Forums

Fix your nyerking pvp game

Ele-DN

2 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

I'm so glad I give up on pvp long time ago.

I did quit pvp on 6.x era because of rewards people got from 5.x. I came back on pvp scene on 7.7 because I thought full bitterhorn +15 would solve that 100-0 in less than a second problem, but it didn’t, I still get killed with almost no effort and some times killed with 5star xform. Dps of some classes are insanely high.

6 hours ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

I did quit pvp on 6.x era because of rewards people got from 5.x. I came back on pvp scene on 7.7 because I thought full bitterhorn +15 would solve that 100-0 in less than a second problem, but it didn’t, I still get killed with almost no effort and some times killed with 5star xform. Dps of some classes are insanely high.

The PvP in Aion has never been more imbalanced. That's why people in Korea are flocking back to Aion Classic. The devs know it's imbalanced, after all they did it.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:39 AM, Wrathchild-KT said:

All transform does for you is allow you to die in 5-10 seconds instead of 1-2

8 hours ago, Lexxxie-KT said:

Yep, I got 3 shot by a glad in full MR. If you are going to socket full MR, you shouldn't be able to hit that hard. Nice balance there...

Don't even get me started on clerics, insane burst damage, debuffs for days, full heals and they have shields and CC to boot.

All of the previously supportive/defensive classes have become the new cancer because they kept them as tanks/healers but someone decided it was wise to give them nukes as if they are damage dealing classes.

My green gemstone skill gives me a shield that resists 30% of the dmg and while on I cannot use any skills ><.

Other classes have shields that render them immortal for 10~15 seconds while they still hit with full force!

23 minutes ago, Hallo-DN said:

Everything being enchanted + made this game's pvp abomination . Some classes can literaly 2-3 shot even if you have good gear which is why I slowly given up on it, like others.

It's a problem without a solution, a deliberate game philosophy.

PvP was no better back in 1.X after playing classic plenty of classes can use less than 4 skills and kill you. Ranger/Sin/glad/sorc...almost every DPS class in the game can do this. The counter is double heals/temp shield and so on. I would love to see some group PvP with people using temps/double cleric getting insta gibbed by one of these classes that can 2-3 shot you.

Hell i remember back during 4.X for a meme i would go in to 1v1 arena on my ranger and just bind every attack skill to 1 button on my mouse and i won more games than i lost because godstone proc's = LOLOLOL now you do nothing opponent you are now a trainning dummy. 

This game was never balanced for PvP it had drama surrounding it that made people competitive enough to want to win. This changes a persons perception of core broken gameplay mechanics because if it gets you a win then you were happy. Since there was much drama surrounding the game and it felt relevant to you as an individual you considered it great PvP but ultimately now that the game has fallen out of favor even with-in its own community the perception of these core broken mechanics are viewed correctly.

This did not make it a boring game by any means it was a great PvP game because it created drama it created that passion of competitive spirit which kept the game chugging along but eventually people will lose that competitive sprit and once they do the patch that they lose that competitive spirit is often the patch where people considered the game unbalanced and garbage. You have people who believe 3.X was unbalanced people who think 4.X 5.X...hell even the addition of remove shock made people quit because melee had a fighting chance then.

The problem now is that everyone's attack stats are too high due to the stats on the gear pieces themselves PLUS attack runestones, advanced stigmas, advanced Daevanion skills, etc. Having 25k attack allows people to just use 3-5 skills to kill you. So if they get the jump on you, it's over. Or if you get the jump on them, it's the same thing, just in your favor. We need to have less attack stats overall (or higher defense stats) because that would make the fights last longer. If you're not hitting as hard, then it will take you longer to kill someone, thus requiring some actual thought to be put into fights and some sort of actual F U N.

Fun.

What Aion pvp used to be.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The problem now is that everyone's attack stats are too high due to the stats on the gear pieces themselves PLUS attack runestones, advanced stigmas, advanced Daevanion skills, etc. Having 25k attack allows people to just use 3-5 skills to kill you. So if they get the jump on you, it's over. Or if you get the jump on them, it's the same thing, just in your favor. We need to have less attack stats overall (or higher defense stats) because that would make the fights last longer. If you're not hitting as hard, then it will take you longer to kill someone, thus requiring some actual thought to be put into fights and some sort of actual F U N.

Fun.

What Aion pvp used to be.

The problem with everyone hitting like an elite boss though is that some classes can survive a burst attack better than others. so the defensive classes can stand more chances. plus some classes have effective defensive shield that negate most damage taken while they still hit like elite bosses because of the stats you explained.

Right now the supposed "non dps classes" are those that are the best for pvp because they have their class' defensive abilities plus the insane stats that make every class a nuclear dps.

This is why Templars, Gladiators, Clerics and AT are so op, and of course vandal who was always a broken class since the implementation.

1 hour ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

What really pisses me off is the fact that I have the best viable pvp gear, and someone using vanilla and ultimate transformation can kill me before I’m able to cast a spell, and the worst thing is, if I report it, ncsoft wont take any action.

Yes, that has effectively destroyed most world PvP, which use to be a core draw card for Aion.

13 hours ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

What really pisses me off is the fact that I have the best viable pvp gear, and someone using vanilla and ultimate transformation can kill me before I’m able to cast a spell, and the worst thing is, if I report it, ncsoft wont take any action.

It is also the classes, there is 0 balance, some classes are like world bosses and some are not. You said "cast a spell", if you are a sorcerer don't accuse anything other than our class, our class is literally one they need to either revamp or completely delete from the game, we are a pre 6.0 class and we never got upgraded to 6.0+

There are also a ton of other things many people have gotten that make them even more powerful like imbued weapons, lunar weapons etc. You can't just get end game gear and start pvping, you have to get into the special items that might not even be available at the moment.

Archived