It's time

Kubei-DN

I've given the game a chance, for 2 months I've been grinding daily to get somewhere. Every day I logged in, did my dailies, did all possible quests and so on.

Had it not been for the events, I wouldn't any legendary transformation.

There's too many issues in the game, everything feels like a chore. There's just no way for a f2p player to get anywhere unless you have 12 alts or more, and I don't see anything worth where it would incentivize to continue, so back into hibernation I go. I've tried enchanting my stigmas, got only a few to +9, and that's using a main + alt from my second account. To get them near +15 is nigh impossible, and I don't even have a chance to get my Daevanion skills to +15. It's just not worth the effort. This is just one of the few issues I have, but there's so much more, like kinah cost on returning, kinah gain overall and the idiotic Experience Marks being hard to get as EXP gain is just as low. There's just too much RNG on the tiniest things. Ah yes, not to mention that PvP is absolute garbage, the gap in gears is too high, and I always get just 2 shot. Such a shame.

I will be waiting for Classic server, if it ever comes, that is. I hope it does because Russia is already getting it.

Best of luck lads.

Well, if you expected to advance all you stigmas and daevanion and become the top in pvp in 2 months starting from scratch, no wonder you are disappointed. I’m not going to convince you on anything, but many problems you report here are not so important as you present them. Enchanting daevanion is one of the most straightforward things in this game especially with the stormwing event going on. Enchanting and advancing stigmas was never as easy as it is now, with 100% enchants and, yes again, stormwing event. Getting the top pvp gear just requires some rng - otherwise go for Dark Talon, where all you need are enchants, which you can get, you know, stormwing event again. :D

there are many issues to complain about in this game, but none of what you are referring to.

No, the issue is not to get everything by 2 months, my main issue is the RNG and awful chances in enchanting and cost of everything. At times I feel punished for grinding a whole week only to not get what I expected. RNG kills the game, not the grind. I've played the game since 2015, some even from day 1 of its launch. The current state of game is laughably p2w and really not worth my effort. I was disappointed with 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 and I'm still disappointed now.

I farmed enough for 1 runestone and 3-4 gemstones, only to see just 1 fits my character, rest I managed to sell on broker. And then you have to enchant it? Ah yeah, those refining stones. I could go on and rant for more but I'm well aware a lot of people here aren't bothered by the current state of game.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

No, the issue is not to get everything by 2 months, my main issue is the RNG and awful chances in enchanting and cost of everything. At times I feel punished for grinding a whole week only to not get what I expected. RNG kills the game, not the grind. I've played the game since 2015, some even from day 1 of its launch. The current state of game is laughably p2w and really not worth my effort. I was disappointed with 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 and I'm still disappointed now.

I farmed enough for 1 runestone and 3-4 gemstones, only to see just 1 fits my character, rest I managed to sell on broker. And then you have to enchant it? Ah yeah, those refining stones. I could go on and rant for more but I'm well aware a lot of people here aren't bothered by the current state of game.

Getting gems and runes is SUPER easy - farm kinah by doing easy mode instances (any gear can do easy mode), sell gear from pf boxes for kinah and buy the shining gem from broker. Even on KT the prices can go as low as 40mil for shining - equivalent of around 15-20 pf boxes. Yorgos weapon dropped ? Sell it for 200 mil on broker - here you go. I’m sure that most of your problems is because you don’t know how to do things correctly. Try to ask your friends, legion, lfg, even here on the forum. You will see that most of things are much easier than you imagine.

10 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

At least 6.0 wasn't really p2w, but it's progressively gotten much more p2w after what felt like somewhat of a reset there in 6.0

I dunno i was a returning user with about 35 other people and the only ones who got full red PvP gear +15 was those who spent a few $1000. I guess it is subjective what p2w is depending on your own spending habits and what compensation you had from 5.X.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:14 PM, Kubei-DN said:

I will be waiting for Classic server

It's laughable when people complain about the current state of the game but somehow think Aion Classic is any better lmao.

Hmm, grind for months on end to acquire sub-par level PvP gear, spend a metric ton of kinah (which wasn't easily farmed back then) on buying green manastones only to realise that they all break if you fail just one... Only to then get absolutely dunked on by a magic boost sin. 

