have that make me not spend on Aion. I feel that these functions that i miss about Aion of old will never be re-introduced so my feedback as a non spending player is less valuable to NCsoft/west than someone who is willing spend on the game if they never plan to re-introduce the rest of the old functions we use to have.

My suggestions for PVE:

- Revert the changes about the enchant stones.. we dont have sources for PVE enchant stones at all, or at least make the quest which gives legendary enchant stones repetable by like 4 or 5 times or even infinity (only 3 times repeteable and only the first one gives u legendary enchantment stone). Or, another suggestion, if u win the time attak on PVE instances, give 1 legendary enchant for each member, its a nice prize and prevent people to solo it whatever
- Rise the amount of exp droped by monsters.. u guys nerfed it A LOT, i can solo PF 2 times and dont even get a full bar of EXP. NO EXP = no bobonerk = no enchantment stones
- Give us more resources of Minium rank A and S, or at least make them account tradeable!
- More resources of cubics! U guys nerfed the lakrum quests for example, that way is morre harder to get cubics.. rollback for the old way! 

Maybe a bug now => The attk attribute of the weapons was increased, but it doesnt reflected on the stats.. i have the same stats than before 7.2. Is that right?

-Please put all skins from EU gold sand shop in NA gold sand shop.
-All skins in BCM I don't understand why this does not happened yet :/
-If this possible please add luna crafting skins back and move essential stuff like kinah box,manastones,stone etc to special craft.
-Bring back old skins that got deleted in 6.0 as event skins such as daevanion skins,mentor,forturneers or any instance skins that got deleted regularly.
-Reopen the shops that got closed during 6.0 that were selling dyes,clothing.
-Add dye petals to gathering in new maps.
-Make all white items tradable and brokerable and can remodel unlimited time.
-Selectable daevanion skill box permanent in gold sand shop and tradable.
-Luna craft for legendary transformation.
-Lower price of transparent scroll in gold sand shop.
-Add new guestblooms to housing providing items such as new manastones,stigma enchantment stones,transparent scrolls,transformation contracts,luna.abyss points,selectable daevanion skill books.
-Bring back old instances as event instances.

I hope you will implement all of this :/ @Cyan

-Reopen crafting zones and NPCs selling basic crafting materials so people could leveling craft faster and cheaper.
-Add old housing furniture and old housing weapons to Aetherforge.
-Add craftable transparent ancient and legendary potions for people to use as an alternative to transformation contact.
-Add guest petals shop where we can buy housing furniture including stigma enchantment stones,enchantment stones,manastones,transparent scrolls and random daevanion skill books.
-Add fountain village quests to spawn NPCs that selling enchantment stones,manastones,transparent scrolls and random daevanion skill books with guest petals.

-Upgrade stats of crafting gears to matching instance gears or slightly superior.
-Add old instance skins to Aetherforging.
-Category Aetherforge into Weapons/Armors/Housing/Skins/Misc instead all in one category.
-Add a new item craft mannequin and use character creation to make one and can decorate in your house with any skins just like you put on your character.

-Expand furniture limit +10 to studio/house/mansion/estate/palace
-Remove cd from guest blooms to 0.1 second.
-Change all charging skills to cast speed.
-Option to speed up luna instances to 3x so people don't waste time all day in luna and saveable setting.

Thank you :) 

@Cyan If there is one piece of feedback that everyone would appreciate. That is a response from NCsoft Aion developers(not NCwest) to the NA region about the feedback we are currently giving them.

Right now i am sure plenty of people are not giving feedback simply because they genuinely believe that NCsoft do not care about our region and that giving feedback that will probably be ignored is not something many want to venture in to.

This will help you all immensely...Take away the time restriction in Red Katalam. It makes sense in KR to force a rotation of it's population through the realm and give everyone a chance to play but You would be hard pressed t o really maintain the 1000 player cap with our current population soooooooo just let us run free in the zone and ACTUALLY have something to do.

Archived