Result of 'Event Item' Listing from stream 12/4

Hoarror-KT

@Kibbelz@Loki @Hime

This is what we as the community was able to come up with as far as current 'Event Items' we would like to see in our future events...

There was a good turn out on the stream to decide what we wanted.. IF anyone was unable to make it to the stream please reach out to me so I can update the item list to make it as easy as possible. 

https://imgur.com/cWw5hUG

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14utalqCN3l6OPubB41V6jqeT9EHlSxiunw1v66nRw-Q/edit?usp=sharing

14 minutes ago, Hoarror-KT said:

@Kibbelz@Loki @Hime

This is what we as the community was able to come up with as far as current 'Event Items' we would like to see in our future events...

There was a good turn out on the stream to decide what we wanted.. IF anyone was unable to make it to the stream please reach out to me so I can update the item list to make it as easy as possible. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14utalqCN3l6OPubB41V6jqeT9EHlSxiunw1v66nRw-Q/edit?usp=sharing

Some of the rewards seem kind of a big stretch even for Ncsoft to put in an event, but I loved that most of the stuff was things that relate to what patch we are currently in and makes people  ACTUALLY  want to participate  in the current event. Also love someone said the Dragon Motion Set. Ncsoft has starved us so much from cosmetics in the game. I would really like seeing them put back in skins, motions as rewards since they completely stopped with skin rotations on bcm.

56 minutes ago, Hoarror-KT said:

@Kibbelz@Loki @Hime

I like most of these rewards but I think the Demaha champions are a stretch considering new and better extendables are coming soon so they should just expedite that patch instead since they are able to be farmed from HM instances but it takes a ton of exp marks to advance them so that's one issue I guess with the new ones.

Also would like to see the Divine imbued weapons. Not the paralyze weapons. The Divine ones that are mainly PvE based weapons. It sucks that people who want these weapons can't get them because Asmos refuse to form properly to take them.

I'm really have no idea what each reward does beside some skill skins motions and cubic.

But I think it's kinda miss one thing that if you want to get new players to Aion is legendary transformation starter that selectable.
I have no idea why ancient transform is considering as best reward.

I think urgent thing that NCwest want to do is remove luna instances(including cubic ones) completely.(5.x was ok because it's just skins it doesn't affected gameplay that much). Luna making game extremely boring now because the best way to farm is afk that's not even playing the game.
Ofc you need to replace stuff from luna like kinah with something else could be quests and anyone has excessive kinah needs to remove.

Second is making transformation contacts dropping from mobs like manastones in classic with legendary rarest and ultimate can depend on luck.
Third is making transparent scrolls craftable and brokerable.

This is 3 basic steps that need to happen before we can do serious repair if those steps got denial I think my hope lay down with classic xD

I didn't know about abyssal splinter sorry my knowledge about modern Aion is really limited.

I just believing if transparent scrolls craftable and common enough like great running scrolls in classic ,people will buy skins more(bcm) and it's just another way to making money for people who choose to do crafting.

I'll tell what's the big problem in Aion p servers now beside no update. It's pretty much lawless and wild but so did official in classic time so at least if retail wanna distinct from p servers they need enforce the rules especially what made people so upset about hackers,ninja looters.dred afk(unless the group made for afking) and botters but they're not primary targets to create better gaming condition.

People need to really to be sure about their accusation towards to those who misconduct or they facing backslash from their allegation (It's just there so people won't randomly or abuse the system and make staff works on baseless cases)

I believed 3 steps I said would be a good start + law enforcement I believe NA  can do if KR allowed but I don't think they willing to work on something that's so much declining like live Aion now.

It's a lot easier and costless if they redevelop Aion from classic into something else plus not a lot of people willing to give live Aion a chance after bad experience in 6.0 7.0.
I think the most important in gaming is not about pvp,mechanics,skins or graphics it's just fairness if there's no fair in the game no matter how great the game is it will fail.

I only want Aion to preserved gaming spirit before microtransactions took over the world.
We can't get rid of microtransactions but we can make it fair enough for everyone to enjoy.

1 hour ago, GenericUser28369 said:

None of this will matter when Aion Classic comes out in NA.

I am happy that there is number of people excited for the possibility of of AION Classic coming to NA, really am happy. But, can we NOT turn yet another forum post into talking about AION Classic? This is about current version AION, not Classic.

Please redirect all your AION Classic talk to the already opened forum posts discussing it. 

Thanks.

The problem with these lists are that the rewards are way too OP because players asked for them so inevitably people will ask for whatever they want.

I can ask for paragonrn +15 ready by chance for example, imagine getting that.

If they ever implement them the RNG will make the good rewards impossible to get, like 0.0001% to get the good one and it will have like 90% chance to get a 10% tea of repose or whatever.

Lastly I might sound typical but when an event gives you end game gear ready +15 by chance, then it starts becoming bad because getting some of these items the normal way requires months of grinding.

