are people happy with current gameplay?

Etnaa-DN

are you happy with gm support?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. are you happy with gm support?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. would you like some anti hacks in aion?

• yes
    • no

every time you report something, and i get ppl make mistake or MIGHT be falsely accused but "support is investigating"  the worst punishment i have seen was all the pve hacking ppl got max of 30 day ban, pvp worse punishment 1 day ban. wow that sure showed them... 

https://youtu.be/Oy7-sMDy8Lc < video proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy7-sMDy8Lc&feature=youtu.be

specifically 320-330 u can see a cleric flat out fly across the arena in 1 second , and the song weaver moving while Arial locked.

but you all wonder why mxm and aion are failing its bad support, not the game. i don't hate the gm but who else am i gonna talk to ? gms say post here, cyan locks the post and says contact support so basically you are being told shut up and give us your money and expect nothing.

the full team i was with see this other team using no animation, no gravity, flight hacks, no cool downs.   well something get done?  NOPE. so i ask fellow players are you happy with our current gms support? personally i feel its killing the game it already killed mxm.

with in 2 weeks of release ppl had bots for collecting and cool down hacks gms did NOTHING so mxm failed. whats it gonna take to get ncsoft to listen?

you act like all players are disgruntled about losing and that's not even the case. other team members are posting the same type of video and making tickets tho we know we will get nothing but a generic " we will investigate this"  if you dislike that post in the forum reply  gms don't even watch the movies or read the submissions 90% of the time.

i can prove this because i have submitted video of cheating in the past in a "unlisted" area so only gm can view after several tickets views are 0. but "they are investigating"  if you don't believe me try it.  So seriously you guys are running your own game into the ground by screwing over your player base but you still want money.  Even pay to win ppl should have to follow the rules but its not so, i have a collection of mails from gms saying what items can be restored and what items cannot however if your pay to win suddenly there system can and DOES recover that item that "cannot" be recovered.

im not asking for Gm to side with me, agree with me, heck if im wrong i wanna be told so im just asking for ACTUAL investigation or ACTUAL support  not some generic trash email reply of "we are investigating" or " our system does not handle that request" . or "post in forums" (then having it locked)

anybody agree ? or is it just me that's irritated by the lack of actual gm's and actual support team?

i suggest we have a player pole  "

are you happy with current game play?

are you happy with gm support ?

Couple of things.

First, Cyan and Hime are Community Managers. Basically they are the face of the company for NCSoft games. They aren't devs. So if, for example, there is a thread on the forums that gets a bunch of attention (for an item to be placed in an event or for a suggestion or about a bug). They take that information and give it to the person actually in charge of that. You can contact them in PMs if you feel that Support is not taking you seriously. They can advocate for you with Support, but they can't actually issue punishments or give you the GP you feel you should have received after a send log, for example. So they really aren't traditional GMs. Other than Gideon, I don't think we have any other actual GMs.

Second, in the past there was a forum rule against "naming and shaming" which made it against the forum rules to name a hacker, so our only recourse was to send that information to Support and since Support has a privacy policy that does not allow them to tell us someone else's punishment, we all got the same "we are looking into it" copy and paste. The Code of Conduct for these new forums (link at the top of each forum board) does not include that. Though it does have a rule against "Harassing or Defamatory Content". To me that seems to mean that posting a video of a hacker is now legal on the forums. So would be discussing that video, but if the discussion becomes insulting or bullying, it will be closed. Since hackusations traditionally get out of hand very quickly, that's probably why they don't remain open very long.

Now to your post.

I agree that Support in Aion is horrible. I don't mind the privacy policy that does not allow Support to tell me what someone else's punishment is, but like you I often feel that they often use that as a cover to ignore the proof has been submitted. Easy things like using naughty words in LFG or naming a character something offensive get taken care of quickly. But if what you are reporting takes any knowledge of the game or game mechanics, Support just stares blankly. Support out and out lies saying things like, "we don't have the mechanic to grant you the GP you missed" when in fact they do and for whatever reason, they don't want to. If you submit proof of, for example, run speed hacks you can pretty much count on Support doing nothing. It doesn't matter that you are chasing a spirit master with no run speed scroll on and you are an assassin with a scroll and using sprint. It's not easy, so Support just files it away. 

