Enchanting

tinyman-KT

I am writing out of total frustration about this so called RNG system,  Ive had my share of   enchanting things that took some time like for instance; 270 ancient  pvp stones to go from level 10 to level 15 on a ancient weapon. I wrote NC an got the same old response, The RNG is working fine..Now here is the worst of all. I had used  over   25 legendary pvp stones to get to level 13 on a legendary dark talon helm, being it  took so many  legendary stones I figured I would use   some ultimate pvp stones that I morphed, I tried  the first one an it failed  then the 2nd failed,   on  the level 13 legendary helm.   I  morphed 3 more  ultimate  an  the first failed an then the 2nd one  proc'd an the 3rd failed... I have used  50 legendary pvp stones  in total (25) on  legendary gear to level 13 an use 5 ultimate pvp stones(25 LEGENDARY STONES) to get to level 14 only, So I write NC an once again they tell me   that the RNG system is working fine,  I find it very hard to believe ,    Its unreal this enchanting system that NC refuses to look at when a player like my self or any others who may have a similar situation to use that many  stones an have  it fail so much.  There is no way  any system should be doing that to any player. Its wrong an it needs to be looked at  not discarded an say the old typical response of  "The RNG Is Working Fine"  It is not working fine.

I have wrote it many times and I will keep writing it. The RNG is short for "random number generator". In university in the programming courses where we made those, we learned one thing: RNG on a pc is only when there is human input, anything else is an algorithm. Now there are good and bad RNG algorithms and apparently Aion has an algorithm that makes sure you fail way more than normal. It seems like it is filling fail quotas that need to be filled before successes happen. when you first enchant an item to +10... it then might succeed and go to +11, the moment it fails (lets say from +11 to +12) you can then fail literally 20 stones in a row. THAT is not the true randomness we think, it is either an RNG algorithm that works as intended and makes sure your success  rate is pretty low, or it is a badly implemented algorithm that somehow breaks the chances accidentally (Aion is known for breaking things accidentally and GMs can't find a fix, as if Aion is not code, and it has its own entity and can act independently)

In a legendary +10 item you have 50% chance (or close) to succeed with a legendary stone, you can fail 20 enchants in a row... but you will never succeed in 5 in a row. The enchant rates that we were given in that table is nothing but a placebo, because there is no such ting as pure randomness, the algorithm is either bad or badly implemented.

~~

Conspiracy theories and superstitions. Many people will enchant in non populated areas, others will jump 5 times before hitting enchant and the majority of people "know" all these do not work.

In 5.8, most people couldn't even enchant their items to +15, they would fail and go back to +10 while many people managed to get their weapon to +25 or +30 or something. So eventually a "trick" was found, you had to hit enchant and cancel it, hit enchant again and cancel it again, you had to do this "many" times, after some time you hit enchant and let it go through... and the enchant rate was far bigger than normal. I never believed in superstitions but RNG in Aion is not just luck, it is an algorithm, so althought I belonged to those with a +12 weapon, I managed to make both my pvp and my pve into +27 (one went up to +29 but non went to +30).

Apparently when you hit enchant and you cancel it, that triggers the algorithm to take one enchant attempt that "failed" or didnt' go through, so your next enchant has more chances, if you do the same it takes another enchant attempt that "failed/never went through" but the algorithm doesn't care if you canceled it or if it simply failed. It is a guess but it sees the enchant attempts when you hit "enchant" and sees the outcome, if it is not +1/+2/+3 it means it "failed" so it kinda raises the enchant rate for the next trial, this is not in any information on enchanting in any patch notes, but people found out about this.

Think of the minion combining, when you fail your next trial has more chances to succeed and it is in the patch notes. Who tells us that the faux-RNG aion algorithm doesn't have something similar?