1 hour ago, Aelar-DN said:

It's laughable when people complain about the current state of the game but somehow think Aion Classic is any better lmao.

Hmm, grind for months on end to acquire sub-par level PvP gear, spend a metric ton of kinah (which wasn't easily farmed back then) on buying green manastones only to realise that they all break if you fail just one... Only to then get absolutely dunked on by a magic boost sin. 

You think manastones in 1.5 was bad?

Dude you made bank off balaur mat grinding back in the day, you trolling?

You're playing a version that's literally Russian roulette and you're dunking on MANASTONES? lmao...

10 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

Kinah is hard to obtain in KR but vin is right, Balaur materials sell for a lot especially bloods but in KR the issue was GL ever getting bloods after 1.5. The abyss is a PvP hot zone unlike the experience i had in NA if you are not grinding in a group down in the core you are not getting balaur materials.

This is the thing about Classic, You are going to have people who just want to PvP in groups of 1-2-3 down in the core killing people who are farming for AP, You are going to have groups farming down in the core because they want materials which is safety in numbers. Then on top of that you are going to have your own faction competing for these mobs as well. Since every other fortress will be taken that will be one of the major hotspots for the game so if you think you will be spending 12 hours grinding then think again it will be more like 2 hours of grinding and 10 hours of PvP. That is what made classic fun for those who want classic.

Classic = Rewarded for the effort you put in. If you put in low effort and are a bad player and refuse to group up then yes you will have a hard time obtaining anything of importance that will be worth Kinah in classic. The only way around effort part is if you buy AP from the other faction.

Retail = Rewarded for being around long enough participating in on-going events/good events to come around.

Ultimately it comes down to this, Classic = proactive gameplay, Retail = wait around long enough and you will eventually have items that you will never get to use anyways because no one does PvP or creates new groups for PvE.

Could also farm mats in beluslan.

I also use to make a crapton of kinah doing 3 dredg a day with my static. Horns were always worth a lot. Also I use to duo elites in Bakarma.

In NA back in the day I use to be able to farm the abyss a few rotations and pvp solo. In Korea the problem is that everyone who plays (12-15K) per server, all know what they're doing because it's not new. Whereas back during the early days people were a little more spread out and doing things less efficient. Its also way faster to level in classic than it was in release. There's also the problem of bots... tons of them. 6 man parties of bots clearing every zone.

The bots are such a problem that they're doing stigma shard events, I guess because people are struggling to get them..  lmao...

But yeah, I mean I was a noob back then and I still managed to get a 40 non-e set with full atk 5s.

Oh, and crafting was actually profitable back in 1.5. I use to craft that Lv45 attack speed gold dagger and so many people would buy it. In classic I assume it'll be less demanding though because people will actually know how to do every instance and actually (I assume) be able to kill the bosses.

I guess the key difference for NA vs Korea will be how much NCW actually invests in marketing the game, perhaps reaching out to streamers, doing twitch drop events etc... There's ways to populate a game these days that didn't exist when aion released, the question is, is the producer and director competent and willing enough to pull out all the stops. Having a lot of first timers vs mostly veterans would completely change the dynamic of aion's economy.

Both of your statements are really disingenuous. You cannot do an apples-to-apples comparison of Aion 1.5 to 7.9, nor can you give anecdotal evidence because not everyone shared the same experience or commitment.

If NCW wanted to market classic in the way Vinley has suggested, why wouldn't they not just do that for the more profitable, visually appealing version of the game that is retail? It certainly won't be that dull, retro coloured pallete that would draw in the crowds to classic. 

I would give classic a go if it released in NA. My beef with it is when people go around crying about how "hard", "p2w" or "rng" the current game is but somehow think Aion classic will be a massive improvement. If you are one of those people then you are simply delusional and there is no question about it.

In addition; Making claims that classic won't be "p2w" are silly. Although it is not mentioned here, it is something I have seen time and time again. There is nothing saying NC/NCW wouldn't milk a classic server dry by integrating BCM, and saying they wouldn't because "nostalgia" is comical. Even if you gave classic some level of credence to it working, NCW's team are clearly in disarray when it comes to managing Aion and expecting them to realiably split their time between two wildly different versions of the game and not screw it up is hazy at best.

