Jump to content
Cyan

[Updated] Aion Equipment System Update - 8/29

Recommended Posts

Sitca-KT   

@Aly-DN Let me stop you right there for a second. It's true that I haven't played this game since beta, but I have since 3.7 and lemme tell you something. I've never felt more like a slave and taken for a fool in 6 years than I have in 3 days in this patch.

Heck, even 5.8 was better! It's true that other people were OP, but only because they worked on their gear since 5.0 hit.

My point is, I did work hard for my gear back in the days, but this is just ridiculous. And how can NC tell us ,,Giving back the Aion you love" ? That's arrogant ! How can you still do this to your community when you can see the majority on the forums is complaining about the game ? You don't even need to wonder ,,Hmm I wonder if the players like this new system". No ! You have their opinions right here.

And transformation contracts....on BCM ? They should be availabe by ingame means just like scrolls used to be. Now average sallary people are gonna save the ones they have for times when they'll really need them because they can't afford spending money on a 10 minutes item that goes away if you get killed in 1 minute after. 

@Cyan You think that was a smart way to get money ? No. That only makes them think twice if they should do it or not. Do you realize how much more money you'd get if BCM had Legendary PVP stones like Korea ? And by buying them, players would have that feeling of accomplishment for spending 100 euros on those (and if the enchanting rates were better ofcourse) rather than buying transformations that go away in a minute if a guy in Red/Purple exchanged gear kills them. Which by the way, that was another stupid idea.

Giving them stronger gear is ridiculous. If you wanted to reward them for working so hard on their gear, you could have gave them like a better price for AP exchange which would actually be more helpful and unharmful for other players.

But it is what it is. All I can say is that I'm dissappointed. Very.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   
2 hours ago, Sitca-KT said:

@Cyan You think that was a smart way to get money ? No. That only makes them think twice if they should do it or not. Do you realize how much more money you'd get if BCM had Legendary PVP stones like Korea ? And by buying them, players would have that feeling of accomplishment for spending 100 euros on those (and if the enchanting rates were better ofcourse) rather than buying transformations that go away in a minute if a guy in Red/Purple exchanged gear kills them. Which by the way, that was another stupid idea.

Giving them stronger gear is ridiculous. If you wanted to reward them for working so hard on their gear, you could have gave them like a better price for AP exchange which would actually be more helpful and unharmful for other players.

But it is what it is. All I can say is that I'm dissappointed. Very.

I like the fact you seem to be attacking a Community Coordinator for what the patch currently is. 

Here's some news for ya, Cyan has nothing to do with what's being done in the patch, or its changes, or even the exchange equipment list, this was done by the devs themselves. All he does is work like a "messenger" for us, communicating our feedback to his superiors or even the devs. Had you done some research beforehand, you'd know that all regions had this gear exchange happen, starting with Korea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sitca-KT   

@Kubei-DN 1. I know the system itself was not NA's idea nor is Cyan at fault. 

                      2. If things started in Korea, then why not keep it the way it is ? Korea has PVP Legendary stones on BCM, why don't we do too ?

I know he's a messenger. Had you looked to my comment a few days before the patch release, you'd see I already mentioned this. I don't know if he read it too or not. But if he did and passed away and the BCM is still the way it is, then that means NA just doesn't care.

Let me apologize to you, @Cyan. But the rest of the NA team doesn't deserve it.

Sure, drop rates are the same, I'll give that to NCsoft. But there are so many other things that are so different than Korea that I can't even begin to talk about them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 10:17 AM, TehGoat-DN said:

Basically the game just closed its doors to anyone who doesn't have converted gear.

This is accurate.

 

I see no point in playing. That's a shame, NC just lost a rather high spending player (I've thrown thousands of USD into NC games).

On 10/27/2018 at 8:36 AM, Jagblade-DN said:

I wouldn't call it new content. One new zone's worth and everything else reworked or removed so rehashed at best. God I remember the twinks though. All those level 50s in gold abyss gears wrecking everyone in their path. This update was not for the veteran players. It's a big flashing billboard for players that left long ago and anyone new and crazy enough to jump on-board now.

That rework is what you would expect in a new game and not a decade old game. Everything that this game used to be vanished overnight, everything became useless because reasons. NC deciding to compensate certain players but leaving everyone else out is the crux of the problem.

Compensation should have been:

Whatever you had prepatch is exchanged for whatever exists post patch one tier lower.

For example, you had full mythic +15 AP? Change that to full (eternal) +15 AP equivalent and keep red as the goal.

They did do that, but only for +20 and beyond.

Let's face it, how many players even got +20? When I quit 1.5 years ago I knew of 1 player who had +20, 1. Everyone else (myself included) hovered at around +15-18 because RNG sucked and omega stones were insanely expensive.

NA should never have been given compensation, Korea server settings were radically different, it was far easier; +20 there was like +15 here; everyone had it.

Edited by Delessa-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting exchanges based on enchantment level rather than what the gear was was a bad decision. Players who spent months if not years earning their gear were compensated nothing. Players who got lucky or spent a few hundred dollars on enchanting events got god mode handed to them. Players who were simply away from the game but had max gear prior to leaving got totally shat on.

