Aion Legacy server please.

Raiuken-KT

Title. Can you please make an Aion legacy server like you did for Lineage II? Aion was a fun game before you started deleting maps. If you make a server from before you deleted Katalam and Danaria, take my money. I really want to like this game, but in it's current state, it's just terrible. It hurts my soul to see the game I loved so much turn into this. You would get a lot of people coming back and spending money if you made a Legacy server.

No they wouldn't. This was their one good chance to take the game for a little turn to make it alive again and they did what they usually do best, destroy any chance of that. I like many of you still waste my time playing it because of the nostalgia, but with every login I realize how much of my life I'm wasting holding onto something that isn't there anymore, and that is a game that I could truly say was the best game I've ever played. Now there is much better games out there sadly. This game has come to pass.

I don't think that that would be a smart move. The best move they could've made was to make this patch not as bad, but they didn't.

They have full control over enchantment rates, events and shop sales, yet they don't know how to make customers happy in neither of those.

By the time they realize that, it will be too late yet again.

I'm also looking for another game during my vacation, and I'm not sure I'll be playing Aion when I get back at home.

Suggestions?

16 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

I don't think that that would be a smart move. The best move they could've made was to make this patch not as bad, but they didn't.

They have full control over enchantment rates, events and shop sales, yet they don't know how to make customers happy in neither of those.

By the time they realize that, it will be too late yet again.

I'm also looking for another game during my vacation, and I'm not sure I'll be playing Aion when I get back at home.

Suggestions?

I play  tekken 7.

Been  playing since Tekken 2 and do not plan to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

If they had to start a legacy server, they would need to dig out their oldest files and start anew from 1.0. Alternatively right now Aion is deep in the developed stage so starting somewhere randomly is out of question, they'd need to survey people and ask which version would they prefer.

Definitely 4.7 for a legacy server. PvP was pretty accessible due to arena gear, you had the "new" classes at the time, fan favorite maps such as Sarpan, Tiamaranta, etc are all still there, and you have the player housing from 3.0. Up to that point the game only had content added, they hadn't removed anything up to that point. We'd lose the Luna instances, a lot of skins, and some mounts but I say that would be worth it for the gameplay and revived content alone. They could always add new maps, instances, or skins after the fact if they wanted.

HAHAHA IVE BEEN BEGGING NC SOFT TO GO BACK TO LEGACY!!!!….ALL OF AION NEEDS TO BE RESET BACK TO LEVEL 55 CAP AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE RESET TO LEVEL 1 MAYBE WITH 1 TOON PER SERVER THAT GETS A LEVEL CAP SCROLL TO JUMP!!!!…...IF AION RESET THE WHOLE GAME BACK TO THE LEVEL 55 CAP AND MADE IT HARD FROM 40-55 IT WILL RE-EVEN THE GAME OUT!!! THIS LEVEL 80 CAP AND MAPS GONE AND EVERYONE JUMPS TO LEVEL CAP IN A FEW DAYS IS nyerkING ABSURD!!!!!!…...ITS nyerkING THE GAME BADLY!!!!….SO IS LUNAS!!!!…..SO IS ENCHANT SYSTEM!!!!!.....SO IS SOCKETING!!!!!......ITS ALL nyerkING GARBAGE AND AION WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER LEFT HOW IT WAS EITHER DURING 4.8 OR EVEN 4.7 WAS ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

