Weekly Server Maintenance - July 14, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

Weekly maintenance begins tomorrow starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and is expected to last approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. During this maintenance we will make the following changes:

• Double EXP Buff Event begins (7/14~7/21)
  • Various text and UI fixes.
  • Beatific Outfit and Hairpin have been added to the store.

The team continues to track issues we're seeing wide discussion on, such as faction imbalances and bots, and are discussing the best paths forward. Thanks for your support and continued feedback.

Just now, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Weekly maintenance begins tomorrow starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and is expected to last approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. During this maintenance we will make the following changes:

• Double EXP Buff Event begins (7/14~7/28)

The team continues to track issues we're seeing wide discussion on, such as faction imbalances and bots, and are discussing the best paths forward. Thanks for your support and continued feedback.

Thanks for keeping in touch Kibbelz  Is there away to use events and benefits to help individual servers?  If IS isn't a healthy server perhaps apply benefits.  But don't apply the same things to a healthy server like Siel.  We have a rich competitive atmosphere I think an unneccessary  buff or event could mess it up

6 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

Thanks for keeping in touch Kibbelz  Is there away to use events and benefits to help individual servers?  If IS isn't a healthy server perhaps apply benefits.  But don't apply the same things to a healthy server like Siel.  We have a rich competitive atmosphere I think an unneccessary  buff or event could mess it up

People shouldn't expect NCWest to even bother themselves regarding the imbalance. The previous topic about that has been unpinned, showing us that there's no plans for that.

• Aion Team
2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

People shouldn't expect NCWest to even bother themselves regarding the imbalance. The previous topic about that has been unpinned, showing us that there's no plans for that.

So, it is true that there are no current plans to implement character creation controls, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't seek to help maintain balance or re-implement controls if it proved necessary. I believe right now the plan is to continue waiting and see how things develop as we're still less than a month into launch.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

The previous topic has lost it's relevance, as the initial locks and such have come and gone. Further discussion in that thread would just get confused with what happened before the game even went live. For Israphel specifically, we've gone from Asmo creation being locked to now they have less players being online than the Elyos. That's a pretty big swing and the unpinned topic was already 7 pages big...all mostly filled with out of date information and context. In the first post, Kibbelz mentioned faction imbalance, meaning they are seeing the discussion and they understand it's an issue. Going and saying they aren't going to bother themselves with it isn't going to help the cause at all. 

Waiting and see what will happen is the worst thing imho.

The imbalance will become even greater. I hope we get some new asmodian fellas with the exp event. Maybe some from Siel want to switch and startover?

Sadly through the exp Event which starts now my whole guild on Ish Asmo Side decide its the best time to just swap to Siel Server :( I`m scared that soon the Server Isph on Asmodian Side will just be death cause right now the Elyos there just overrun the less Asmo we`ve got here (especially Siege and Abyss) 

11 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Weekly maintenance begins tomorrow starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and is expected to last approximately 2 hours 30 minutes.

A minor thing: Server maintenance is at 11am UTC and has been since Classic launch.

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Waiting and see what will happen is the worst thing imho.

The imbalance will become even greater. I hope we get some new asmodian fellas with the exp event. Maybe some from Siel want to switch and startover?

Who the f*** in their right mind would swap from the populated to the dead server??

From the dominated to the weaker faction, I can understand that, but the previous?

11 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

When will we start seeing additional skins in the Quna shop? Presently the Russian Aion service has every available cosmetic for sale at all times but both the Quna and BCM are totally barren of anything worth buying.

I know we still have skins up to 4.0 in the game files because you see them at character creation on classic.

4 hours ago, Donutdude said:

I very much appreciate the inclusion of the UTC time zone.  As a European (Brit) playing Aion Classic here, it feels nice to be included.  Absolutely loving it - feel just as giddy now as I did way back in 2009.

If only they could get the times right though ! the server went on maintenance at 11:00 UTC .

22 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

If only they could get the times right though ! the server went on maintenance at 11:00 UTC .

Something to do with their daylight savings I think, because they post the correct time for part of the year, well they use to.

10 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Something to do with their daylight savings I think, because they post the correct time for part of the year, well they use to.

Nah they just copy paste the same thing every week. Their twitter team is using a conversion tool which is accurate so Kibbelz could use that maybe ? https://everytimezone.com/ . Timezones are not for everyone but if you going to include the information at least put some effort to use the correct one. After all this is 1 of the 5 weekly posts cant be that hard.

2 hours ago, Venemys said:

Sadly through the exp Event which starts now my whole guild on Ish Asmo Side decide its the best time to just swap to Siel Server :( I`m scared that soon the Server Isph on Asmodian Side will just be death cause right now the Elyos there just overrun the less Asmo we`ve got here (especially Siege and Abyss) 

I can say the same for the Siel server, Asmo over runs the Elyos side frequently... very frequently. Near to the point you can't do quests at all in Heiron to level up, and yes it is part of what this game is about and why I like it/hate it lol. Once you make a character on 1 server you should not be able  to switch server/make characters on a diff server. If you wanted to switch, you would need a change/reset ticket and loose the characters on the other server. Of course for some people this is a non issue but most probably would not go for it. Server hopping only leads to a server merger to resolve this in the future, I hope not.

1 hour ago, Roniya said:

I can say the same for the Siel server, Asmo over runs the Elyos side frequently... very frequently. Near to the point you can't do quests at all in Heiron to level up, and yes it is part of what this game is about and why I like it/hate it lol. Once you make a character on 1 server you should not be able  to switch server/make characters on a diff server. If you wanted to switch, you would need a change/reset ticket and loose the characters on the other server. Of course for some people this is a non issue but most probably would not go for it. Server hopping only leads to a server merger to resolve this in the future, I hope not.

The rifting in Eltnen on Siel is also a problem, very hard to do quests. I have been leveling on the repeat quests in Theobomos instead. The rifts in Eltnen appear too frequently, needs to be a far longer interval between them to let it die down.

1 hour ago, Roniya said:

maybe because you havent seen the other side of this,  you cant rift either way.  i've tried every rift multiple times into eltnen and its always camped by level 40's.  we also have a ton of elyos that sit in low level areas ganking our lowbies in full groups.  it seems pretty even to me.  you just dont see the other side.

14 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Any plans to input the Quest item cube anytime soon & also does the buff apply to AP as well?

• Aion Team
9 hours ago, Hestia said:

EXP event until the 21st, now it's until the 28th

Did you decide to do 2 weeks of the event? or is it just a mistake

I think just a mistake in the notes I was given. Checking to make sure but for now I updated back to one week.

3 hours ago, Ikarus said:

Any plans to input the Quest item cube anytime soon & also does the buff apply to AP as well?

Not that I have heard of yet, sorry

35 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I think just a mistake in the notes I was given. Checking to make sure but for now I updated back to one week.

Not that I have heard of yet, sorry

Please can we get some pets that's not 30 days and don't run out, I love collecting pets 

Archived