Need Clarification- This counts as an XForm Promotional Event?

Malachyte-KT

Just want to get clarification from the NCSoft crew that this news from the Xform event back in August applies to this event and every Transformation event going forward right? I have 2 ultimate xforms already but asking clarification for those that are still seeking to acquire their first.

This was posted at the top of the transformation event back in August:

Update:

Beginning with this promotion, any player who consumes 12 Legendary Transformations through transformation combination during a single promotional event will be guaranteed an Ultimate Transformation.

Players who have consumed 12 or more Legendary Transformations via Transformation Combination during the current promotion, but have not yet obtained an Ultimate Transformation during the current promotion period will be granted an Ultimate Transformation Contract Selection Box, containing your choice of Marchutan or Kaisinel Transformation Contract at a later date.

For additional detail, please view our official announcement on the topic here.

Edit: Stuck-out what doesn't apply to this current event.

Source very first thing at top of : https://www.aiononline.com/news/store-update-august-2020

Current event page promoting the legendary Hanbok Transformations: https://www.aiononline.com/news/harvest-festival-hanbok-pixel

It does state in the current:

Transformation Support

During the promotion period (9/30/2020 – 10/21/2020), the following two Transformation Support rewards will be available. These rewards will be delivered after maintenance on October 28 .

If an account consumes 2 Legendary transformations via combination, they will receive 1x Autumn Harvest Superior Transformation Pouch (limit 3 per account). This prize will be awarded regardless of the results of transformation combination.

If an account consumes 12 Ancient grade transformations during the promotion period, they will be granted 1x Autumn Harvest Legendary Transformation Contract (14 types) (limit 1 per account). This prize will be awarded regardless of the results of transformation combination.

So my guess would be these are the new promotion rules. Korea does similar on promotions, not all of these promotions guarantee ultimate contracts for X amount of legendries used. A lot do, but not all

The only issue is this one is listed in the "Event" tab not "Sales" or Promotion and the statement "the following two Transformation Support rewards will be available" kinda makes me think its not the case

Kibbelz also stated, "This will also apply to all future promotions where bonus rewards are provided for obtaining Ultimate Transformations through transformation combination." This doesn't state that the 12 legendary for 1 selectable ultimate will always be the bonus reward. So now I truly don't believe it is the case for this event

Instead of all this conjecture, this is why I am asking clarification from NCSoft themselves, so don't take this the wrong way but please don't respond unless you have it on good authority because what was posted that was written by Kibbelz wasn't the complete quote and does indeed lend itself to say that this promotional event should count AS WELL as the extra bonuses this event provides going toward an ultimate transformation.

This way going forward we know for sure that 12 legendary xform consumption rules apply to any and all transformation promotion events, or each event will have their very own rules and the previous one stated back in the August event has been amended.

Kibbelz said: "Hi everyone. Recently, we’ve seen a lot of feedback on the forums around your experiences attempting to obtain Ultimate Transformations, and we understand this has been a source of frustration for many players.  With that in mind, we will be introducing a new feature which guarantees an Ultimate Transformation for any player who consumes 12 Legendary Transformations through transformation combination during a single promotional event (the current event concludes on September 2). This will also apply to all future promotions where bonus rewards are provided for obtaining Ultimate Transformations through transformation combination."

That last line implies that the 12 xform consumption rule will ALSO apply ALONG WITH what ever bonus awards the present event offers.

Vantheria is correct, this was created for public discourse with NCSoft and the community at large.  I am not against you speaking @Iostcrazyman-KT , just you providing bad information based off your "opinion". You had a good chance to add to the conversation when you posted Kibbelz' reply from the other thread on the first event along with the source link but failed to post the whole quote as it countered the point you were trying to make and therefore derailing the intentions of this thread request, hence why I said it had to be on good authority. 

To clarify, I don't have an issue with you posting so don't play the victim, I have an issue with you posting incomplete information and not even quoting the whole source properly based off an "opinion". It runs counter to what is trying to be accomplished here with the clarification and transparency requested from NCSoft.

If you think that my "opinion" are not on good authority who is to say the other "opinion" of the inverse is more so, isn't that the point of the "community discourse"? The last promotion was just a promotion this is part of event as well, I guess it could mean anytime we get events for holiday we will get this so cool. No worries though I see I cannot articulate myself in English as well as you can so I see my "opinions" are not valid so I shall ask permission to post before I comment from now on. Sorry well I happily added what you had missed by actually tagging a few people who you wish to contact.

