Outrageous

fearemall-DN

Does anyone realize how much money NCSoft is charging people for an ultimate xform? Or is everyone too blind from loving the game that they fail to realize it? The amount of money that NCSoft wants to people to spend on their game is OUTRAGEOUS in comparison to all other MMOS out there. And its not just on a one time basis nonono — its for every other event pretty much. Over $500 for one ultimate xform? Ask youself: is an ulti xform really worth over $500? If you’re answer is yes, then I feel sorry for you.

I just bought a new 50 inch wall tv for my bedroom lol and its way cheaper than an ulti xform in a game that isn’t even popular anymore in the US. Even if I had billions of dollars, I can think of thousands of ways to spend it to get better value than an ultimate xform.

”You can’t tell me how to spend my money”.....ya, but I can tell you that you’re a fool if you spend tons of dollars on something that isn’t worth it. Thanks to this, now there’s going to be two types of players in Aion:

1) the p2w players who have ulti xform

2) the f2p players who have nothing.

And guess what- both groups lose! the f2p players get destroyed in game and the P2P players get their wallets destroyed. 

It really is sad to see how people think its ok to spend a large sum of money on an old game and think its worth it. 

What about putting in an event in the game that allows people to get an ultimate xform for free if they grind something for a decent amount of time? Nah, lets let them just pay hundreds for it.

No other game that I’m aware of rips their customer base off this much. And if they do, you probably see why they aren’t successful in maintaining a game.

Nah, I think i’ll buy the ps5 or xbox series X instead of a ulti xform. Thanks NCSoft for the very generous offer(lol), but you ain’t getting my money

Those that payed for it will be the only ones playing the game in near future lol...NC is helping more p2w players than f2p players.

2 years passed since 6.0 and trandformation system and we had 4 events only with Legendary contracts. And now p2w can buy 10+ leg contracts if they want LMAO

I get that they need to make money but this is an overkill

1 hour ago, Danasa-DN said:

Those that payed for it will be the only ones playing the game in near future lol...NC is helping more p2w players than f2p players.

2 years passed since 6.0 and trandformation system and we had 4 events only with Legendary contracts. And now p2w can buy 10+ leg contracts if they want LMAO

I get that they need to make money but this is an overkill

It is only overkill because it did not come with a play-able feature to supplement the rest of the community. It is a primitive system that is designed to keep the wallets flowing but is very 2015 style. BDO has proven if you keep the play-able features flowing but make the game insanely p2w like 100k+ a year p2w style then yes players will stick with your game and even spend on your game because you can catch up to the paying players. 

Aion with-its 2015 style of heavy p2w and by the grace of NCsoft/west we can be given freebies through events just does not work in 2020. Till players and developers understand this NCsoft is going to continue to fall off in the PC market. I say players as well because players are the ones fueling the give me free stuff from event feedback which just leaves you dissatisfied. 

Edit: BDO is charging like $3000+ for a single BiS item. So it is not actually that expensive compared to BDO @fearemall-DN. Again it is all due to no play-able features that it is an issue since they are directly selling power with no in-game attainability so it feels worse than other games p2w.

There are people who spend more and didn't even have kaisinel, I wish I didn't combine my legendaries in the past so I could combine them now and catch one more ulti lolz.

If 500$ is one ultimate the vast majority of players who spend a few bucks per week will simply be happy as ultimate transform takes you from a normal player to another tier of player.

Depending on where you live 500$ might be a monthly salary or just 2~3 days worth of work. If people can pay 11$ for a starbucks coffee that tastes like dead rats, then I guess they can pay 500$ one time to get a better gameplay overall.

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

~$790 for one if you get the 10 5200 ones + the 2400 one + the big money one. For this event, anyway. And get all duplicates.

Most of the people that will throw this amount of money already have all old 10 types.  They just need to keep something like this permanently not a limited times again.

@fearemall-DNPersonally I would rather have the TV or the other items I can spend money on - given the things like prestige or BCM payments that will be necessary in future - than  spend this much on a game that will close down and leave me  but memories - and Aion will close down, all games do eventually.  In addition, if the future of Aion is in the mobile version - well i have no interest in the mobile version.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Most of the people that will throw this amount of money already have all old 10 types.  They just need to keep something like this permanently not a limited times again.

Yeah...

Just...$790. @_@ I want to buy a new computer that's ~$1200, and a bloody ultimate transform costs a good portion of the payment for the computer. And the computer is more likely to last significantly longer than this game. :(

@Cheesecake-DNAgreed. Good to have you in one of my posts btw mate.

@Rapier-DNik, Aion used to be a great game and now its pretty much reducing itself to dust.

Let the feeders feed this game with the last of their savings. Its their fault NCSoft keeps putting in P2W events because the players foolishly accept it and keep paying and paying and paying. 

Ever wonder why you never see a discount on Black Cloud Coin and only items in the BCM btw??

If this isn’t obvious idk what is.