 

But yes, what else is there to say, rerun of 2.0 and twinks. Only difference is, during 2.0, there were 8 servers not 2. Not much left to merge if everyone quits but the non gear exchanged players - and we know they won't fight each other because that's how it is. No one geared liked fighting geared, the mentality of open world was to beat on those who couldn't fight back. People who wanted a challenge went into instanced fights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delessa-DN said:

This is accurate.

 

I see no point in playing. That's a shame, NC just lost a rather high spending player (I've thrown thousands of USD into NC games).

That rework is what you would expect in a new game and not a decade old game. Everything that this game used to be vanished overnight, everything became useless because reasons. NC deciding to compensate certain players but leaving everyone else out is the crux of the problem.

Compensation should have been:

Whatever you had prepatch is exchanged for whatever exists post patch one tier lower.

For example, you had full mythic +15 AP? Change that to full (eternal) +15 AP equivalent and keep red as the goal.

They did do that, but only for +20 and beyond.

Let's face it, how many players even got +20? When I quit 1.5 years ago I knew of 1 player who had +20, 1. Everyone else (myself included) hovered at around +15-18 because RNG sucked and omega stones were insanely expensive.

NA should never have been given compensation, Korea server settings were radically different, it was far easier; +20 there was like +15 here; everyone had it.

Actually +20 AP 80 gear wasn't uncommon in the last half year or so before 6.2. And there were a few players that reached insane enchantment levels (like +27 weapons and armor with accessories +9).

Also, there was an event that ran the two weeks prior to 6.2 where everyone got a shitton of Master Harvester (best pve gear), Caeus (if purified, the best pvp gear), and Distorted Sunayaka (2nd best extend) gear and had the opportunity to farm instances for omegas/tempering solutions to enchant the gear to the levels required to exchange to relevant 6.2 gear.

That's why there's so many players running around in full sets of exchange gear.

The players who didn't have the time to farm during those two weeks or the players who just started playing/playing again when 6.2 arrived (therefore missing on that 2-week event entirely) are hurting a lot because of this.

 

1 hour ago, Delessa-DN said:

Setting exchanges based on enchantment level rather than what the gear was was a bad decision. Players who spent months if not years earning their gear were compensated nothing. Players who got lucky or spent a few hundred dollars on enchanting events got god mode handed to them. Players who were simply away from the game but had max gear prior to leaving got totally shat on.

 

But yes, what else is there to say, rerun of 2.0 and twinks. Only difference is, during 2.0, there were 8 servers not 2. Not much left to merge if everyone quits but the non gear exchanged players - and we know they won't fight each other because that's how it is. No one geared liked fighting geared, the mentality of open world was to beat on those who couldn't fight back. People who wanted a challenge went into instanced fights.

 

 

Compensation was indeed handled badly. Ideally, everyone should have started at zero (no compensation). But if they wanted to compensate some players for the work they put in prior to 6.2, the compensated gear should have only given a minor lead in pvp, rather than a godmode lead. Full set of Ultimate +7 gear (yes I have been grouped with such a player) is not a minor lead.

 

"Not much left to merge if everyone quits but the non gear exchanged players - and we know they won't fight each other because that's how it is. No one geared liked fighting geared, the mentality of open world was to beat on those who couldn't fight back. People who wanted a challenge went into instanced fights."

This is an issue I've had with Aion for awhile too. Too many players getting super geared and then they all try to dodge each other. Even with instanced pvp, people are spying/using alts to queue in an attempt to fight pugs. Most pvp in this game is overgeared vs. undergeared; statics vs. pugs. It's shameful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Actually +20 AP 80 gear wasn't uncommon in the last half year or so before 6.2. And there were a few players that reached insane enchantment levels (like +27 weapons and armor with accessories +9).

Also, there was an event that ran the two weeks prior to 6.2 where everyone got a shitton of Master Harvester (best pve gear), Caeus (if purified, the best pvp gear), and Distorted Sunayaka (2nd best extend) gear and had the opportunity to farm instances for omegas/tempering solutions to enchant the gear to the levels required to exchange to relevant 6.2 gear.

That's why there's so many players running around in full sets of exchange gear.

The players who didn't have the time to farm during those two weeks or the players who just started playing/playing again when 6.2 arrived (therefore missing on that 2-week event entirely) are hurting a lot because of this.

That's news to me, I guess a few events and whales changed the calculus a bit.

When I had left +15 was still the norm.

Quote

 

Compensation was indeed handled badly. Ideally, everyone should have started at zero (no compensation). But if they wanted to compensate some players for the work they put in prior to 6.2, the compensated gear should have only given a minor lead in pvp, rather than a godmode lead. Full set of Ultimate +7 gear (yes I have been grouped with such a player) is not a minor lead.

 

"Not much left to merge if everyone quits but the non gear exchanged players - and we know they won't fight each other because that's how it is. No one geared liked fighting geared, the mentality of open world was to beat on those who couldn't fight back. People who wanted a challenge went into instanced fights."