"On good authority" in this case means provable information that NCSoft staff has provided. You quoted Kibbelz with the intent of adding to the conversation, however you didn't provide the full quote in which that proved counter to the point you were trying to make in your "opinion". Everything here you see me addressing with NCSoft and the community is based off of what was stated previously by NCSoft staff that I have provided sources for that can easily be verified and even fact-checked (which is what I did in your case when you quoted Kibbelz but didn't either fully understand what they said or only looked at the last thing that was stated which then would mean it was taken out of context). You provided misinformation based on your "opinion", where as I am providing information based on what was actually said and can be easily fact-checked and verified.

Secondly, you are once again confusing and providing misinformation. This IS a promotion, NCSOFT is PROMOTING the new Legendary HANBOK Pixel Transformations. You can obtain them via the event AND via the BCM. In fact, this is from the main page in regards to this "promotion":

Hanbok Pixel Promotion <---------

"The second part of our fall events will be the release of a set of four new Legendary transformations called the Hanbok Pixels! As we discussed recently on the forums, we have tuned these transformations to be more obtainable than in previous events (though still a challenge!)

During the event, all store transformation contract bundles will be swapped for versions that can award Hanbok Pixels. Further, using Transformation Combination with Ancient and Legendary transformations will result in prizes. More details on eligibility and rewards are below.

For the duration of the event, these transformations will have increased stats. Finally, the transformations will return periodically, so don’t fret if you can’t get them all on your first try."

It's the freaking second paragraph in big bold black letters on the event main page- read it for yourself here from the source: https://www.aiononline.com/news/harvest-festival-hanbok-pixel . Since this is indeed a promotion, we would like clarity that the 12 legendary transformation consumption rules are in effect.

If English isn't your first language and you are having trouble articulating on this topic, it is even more reason to not dish out information you aren't positive of are fully grasp. These replies are derailing the conversation and you are trying to deflect and play the victim when you only have yourself to blame because I am pulling my information from the same public sources that are available to you and anyone else here.

You don't need permission to reply, I'm only asking that if and when you do, it is backed up by proper sources and good information, not off opinion and half truths because that is what you get when a quote is taken out of context... come on, man.

Obviously I am not the only person who has bad English I even state in the Subheadder it says promotion as you pointed out but again clear as day

1 hour ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Hanbok Pixel Promotion <---------

"The second part of our fall events will be the release of a set of four new Legendary transformations called the Hanbok Pixels! As we discussed recently on the forums, we have tuned these transformations to be more obtainable than in previous events (though still a challenge!)

During the event, all store transformation contract bundles will be swapped for versions that can award Hanbok Pixels. Further, using Transformation Combination with Ancient and Legendary transformations will result in prizes. More details on eligibility and rewards are below.

For the duration of the event, these transformations will have increased stats. Finally, the transformations will return periodically, so don’t fret if you can’t get them all on your first try."

You are make the same assumptions as me no matter what you assume is correct you don't know for sure and neither do I so the fact that you think you are right and I am wrong is on you. You have no clue until it is stated by someone who actually knows. So how is my assumption not on good authority but yours is? This is tied to the Event the last was a sole promotion only they very well could say no this is part of the Event and not a solo promotion that we are running the bonus with, you have literally no clue. So you are guessing just like I, but never once did I tell you you were wrong. If you knew you were right why did you even make the post?

I will leave you alone because you obviously don't want to hear anything that is against what you believe to be true. Again I never said you were wrong once I said there is a possibility that it could not be the case if you look back at the original post on the new transforms Ereshkigal and Tiamat it was listed as "Sales" <- This is a promotion like the Steraki promotional going on now. Sure the Event also says inside the event there is Promotion on the Pixels but it also says the things are part of the event which is exactly how Korea had it same for Halloween same for many Holidays. We don't have confirmation that this Event "Promotion" has the same rules as the regular Sales Promotions so I just gave another possibility I don't know and you don't either you can assume if you want and I hope you are right because I could use more transforms to get my coveted Tiamat on my 2nd account. We have to wait and see but the fact that you attacked me for having a different opinion then what you believed to be true when you don't know is why I had to just tell you if thats the way you feel good on you and just because English isn't my mother tongue does not mean I have to keep my opinion to myself again public forum. Have a good day hope you find your answer soon

*sigh* Dude just stop. Your issue is that this promotion has an "event" tied to it.. The original quote from Kibbelz stated ANY Promotional EVENT. He also stated that the 12 legendary transformation consumptions was a "new feature" (this was not applied to other regions and is unique to NA as far as I know, other regions have different stipulations) that would apply "IN ADDITION TO" the stated event's bonuses. What are you even arguing? My assumptions are around requesting clarity that the previously stated rules still apply here. My first inclination is that yes it does and that it should, this is all based on documented and proven statements from NCSoft staff from the official website events page and the official forums.