I would love to revisit the old school days of Aion, when I owned that second-hand physical box with the 20 price stickers layered over the top of each other, decreasing in price. But I want the Aion that I've been playing for all these years to kinda.. Not die, I want it to get better and hopefully expand again, and the sooner this nonsensical fantasy of classic coming back nyerk's off, the better.

2 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

OK so first off, I never said Classic won't be P2W. At the moment, it isn't. It's also way harder to actually milk because there's not 500 items to offer on the BCNM for Stat progression. About the only thing they can do is try to sell manastones and enchant stones. And well, that's pretty unlikely to happen given their investment so far. They've already backtracked on tweaks because of community response in Korea, so far it looks pretty promising.

Secondly, I didn't do a comparison aside from commenting on your opinion on manastones. Aion in 4.0 was seen as P2W based solely off tempering. You realize now there's about 7 individual mechanics FAR WORSE than tempering, and literally ALL of it can, and in many cases must be bought off the BCNM. It's a joke.

Aion at one point had over 6m subscribers world wide. It's now down to about 400 players in NA, you really are naive enough to not blame that on game direction and P2W? NCSoft got out of control, and nobody but the most die hard fanboys still wasting their time and money on a dead game would defend it. You can't even get competitive in pvp anymore. It's literally not possible to get the best equipment without spending insane amounts of money and waiting around for events. I tried, it's just not possible. Don't even get me into the transformation bullshit. Literally ripped straight from mobile gotcha mechanics.

And finally. Those 7 million people know what aion has turned into. Follow a couple MMO subreddits or communities around whenever someone asks "is aion worth playing?" The game gets flamed hard every time. No amount of marketing is going to get people to play a well known cash grab that's been around for a decade. The only people left are people that have invested thousands and that still means something to them. No region anywhere, EU, Russia, KR, advertises live aion. Noone. Because it would be a pure waste of money. It takes anyone with brain cells to see a cash grab. Not to mention, if you're a new player, logging into an MMO for the first time; what is your reaction when you see 80 people logged on your faction during prime time? lol?

Classic looks fine, also, it already has the HD engine upgrade that live has. It even has exclusive skins that weren't around back then and they release more every week. It's also the 2.7 source code, so they can and will eventually upgrade a lot of things that did get upgraded already.

If someone doesn't care for Live and they wish for Classic then that is fine, its their opinion and that is all good no issues. No need to argue back and forth on a matter of opinion.

Playing in NA and also in KR it is a totally different experience. I also mean truly playing in Korea ie posting on the site and actually being apart of the community and experience the game and the community as a whole. Its a totally different feel than NA. Yes players in Korea complain on issues in the game but no where close to the way or things people here complain on. The community for Live if you ask questions on the site is actually pretty helpful and even in game and else they are likewise. This is faily different than the experience you have here. I played Classic for a month and decided it was not for me but I will say my month in Classic hitting 50 and running some instances and gearing was not that bad and there were a ton of people to play with and meet. Some of the people I knew quit and many I played with on Classic play still in Live so we can play there when they are bored on Classic. I have quite a few friends that I play regularly on Live with and I do see that the population doesn't seem like Classic but the server do accomodate larger number of players than Classic. The Live server is definetly larger than NA or even EU server by a very large margin. If you try to join Kata siege you still have issue of not being able to enter because there are too many players and they even increased the amount of players who can enter it. I can go to siege everyday for the season and struggle to get 3 star.

I guess to shorten all of people's game experience not only comes from the game but the community they play with as well. When you play with a poor community you outlook on the game will reflect that. NCwest has a lot of things to do to make the community better for NA but also the attitudes of a lot of players here also negatively impacts the game.

p.s KR actually does advertize Aion. Even 2 last years they had if I remember 2 or 3 commercials. In PC Bangs they do advertise both Live and Classic. Their social media's do post content fairly regularly and they do a lot of videos with content creators or behind the scenes type videos at NC.

