So after 1 week ban ap traders come back with their ap items?

SongBRewer-KT

1 hour ago, SongBRewer-KT said:

@KibbelzYou can confirm that all players who were banned for a week had all their AP items removed ??

I have seen many who were lost for a week come back as if nothing happened 😡

I heard they were stripped of AP gear except their weapon combine... I guess NCsoft doesn't know about that feature in their OWN game.

56 minutes ago, Crush said:

I heard they were stripped of AP gear except their weapon combine... I guess NCsoft doesn't know about that feature in their OWN game.

Na they lost every single AP item even AP pots, basically naked character with PVE weapon

6 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Log in after a week and the first thing I see is someone with a Silence Godstone on their weapon.

...So yeah..

giphy.gif

you know they drop from Fortress repeatables right? aswell as normal mobs in the world above lvl 40. people have had godstones since week 2

14 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Foxymelody:
What is this supposed to tell us?

All AP items obtained during or after AP trading commenced have been deleted from accounts of alleged AP traders. The necklace and earring were likely obtained prior to the supposed trading, and the PVP weapon combine they don’t seem to know what to do.

4 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Sab:
If a random cropped screenshot of a mostly stripped character without any description who fits that narrative is proof for you, so be it.

I know the guy. They stripped his AP items after a 1 week ban. If you don’t browse other threads to know this, so be it.

1 minute ago, Stormwing said:

@Sab:
If you spread relevant information to other threads so be it.

Are you saying that you do not believe his gear was removed for a AP trading?

his entire legion is in the forums trying to appeal the punishment.

@Sab:
I did not write such a thing at all. I wrote that a "NO" together with that picture does not proof anything to me. If people feel like sharing information they should provide all relevant parts of it in the post they make. I can just post a picutre of a character in full gear and write "YES" as well.

As a sidenote: if that person traded abyss points they should have removed all abyss gear parts, including the combined weapon and not just the ones which allegedly were made by trading.

2 hours ago, Stormwing said:

@Sab:
I did not write such a thing at all. I wrote that a "NO" together with that picture does not proof anything to me. If people feel like sharing information they should provide all relevant parts of it in the post they make. I can just post a picutre of a character in full gear and write "YES" as well.

As a sidenote: if that person traded abyss points they should have removed all abyss gear parts, including the combined weapon and not just the ones which allegedly were made by trading.

I interpreted what you said as though ‘my’ comment is proof of nothing, as if he wasn’t punished for allegedly AP trading.

If the investigation was thorough enough to determine which gear was legitimately purchased that’s good enough for me.

The combine seems like an oversight. I don’t think they know how to best handle it.

People saying that all people who are guilty of AP trading should have ALL of their ill gotten gear stripped are right.

But I don't agree with stripping that same character of legitimately/fairly acquired AP gear before they started AP trading. They got gear fair and square before they started trading. They should at least keep that gear.

Just trying to be fair here and playing devil's advocate.

5 hours ago, Demigo said:

People saying that all people who are guilty of AP trading should have ALL of their ill gotten gear stripped are right.

But I don't agree with stripping that same character of legitimately/fairly acquired AP gear before they started AP trading. They got gear fair and square before they started trading. They should at least keep that gear.

Idk. I think they should be perma banned tbh. If you don't want to be banned, don't use exploits. Simple as that.

Then ofc we have the wrongful bans, which is another subject.

1 hour ago, Knk said:

Idk. I think they should be perma banned tbh. If you don't want to be banned, don't use exploits. Simple as that.

Then ofc we have the wrongful bans, which is another subject.

Can we truly say there have been any wrongful bans? People lie. People also break rules they may not have known existed.

28 minutes ago, Knk said:

Yeah, sure. Whatever dude. Everyone is a liar. Peace! :)

I give you alternative viewpoints on multiple topics and your replies are childish at best. I guess I’m done trying to converse with you. 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, Demigo said:

When someone in a real sports competition uses performance enhancing drugs or doping, they don't just reset their score/time to what it would have been if they hadn't been cheating. They disqualify the person completely. This is how it should work. Not saying they should be perma banned, but stripping all ap items makes sense. If you're not going to follow the rules of the game then you can't leverage those rules for your own benefit when it suits you. If you act in bad faith within a particular system then you forfeit the right to actively participate in said system as a respected and recognised member of it. 

Besides, once you've traded ap, there isn't a clear line between legitimate and illegitimate. Let's say they ap traded for a bunch of gear then did pvp for some of their other gear. How much of their success in said pvp, and therefore ability to gain ap "legitimately", was due to the gear they've obtained from ap trading? LIkely a lot. You can't really draw a clear line. 

Lastly, there needs to be an actual punishment for this stuff. Merely stripping gear gained from ap trading and nothing else isn't really a punishment. That would be like if a thief robbed a bank, and the government just said "well give us back the money you took then you're free to go". That's not how it works. They have to serve time in prison or else there's no real deterrent to stop other people robbing banks too. 

9 hours ago, Nishe said:

When someone in a real sports competition uses performance enhancing drugs or doping, they don't just reset their score/time to what it would have been if they hadn't been cheating. They disqualify the person completely. This is how it should work. Not saying they should be perma banned, but stripping all ap items makes sense. If you're not going to follow the rules of the game then you can't leverage those rules for your own benefit when it suits you. If you act in bad faith within a particular system then you forfeit the right to actively participate in said system as a respected and recognised member of it. 

Besides, once you've traded ap, there isn't a clear line between legitimate and illegitimate. Let's say they ap traded for a bunch of gear then did pvp for some of their other gear. How much of their success in said pvp, and therefore ability to gain ap "legitimately", was due to the gear they've obtained from ap trading? LIkely a lot. You can't really draw a clear line. 

Lastly, there needs to be an actual punishment for this stuff. Merely stripping gear gained from ap trading and nothing else isn't really a punishment. That would be like if a thief robbed a bank, and the government just said "well give us back the money you took then you're free to go". That's not how it works. They have to serve time in prison or else there's no real deterrent to stop other people robbing banks too. 

For what it is worth, it seems nearly every single person punished ended up quitting anyways.

Most of them even charged back all their purchases which results in a perma ban regardless.

at least on Israphel I can’t think of a single person who has played since getting their gear stripped.

Archived