Lately even with iron clad proof, players are receiving a warning when caught hacking. So basically you need someone to catch this person doing the exact same thing, record it and submit another ticket that doesn't get ignored to get someone actually banned for hacking. So flipping frustrating. 

You make an accusation about only "pay2win" players getting away with things. I know for a fact that this isn't true. I am not saying that spending large amounts of money in the BCM doesn't afford you some protection, but that players who don't spend a dime are also receiving warnings when they should just be out and out banned. 

Having a hack free game would be ideal. The problem that I see is that anti-hack programs are expensive and notoriously don't work. We have already established that Support knows nothing about Aion so they would have to be trained extensively in the mechanics of the game in order to sift through all the hackusations made daily to find the ones that are actual hacks and those reported by a player that is just salty and doesn't understand the game themselves.

Bottom line, our game is old  and doesn't have the built in coding to allow for ease of identifying current hackers and the actual training of Support is expensive and I am not sure that Aion brings in enough revenue to support either.

7 hours ago, Mempo-KT said:

I watched the video, saw you didn't weave, and instantly decided your opinion was founded upon a lack of experience in Aion.

This video is also from the guy who got caught obviously radar/see through hide hacking (by another hacker even) and vehemently denies it. :P

(And MXM didn't die to hacks, but I just skimmed the post.)

14 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

This video is also from the guy who got caught obviously radar/see through hide hacking (by another hacker even) and vehemently denies it. :P

(And MXM didn't die to hacks, but I just skimmed the post.)

Exactly my thoughts Cheese this video kinda makes everything in this post pointless and irrelevant.  Just calling it like I see it.  

22 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

Exactly my thoughts Cheese this video kinda makes everything in this post pointless and irrelevant.  Just calling it like I see it.  

Here i have to stand in defence of @Etnaa-DN  ( we are not friends at all. i'm Elyos he killed me a bunch of times) i know that at simple sight for people that do not play classes with Hide this will seems like a total hack.  The truth is that the target selection in ShadowDrake screen is a visual bug. Happended to me several times mostly when you face the same enemy in a row after a kill.
If you analyze the video Etnaa it's only scouting the area in the hope to get some revenge, becoz of that he prepoped all his buffs. another thing to pay attention is the distance, several times they are really close like 15 meters or less, he could have used any ranged or skill or switch to his Bow, and why he didn't? because he actually didn't have shadow targeted.

Well this is my experience as a Ranger, it's only my word but please note that i have to very aware of targets since every damn class can target me with a simple Seed of Detection, and this damn bug always scares me :P

19 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Here i have to stand in defence of @Etnaa-DN  ( we are not friends at all. i'm Elyos he killed me a bunch of times) i know that at simple sight for people that do not play classes with Hide this will seems like a total hack.  The truth is that the target selection in ShadowDrake screen is a visual bug. Happended to me several times mostly when you face the same enemy in a row after a kill.
If you analyze the video Etnaa it's only scouting the area in the hope to get some revenge, becoz of that he prepoped all his buffs. another thing to pay attention is the distance, several times they are really close like 15 meters or less, he could have used any ranged or skill or switch to his Bow, and why he didn't? because he actually didn't have shadow targeted.

Well this is my experience as a Ranger, it's only my word but please note that i have to very aware of targets since every damn class can target me with a simple Seed of Detection, and this damn bug always scares me :P

It isn't the visual bug that is the hack it is that he is following him perfectly everywhere he goes.  So if he can't see him how is he following him perfectly?  Defend all you want we know the visual bug and looking from the outside sorry this ain't it

I mean as a glad myself I know I always prepop wall of steel and berserking for a target I can't see

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Ouch. It isn't the targeting. It's the following exactly through turns and twists.

Doesn't make the discussion of hacks invalid, just kind of ironic. 

I guess I shouldn't of said makes invalid just kind makes the point less meaningful coming from someone clearly caught.  I mean should he not be banned with this anti hack he wants instituted?

No offence but this is like a pop quiz like if I was in school or something.

