[7.7 Part 2] Skill changes

Skill Changes for second part of 7.7 update

Introduction of +10 gemstone refinement effects (overwrites +5 version, but contain all of their effects anyway)

Many %-based healing effect are changed to flat numbers. Ratios are typically (exceptions apply):

• 1% Heal -> 1000 HP Heal
  • HP +1% -> HP +500

Abyss rank transformations buffed

See other changes in above websites

We're going to have another round of of skill changes in 7.7 part 3

Full skill reference available here

On 1/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, Azzmaria-KT said:

ty for sharing this info with us

so we will have another item to enchant even further? I gues sis right, we have so few things to enchant right now and some extra farming + RNG could be a nice idea. 🙄

Yes, but Gemstone enchantment success rates are changed as follows:

• +0 -> +1: 100%
  • +1 -> +2: 80% (no corruption chance on failure)
  • +2 -> +3: 80% (no corruption chance on failure)
  • +3 -> +4: 80% (no corruption chance on failure)
  • +4 -> +5: 40% (10% corruption chance on failure)
  • The rest are unchanged

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2021 at 10:48 PM, Wrathchild-KT said:

All patches are like: "Another SW nerf". I'm waiting the day they will finally nerf Vandals and Clerics....

They did nerf  KR clerics in 7.9,  just look at the damage reduction for Chains of Suffering, and Glads got a huge buff.

12 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

They did nerf  KR clerics in 7.9,  just look at the damage reduction for Chains of Suffering, and Glads got a huge buff.

How did Glads get a buff? I looked at the skills a bit ago but must have missed something. I've felt Glads needed a buff for a while... 

** edit ** Ah I see that the negatives from defense prep and slaughter have been removed. Honestly a good thing, does seem right that a plate can get 2-3 shot from every class, including those that deal physical damage.

2 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

How did Glads get a buff? I looked at the skills a bit ago but must have missed something. I've felt Glads needed a buff for a while... 

** edit ** Ah I see that the negatives from defense prep and slaughter have been removed. Honestly a good thing, does seem right that a plate can get 2-3 shot from every class, including those that deal physical damage.

They reduced the CD on a whole bunch of Glad skills.

3 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

At least you got some skill changes!! This is the second skill change where sorcs got screwed over. The only changes we got were for +10 gemstones..

5 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

No, it's in Korean.

Try

All the CD reductions are cool but they nerfed our best skill imo... Ferocious earthquake pull was so awesome and something I felt the glad needed for a long time. I'm salty about that one.

8 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

At least you got some skill changes!! This is the second skill change where sorcs got screwed over. The only changes we got were for +10 gemstones..

We get the main shield to be 8k defense instead of 4.514 which is again 1 hit.
We get our 6 second boon of iron clad to finally block all dmg not just physical dmg (next change they need is to make it last more than 6 seconds, other classes have shields that are up for up to 15 seconds rendering them immortal)
And we also got a change in the useless vision stigma that self petrifies us and whoever attacks us from 5m->10m, now they also get a c.speed reduction (so if someone attacks you from >10m they get c.speed reduce by 100%)

46 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

And we also got a change in the useless vision stigma that self petrifies us and whoever attacks us from 5m->10m, now they also get a c.speed reduction (so if someone attacks you from >10m they get c.speed reduce by 100%)

Repulsion Field paralyzes yourself while the shield effect is actives.

Petrification is similar to sleep, where the effects ends whenever you take damage.

5 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Repulsion Field paralyzes yourself while the shield effect is actives.

Petrification is similar to sleep, where the effects ends whenever you take damage.

Yes it is self paralyzing, my bad. I tried it once to check so I didn't pay attention to all the details, the skill is utterly useless.

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We get our 6 second boon of iron clad to finally block all dmg not just physical dmg (next change they need is to make it last more than 6 seconds, other classes have shields that are up for up to 15 seconds rendering them immortal)

And it also has a long animation speed so need to find a good timing to cast.

18 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

And it also has a long animation speed so need to find a good timing to cast.

We generally require to be very precise or it wont' work, this is why our class kinda sucks in the general rule. And because we have the least amount of HP and least general defenses all those little timings that might not work are a recipe for disaster. The only sorcs that are pvp worthy are those that got all the exclusive breakthrought with special weapons, and special runes/gemstones etc and they always manage to outburst an enemy.