HAHAHA IVE BEEN BEGGING NC SOFT TO GO BACK TO LEGACY!!!!….ALL OF AION NEEDS TO BE RESET BACK TO LEVEL 55 CAP AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE RESET TO LEVEL 1 MAYBE WITH 1 TOON PER SERVER THAT GETS A LEVEL CAP SCROLL TO JUMP!!!!…...IF AION RESET THE WHOLE GAME BACK TO THE LEVEL 55 CAP AND MADE IT HARD FROM 40-55 IT WILL RE-EVEN THE GAME OUT!!! THIS LEVEL 80 CAP AND MAPS GONE AND EVERYONE JUMPS TO LEVEL CAP IN A FEW DAYS IS nyerkING ABSURD!!!!!!…...ITS nyerkING THE GAME BADLY!!!!….SO IS LUNAS!!!!…..SO IS ENCHANT SYSTEM!!!!!.....SO IS SOCKETING!!!!!......ITS ALL nyerkING GARBAGE AND AION WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER LEFT HOW IT WAS EITHER DURING 4.8 OR EVEN 4.7 WAS ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Everything after 4.8 was a mistake and the precedent was set. It has only gone downhill since then.

LOL THE ONLY REASON I SAY 4.8 IS BECUASE IT BROUGHT ALOT OF PEOPLE TO AION!!!!….THE ABYSS AND SEIGE AND ABILITY TO GET GEAR WITHOUT FACTION LEADERS HAVING TO CARRY EVERYONE!!!!…..BACK IN 4.7 ONLY GEARED COULD GET GEAR!!!! AND ANYONE WHO JUST STARTED COULDNT GET ANYTHING WITHOUT GEARED CARRYING THEM!!!!!

when I played back in 4.5 it was nearly impossible to get gear because only faction leaders could get it!!!!…..AP gear you had to have ap for....and to get ap you had to pvp….and if you don't have gear to pvp you cant get ap...therefore you cant get gear!!!!!!!!!!!!…….LITERALLY I HAD TO HAVE GEARED PEOPLE TAKE ME THROUGH PVP AND SEIGE FOR WEEKS JUST TO GET 1 nyerkING PVP ITEM!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT NOW THE ONLY REAL PROBLEM WITH THE GAME IS 1ST WE CANT TRADE KINAH...2ND ENCHANT RATES ARE REDICULOUS....AND 3 DROP RATES ARE REDICULOUS!!!!…..4TH CRAFTING IS STUPID!!!!…….and 5th ALL THE PVP BUFFS ARE BROKEN AND NOT FUNCTIONING.....ITS LITERALLY RUINING THE WHOLE GAME....PVP/PVE ALL OF THE GAME IS BEING RUINED!!!!

4 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

LOL THE ONLY REASON I SAY 4.8 IS BECUASE IT BROUGHT ALOT OF PEOPLE TO AION!!!!….THE ABYSS AND SEIGE AND ABILITY TO GET GEAR WITHOUT FACTION LEADERS HAVING TO CARRY EVERYONE!!!!…..BACK IN 4.7 ONLY GEARED COULD GET GEAR!!!! AND ANYONE WHO JUST STARTED COULDNT GET ANYTHING WITHOUT GEARED CARRYING THEM!!!!!

when I played back in 4.5 it was nearly impossible to get gear because only faction leaders could get it!!!!…..AP gear you had to have ap for....and to get ap you had to pvp….and if you don't have gear to pvp you cant get ap...therefore you cant get gear!!!!!!!!!!!!…….LITERALLY I HAD TO HAVE GEARED PEOPLE TAKE ME THROUGH PVP AND SEIGE FOR WEEKS JUST TO GET 1 nyerkING PVP ITEM!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't the best but crucible arena gear was viable in those days. You wouldn't go toe to toe with anyone in the BEST AP gear but you could certainly survive. With that gear I finally managed to beat a hardcore pvping friend of mine for the first time. I probably got lucky with my rotation but I managed it. The crucible made gear accessible to most of the population and it was a good starting point to work towards AP gear piece by piece. There were even items that allowed you to trade Abyss gear so if you worked on getting Kinah, you could simply buy them if someone was willing to sell.

yes I agree with you.....crucible was a good start and arena!!!....the problem was mostly the ap prizes and cost of ap gear!!!!…..when the BM update cam out it everyone a chance to work and earn gear!!!!….we could openly grind pvp gear and had to pvp at the same time!!!!….also heres something no one has mentioned yet......WERE THE nyerk IS FLIGHT?????????????????...…...LITERALLY THE ONLY REASON MOST PEOPLE PLAY THIS nyerkING GAME INSTEAD OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS nyerkING FLIGHT AND NOW ITS GONE???????????/ EVEN IN 4.5 THERE WAS FULL ABYSS FLIGHT PVP WTF HAPPENED TO nyerkING AION????????????