"Are people happy with current gameplay"

Then 2 poll questions that have nothing to do with it lol. Well maybe the anti cheat to help the gameplay but yea. Just rip aion... Stop complaining because sadly these people don't care anymore. I hate to say it but you're probably better off quiting. I miss the game a lot, loved the PvP so much. No matter how much all my friends would tell me aion Sux and blah blah blah I just couldn't get over how awesome the PvP was. Godstones and rangers rng damage were probably the only things that really bothered me. Other then that great game, to bad they want to murder it. But anyways I hope y'all have a great time spending money again on aion 2 that everyone is so excited about. If anyone wants to donate money to a cause instead of giving to Koreans let me know.

well i'm not a hack expert i didn't knew about a Radar hack :(
That target thing only happened to my in 1v1 PvP situations like AoD or HoT where you face the same enemy several times.
I'm pretty sure there are hacks going on around, but one thing i'm completely sure is that the Amount of complaining and false accusations of hacking is 10 times higher thant the reallity, here ppl loves to accuse others, and i guess that makes things harder to handle to Support.

i'm a quite average player and I have been accused of hacking cough cough... by etnaa himself lol

you can see the accusation in the comments >_<

in my honor I must clarify that i won the first round, thats why he is dead at the beginning, the reason of my defeat was totally because the intervention of our beloved bot Maisme Pro Stun Locker   :P

van had the same glitch live on stream 12/2/17   he was in town and had a elyos in the field 1000m away target he could not "untarget",    then they guy home pointed and he STILL had it him targeted.  its a very hard to re do glitch.  the easy way to pove if somebody is radar hacking is did they already have u targeted when u did hide ?  or did they target u after such as  as u walk up to them like flen,or lucimon do.

look we all know shadowdrake hack and i have offerd 100's of times to let any gm investigate my account and they did  a few times before gms didn't care anymore, personally id love a 24/hr a day 7 day a week investigation cuz i got nothing to hide =3

that being said im not pointing fingers at players im saying gms are not doing there job try to stay on topic.    (also in pvp if u go invis and run a strait line expect to get hit 99% of players go the same direction  after they invis drop a flag and ur good to go  ) no real "trick" needed

7 hours ago, Tyd-KT said:

the very fact it was recorded by heavily edited by a hacker and im the one ask the gm to investigate my account  kinda leads u to lean to im innocent u dont see any ANY of the other accused ppl asking for there accounts to be envisaged.  my'n was 7 times for the same thing proven no hacks no warings and i have the tickets demanding gms look before i was ever accused =3 but welcome another look into my account (if u can even get a gm to talk to u) kinda the point of the post keep on topic if u think i cheat request a inquiry id love to have one.

5 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

well i'm not a hack expert i didn't knew about a Radar hack :(
That target thing only happened to my in 1v1 PvP situations like AoD or HoT where you face the same enemy several times.
I'm pretty sure there are hacks going on around, but one thing i'm completely sure is that the Amount of complaining and false accusations of hacking is 10 times higher thant the reallity, here ppl loves to accuse others, and i guess that makes things harder to handle to Support.

i'm a quite average player and I have been accused of hacking cough cough... by etnaa himself lol

you can see the accusation in the comments >_<

in my honor I must clarify that i won the first round, thats why he is dead at the beginning, the reason of my defeat was totally because the intervention of our beloved bot Maisme Pro Stun Locker   :P

actually i defended you in lfg. still have don't matter if u hate me or not if ur legit win or lose id back u ether side.  id make  list with video's (not 1 video multiple uncut ones ) of ppl  doing things that will never get looked into. but im here to focus on gms not paying attention to player help request.

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Couple of things.

First, Cyan and Hime are Community Managers. Basically they are the face of the company for NCSoft games. They aren't devs. So if, for example, there is a thread on the forums that gets a bunch of attention (for an item to be placed in an event or for a suggestion or about a bug). They take that information and give it to the person actually in charge of that. You can contact them in PMs if you feel that Support is not taking you seriously. They can advocate for you with Support, but they can't actually issue punishments or give you the GP you feel you should have received after a send log, for example. So they really aren't traditional GMs. Other than Gideon, I don't think we have any other actual GMs.