6 hours ago, fearemall-DN said:

Does anyone realize how much money NCSoft is charging people for an ultimate xform? Or is everyone too blind from loving the game that they fail to realize it? The amount of money that NCSoft wants to people to spend on their game is OUTRAGEOUS in comparison to all other MMOS out there. And its not just on a one time basis nonono — its for every other event pretty much. Over $500 for one ultimate xform? Ask youself: is an ulti xform really worth over $500? If you’re answer is yes, then I feel sorry for you.

I just bought a new 50 inch wall tv for my bedroom lol and its way cheaper than an ulti xform in a game that isn’t even popular anymore in the US. Even if I had billions of dollars, I can think of thousands of ways to spend it to get better value than an ultimate xform.

”You can’t tell me how to spend my money”.....ya, but I can tell you that you’re a fool if you spend tons of dollars on something that isn’t worth it. Thanks to this, now there’s going to be two types of players in Aion:

1) the p2w players who have ulti xform

2) the f2p players who have nothing.

And guess what- both groups lose! the f2p players get destroyed in game and the P2P players get their wallets destroyed. 

It really is sad to see how people think its ok to spend a large sum of money on an old game and think its worth it. 

What about putting in an event in the game that allows people to get an ultimate xform for free if they grind something for a decent amount of time? Nah, lets let them just pay hundreds for it.

No other game that I’m aware of rips their customer base off this much. And if they do, you probably see why they aren’t successful in maintaining a game.

Nah, I think i’ll buy the ps5 or xbox series X instead of a ulti xform. Thanks NCSoft for the very generous offer(lol), but you ain’t getting my money

Lol people spent over 2k usd in 6.2 to get a legendary contract just from combining lots and lots of ancient contracts. In 2020 people have spent that kind of money and haven’t gotten ultimates even with this event they still haven’t.

Now with the event update and people can get it with certainty for 500 you still complain? You got it easy.

There is even a thread about ‘ Don’t spend over $1500 USD for nothing’.

Let's talk about values sake here cause some of you lack logic.

Wow has the biggest player base and charges $15 per month and you can argue store mounts that does not give advantage.

You can argue that time > money but it does not change this game. RNG will always get you and money.

Now you have a player base with 3-5k at most trying to sell a xform which is a necessity for $500 when as before it was RNG. The whole game is made in a way to promote money grabs with rng.

Where do you guys see this as a good investment?

48 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

I forgot final fantasy existed for a minute when l wrote this but you get the post. l'm pretty sure that FF probably is higher.

I don't play either so l don't really care.

I would put BDO in the top 5 most played MMORPG's currently and it has the worst p2w we have seen in the genre. The horrible payment options does not make people quit/not play the game it is the lack of playment options that make players not play.

18 hours ago, fearemall-DN said:

@Amiteah-KTOh rly, just $500? Thats it? Just $500?

“Wow look, from 2k down to $500.” 

You are a perfect example of how sucker the Aion player base truly is.

I think @Cheesecake-DN Said it's actually 780 dollars. She can correct me if I misquoted. I think it's funny though. There were some people complaining about the rng for getting an ultimate, saying the system is bad, Ncsoft needs to change this, it would be great for everyone and if you go to the Transformation thread those same people are in there going "Thank you!!!", "This is a good deal!", "I won't quit now". Lol. People... Never fail to amaze you..

Thats like going to a car dealership and buying a 2004 used mazda when the sales rep says “hey, we’ve lowered the price of this vehicle from 150k to 100k.” 

The price is still outrageous, but nonetheless you say “wow” and buy the car. Thats how oblivious people are in this game.

48 minutes ago, Treos-DN said:

I think @Cheesecake-DN Said it's actually 780 dollars. She can correct me if I misquoted. I think it's funny though. There were some people complaining about the rng for getting an ultimate, saying the system is bad, Ncsoft needs to change this, it would be great for everyone and if you go to the Transformation thread those same people are in there going "Thank you!!!", "This is a good deal!", "I won't quit now". Lol. People... Never fail to amaze you..

~$790, assuming you get/need all 12 duplicates and don't have any other previously existing duplicates to combine with. :(

So it could be ~$500 if you already have 4 existing duplicates waiting. Assuming you didn't already try to combine them before the event started and the like.

It's not perfect math, but y'all get the gist of it.

30 minutes ago, fearemall-DN said:

Thats like going to a car dealership and buying a 2004 used mazda when the sales rep says “hey, we’ve lowered the price of this vehicle from 150k to 100k.” 

The price is still outrageous, but nonetheless you say “wow” and buy the car. Thats how oblivious people are in this game.

Hahahaha, I get where you're coming from; it's just even funnier for me because I just exchanged my mazda for a new mazda because the dealership offered me a $1k+ discount + refunded first payment if I'd bring my original car in and end the lease early because they needed more used vehicles to sell. >__> My car isn't near $100k tho.

But, yeah, At least they have a "guaranteed" Kais/Marchu ultimate now if people combine during any events like this.

Now people can whale to try to get the waifus.