I still have post-traumatic stress disorder as a gladiator fighting rangers in the abyss right at launch. Getting root locked with no ranged attacks to fight back with or CC breaks was horrible. I also still have the retail box which heavily advertises flight. This game really isn't the same without it. Hell it's not even Aion anymore at this point.

4 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

I still have post-traumatic stress disorder as a gladiator fighting rangers in the abyss right at launch. Getting root locked with no ranged attacks to fight back with or CC breaks was horrible. I also still have the retail box which heavily advertises flight. This game really isn't the same without it. Hell it's not even Aion anymore at this point.

ONE OF THE FIRST SENSABLE POSTS IVE SEEN IN YEARS!!!!!!!

YOU ARE ACTUALLY PROBABLY THE MOST INTELECTUAL PERSON POSTING ON THESE FORUMS ATM!!!!!

Well, they're certainly infinitely more "intellectual" than you. :/

4 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

I kind of miss flight, but it has always been such a mess that I'm disappointed, yet not surprised, that they finally ditched it. The game engine and optimization and balancing has been rubbish for years.

1 minute ago, Timmain-KT said:

I kind of miss flight, but it has always been such a mess that I'm disappointed, yet not surprised, that they finally ditched it. The game engine and optimization and balancing has been rubbish for years.

No kidding. Flight combat was terrible, especially with the constant desync, lack of any real physics engine, and the peculiar design decision of making you instantly die if you fall for any long than three second straight. That said though, it was still a part of the game and enjoyed as a means of getting around in a few areas. It saddens me that wing feathers now are just another piece of pointless gear save for the core of the Abyss.

3 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

No kidding. Flight combat was terrible, especially with the constant desync, lack of any real physics engine, and the peculiar design decision of making you instantly die if you fall for any long than three second straight. That said though, it was still a part of the game and enjoyed as a means of getting around in a few areas. It saddens me that wing feathers now are just another piece of pointless gear save for the core of the Abyss.

I pull out all my old wings and weep over the memories of them. q_q I wish they would do something with flight again; I just don't know what. :( Another flight instance that isn't as painful as Void Cube?

I agree about falling and some of the physics but the game physics are already crap...the physics for flight were better than half of the physics of the basic game how it is atm!!!... FLIGHT IS THE ONLY REASON ANY OF MY FRIENDS EVEN THINK TWICE ABOUT PLAYING THIS GAME MOST THINK THIS GAME IS THE GAYEST SHIT THEYVE EVER SEEN!!!!....please give us flight back.....EVEN IN PVE INSTANCES, WE HAD FLIGHT!!! NOW ITS NOT EVEN PART OF PVE!!!!....LITERALLY, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, PWI, and many other MMORPGs have better classes and way better PVP physics!!!...this game is in DX3D9...FLIGHT WAS PHENOMENAL FOR DX3D9!!!.....now the whole game nearly pointless!

I've played another game with a sort of flight physics...it was more like gliding skills!!!.....this is the only game that got full free flight right!!!....for years I've been telling wow players how it needed flight!!!...they all respond with..."IT'S NOT POSSIBLE"...or "IF THEY ADDED FLIGHT THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE THE WHOLE GAME"....NC SOFT DID IT WITH FLIGHT TIME AND THE CLICK OF A BUTTON NEXT TO YOUR SKILL BAR!!!....LITERALLY, IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY BETTER!!!!

oh and even gear to support it!!! OUR WINGS!!!!

IT WAS PERFECT YO!!!

Archived