This is an issue I've had with Aion for awhile too. Too many players getting super geared and then they all try to dodge each other. Even with instanced pvp, people are spying/using alts to queue in an attempt to fight pugs. Most pvp in this game is overgeared vs. undergeared; statics vs. pugs. It's shameful.

 

I actually pointed this out before 6.2 hit as I was puzzled as to why NC would even give compensation - no other patch had ever done such. People explained to me that "stats changed so they need it to do any instance". Now I see those arguments as what they are, people who knew it was god mode arguing to have god mode while deceiving others as to the true nature of the exchange. 75 starter PVE is enough to do instances if your group is competent. It's like how back in the day you could do EB/IS/DR with a BM group if the group was competent.

Hitting 4-5 digits vs hitting 2 and taking 2 vs taking 4 is not a minor lead indeed. It's an insurmountable obstacle that no amount of player skill can overcome. You could pit the best player on the server with old gear vs a bot and the bot would win in a landslide.

I've lost track of how many ID groups dropped against my groups (QUAKE), they never wanted fights, they wanted wipes. In fact the only group that would regularly fight us was SL's Mythical that out-geared us by a huge margin (governor/commander gear vs 2*+)

It is shameful indeed. It's as if they aren't actually looking for challenges but only to build on some sort of ego.

Edited by Delessa-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dears I feel very mad now, after update I was expecting the item exchange and i didn't get what I suppost to. I sent my ticket and they said i was out of time? you were changing the info many times and now i didn't get my legendary accessories and I also lost all my temperings too... I've played this game many years and it is the second time I feel disappointed of the game after deleting Danaria and katalam... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Angy-DN said:

I also lost all my temperings too.

Temperings are exchanged at an npc in Panda/Sanctum. Take them to that npc. In Panda, it's along the pathway as you're going from the bottom of the map to the top, in that corridor with the general shop. In Sanctum, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liiny-DN   
14 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Temperings are exchanged at an npc in Panda/Sanctum. Take them to that npc. In Panda, it's along the pathway as you're going from the bottom of the map to the top, in that corridor with the general shop. In Sanctum, I don't know.

I think by losing he might mean he used them to enchant and did not get the item.

 

@Angy-DNUnfortunately NC made a sort of random/unexpected announcement saying the enchantment time would be cut off before the actual maintenance, don't remember the exact date but that might have been what caused you to not get the items you wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate that I come back to this game after taking almost a 6 month break because everyone was saying that it was pointless to be playing the game until 6.2 launches. Back when I was playing I managed to get my gear all +15. Then I come back to the game to find out that ncsoft was giving out gear like it was free candy, so that they can do a gear exchange in 6.2. Its a little annoying to know that I literally got nothing for my +15 gear wish was fairly hard to get for the most part. I feel like I should have at least received something for my gear. Little bit bs if you ask me.

Edited by StarbIade-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
3 minutes ago, StarbIade-DN said:

I hate that I come back to this game after taking almost a 6 month break because everyone was saying that it was pointless to be playing the game until 6.2 launches. Back when I was playing I managed to get my gear all +15. Then I come back to the game to find out that ncsoft was giving out gear like it was free candy, so that they can do a gear exchange in 6.2. Its a little annoying to know that I literally got nothing for my +15 gear wish was fairly hard to get for the most part. I feel like I should have at least received something for my gear. Little bit bs if you ask me.

The exchange list was first published on Aug. 15th and finalized on Aug. 29th. There was plenty of time to come back and adjust your gear if you so wanted to. You can't really be legit upset about not getting exchanges. 

We all make our own decisions and have to live with them.. even in games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The exchange list was first published on Aug. 15th and finalized on Aug. 29th. There was plenty of time to come back and adjust your gear if you so wanted to. You can't really be legit upset about not getting exchanges. 

We all make our own decisions and have to live with them.. even in games.

well seeing as I have a life and live my life not revolving around a game, I did not know about said "list" so I still find it a bit unfair...and youre right we do all make our own decisions, just like how ncsoft makes a lot of bad decisions.

Edited by StarbIade-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Indeed they do. Not giving the player base enough time prior to the update to make adjustments to their gear should they want an exchange wasn't one of them.

Hey. I have a life and I knew about the list and I chose not to act on it. I got some exchanges, but not many. I could have had a lot more had I come back a few weeks early from my own break and took advantage of the event that they had right before the patch. I just decided not to and continued to play Overwatch. That's totally on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
2 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Overwatch, Aly? Im disappointed.

I have no excuse. It's addicting and it's all PvP!

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, Angy-DN said:

Dears I feel very mad now, after update I was expecting the item exchange and i didn't get what I suppost to. I sent my ticket and they said i was out of time? you were changing the info many times and now i didn't get my legendary accessories and I also lost all my temperings too... I've played this game many years and it is the second time I feel disappointed of the game after deleting Danaria and katalam... 

As Liiny said, NCSoft made a surprise announcement (they didn't even give us a 24-hour notice) that exchange gear needed to be finalized by 12 PM instead of the 12 AM that everyone expected. Sorry for your loss  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×