@Kibbelz @Loki This is the most tone-deaf event we've had since the 7.7 daeva dash event (pre-rewards patch). This is an 8.0 event which barely has any goods past 7.5.

Where are the: (7.5)

1. Refining Stones.
2. Sanctity Potions.
3. Experience Marks.

Where are the: (8.0)
1. Oath Tablets/Crystals.
2. Io/ Io Crystals.
3. Wrap Scrolls.
4. Experience Marks.

Instead we have Titan Coins; an outdated currency which cannot be traded at ANY remaining vendor in the game. On top of all of that, the 1200 BC Coin legendary contract has been nerfed from 2 purchases per account to 1. To what end? Why actively make this event worse than last year and provide no reward changes whatsoever?

Use this thread to provide your own feedback and constructive suggestions; we've seen before with Daeva Dash that NCW can change the rewards of an event mid-event following community feedback, so give all your disappointment and feedback to this thread and maybe we'll see the Pumpking Haunt made relevant and worth participating in and spending on.

17 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Kibbelz @Loki This is the most tone-deaf event we've had since the 7.7 daeva dash event (pre-rewards patch). This is an 8.0 event which barely has any goods past 7.5.

1. Refining Stones.
2. Sanctity Potions.
3. Experience Marks.

2. Io/ Io Crystals.
3. Wrap Scrolls.
4. Experience Marks.

Instead we have Titan Coins; an outdated currency which cannot be traded at ANY remaining vendor in the game. On top of all of that, the 1200 BC Coin legendary contract has been nerfed from 2 purchases per account to 1. To what end? Why actively make this event worse than last year and provide no reward changes whatsoever?

Use this thread to provide your own feedback and constructive suggestions; we've seen before with Daeva Dash that NCW can change the rewards of an event mid-event following community feedback, so give all your disappointment and feedback to this thread and maybe we'll see the Pumpking Haunt made relevant and worth participating in and spending on.

@AriaTheMelodious-DN You pretty much nailed it.  I am ashamed for NCW to have kept ruining this game over and over. I just don't understand when would they learn and for once listen to the community and do a better job. Everyone is so sick and tired of these kind of events that offer nothing new. NCW, you just literally copied and pasted from last year, at least you could add some new rewards based on 8.0 Patch. 

39 minutes ago, Sedulicious-DN said:

you just literally copied and pasted from last year

It's even worse than copy and paste because they nerfed the purchaseable contracts; LITERALLY making this version less rewarding. At least if we had a full copy and paste then we'd have the option to buy two contracts for 1200 coin each, but no ._.

• Aion Team

@AriaTheMelodious-DN While there are definitely concerns in here that I can't address without checking with the team, I can at least share that you helped me uncover an error in the live version of the article. This error has been fixed, and I'm noting the changes made below:

• 1200 BC Coin Legendary Contract -> Limit 2/account
  • Legendary Transformation Bundle -> Limit 4/account

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be sure to mention your comment about Titan Coins with the game team, and will continue to investigate how we can improve event rewards.

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

@AriaTheMelodious-DN While there are definitely concerns in here that I can't address without checking with the team, I can at least share that you helped me uncover an error in the live version of the article. This error has been fixed, and I'm noting the changes made below:

• 1200 BC Coin Legendary Contract -> Limit 2/account
  • Legendary Transformation Bundle -> Limit 4/account

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be sure to mention your comment about Titan Coins with the game team, and will continue to investigate how we can improve event rewards.

Thanks for at least fixing that, but ultimately that just brings this event to a complete copy and paste of last year. We're all hoping for a mid-event patch (like we saw with the Animal Race/Daeva Dash in 7.7) to update the rewards so that the event is actually relevant to the times and not hideously outdated.

• Aion Team
2 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Thanks for at least fixing that, but ultimately that just brings this event to a complete copy and paste of last year. We're all hoping for a mid-event patch (like we saw with the Animal Race/Daeva Dash in 7.7) to update the rewards so that the event is actually relevant to the times and not hideously outdated.

Absolutely understand. I had already brought this concern up with the game team, in addition to the desire to re-offer the Harvest Revel / Hanbok Pixel transformations. I'll be sure to echo those concerns once again as I've seen numerous comments of this nature of late.

4 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

1. Refining Stones.
2. Sanctity Potions.
3. Experience Marks.

2. Io/ Io Crystals.
3. Wrap Scrolls.
4. Experience Marks.

But wait, you can still use titan coins to get an OP pve buff… where ? … in Inggison !!!!! why ? …. probably to help us farm 50 mobs for luna.

Thank you NC for such an awesome reward.