~~

All this was in 5.8, now in 6.+ the algorithm doesn't like it when you try too many enchants in a short amount of time even if you fail constantly. Once you take your weapon to +10 you wait 1 day to try again, you take it "slowly" to +12 and then use ultimate enchants.

well  when I spoke of using first 25 legendary stones is when my legendary helm was at level 10 an I got to level 13 only after using  25 legendary stones,,,  I appreciate the input you have given but yet  you have  a flaw in your end solution,  when I used the first 25 legendary stones an went  from level 10 to level 13,  I took a break for like  3 days an came  back to it. The main reason for the break is because  of the frustration of using 25  legendary  and only going from  level 10 to  level13,  So after a few days I came back thinking that some time away from enchanting might help better it, Well it didn't' as I stated I used  5 ultimate  pvp stones that we're morphed only to  go from level 13   to 14  after using 5 ultimate pvp stones  , which equates to 25 legendary stones being used to morph it into 5 ultimate stones, yet im  at level 14,, maybe if I leave  for a year I might be able to make it  to  level 15,,,,

when you fail the enchantment, the positive rate comes next. probably it comes to another person, so if you fail, another person will get easy enchantment that time and they don't write "i am happy with enchantment, my piece went to +15 with only 3 red stones.

To enchant a piece from +10 to +15 you need 5 successes in a row of 48% each, that means around of 3% average chance to get the +15 ancient piece.

RNG is calculated differently for everyone in game. Some people have much higher chances at combining stuff while others better at enchanting and some great and bad at both. Crafting as well. I for one fall in the bad combine category which is why it took me forever to get Legendary Xforms from Ancient combines and had to use 2 tokens to get my first S-Rank minion while combining 4 A-Rank pets. I know some that got 2 S-Rank twice in a row combining just 2 A-Rank minions, I know somethat failed 6 times in a row using 2 A-Rank combines 6 times.

When I first got my T2 Ultimate Dark Talon Wings, I somehow lucked up and got it to +15 without a single fail using only 4 Ancient Stones, 5 Legendary Stones, and 2 Ultimate. I had a ton of double procs. I tend to get good odds enchanting gear in general but the other day while making a second set of T2 PVP Dark Talon Accessories (I have over 30K fighting spirit framents, and over 2.5k Ancient enchantment stones) I decided to test something when I was having a bad enchant rate on an Ancient Ring and Necklace that would not go to +11 from +10, and I'm talking 10 and 15 fails in a row constantly on an ancient piece and when I would get it to +13 a legendary enchantment stone would break and bring it down to +10 again. All of my other recently purchased ancient accessories were +15 without much issue but these 2 pieces were annoying the hell out of me. So I said screw it and disenchanted them and bought another ring and necklace with genesis crystals... Same thing with a plethora of fails in a row at +10. DE'd them and got another one, and another one because I wanted to see if it was really the enchantment rate, the item, or me... I used over 250 Ancient PVP Enchantment stones on mostly 1 of the 2 Ancient pieces (the ring). I feel like there are going to be items that will be a bane to your existence which makes me think it's a combination of the player and the item when it comes to RNG. 

If enchantment rates are indeed what they were changed to in 6.5 then for an ancient piece going from +10 - +15 you are suppose to be getting a 48% success rate per attempt with a 10% chance of it getting the +2 Crit.  There is no way one should fail 15-20 stones in a row multiple times on an ancient piece using ancient stones.  This happened about 2-3 times. But then I started thinking about how when you roll for items that most of the times my rolls are ALWAYS around the same number. If I rolled a 33 I'd get a 36 or 31 or 37 for my next 2 or 3 rolls. So I realized that for +10 enchants I was just letting it do the auto enchant and started thinking that what if the results were internally were similar that I was in a failure zone below the 48% success rate and it's just hovering around in that zone over and over. I stopped and started doing the manual enchants 1 by 1 and my success and fail rates were drastically different. I'd enchant to +11, stop, move a forward a bit then single enchant again, and again.  Far more success than fails that it took maybe 7 or 9 stones to get to +13. Same thing with the necklace, even for the legendary pieces.

