Aion 1.9 -SPECIAL- KR Update

Bip

Since no one posted here yet and I think this is a very good update overall. 

From what I could gather we will get the following:
- 1v1 Arena for lvls 46-50;
- 10 men "chaos arena" for lvls 46-50;
- 6v6 new Dredgion-like PvPvE zone for lvls 46-50 (a bit different, but same concept).

SURE, they are reutilizing moster skins and assets, still new zones and kinda new content, which shows they are, to some extent, redeveloping a few things that were missing on classic.

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=1153530

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Alvie said:

We might see it in 6mths.

Yay. First negative comment. Who's next?

I know it will take time for us to see it in NA. Do you haev any usefull comments on the content?

Just now, NimOG said:

Cool. Lots of people are still leveling though cause we missed the 100% exp buff. Not really ready for patches yet, in my opinion.

It will take at least 6 months for that. But we should be getting 1.5 very soon.

Just now, Irishman said:

they'll probably charge us a DLC type fee to unlock the content

Wow! Who'd guess? Negativity. Next?

3 minutes ago, Bip said:

Yay. First negative comment. Who's next?

I know it will take time for us to see it in NA. Do you haev any usefull comments on the content?

That's not negative, if you pay attention to patch releases we get them roughly 6mths. after Korea. Remember that they have to be converted to English including the voice overs.

2 minutes ago, Alvie said:

That's not negative, if you pay attention to patch releases we get them roughly 6mths. after Korea. Remember that they have to be converted to English including the voice overs. There is a whole new PvP nstance to convert to English.

41 minutes ago, Bip said:

Since no one posted here yet and I think this is a very good update overall. 

From what I could gather we will get the following:
- 1v1 Arena for lvls 46-50;
- 10 men "chaos arena" for lvls 46-50;
- 6v6 new Dredgion-like PvPvE zone for lvls 46-50 (a bit different, but same concept).

SURE, they are reutilizing moster skins and assets, still new zones and kinda new content, which shows they are, to some extent, redeveloping a few things that were missing on classic.

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=1153530

Thoughts?

The new dredgion style instance sounds pretty cool. I'm excited for that. The arenas sound like the 2.7 arenas repurposed for 1.9 with different rewards (because IIRC it used to provide nice 55 PvP gear via those tokens).

5 minutes ago, Leiloni said:

The new dredgion style instance sounds pretty cool. I'm excited for that. The arenas sound like the 2.7 arenas repurposed for 1.9 with different rewards (because IIRC it used to provide nice 55 PvP gear via those tokens).

Yes, that's exactly my thoughts. And honestly, I think it's a good thing that they are not introducing Crucible-like equipment this early.

Will see what happens!

9 hours ago, Aaabatery said:

I hope it comes with some kind of balance. 6 PvE geared asmos x 6 full PvP +15 elys will not be fun if allowed.

Or you could just re-roll on SL and be get to 50 then be geared faster than most elyos on the server and you can be the 6 full +15 geared asmo's vs PvE geared elyos

The new instance looks cool can not wait to see some KR streams on it. If they have many players left other than bots that is.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Or you could just re-roll on SL

Suggestions like this (and the thought process that fuels them) are exactly why server balance becomes so awful.

"It's a little bit rough right now so just give up and start over on easy mode, so that the people on the opposing faction who are having it rough will have it even worse, and then they'll do the same thing I did until eventually each server is entirely dominated by one faction."

Some people grew up being taught winning is more important than anything else, and it shows.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Or you could just re-roll on SL and be get to 50 then be geared faster than most elyos on the server and you can be the 6 full +15 geared asmo's vs PvE geared elyos

The new instance looks cool can not wait to see some KR streams on it. If they have many players left other than bots that is.

They are opening a new server too. I think they are OK.

Sounds like a lot of new players here. Let me be clear and blunt. If you don't like PvP, you will not like Dredgion. It literally forces you to fight while doing tasks. I LOVE and LIVED in Dredgion back in 09-2010. And as geared as the Elyos and Asmodians are now compared to back then, we are ALL in for a very rough, very different experience. Expecting to see Tahabata Weapons quicker than usual too. More than likely it will be the higher Ranked guilds that will get those S rank Tahabata Runs First. Prepare your nyerkholes for Epic Tahabata Weapons getting shoved right up in there.......A LOT.

I'm open to the new content, I think it mostly sounds positive/faithful-ish to OG Aion instance design but only time will tell. I guess I'm a little wary of their (NC's) willingness to pick up the pen, so to speak, so early in the patch progression. On the one hand, more PvP content is nice and will give people more to do on that front if it's done well but if they release original content that is awful or provides new types of gear etc. we're going to run into big problems. From what I gathered from the translated notes we aren't dealing with new gear (outside a belt similar to Lakhane's from Dredge) so it mostly seems fine.

I was hoping we'd see more content added after we hit the end of the 2.x cycle but we'll see how this goes. Someone link some KR footage when it goes live!

1 hour ago, Fest-DN said:

I'm open to the new content, I think it mostly sounds positive/faithful-ish to OG Aion instance design but only time will tell. I guess I'm a little wary of their (NC's) willingness to pick up the pen, so to speak, so early in the patch progression. On the one hand, more PvP content is nice and will give people more to do on that front if it's done well but if they release original content that is awful or provides new types of gear etc. we're going to run into big problems. From what I gathered from the translated notes we aren't dealing with new gear (outside a belt similar to Lakhane's from Dredge) so it mostly seems fine.

