Why are Cygnia and Enshar removed in 7.5?

I understand that NCSoft seems to prefer removing zones for some reason, but does anyone know what the reason in the story that they are gone? I know the Abyss and the other 10 zones were lost because of Ereshkigal in 6.0 but do they even give a reason why Elyos and Asmodians can not go to Cygnia and Enshar anymore?

Isn't there a really straightforward answer to this? The game has a declining player base, so distributing players over a lot of regions means each player interacts with fewer and fewer others. So the game operators need to remove regions so player density is high enough that it remains an MMORPG.

1 hour ago, Glinda-EK said:

Isn't there a really straightforward answer to this? The game has a declining player base, so distributing players over a lot of regions means each player interacts with fewer and fewer others. So the game operators need to remove regions so player density is high enough that it remains an MMORPG.

Game density is what made a lot of people quit as well though. There are plenty of people that find it monotonous doing the same instances and walking the same map over and over again every single day.

I even enjoyed going to Gelkmaros doing essence-tapping for pandora for alts, just for a change.

OK, I'll address that topic: NCSOFT has a fixed labor cost to run the game due to gold sellers, bots, and stuff. Once the player based declined below a certain point that labor cost was too high for the revenue. To cut the labor cost, they shut off the economy by making most stuff untradable, which I assume made the gold sellers, bots, etc. less of a problem. This created a viscous circle by making the game less attractive to players. So, in North America, we get software upgrades paid for from other regions, but little support or GMs.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, Glinda-EK said:

Except they're expanding the endgame areas (where 99.9% of player interaction happens) from 3 areas to 6 areas next patch, including having separate primary areas discouraging pvp.  Really a bad idea.  Enshar and Cygnia are terrible, terrible maps and I won't miss them, but Gelk/Ingg are just as bad.

On 16/5/2020 at 9:07 PM, Glinda-EK said:

OK, I'll address that topic: NCSOFT has a fixed labor cost to run the game due to gold sellers, bots, and stuff. Once the player based declined below a certain point that labor cost was too high for the revenue. To cut the labor cost, they shut off the economy by making most stuff untradable, which I assume made the gold sellers, bots, etc. less of a problem. This created a viscous circle by making the game less attractive to players. So, in North America, we get software upgrades paid for from other regions, but little support or GMs.

As a matter of fact kinah sellers have never been more rampant. The game is not designed to login and after 2 hours of playing to be able to have a good amount of items, materials and what not. The fact that many items were untradeable made the players be able to get less of a profit from many things along with the high broker fees.

Bots are still No1 suppliers of crafting materials because there is no better way to farm those magic crystals than grinding 10 hours straight.

I am more than sure NCWest started getting more revenue by people willing to spend money to do the p2w stuff (like BCM op items, or the daishunerk game of fate that you spend luna etc), but the kinah sellers are still there doing their thing.

NC writing new storyline (pre-rendered CG movies) to justify the removal of Cygnea / Enshar, which are terrible zones with things spread out with extreme low density and a horrible total linear layout and pretty much totally flat elevations not conducive to gliding.

Looking forward to see these maps go byebye.

Maybe NCSoft could look toward bringing back Altgard/Veteron and Morheim/Ethnen back, so the low level progress will back to the 3-map format which was the case from 6.0 up to 7.2.

16 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Maybe NCSoft could look toward bringing back Altgard/Veteron and Morheim/Ethnen back, so the low level progress will back to the 3-map format which was the case from 6.0 up to 7.2.

If leveling is done in 4 hours, then how abuot they bring Altgard/Veteron and Morheim/Ethnen and Brusthonin/(don't remember the elyos) and make those end game as well?

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Theobomos, one of the zones I despised in this game.

Sorry if you are Elyos, we Asmodians loved Brusthonin, we had a swamp that indeed made you feel like you were going slowly but it wasn't like a debuff.

The west part of Brusthonin was just pure paradise perfection.

Archived