That could be why my 0 fail success rate and the multiple crits when I was doing my first T2 Ultimate PVP Wings was the way it was, I did the auto enchant feature and was just lucky to hover around the success zone and around the crit chance area. 

TLDR; Don't use auto-enchant feature at +10 , do them individually and space it out and move about. Going from 1-10 using auto enchant may be fine if you get in a good success rate rhythm and can be even more beneficial, but if you start getting tons of failures in a row like going from +3 down to 0 and you have multiple failures going just to +1 or 2, you should stop and wait a bit and do single combine because you're probably not in that success rate zone of the RNG at that point, you need to reset.

There is definitely a difference between enchanting now than it was in 6.7. This feels much more like 6.2 tbh.

I don't believe we have a fail-stack system in our enchanting. A fail-stack system basically means that on your character, the more times you fail in a row, the higher chance your next enchant will succeed. BDO has fail-stacks and there players purposely fail on a crap piece of gear before attempting to enchant the piece they actually want to enchant. It's a feature of the game. If Aion has fail-stacks, it's never been stated.

As @Arhangelos-KT stated, what we have is an algorithm that is supposed to mimic randomness, but is based on some seed value. I don't know what that seed value is.

But what I can say is that it doesn't feel random. It certainly feels like some characters (even characters on the same account) seem "luckier" than others. Players have believed that the time of day can effect a character's luck. Players have also believed that where you are on the server effects the character's luck. Other theories include what your character is wearing and what they are doing and what your last /roll values are and their names or their creation dates, etc. For all we know, these things could all be part of the seed value.

I have also wondered about the RNG of drops, especially over the last few patches where the drop rates in instances have been so low. How is is possible that a character gets all their new gear in a week and another character is a year into a patch and still only has a piece or two. That shouldn't be possible, but it happens.

Well as the self proclaimed "Player with Best enchanting RNG of 2019" (enchanted ultimate pvp gear from +0 to +15 without a single fail)

In my opinion 7.2 rates are worst or at least in my case they are.

for example i used to go +6 on ulti gear with only ancients stones no problem, now after 7.2 when enchanting my 2nd pvp set i just stop at +4 and switch to legendary.

Something that i have notice. if you enchant next day with fresh login, you get better RNG. Sometimes I have many hours logged in and when I try to enchant it fails, I have tried many times to enchant a legendary item 12+ with Ultimate stones, and it fails many in a row.

I think NCSoft is using some kind of code to force players to log out. Like China games. They dont want zombie players.

The problem is that they dont tell us, or we dont know it.

19 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Well as the self proclaimed "Player with Best enchanting RNG of 2019" (enchanted ultimate pvp gear from +0 to +15 without a single fail)

In my opinion 7.2 rates are worst or at least in my case they are.

for example i used to go +6 on ulti gear with only ancients stones no problem, now after 7.2 when enchanting my 2nd pvp set i just stop at +4 and switch to legendary.

I go up to +2 with ancients, it never gets past that so no need to waste my enchant lol.

at +13 to +15, is hard to make it up even +14. Feeling sick if at first effort fail then fail again.

I have a trick. With Genesys Crystal, I buy a ring (for example : the cheap one is a ring), then preparing 2 ultimate enchantment stones.

With ancient stone, I enchant that ring till +4 or +5 (usually success in a row). After success upgrading (for example +4), Klick OK back to normal start enchantment and keep the ring at that place., Then I click my +13 (or my +14), select stone enchant with Ultimate one. For me, this way giving much success.

I have an ult item 5+, so i spent 10 legendary stones on it. and the item ended 5+..

I also have an ult 9+ item. I have spent 5 ult stones, and it still 9+. the enchant rate table says ult stone on ult 9+ item is 72%, so where is my 72%? 5 ult stones.. really? what kind of math are you using?

There is not way that u can level up this way.

Archived