I was hoping we'd see more content added after we hit the end of the 2.x cycle but we'll see how this goes. Someone link some KR footage when it goes live!

I like this version of classic more tbh. And I sure love new content. Hope it's good.

17 hours ago, Aaabatery said:

I hope it comes with some kind of balance. 6 PvE geared asmos x 6 full PvP +15 elys will not be fun if allowed.

What about the scenario where half  your  group is AFK like in QE Dredge?

Doesn't matter how good your gear is.

8 minutes ago, Alvie said:

If they are enforcing no repeats in SR they better be enforcing no AFK in dredge and ban people who afk in dredge like they use to.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

If they are enforcing no repeats in SR they better be enforcing no AFK in dredge and ban people who afk in dredge like they use to.

Then there'd simply be nobody in the queue. Reality is, the utter lack of real queue system makes afking a part of life. There'll be a handful of premades that steamroll everything, a handful of randoms that premade and have a chance, meanwhile the majority of randoms that queued who will know if it's a W or L the moment the groups are formed. 
With the state of the current servers it'll be worse than ever, IS-A will be all afk groups and Siel-E will be all afk groups.

6 hours ago, Alvie said:

That's why I said some kind of balance.

Of course back in the days a PUG was more likely to AFK in dredge than fight a premade. And of course people were more likely to AFK in dredge when they saw the oposite team had PvP gear and they don't. There were means to balance at that time? Yes. Where they implemented? No.

I'm sure the kind of balance I'm asking here will never happen and new instance might be Dredge 2.0, but one can dream.

8 hours ago, Alvie said:

5 hours ago, 5sDBD6B-DN said:

Then there'd simply be nobody in the queue. Reality is, the utter lack of real queue system makes afking a part of life. There'll be a handful of premades that steamroll everything, a handful of randoms that premade and have a chance, meanwhile the majority of randoms that queued who will know if it's a W or L the moment the groups are formed. 
With the state of the current servers it'll be worse than ever, IS-A will be all afk groups and Siel-E will be all afk groups.

2 hours ago, Aaabatery said:

That's why I said some kind of balance.

Of course back in the days a PUG was more likely to AFK in dredge than fight a premade. And of course people were more likely to AFK in dredge when they saw the oposite team had PvP gear and they don't. There were means to balance at that time? Yes. Where they implemented? No.

I'm sure the kind of balance I'm asking here will never happen and new instance might be Dredge 2.0, but one can dream.

There is no other way to TRY and create some balance without a gearscore afaik. And it would have to be a gearscore that saves your highest gearscore ever equiped or else people would be able to fake it equiping a less powerfull equipment. If there is, please do share.

8 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

They are not doing that. Kibbelz already clarified it here:

55 minutes ago, Bip said:

There is no other way to TRY and create some balance without a gearscore afaik. And it would have to be a gearscore that saves your highest gearscore ever equiped or else people would be able to fake it equiping a less powerfull equipment. If there is, please do share.

DCUO has a gearscore system, based on the current gear you have. Once you enter you can't exchange. If you queue and change, queue is removed.

That's one way. But it's a hard thing to do, I myself doubt we'll ever see some kind of balance in Aion.

11 minutes ago, Aaabatery said:

DCUO has a gearscore system, based on the current gear you have. Once you enter you can't exchange. If you queue and change, queue is removed.

That's one way. But it's a hard thing to do, I myself doubt we'll ever see some kind of balance in Aion.

It's not hard at all to implement a gearscore oO.

In my gear comparison spreadsheet, I use the following gear score (made up by me, but primarly based on manastones) to order gear pieces from strongest to weakest:

numbers are 1 in x, meaning number of stat points in a particular stats to be 1 gear score point. Lower number means each point of stat is worth more gear score points:

Base stats:

min_damage 6.7
max_damage 6.7
magical_skill_boost 27
attack_range 1
hit_accuracy 27
magical_hit_accuracy 14
critical 17
parry 27
physical_defend 50
dodge 17
magical_resist 14
block 27
damage_reduce 1

Bonus stats: (For percentage values such as run/attack/cast speeds, enmity bosst, and PvP attack/defense, 10 stat = 1%)
phyattack 5
maxhp 95
critical 17
hitaccuracy 27
parry 27
maxmp 95
attackdelay 1
magicalskillboost 27
magicalhitaccuracy 14
magicalcritical 17
magicalattack 5
boostcastingtime 1
dodge 17
maxfp 7
flyspeed 1
magicalresist 14
physicaldefend 50
elementaldefendfire 12
block 27
healskillboost 3
speed 1
boosthate 100
concentration 10
elementaldefendwater 12
elementaldefendearth 12
elementaldefendair 12
arpoison 10
arbleed 10
arparalyze 10
arsleep 10
arroot 10
arblind 10
archarm 10
ardisease 10
arsilence 10
arfear 10
arcurse 10
arconfuse 10
arstun 10
arperification 10
arstumble 10
arstagger 10
aropenareial 10
arsnare 10
arslow 10
arspin 10
magicalcriticalreducerate 10
magicalcriticaldamagereduce 10
physicalcriticalreducerate 10
physicalcriticaldamagereduce 10
magical_resist 14
pvpattackratio 3
pvpdefendratio 3
paralyze_arp 10
silence_arp 10

But if this is implemented, changing equipments should not be allowed while inside any PvP instance with gear score matchmaking (arenas and battlegrounds)

Or alternatively calculate gear score from the highest scoring gear piece the character is carrying (equipped, inventory, or pets). Warehouse manager not accessible while matchmaking.

Archived