8 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Absolutely understand. I had already brought this concern up with the game team, in addition to the desire to re-offer the Harvest Revel / Hanbok Pixel transformations. I'll be sure to echo those concerns once again as I've seen numerous comments of this nature of late.

Thanks @Kibbelz. For reference, here are some of the modernized 8.0 rewards from the EU version of the Pumpkin King event. They include:

• S rank minions (necessary in multiples for SS rank minions introduced in 7.7 -- VERY difficult for new/returning players to earn).
  • Dazzling Gemstone Selection boxes.
  • A Harvest Revel Transformation Selection box (offering your choice of the four Halloween themed transformations.)
  • An Oath Tablet (fresh and relevant 8.0 content item, and needed in high supply).

BLCXXLX.png

I understand that the Legendary Transform box might not be ideal since you want people to pay the BC Coin for it, so might I suggest: adding the "[Event] Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types)"  [item: 188076633] to appease the very upset majority who were expecting this literally-seasonal event which has apparently been cancelled this year; locking players out of collections and special skills indefinitely.

It's a two-for-one deal; a great way to help fix this out of touch event AND give the players the resources they have been waiting for (and expecting) all year long :)

12 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

1. Refining Stones.
2. Sanctity Potions.
3. Experience Marks.

2. Io/ Io Crystals.
3. Wrap Scrolls.
4. Experience Marks.

we dont need wrap scrolls !! it will kill the patch!! 
we preffer to get wraps with the npc

13 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Thanks @Kibbelz. For reference, here are some of the modernized 8.0 rewards from the EU version of the Pumpkin King event. They include:

• S rank minions (necessary in multiples for SS rank minions introduced in 7.7 -- VERY difficult for new/returning players to earn).
  • Dazzling Gemstone Selection boxes.
  • A Harvest Revel Transformation Selection box (offering your choice of the four Halloween themed transformations.)
  • An Oath Tablet (fresh and relevant 8.0 content item, and needed in high supply).

BLCXXLX.png

I understand that the Legendary Transform box might not be ideal since you want people to pay the BC Coin for it, so might I suggest: adding the "[Event] Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 types)"  [item: 188076633] to appease the very upset majority who were expecting this literally-seasonal event which has apparently been cancelled this year; locking players out of collections and special skills indefinitely.

It's a two-for-one deal; a great way to help fix this out of touch event AND give the players the resources they have been waiting for (and expecting) all year long :)

I think you nailed with every post you made, Aria. These type of rewards would actually make a difference for both old AND new players, plus this will not be harmful in profit for the company. Instead, this a solid good reason to attract more players aswell as keeping the old ones happy. Can this be passed to the team, please? @Kibbelz@Loki

the +12 stigmas and transform contract are the only thing that are nice but after we move from that the rest is just empty same old skins and outdated item it would have been nice if we had gotten new Halloween skins i noticed other aion got a new SKINN why can't we also get new stuff and anniversary was also copy paste from other aions and it was nerfed so how can it they can nerf with it being the same as other Aion's but when other aion's  get new nice items as rewards for an event we get an old copy paste rewards that does not seem logic at all and really unfair so i would love to see nicer rewards for this Halloween event to come  because come on!!! its Halloween we need enjoyment and spooky fun stuff, its a celebration AION not a ruined party we NEED to have fun all night, so that was my 2 cents on this. Conclusion is that we need  updated rewards that are nice and good for everyone to enjoy a great holiday.

A majority of these rewards are practically useless for veteran players. The addition of the Kerub gear and progress improvement in 8.0 were really nice for new players (good to increase numbers); but the rewards and addition of these events do not line-up with 8.0 content and do very little to keep veteran players.

8.0 patch so far is meh, mainly because of the NPC that sells the wrap scrolls to trade gear (that is similar to BT box but on steroids, on top of the weekly limits). I understand, and i am sure other players may as well, that we should not be able to get end-game gear in a week but come on...

Coming home from work/real-life duties only to do tedious quests for a minuscule chance at usable gear ends up taking 2-3 hours. It is starting to feel like a second job. Don't get me started on the exp marks... The Forest of Illusion was nice because we could AFK farm exp for exp. marks. The costs of marks required to buy things starts to add up. 30 exp marks for 1 wrap, a NPC limit, number of scrolls required per piece, Oath stones, etc. Who in their right mind wants to run around doing all of the legion quests (outside of the armor boxes) in Asparanta JUST for exp all week ?! I sure as heck don't.

The events have been disappointing. I started Aion in 2009 up until 2013 and started playing again in January (2021). The transformation system was a major slap to the face when I returned. New content and improvements to the game keep players and even attract new ones. But what will actually keep the numbers static? Adding new events that are actually relevant to the current patch; or even old events with UPDATED rewards.

