Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Hahahaha! I use Coppertone water babies pure and simple free 50spf sunscreen. xD It was highly rated on, like, consumer reports, so I was like yolo.

Weeee, I had to google it since we have different ones here in Europe. >.< I'll see if this one works for me, thankies! It's been very hot here and I was hiding all day at the office with the AC on. lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confused Steve – when I see a billboard advertisement for a strip club with  featured ladies  faces and names right on the billboard. 

I'm not sure whether to feel really bad for them ending up there on that board in their life, or proud of them because they are probably really happy doing what they do and make much more money than me doing it. 

12 minutes ago, Larxe-SL said:

I used to be excited about the weekend, now not so much. During weekdays I don't have to be a parent for 4 hours of the day, it keeps me sane!!!

euron_greyjoy.gif

Or well, at least less crazy.

I don't even wanna think about this aspect yet. Parents got all my respects for what they are doing on a daily base for their children. I'm busy enough with work and once I get home, I just wanna lay down and not move, I'm that exhausted. lol The only good thing about my job is that once I leave the office, that's it! Not bringing it home. <3

I hear yah! Work or parenting, both are tiring af and uni as well. I'm just happy he'll be going to school for the first time next year, so he'll be away from 9 till 3. I'm so ready for that. Until then nursery will do. ;>

As for kids, you're ready when you're ready, no need to rush. /o/ people who say otherwise (like inlaws, parents and other family) need to gtfo your business!!

8 years married so far, no kids. I'm not physically or mentally in a good place to have any and give them a good life. >_> The pressure to have one was so high for years! 

You all who do have kids are rockstars! I couldn't do it. Not yet, anyway!

Peeve:

I'm a big ball of tension who should do yoga or some nyerk. xD

I'm so angry and confused right now.

The downstairs toilet just randomly started flooding. Nothing in it; it hadn't been flushed. Nothing. I'm just glad I stayed up late tonight because the downstairs would've been ducking toast if I hadn't.

This happened two days ago. Thought it was a fluke. Nope. We have used every towel and dishtowel we have in the house to clean this shit up. Hoping it's not a sewer line problem because that is the absolute last thing I need to deal with right now.

Nyerk this trucking place; I'm out. If Husbando lands this job, we're moving. I'm so done.

21 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Peeve:

I'm a big ball of tension who should do yoga or some nyerk. xD

I've been a big ball of tension too... but i'm starting to  handle it finally.  So much going on for me at work (busiest time of year, layoffs happening to the staff around me, and not had a holiday since xmas...), stress at home (one parent has dementia the other is blind), trying to get my own life sorted but i feel trapped, fallen behind on my studies and have a bunch to catch up on to complete my course in 2 months, and going through my own emotional turmoil.... wish i had a permanent job so i could move out and get my own place, but im always on short term contracts...  so yeah it sucks some days.  On the bright side i have a roof over my head, so i should be happy.  But to manage all of this I've been deliberately trying to exhaust myself so I can sleep, and it's finally working.  Gym 5-6 times a week and 2 yoga sessions, and walking on the beach.  Yoga is wonderful, helps me to unwind.  I'm going to start doing it 3 times a week, got excited because i found out about another class I can go to.

Dx I'd be crazier than I am if that was happening to me.

And yeah looks like a sewer line issue. It flooded a second time when we tried to take a quick shower to cleanse ourselves of the prior flood. :( I'm moderately pissed. It's only 24 years old, but it's been extra potato lately.

- When he's cleaning and I'm not doing anything because I don' feel like it today.

- When I'm cleaning and he doesn't do anything. This is obviously only a one way street!

- Having to gather all that it takes not to devour that half a pack of cookies in one sitting.

Hahahaha! xD EAT ALLLLL THE COOKIES!

Peeve:

When you call four different plumbers in your city, and they're all booked solid. What is this madness. On the plus side, the fourth one says they can send someone this evening. q_q This is messing with my plans to be lazy and play video games all day!

Yeah, all our rental company has is a bunch of scary guys who don't have any certifications for this stuff, so we're finding an outside contractor. Emailed our rental company so they're aware of what's going on. Also let them know the other companies we contacted before settling on the one we did.

Seriously super appreciate those people trained in the trades. Y'all are the best.

I'm so tired. q_q

Horrible news, hopefully you can get it straightened out quick.  Any problems related to foundation damage or sewer absolutely terrifies me. Because so much relies on those two things.

________

not peeve - haha so yeah guys, you know how I always seem to have the.absolute.best.ideas.jpg, well ok so I was sitting there this morning having coffee and nyerking legit cheesecake (I know breakfast of champs) anyways I was sitting there and thought hmmm wonder what Genie would think if he dipped his cheesecake in his coffee and I shit you not I almost wet myself it was so good.  I fully endorse the idea of everyone trying it.

Hahahaha! Life's short; eat dessert first. And that's a legit idea there. Coffee cheesecake can be good as nyerk. I like tiramisu cheesecake on rare occasions.

The floor outside the bathroom is legit ruined. It was shoddily done vinyl flooring anyway, but still! :/ Not looking forward to dealing with the rental company over it.

Looking at houses again while also awaiting the counsel of the Father. 

Oh

my

God.

Finally reached a plumber...only to be told he can't do the work required because it requires the permission of the landlady, who we legit haven't heard from in over a year now. And the rental company itself isn't in the office on Sundays, and their idea of an emergency number is to give it to you in all the paperwork you get when you first move in. (3 years ago)

And the HOA got extra dramatic about their pending lawsuit yesterday.

Fuk this place, I'm done.

Archived