21 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Yeah...

Just...$790. @_@ I want to buy a new computer that's ~$1200, and a bloody ultimate transform costs a good portion of the payment for the computer. And the computer is more likely to last significantly longer than this game. :(

My current pc is about 1200 euros (it is 5 years old) it was my first major big phat pc I ever got because I finally had my own money and an abundnce of it. My pc would cost like half today or something.

But due to my work I am about to get a 4k~5k pc soon, super analyzing is a must and those new pcs are like 20 times faster with more cores than 5 year old stuff!

Well instead of complaining about it you can start to farm legendary transforms now and get ready for the next transformation event because they said they would do this for every transformation event. I know its NOT easy to farm legendary transforms but its not impossible...

1. This event right now is a great and easy way to get 1 legendary transform and tons of ancients to combine to get legendary.
  2. AS is always an option to farm leg contracts.
  3. Lugbug weekly
  4. Luna transformation bundle crafts
  5. future events

I think u can pretty easily farm 4 legendary transforms in 2 months as a casual player. The hardcore can probably do 8-10... That means just save them for the next transform event and boom u will have consumed enough legendary transforms to get ur free ultimate. 

19 minutes ago, Devil-KT said:

Well instead of complaining about it you can start to farm legendary transforms now and get ready for the next transformation event because they said they would do this for every transformation event. I know its NOT easy to farm legendary transforms but its not impossible...

Pretty much this.

17 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

My current pc is about 1200 euros (it is 5 years old) it was my first major big phat pc I ever got because I finally had my own money and an abundnce of it. My pc would cost like half today or something.

But due to my work I am about to get a 4k~5k pc soon, super analyzing is a must and those new pcs are like 20 times faster with more cores than 5 year old stuff!

The core of mine is from 2012 (CPU/Mobo/RAM). :( It's starting to struggle with games. It's done so well for so long, though, so I'm pretty proud of what I built back then. Ready to get the new i5 and stuff, and make it all shiny and glowwy. ...and with a case that doesn't have freaking proprietary fans that are expensive. ._.

And, yes, the best thing to do now is to save up legendary transforms for these events. Good luck; we're all counting on you.

5 hours ago, Devil-KT said:

1. This event right now is a great and easy way to get 1 legendary transform and tons of ancients to combine to get legendary.
  3. Lugbug weekly
  5. future events

I think u can pretty easily farm 4 legendary transforms in 2 months as a casual player. The hardcore can probably do 8-10... That means just save them for the next transform event and boom u will have consumed enough legendary transforms to get ur free ultimate. 

Um.. I think you need to reread the thread.. But I got you.. "Additionally, the team is taking another look at Ultimate Transformation availability, and will be featuring these more in events to come. It may not be every event, and they will be quite rare and difficult to get, but our goal is to provide more avenues for players to obtain these items."

If that means every event apparently my understanding of English is as bad as my typing. I've farmed luna on 8 toons and also have done lug bug weekly for months. I did luna boxes for 3 months and never obtained one legendary from those contracts even when combining. I did lug bug weekly for 6 months to 1 year. It's takes about 2 months to get one. The best rates are combining 4 or 6. 2 times 4 is 8 months for one try. 2 times 6 is 1 year for one try. So are you telling me that waiting for 1 year to for 1 try at combining to get an ultimate transformation and it fails, is worth it.. If you are my mind is officially blown.

2 hours ago, Devil-KT said:

3. Lugbug weekly
  5. future events

Mind numbing mundane tasks are not hard it is actually currently very easy to get legendary contracts to turn in to ultimate but it is mundane and boring. What in that list is considered hard?

Everything beyond this is just a random rant to do with aion's issues just wanted to use your list as the vessel for my rant.

This list is both a great list for players currently seeking the transformation but it is also a list as to why Aion has so many issues. Nothing you mentioned there has anything to do with Aion's core game. It is all mini games with-in the game.

Same mundane tasks day in day out month after month...for some... year after year till some finally they get lucky and some change their opinion because you become the "one of us" mentality. How many players are going to continue this cycle that has been running since omega stones were added way back in w/e patch they were added.

It is a genuine problem when the way to gear is also the root cause for players quitting Aion. Again i am not saying your advice is not good advice it is, The problem is that advice does not solve the root problems of Aion and rather do the opposite and solidify the reasons players quit Aion. Till this issue is solved Aion in every region will continue to see the same decline in their player-base. Especially since Aion is closing in on Wildstar's numbers when it shut down. Who is going to play Aion for 1-2 years just to finally catch up in a game that could shut down in 6 months? That is the problem Aion is facing. 

Till ncsoft/west tackle the difficult problems with the community issues with how Aion is player this stigma of Aion will shut down before i ever catch up mentality will be forever in-grained in the new/returning player experience.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Fixing the last bit.

Till ncsoft/west tackle the difficult problems with the community issues of how Aion is played, This stigma of how Aion will shut down before i ever catch up mentality will be forever in-grained in the new/returning player experience.

Archived