Lastly... WHY are different versions of Aion getting better events and rewards than this version? (not counting private servers)

It's a business after all... So don't you want to keep players around? I have no business background but I do have common sense.

Event definitely needs a rework,  there is no reason we should be getting the same things as last year. Personally the changes I would like to see would be as followed,

Great pumpkin bundle: leave the Halloween themed items and rune as a random chance, and remove the rest. Instead give Event coin bundles*. Key word being *bundles* so we can put them in our account warehouse to amass them on one character if someone wants to say buy the legendary transform. But in general Event coins add a lot of flexibility to this event, allowing us to buy what we want from a vendor we currently can't use.

Candy galaxy bundle:

replace the stigma stone with 100% stone

Replace Rank 2 minion with s rank 

Add refining stones, sanctity potions, oath stones, daevanion essence.

Gourmet candy bundle:

Add stigma enchantment stone x3 or 5

Add daevanion skill selection box 10 type

Replace the rank 2 minion with rank 4

daevanion essence would be nice here too.

These change will let us get value from the event coin npc, get high value rewards from a rng box or get good items from a selection bundle. Please improve our event.

With the re-edited purchase limits, the only significant change I'm seeing is that if you buy the 6400 BCC bundle four times, you get a guaranteed Halloween transformation contract. That price is... bafflingly steep. I could see some crazies going for that promotion if it was a guaranteed or selectable Ultimate, but it's just the Harvest Revel transforms so I don't really understand. 

I'm also super confused by the copy/paste announcement because Kibbelz kept telling us the team was hard at work on the Harvest Revel event and passing along our feedback, and that's why it was running late this year.  Was that just an absolute lie?? I always got the impression that Kibbelz and Loki actually cared about Aion, but more and more we're heading right back into the disinterested and disconnected Cyan and Hime territory. Even experience marks or Berdin stars would be better than Titan Coins, one of the most out of touch rewards I've seen in quite a while. It'd be like giving us Blood Marks and Medals again, that just isn't a valid currency anymore you guys. 

And yeah I understand not wanting to give out uber goodies- I'm not expecting selectable Fighting Spirit gear boxes, as much as I want to be freed from RNG hell- but anything relevant to the current patch would be an improvement! Even little things like the new crafting materials or holy waters or oath tablets. Or if NC is determine to give out a currency like Titan Coins, give us experience marks? 

We've also had the same selection of skins for multiple years running- shiny new cosmetics do a lot to placate the community. Hint hint wink wink.

So yes, please release an event alongside this or update the rewards list. 

9 hours ago, GenericUser47172 said:

Are they seriously still putting the titan coins as a reward in the event? in the game they no longer exist, you should change it for something that really helps us in this version.

Inggison / Gelkmaros fortress sieges. Use it to gain 150 PvE attack.

1 hour ago, Haniya-DN said:

And yeah I understand not wanting to give out uber goodies- I'm not expecting selectable Fighting Spirit gear boxes, as much as I want to be freed from RNG hell-

In 8.2, extracting Fighting Spirit armor will have a chance to get a new material item, which is used for crafting Fighting Spirit armor box (1 random piece of your class).

Level 100 Sacred Relic reward is a selectable Fighting Spirit weapon box.

Level 300 Sacred Relic reward is a selectable Fighting Spirit armor box.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:17 AM, GenericUser47172 said:

I don't know, maybe they could put it 1 per character per week.

Chiki just wants to grief ungeared players.   We have gotten to a point a lot of the whales have eaten each other or moved on to different seas so he doesnt have many frenemies left. 

Wraps are currently needed and should be added to events.    But this event has been a train wreck from the start.  I guess I should just be thankful they at least made the exp marks 10 instead of 1.  

5 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

Chiki just wants to grief ungeared players.   We have gotten to a point a lot of the whales have eaten each other or moved on to different seas so he doesnt have many frenemies left. 

Wraps are currently needed and should be added to events.    But this event has been a train wreck from the start.  I guess I should just be thankful they at least made the exp marks 10 instead of 1.  

That’s what I told, there is NO new content among the rewards of Halloween event, not even a simple io or oath tablet. And honestly, even 10 XP marks is no big deal in 8.0.

Basically, the only thing worth farming are +12 stigma boxes, not mentioning the halloween contract of course. Random contracts have so low chance for legendary, and the new cat doctor and nurse transformations are not even included there. Skins are useless, you can’t even sell them for a good price.

So that makes it a 1 f2p halloween transform event + 12 stigmas, which is already old content.

Archived