This Event is a Troll!

Rag-DN

So I just spent the last 2 nights staying up late grinding hardcore in SC trying to get the "Durable Ultimate Bitterthorn Weapon Reward Box" from the event only to finally get it to find out it's only a temp weapon. (Disappears after X days).... REALLY NCSOFT? I mean you couldn't of put a disclaimer that this was temporary? Is the armor a lie also? I'm not gonna lie, I am furious about this. I seriously been grinding nonstop for hours for the last 2 days for basically nothing....so nyerking stupid!  >.< 

https://www.aiononline.com/news/fragments-of-time-event 

Aion: Fragments of Time Event

11/16/2020|Event|By The Community Team

Prepare for Unshackled Fate, arriving Wednesday, November 18

Fragments of Time Event Duration: November 18 – December 9

Let the hunt begin! Fragments of Time have been scattered across Atreia -- they can be collected by Daevas willing to slay monsters in Inggison, Gelkmaros, and Silentera Canyon.

Once acquired, these fragments can be used to complete item collections for bonus stats, or they can be combined into a reward box.

Collecting Your Fragments

Five different types of Fragments of Time have been scattered. To acquire them, you will need to hunt in  Inggison, Gelkmaros, and Silentera Canyon for monsters. Silentera canyon boasts the highest drop rates – so if you are looking for higher risk and reward, seek out your prey there!

To obtain a true wealth of Fragments of Time, Daevas can also seek out Enraged Debilkarim the Maker, who will spawn daily at 12:00, 20:00 and 23:00 server time at one of ten random locations. Four of these locations reside in Inggision, while another four are in Gelkmaros; the remaining two are in Silentera Canyon.

If you manage to defeat Enraged Debilkarim the Maker, a number of Chronomatic Boxes will spawn, containing a cache of the valuable fragments.

Using Your Fragments

Once you have your fragments, you can exchange them in forevent-long buffs or assemble them into special reward boxes.

To acquire the buffs, use the fragments you gather to complete event “item collections”, a new mechanic in the Aion: Unshackled Fate update, which will be featured in an upcoming article. Collecting Fragments of Time to complete the collections will endow you with bonus stats, which will expire on December 23rd.

As you acquire excess fragments, you can also craft a special event reward box: Gloraid’s Special Box. Assembling the box requires one fragment of each of the five types and will yield a reward randomly from the following table:

[Event] Gloriad's Special Box

Reward NameQuantity

Random piece of Ultimate Bitterthorn Armor1

Durable Ultimate Bitterthorn Weapon Reward Box1

Spirit Phial10 - 30

Shining Silentium1 - 4

Bright Silentium1 - 2

Brilliant Silentium1

Timeless Terrace Deployment Completion Mark (Elyos Only)1 - 3

Timeless Terrace Advancement Completion Mark (Asmodian Only)1 - 3

May fortune favor you in your quest for fragments, riches, and increased power!

Seriously...not one mention that this is a temp weap/gear.....   

15 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

So I just spent the last 2 nights staying up late grinding hardcore in SC trying to get the "Durable Ultimate Bitterthorn Weapon Reward Box" from the event only to finally get it to find out it's only a temp weapon. (Disappears after X days).... REALLY NCSOFT? I mean you couldn't of put a disclaimer that this was temporary? Is the armor a lie also? I'm not gonna lie, I am furious about this. I seriously been grinding nonstop for hours for the last 2 days for basically nothing....so nyerking stupid!  >.< 

I also got duped by the "reward list"- -  it's not so much of a reward if its temporary now is it?! I also got the Durable Ultimate Bitterhorn Weapon Reward Box and my excitement was QUICKLY diminished when i opened it to find it was only a 3 day weapon... this ( i agree with Rag) is a nyerking BS and stupid. Way to go NC.. way to SLAP your playerbase in the face!! 

@Kibbelz and any other Nyerking GM- Dev  that may see this... 

3 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

If the name of Boxes start with "DURABLE", it means a Temp-Weapon  (Will Disappear after X days) xD Ye, this guys (NCsoft) are so "Smart"

9 hours ago, Dyehuthy-DN said:

If the name of Boxes start with "DURABLE", it means a Temp-Weapon  (Will Disappear after X days) xD Ye, this guys (NCsoft) are so "Smart"

Durable use to mean "high grade" in the game.  Also that's confusing that now it means non-permanent. Look at the Aion Database website and search Durable, you will find tons of previous patches gear that was PERMANENT.  This must be a rather new concept. Either way, they still should clarify this type of thing for new/returning players.

36 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Durable use to mean "high grade" in the game.  Also that's confusing that now it means non-permanent. Look at the Aion Database website and search Durable, you will find tons of previous patches gear that was PERMANENT.  This must be a rather new concept. Either way, they still should clarify this type of thing for new/returning players.

They should just PLAINLY state in the rewards list that if something is TEMPORARY--- I feel like the entire community has been deceived by the omission of a simple clause of ( "event reward weapon boxes are TEMPORARY")  

@Hime @Loki @Kibbelz

I was questioning if this event worth doing. I'm  a very casual pvper ( I dont really care for it that much anymore). Yikes, I saw someone with the new pvp weapon but its only 1 DAY, wtf kind reward is that?  Temporally ''rewards'' isnt how you show that you care for the community, it does the exact opposite .....

10 minutes ago, Hallo-DN said:

I was questioning if this event worth doing. I'm  a very casual pvper ( I dont really care for it that much anymore). Yikes, I saw someone with the new pvp weapon but its only 1 DAY, wtf kind reward is that?  Temporally ''rewards'' isnt how you show that you care for the community, it does the exact opposite .....

far be it for me to say it was a mistake it being temps but since there wasnt an e-maint id have to say no it was not...i mean its not like its a breakthrough weapon that comes as a temp that u have to upgrade to make it a perma weapon which would make sense in those regards as they've done b4...

If a reward is temporary it should say so in the rewards list. Using the word "durable" is pretty deceptive, as by definition it mean able to withstand wear, pressure, or damage; hard-wearing.

9dd4bd5ea36a24a7f30aae1cc2c9a0b7755fbeae

It should say "Durable Ultimate Bitterthorn Weapon Reward Box (1-7 days)"

I am curious if this was even intended, because the armor is apparently permanent. @Kibbelz Some clarification would be appreciated?

On 11/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, Rag-DN said:

Rag, i have been back and forth with them on a ticket... this is literally what they told me.... 

GM Haunn (Aion)

Nov 23, 2020, 12:59 PST

Hello,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We've reviewed the Durable Ultimate Bitterthorn Weapon Reward Box and found out that it is mentioned in its description that the items from it will disappear after a certain amount of time. Still, we can understand your disappointment over the reward and encourage you to wait for further annoucements and details in the game forums.

We hope for your understanding on this matter. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

GM Haunn
NCSOFT Support Team

Now... i have REPOSTED to them what the event list said by copy and pasting it. 

Also i invited them to this thread... since they want to tell me to complain on forums in previous emails... 

It is my hope that those of us who have gotten duped by this reward list gets comp for the wasted time and anger it's caused. 

Archived