13 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

In addition; Making claims that classic won't be "p2w" are silly. Although it is not mentioned here, it is something I have seen time and time again. There is nothing saying NC/NCW wouldn't milk a classic server dry by integrating BCM, and saying they wouldn't because "nostalgia" is comical. Even if you gave classic some level of credence to it working, NCW's team are clearly in disarray when it comes to managing Aion and expecting them to realiably split their time between two wildly different versions of the game and not screw it up is hazy at best.

Well the thing is they removed some p2w mechanics from classic already(which may come back in our regions), Example: Candies sold to the vendor for 100k ea that you bought from the cash shop, They now sell for 0 or w/e it is. They have a battle pass in which people bought 10-15 of them to get enough stones to +10 level 25 gold gear and have enough potions to level up from 0-50 with.

I fully expect them to add far more payment options in the cash shop but the reality is what else can they add? Enchant stones/manastones/gear. Legitimately the only 3 things they can add to the cash shop to make it p2w. Simply put unless they add new features to classic there is nothing to add. 

I did cover this in the petition post on the forums and one of the biggest ways they pushed players in to buying lots of battle passes was the nerf in kinah acquisition from grinding and that was down nearly 5x the original release of Aion which is a direct nerf to players who do not want to buy 10 maxed out battle passes.

I think everything will go according to their plans up until 2.7

But I afraid next from there they might skip 3.x entirely and go for 4.7(infamous unlimited enchantment) or just go 5.0 again xD
I think 3.0 is not much appeal to pvpers from 2.x or 1.x era it's kinda pve heaven.

I want them to redevelop 3.0 but we all know people love to choose easy way more.
Whatever they go 3.x 4.x or 5.x it can't be direct faithful of original version they needed to be altered.

How long I can resist gacha and mobile games ? o_O I don't know perhaps depend how Aion classic went after 2.7.

13 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I think everything will go according to their plans up until 2.7

But I afraid next from there they might skip 3.x entirely and go for 4.7(infamous unlimited enchantment) or just go 5.0 again xD
I think 3.0 is not much appeal to pvpers from 2.x or 1.x era it's kinda pve heaven.

I want them to redevelop 3.0 but we all know people love to choose easy way more.
Whatever they go 3.x 4.x or 5.x it can't be direct faithful of original version they needed to be altered.

How long I can resist gacha and mobile games ? o_O I don't know perhaps depend how Aion classic went after 2.7.

I had tons of fun in the eye in 3.X, although I had a great group of people to group and PvP with.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I did cover this in the petition post on the forums and one of the biggest ways they pushed players in to buying lots of battle passes was the nerf in kinah acquisition from grinding and that was down nearly 5x the original release of Aion which is a direct nerf to players who do not want to buy 10 maxed out battle passes.

Wasn't the kinah acquisition limit only for those playing with the F2P limitations? I think that was also a means to try and counter botting in KR. My guess is they probably don't have the staff, whether it be GMs, or support to accommodate such a huge increase in playerbase  from Classic. They have a looot of job postings atm. NCW has also posted contracting positions for translators and web designers recently. For a "AAA MMORPG" lol

1 hour ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Don't tempt them lol, this is the kind of thing someone says in a movie RIGHT before they find out how completely wrong they were

lmao.. it's so true, but, one thing to recognize that is a saving grace for the community is, aion is actually raking in huge profits FROM classic. Partly due to the optional battle pass but mostly just do to skins. NC has to realize if they keep the game F2P friendly, a game where you can actually get the best gear from time and investment rather than throwing money at it.

1 hour ago, Flatten-KT said:

I had tons of fun in the eye in 3.X, although I had a great group of people to group and PvP with.

The problem with eye map is it's very small and very hard to escape if you want to farm or do quests in peace. Even now I can't figure out how to use wind stream in eye xD

It would be better if they made sarpan as one sole pve map and redesign tia as pvp maps with reian guards actually do something if someone started a fight like shugo gaurds in danaria. Still tia is not such as a beautiful place but rather desert and empty(I mean the map itself not mobs). Main problem with aion maps was it always something desert and dead lands I don't know if it's still now. You know I can't convinced myself someone actually wants to live in Aion world when it's full of dreadful things. Just because it having wars it doesn't mean everything every place in the world has to be shit o_O

You have to make it believable that people(NPCs) can live in Aion world while conflict going on.

