@Cyan DUPLICATING MANASTONES (Exploit???)

Taliiii-KT

@Cyan

Due to the recent scandal, I was investigated because I bought manastones through an in-game trade and the broker (off a certain person), and multiplied them. As a result, NCSOFT dropped this on me:

"Your account has been, or is directly associated with accounts that have been, observed violating the User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct through the confirmed duplication of items to gain an unfair advantage in Aion."

So… my account was found to be apparently exploiting the duplication of manastones which according to the following evidence that was copied from various patch notes, the duplication of manastones is in fact… NOT AN EXPLOIT!

5.6 Patch Notes – Items:

17. ii) When above enchantment level 15, socketed Godstones will be returned at a 100% rate, and Manastones have a higher chance than normal. Additionally, it is possible for more Manastones to be returned than were initially socketed.

Multiplying manastones by 4x or more is a result of the failure of enchanting high enchanted gear (+20 or higher). That means if I socket 6x <Manastone: Precision +11> into a weapon, say a +20 Shadow Pact Great Sword (see example image attached) and it fails :(, I have a chance to get those stones I initially socketed back plus a chance to get even more depending on how high the enchantment level is, and because it was a high enchant of +20 I was able to get 25x <Manastone: Precision +11> at the expense of my weapon. Of course, the real cost of multiplying the manastones is the destruction of an item which in most cases, that loss offsets the gain of more manastones. This is not an exploit but a feature that compensates for the loss of an item. I was not abusing a system as I would rather have kept my +20 equipment but instead it was sacrificed in the process.

Vl0eL7P.jpg

Aion 5.0 – Echoes of Eternity Patch Notes - Items 

Archdaeva Equipment

3. Archdaeva equipment will be destroyed if enchantment fails at any enchantment level. 

- If the enchant fails, there is a chance that the player will receive their Manastones and Godstones back. 

- If the enchant fails, the player will receive Enchantment Stone Dust and Archdaeva crafting materials. 

Aion 5.3 Patch NotesItems

32. When failing to enchant an Archdaeva item, the chance that the manastones or godstone will be returned has increased, but Enchantment Stone Powder will no longer be automatically received. 

Aion 5.6 – Omens of Ice Patch Notes - Items 

17. When failing to enchant Archdaeva equipment, Godstones and Manastones will be returned. 

- The rate that they will be returned is dependent on whether the enchantment level of the item was above or below 15. 

- When above enchantment level 15, socketed Godstones will be returned at a 100% rate, and Manastones have a higher chance than normal. Additionally, it is possible for more Manastones to be returned than were initially socketed.

I have sent tons of tickets into support and as usual, support has no idea about the game and all they do is send in the same automated replies or straight up just close your tickets. They don’t read tickets properly and don’t give a damn about the players. They just want to breeze through all your tickets and call it a day, often leaving tickets unsolved and undisputable.

Tali~

johngunmad was banned because he was receiving items that were giving him an unfair advantage.  He had 5 types of +12 manastones over a week before they were going to be available to the community (a maximum of 2 types of manastones should've been available).  Johngunmad made it insanely CLEAR that he was exploiting the system through a GM connection, which he was DUMB enough to brag about in whispers - whispers that got shared. Johngunmad got upset that he got exposed, it got investigated, and an IP ban occurred.

You are his brother, as I understand it.  Whether indirectly or directly  involved, you are a victim of his stupidity.  Direct your complaint at your stupid brother, imo.

WTF? THEY BANNED YOU FOR THAT? well slice my nipples and call me Jim, that's unbelievable... simply unacceptable... How could they ban people like you and your brother when DC hacker momo is still running around in the eye? I really hope they do something about this because aiononline.com is my favorite game <3_<3

4 hours ago, Taliiii-KT said:

"Your account has been, or is directly associated with accounts that have been, observed violating the User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct through the confirmed duplication of items to gain an unfair advantage in Aion."

Unfair advantage = Using a repetitive means to create and resell the item... you didn't do it once or twice but multiple times on purpose to sell/profit from.

Btw add FairPrice to the list of bans since that character (Katalam - Eylos) already has over 20x +12 manastones on the broker and a lot more have already been sold too.

Not only the dude got banned for that, but it clearly shows we may have GM's who are abusing their powers, hence why this poor system of control of hackers and exploiters. If GM's don't do their jobs right, we will end up with things like that nonstop.

9 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Not only the dude got banned for that, but it clearly shows we may have GM's who are abusing their powers, hence why this poor system of control of hackers and exploiters. If GM's don't do their jobs right, we will end up with things like that nonstop.

Here is my thoughts.  One got caught deserved to be banned.

Now did he really know a gm or did he just say that?  Could be just saying this to make himself look better when in fact it ultimately brough him down.

Did a gm really do this for him or did he specifically ask Support for different +12's not avail and they gave to him then he exploited the fact?  We know Support does Support things and I would not put it past him asking and them giving because everyone who is truly free to play gets everything from support  right (insert sarcasm)

Now the problem is not the fact they blew up gear to get more manastones that is a game mechanic and not an exploit.  The issue is 100% getting manastones not available to rest of community yet and then exploiting that fact to profit.

I wouldn't say it's an easy thing, but it's possible. Katalam server used to be Siel, and on Siel most GM's and staff members appeared. Wouldn't be surprised if the dude befriended a GM, but like you said, maybe he was bluffing. Either way, he got what he deserved, a permaban.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I wouldn't say it's an easy thing, but it's possible. Katalam server used to be Siel, and on Siel most GM's and staff members appeared. Wouldn't be surprised if the dude befriended a GM, but like you said, maybe he was bluffing. Either way, he got what he deserved, a permaban.

Isnt johngunmad the individual whoms been defending "p2w" tactics with fervor on these forums of late?

Well anyways, makes me wonder just how many more explotive "johngunmad" situations are still ongoing out there atm. This game is rife with cheaters, haxors, and exploiters.

And apparently, instead of being investigated and stopped by NCSoft as it should, its being supported. (For the right price.)

18 minutes ago, Belldandy-KT said:

Isnt johngunmad the individual whoms been defending "p2w" tactics with fervor on these forums of late?

Yep. He's the one claiming that all the items he obtained is purely through f2p with no money spending. As if getting a +38 is that f2p. Cool.

• Cyan locked this topic

Archived