One of the most basic skills we were constantly quoted for is sleep, but that was back when there weren't that many other CCs like paralyze, pull, knockdown, aetherhold  and a ton of stun series. And because sleep is solid cast it is now outdated, 2 seconds to cast a spell in a fight that will last 1 second or even less, or even if you do not die in while trying to cast it, in these 2 seconds the enemy most likely will throw you 10 skills, half of which will be more effective instant CCs thus will simply break it. If you need to do 100 tricks to land one skill then this is where it fails, archer for example wil hit one button and instantly sleep the enemy, no need to try hard to land it.

Not to mention that our direct aetherhold skill practically never works on pvp, I am not sure if they changed it but we are the only ones that had it at 70% chance to work on pvp unlike everyone else who have it at 100%, not sure why we always got sh!t thrown into our faces like this. Our aoe aetherhold works far more often.

@TheSecretCowLeve-KT does our aetherhold still have a pvp nerf? (not the daevanion aoe one, I am talking about the normal aetherhold skill)

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We generally require to be very precise or it wont' work, this is why our class kinda sucks in the general rule. And because we have the least amount of HP and least general defenses all those little timings that might not work are a recipe for disaster. The only sorcs that are pvp worthy are those that got all the exclusive breakthrought with special weapons, and special runes/gemstones etc and they always manage to outburst an enemy.

One of the most basic skills we were constantly quoted for is sleep, but that was back when there weren't that many other CCs like paralyze, pull, knockdown, aetherhold  and a ton of stun series. And because sleep is solid cast it is now outdated, 2 seconds to cast a spell in a fight that will last 1 second or even less, or even if you do not die in while trying to cast it, in these 2 seconds the enemy most likely will throw you 10 skills, half of which will be more effective instant CCs thus will simply break it. If you need to do 100 tricks to land one skill then this is where it fails, archer for example wil hit one button and instantly sleep the enemy, no need to try hard to land it.

Not to mention that our direct aetherhold skill practically never works on pvp, I am not sure if they changed it but we are the only ones that had it at 70% chance to work on pvp unlike everyone else who have it at 100%, not sure why we always got sh!t thrown into our faces like this. Our aoe aetherhold works far more often.

@TheSecretCowLeve-KT does our aetherhold still have a pvp nerf? (not the daevanion aoe one, I am talking about the normal aetherhold skill)

Just tell me honestly, do you even use the simple aetherhold skill ? I see only 1 use of it - as a pre-skill for flame ray, when you are clearing mobs but again, in most situations red gem skill or flame waltz do their job goid enough. And idk maybe I have a problem with magic accuracy but it doesn’t always work on elites in instances, and on open-world mobs I don’t need it.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Just tell me honestly, do you even use the simple aetherhold skill ? I see only 1 use of it - as a pre-skill for flame ray, when you are clearing mobs but again, in most situations red gem skill or flame waltz do their job goid enough. And idk maybe I have a problem with magic accuracy but it doesn’t always work on elites in instances, and on open-world mobs I don’t need it.

Generally I would never bother with it in pvp as it never works, I do try to use it in mobs with a lot of HP and then I fire my daevanion aoe that hits a target in mid airand does a little bit paralyze with 0.5s cool down, but even in mobs it doesn't always work and at those that it works they usually have little HP so they die pretty fast and and I cannot take advantage of the other aoe daevanion.

Still the cool down of this is quite long like all of my skills.

29 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Generally I would never bother with it in pvp as it never works, I do try to use it in mobs with a lot of HP and then I fire my daevanion aoe that hits a target in mid airand does a little bit paralyze with 0.5s cool down, but even in mobs it doesn't always work and at those that it works they usually have little HP so they die pretty fast and and I cannot take advantage of the other aoe daevanion.

Still the cool down of this is quite long like all of my skills.

Also I don’t really understand this aoe - why paralyze target who is already in aerial thrust ? Oo

16 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Also I don’t really understand this aoe - why paralyze target who is already in aerial thrust ? Oo

The aoe paralyze skill is being used in a target that is in aetherhold, but it hits up to 6 targets around, those targets do not have to be in aetherhold to be affected by the dmg and the paralyze.

So if you have one enemy in aetherhold, you can aoe everyone around it and paralyze them momentarily, breaking heals or other casting skills.

I'll talk about skill changes I feel kinda negative when they changed method from adding new skills with every patch to changing skills constantly to the point everyone has to worried which next class going to be OP or who will be nerf.

I would feel much more positive if they adding new skills as stigma with 12 stigma slots at least replace old and bad stigma as a choice for us to use I would feel more diverse when you do a battle against your opponent you can't guess and predict what you should do against them since there're so many possibilities.

If we got too much skill books by keep adding them then add new skills that share cd with old skills
And I would totally welcome if a macro that changing gears can't use while under attack like hide make a healing class like cleric can't abuse MR and MB set in pvp.

Archived