And yes please retire zombies we had enough of them in all fictions combined we don't want to see zombies anymore any time soon.

2 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

3.0 was actually my favorite patch personally. You could farm chests, you could farm golds and sellables solo, keymasters, the eye was absolutely amazing.. I was pvping and farming there right up until they removed it.

It was also the last patch with real viable pvp dailies. After that it turned to spamming blood marks once a week and the pvp was all about hopping in and out of circular safe zones...

I think sarpan was great for pve focused players, you could make solid money, and farm Kahruns, although I think there needed to be more reason to do them. 3.0 was a really balanced patch that had a little bit of everything, and they were only improving on the issues of it up until 4.0 release (eye lock and etc...)

3.0 was the first patch I actually got top end gear strictly from pvping and farming.

I did like Idian depths and stuff that came long after, personally. But there were so many problems with that patch and eventually that zone died because there wasn't enough to do, which is unfortunate, because it was an amazing zone to pvp in when you could find it.

9 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

Wasn't the kinah acquisition limit only for those playing with the F2P limitations? I think that was also a means to try and counter botting in KR. My guess is they probably don't have the staff, whether it be GMs, or support to accommodate such a huge increase in playerbase  from Classic. They have a looot of job postings atm. NCW has also posted contracting positions for translators and web designers recently. For a "AAA MMORPG" lol

No the kinah problem is for everyone and most if not 80% of the bots are on subs not f2p. The Korean players are not without fault as well but there is a lot of hostility between them and foreign players. Not just saying NA/EU players but also the CN botters. They are contantly complaining about these issues on the site. Honestly the people even broadcasters you can talk to while they stream will all tell you the same things. The reason why they play is because they have a group of friens to play with and can have fun. They can go on for hours about all the bad things in the game, obviously this is all too similar to how people talk about live or many past patches of Aion. Until NC just makes time to work on the promises they say the game will not get better it will remain the same we just got 1.7 but honestly no one cares the problems in the game are getting swept under the rug while they work on Live. 

Also on the comment of patches in general the concensus was 3.X being the favourite in Korea with 2.7 still beating 4.X. There are no plans at all so far for anything further so it wouldn't be anytime soon and with new update coming in a few week to Live there probably will be no big changes to Classic for a while since they just rolled out the full upper forts

@Kubei-DN what was possible in 6.x is impossible in 7.x, you can play a whole year and you will still be a 1~2 hit dummy for many players since playing the game is not enough to get the super end game things. Right now the game is so weird that only events matter.

~~~~

Every post ends up a clash on classic vs retail for the wrong reasons.

The comparison they do for classic vs retail has to do with the extra things we have in the whole 7.x patch. If enchanting and socketing is the issue in classic then right now we have worse RNG filters to pass through, and these are game breakers.

• Runes, higher Runes, Highest runes, enchanting runes, getting the right transform in runes, runestone slots on items
  • Gemstones, higher gemstones, highest gemstones, getting the right skill in gemstones, enchanting gemstones, gemstone slots on items

In the two above you might think it is just 4~5 things that are RNG, but no getting a shining gemstone for example might give you the wrong skill and/or class so effectively your luck on getting a shining is thrown out of the window by getting useless other RNG options based on it... each category multiplies every other category in randomness, the more RNG options there are the more exponentially the hardness of it ends up. Imagine getting a dazzling and iti s not for your class, or it doesn't have the skill you want

Then we also have

• Imbued weapons, heavenly weapons, paragon gear (I saw someone enchanting successfully a paragon bow to +9), glyphs, optional stats in every item, yornforge weapons.
  • Transforms (it is non linear to progress until we get an ulti promotion event)
  • High end instances being impossible to finish.
  • Cubicles, special cubicles, platinum cubicles.

ALL of the above are game changers and they either have no sure way of getting them by setting them as  goal or they are so hard to get that you might give up before you go there.

I can safely say 6.x was a million times better than 7.x but I can't speak of classic with such confidence since I haven't played it, but whatever has the least amount of RNG based important stuff sounds like a better option overall.

Archived