How will any of this improve Aion? You can have amazing rewards but the event itself can still be garbage. 11th anniversary serves as the best example. More so the only reason players considered events good in the past was due to being able to do them on 20-40 characters daily.

When you remove even the ability for tradeable items even some of the best events of the past become garbage. Alch event,Snowball are 2 really good examples here.

The list is good to a degree for items but things like the socket reset stone or cube expansion will never be a common reward. Same with things like ancient transformation contracts but over all again the list itself is a good list of items to have in events.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How will any of this improve Aion? You can have amazing rewards but the event itself can still be garbage. 11th anniversary serves as the best example. More so the only reason players considered events good in the past was due to being able to do them on 20-40 characters daily.

When you remove even the ability for tradeable items even some of the best events of the past become garbage. Alch event,Snowball are 2 really good examples here.

The list is good to a degree for items but things like the socket reset stone or cube expansion will never be a common reward. Same with things like ancient transformation contracts but over all again the list itself is a good list of items to have in events.

I regard stormwing to have good rewards and yeah it was simply afk to get the rewards which sucked, but the rewards weren't tradeable (you could benefit form alts for the stigma enchants, they probably forgot that).

So I understand not having tradeable event items because then the guy with 1000 chars will simply overflood the economy, but at least the rewards need to be good.

Like we have ancient manastone box, 2x per week and it is a random manastone. That wasn't worthy even back in 6.2 days lolz. They could at least have selectable manastones all the way up to ultimate as well. How about a selectable Daevanion, early this year we were given a selectable daevanion per day for 2,5 months and it was free!

It confuses me to how good some events are and how they throw tons of rewards just for being afk and then they have events that aren't even mentionable.

Right now we have the Jotun event... you bet we still have it, I forgot its existence since I always lack one of the fragments and can't combine a single thing so for me this even is totally non existent at all, I never got the last piece and I have like 50 pieces of each of the others. Whenever we dared to kill a Jotun people bring alts and then don't roll on purpose and it takes forever to not even get anything. Most boxes remain on the ground unclaimed because people leave in town and still roll.

I applied for Daeva Dash and it took me 37 minutes to enter (or a little more don't remember). then I entered and I was alone vs an elyos premade group.

This game is literally in great need of a reset and make again from scratch, nothing works.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It confuses me to how good some events are and how they throw tons of rewards just for being afk and then they have events that aren't even mentionable.

I do not want to derail the thread to much because the guy incharge did at-least make an effort unlike many of the posts but it really comes down to you can not have good events with out bad events.

If every event gave away good items then people would just be upset it was not giving away the best items every event. Then if every event gives away the best items then every other item in the game becomes pointless as rewards. This means to have a good event you need to have a terrible event at some point to make the good event look good.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I do not want to derail the thread to much because the guy incharge did at-least make an effort unlike many of the posts but it really comes down to you can not have good events with out bad events.

If every event gave away good items then people would just be upset it was not giving away the best items every event. Then if every event gives away the best items then every other item in the game becomes pointless as rewards. This means to have a good event you need to have a terrible event at some point to make the good event look good.

Exactly which takes us back to th conclusion the game needs a better progress curve than relying on events to get everything handed.

I won't comment on this thread as I also do not want to take the subject away. I would love to see some of the items listed in rewards.

I think if you guys want a realistic chance at getting reward suggestions accepted, you need to think less from the perspective of the players and more from the perspective of the game publisher.  The whole point is to get people to play more and give them teasers that will encourage them to use the cash shop.  Otherwise, the game does not make money and is not viable as a commercial endeavor.  So just handing out things like ultimate transformations (other than as unobtanium like in the 11th Anniversary event in which they are really just for advertising and not viable as a true event reward) is just not going to happen.  On the other hand, if there were some way to grind a ludicrous amount of mats to combine for an ultimate transformation box (which would force you to play a lot) and which could be accelerated/supplemented by cash shop items, that is something that the publisher might buy into because it would (1) generate more sessions/play time per session and (2) generate more cash shop income.

Along those lines, I would suggest putting on your wishlist things that actually help you grind (like AP and XP amulets / Berdin Stars / Abyssal Stars), and things that are subject to RNG and leave you thirsting to use the cash shop (like legendary and ultimate enchantment stones, ultimate manastones, blessed socket reset stones, etc.).  These items are all useful to someone who  grinds, and also encourage people to "top up" on the cash shop (e.g., you get from +11 to +15 on your bitterthorn weapon, and there just happens to be an ultimate enchantment stone on sale in the BCM for 320 ncoins, or you are frustrated from having your +23 physical attack manastones keep failing on the third socket, so you splurge for a socketing supplement on the BCM).

Try to keep these thoughts in mind when generating your wish lists.  I suspect it will be a much easier pitch to the powers that be if your wishlist can be framed in a way that will generate more/longer sessions (a lead indicator of potential cash shop income) and more actual cash shop income for ncsoft.