With your constant derailing because you don't wish to admit you posted bogus information and somehow feel victimized when called out on it when the call out simply pointed to official statements made by NCSoft staff in their entirety, I wouldn't even be surprised if they would want to even bother responding.

TLDR: You gave your opinion, your opinion was based off an incomplete quote taken out of context, I then state that your information is inaccurate and post the whole quote (re-read the sentence in Kibbelz' statement BEFORE the one you originally quoted as that should be enough to tell you why what you originally quoted was inaccurate- The sentence in question starts with "With that in mind,"), I also requested that any further posts contain information "on good authority" and you act like I am trying to silence you when what I am trying to prevent is more misinformation as you've already posted 2 inaccurate points and continue to derail this thread because you feel like you are being personally attacked and have to try and get me back or something or other and also get in the last word or some ridiculous reason. 

Yeah lets stop fighting, if the 12 legendary was only during that part of that event they can at least clarify it. This iss what the thread asks, because they said "this will apply to all future promotion events"

Before to this promotional event I thought that the 12x legendary = 1x ultimate would be applied to all future promotional events (like this is exactly what Kibbelz post wrote after all)

But after the present promotional event, I understood is that every time there will be a transformation promotion event there will be additional bonuses but it doesn't mean we will always have the exact same rules. After all they should re-mention the 12x legendary rule and they didn't (because they did a new rule)

I usually don't quote CMs and GMs but @Loki @Kibbelz if you could throw some light: the 12x legendary combine doesn't means a selectable ultimate right during the current event?

On 9/30/2020 at 3:03 PM, Malachyte-KT said:

Kibbelz said: "Hi everyone. Recently, we’ve seen a lot of feedback on the forums around your experiences attempting to obtain Ultimate Transformations, and we understand this has been a source of frustration for many players.  With that in mind, we will be introducing a new feature which guarantees an Ultimate Transformation for any player who consumes 12 Legendary Transformations through transformation combination during a single promotional event (the current event concludes on September 2). This will also apply to all future promotions where bonus rewards are provided for obtaining Ultimate Transformations through transformation combination."

That last line implies that the 12 xform consumption rule will ALSO apply ALONG WITH what ever bonus awards the present event offers.

Hence why I posted the whole quote from Kibbelz. It is implying that the consumption of 12 Legendary Xforms using the combine feature to get 1 ultimate xform selection box is a new feature (specific to NA even because other regions have a different stipulation like Korea is 24 Legendary consumptions but they get Legendary contracts much much easier than us) that will apply during Legendary Transformation promotional event IN ADDITION to whatever bonus transformations the present event offers. This event is promoting Legendary Transformations, so the assumption is that this "new feature" should apply, hence we are asking for clarity on this.

You're only focusing on the last part of his post, the sentence before it is equally as important because it is advertising a new feature that clearly states consuming 12 legendary transformations will be rewarded with an ultimate xform selection box during a single promotional event. His last sentence is actually implying that the 12 legendary transformation consumption stipulation will also apply IN ADDITION to whatever bonus rewards an event is offering. 

Do you see recognize the difference now and what is being asked for clarity on?

Yes, of course they have to clarify it, it is not the first time they write something either too absolute that doesn't apply or something more ambiguous.

Do not forget they event went back to delete what they wrote and re-write info on events in the past. So lets wait and see what is their explanation.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, Malachyte-KT said:

@Kibbelz Can we PLEASE get confirmation on this?  There are only 2 weeks left in the current promotion.

I want to have a chance to combine 12 legendary for the guaranteed ultimate, but to do so I would have to buy a contract or two off the BCM.  I'm not buying until I know what is what.

Ikr?!  This is only the second promotional event we've had after the 12 leg combines = guaranteed ultimate announcement .  I think it makes perfect sense that people want to confirm that the new feature's bonus reward applies to the current promotion event before they combine their 12 legendary duplicates.

@Kibbelz   Please clarify/confirm  the promotional event details in regards to your quote  "... we will be introducing a new feature which guarantees an Ultimate Transformation for any player who consumes 12 Legendary Transformations through transformation combination during a single promotional event"

Honestly NC, you all make things so difficult and then don't answer your customers or provide proper clarification on your event policies when there are rightfully questions.  This question thread has been out there for a week without any response from someone in the know.

At this point, I don't know if we are just being ignored... or they don't understand what we're asking...

Archived