Second, in the past there was a forum rule against "naming and shaming" which made it against the forum rules to name a hacker, so our only recourse was to send that information to Support and since Support has a privacy policy that does not allow them to tell us someone else's punishment, we all got the same "we are looking into it" copy and paste. The Code of Conduct for these new forums (link at the top of each forum board) does not include that. Though it does have a rule against "Harassing or Defamatory Content". To me that seems to mean that posting a video of a hacker is now legal on the forums. So would be discussing that video, but if the discussion becomes insulting or bullying, it will be closed. Since hackusations traditionally get out of hand very quickly, that's probably why they don't remain open very long.

Now to your post.

I agree that Support in Aion is horrible. I don't mind the privacy policy that does not allow Support to tell me what someone else's punishment is, but like you I often feel that they often use that as a cover to ignore the proof has been submitted. Easy things like using naughty words in LFG or naming a character something offensive get taken care of quickly. But if what you are reporting takes any knowledge of the game or game mechanics, Support just stares blankly. Support out and out lies saying things like, "we don't have the mechanic to grant you the GP you missed" when in fact they do and for whatever reason, they don't want to. If you submit proof of, for example, run speed hacks you can pretty much count on Support doing nothing. It doesn't matter that you are chasing a spirit master with no run speed scroll on and you are an assassin with a scroll and using sprint. It's not easy, so Support just files it away. 

Lately even with iron clad proof, players are receiving a warning when caught hacking. So basically you need someone to catch this person doing the exact same thing, record it and submit another ticket that doesn't get ignored to get someone actually banned for hacking. So flipping frustrating. 

You make an accusation about only "pay2win" players getting away with things. I know for a fact that this isn't true. I am not saying that spending large amounts of money in the BCM doesn't afford you some protection, but that players who don't spend a dime are also receiving warnings when they should just be out and out banned. 

Having a hack free game would be ideal. The problem that I see is that anti-hack programs are expensive and notoriously don't work. We have already established that Support knows nothing about Aion so they would have to be trained extensively in the mechanics of the game in order to sift through all the hackusations made daily to find the ones that are actual hacks and those reported by a player that is just salty and doesn't understand the game themselves.

Bottom line, our game is old  and doesn't have the built in coding to allow for ease of identifying current hackers and the actual training of Support is expensive and I am not sure that Aion brings in enough revenue to support either.

((You make an accusation about only "pay2win" players getting away with things. I know for a fact that this isn't true. I am not saying that spending large amounts of money in the BCM doesn't afford you some protection, but that players who don't spend a dime are also receiving warnings when they should just be out and out banned. ))))

on 3 account as i a test before i said anything i ask gms to recover a ring i broke some garbage +1 or 2 i  didn't care about the item just wanted to see what they say.. all 3 said no, my friend who pays to win ask the very say thing for the very same item.. boom recovered in less than 8 hrs..

that being said if the other teams was NOT cheating, id love to hear how its done. how do u go from the bottom of idl where your slowed to the other side of idl in 1 second flat with out moving  jumping or running? be a handy still

@Etnaa .. I was talking about ban for hacking protections. I witnessed hacking by a player that is totally free to play. That player was reported and warned. Not banned.

Though I am curious about this test. Can you provide the ticket numbers of the three accounts that asked for a restoration? I am assuming that none of the accounts had asked for a restore before. Was the character that asked for the restore able to use the item? I ask because I have heard rumors of Support cracking down on people using alt accounts to enchant things in order to circumvent the "One Restore Per Account" thing that Support had been affording everyone. Just rumors so far. So perhaps that is why you weren't able to get a restore on that account. (exmaple.. a level 32 asking for a restore on an arch-daeva ring or a sorc asking for a restore on a physical ring)

@Etnaa-DN  hey i don't hate you mate, you are just so damn nyerking annoying with your trashtalk ingame just that... and i might have blocked you :P

i defended you in my first post here, just trying to be fair, i didn't see any weird thing in the several times we pvp. and that target glitch happens against me several times. 

and i the second post i was half joking and trying to make a point about the false hack accusations that people here let out so easily.  and bottlenecks our dear support team with unnecessary tickets? 

Archived