-Mud

7 hours ago, DoomKat-KT said:

I think if you guys want a realistic chance at getting reward suggestions accepted, you need to think less from the perspective of the players and more from the perspective of the game publisher.  The whole point is to get people to play more and give them teasers that will encourage them to use the cash shop.  Otherwise, the game does not make money and is not viable as a commercial endeavor.  

I feel like you are not understanding what this list is tho. Yes it is a list of items players want but it is not a list of how they should be implemented in an event. I am sure plenty of players who saw this list looked at it and went yep if i had an event with anyone of these best rewards ild pay $50-$200 to obtain the one i want.

The list is basically what players consider acceptable rewards to see in events in 7.7 and beyond not that we want all this for free. I guess the best way to put it would be this is a list people would be enticed in to spending on if events had these types of rewards.

30 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I feel like you are not understanding what this list is tho. Yes it is a list of items players want but it is not a list of how they should be implemented in an event. I am sure plenty of players who saw this list looked at it and went yep if i had an event with anyone of these best rewards ild pay $50-$200 to obtain the one i want.

The list is basically what players consider acceptable rewards to see in events in 7.7 and beyond not that we want all this for free. I guess the best way to put it would be this is a list people would be enticed in to spending on if events had these types of rewards.

Exactly this ^^^. It is literally just a list of items with item codes to make sure we do not run into the same issue of the current event's reward list. There is a lot of items on said list that does not have to all be included within every event moving forward, it is just a base line to make it as clear as possible for whomever may listen and or reads the list. I fully understand that some/decent amount of the items within the 'Best Reward' column is going to be a stretch and as those items should be difficult to acquire within an event/game; but, at least its a starting point for whomever to start actually

IF there is monetary way to do so sure, at least the item showed up and that there was also a way to obtain the item without being under a price tag (IF possible). We all know that there are limitations to everything as far as items and events 100%, but, the stuff we have gotten recently is not even remotely close being an incentive to log in and play the event within the game.

I know this entire thread post is a stretch to achieve, and I am not sure how NCWest would implement them into events or how to create events around the list (which may further assist NCWest) I just don't have the knowledge nor the experience on the creation of events. But, we as a community play the game daily and know the difference between 6.0 rewards and late 7.7 rewards should look like.  

Early 6.x Rewards;

[Event][Motion Card] Fluttering Dandelion 300 1/week

[Event] Animal Farm Enchantment Stone Box 100 1/week

[Event] Everyday Animal Farm Mount Box (15 days) 40 1/week

[Event] General Return Scroll Bundle (Contains 10) 1 2/week

[Event] Ancient Engraved Manastone Box 10 2/week

[Event] Legendary Engraved Manastone Box 30 1/week

[Event] Lucky Kinah Box 5 3/week

[Event] Consumables Bundle 1 10/week

[Event] Event Coin1-

Replaced 7.x Rewards for same event;

[Motion Card] The Dragon's Set 300 1/week

Legendary Enchantment Stone Selection Bundle 100 5/week

Golden Pig (15 days) 60 1/week 

Legendary Manastone Selection Box 20 10/week

Lucky Kinah Box 5 10/week

[Event] Event Coin1- Unlimited

The difference between the 6.x and 7.x rewards for a pretty basic event is not hard to make and it similar to what NCwest already made for the event.

I would type more, but I am not home.

1 hour ago, Hoarror-KT said:

Replaced 7.x Rewards for same event;
[Motion Card] The Dragon's Set 300 1/week
Legendary Enchantment Stone Selection Bundle 100 5/week
Golden Pig (15 days) 60 1/week 
Legendary Manastone Selection Box 20 10/week
Lucky Kinah Box 5 10/week
[Event] Event Coin1- Unlimited
The difference between the 6.x and 7.x rewards for a pretty basic event is not hard to make and it similar to what NCwest already made for the event.

Of course these are far closer to 7.7

I would even add an ultimate selectable 200 coins like 2~3 per week, and ultimate enchant selection similar in price and limit.

Why not selectable daevanions as well, even if it was 500 coins and 1 per week only it would be an incentive to do those runs.

But the reality hits harder, it takes me 40 minutes to get a pop and whenever I get in I am always with 2 afk asmodians while the elyos are usually a premade or at least 3x active, that is 9/10 times.

• Aion Team

@Hoarror-KT Thanks for sharing the list on behalf of players. Definitely agree with some of the comments here about the viability of these as rewards for events, etc, but I see your counter-response that you acknowledge that and simply wanted to compile your perspective on reward tiers/value. I'll send it along to our team, and appreciate the effort made here in an attempt to help! Thanks :)

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Hoarror-KT Thanks for sharing the list on behalf of players. Definitely agree with some of the comments here about the viability of these as rewards for events, etc, but I see your counter-response that you acknowledge that and simply wanted to compile your perspective on reward tiers/value. I'll send it along to our team, and appreciate the effort made here in an attempt to help! Thanks :)

Of course! No problem! Glad we could help! Hopefully the list can push us into the right direction! I can make streams like this more in the future as far as possible way for community feedback to NCwest, let me know if that is something we can set up for Future State of things!

Archived