Takes 6 years to get 5 star Officer now?

AteHerTech-KT

Actually, under the current system you will never make 5 star by just acquiring GP. The only way to make 5 star from 4 star, or any lower rank, would be to have every one above you drop out by not acquiring 800 GP for that month. 

Ex. Lets say I am a Rank 258 4 Star. The only way for me to at least rank 100 ( lowest 5 star ranking ) and become 5 star would for every ranking person from 257 to 101 to drop out cause they just happened to not acquire enough GP that month to keep rank.

Also @emu-DN, your total GP does matter!!  What you bring in monthly is just what one must do in order to get ranked again. That's why if 50 people start back up as soon as they acquire 800 GP for the month and they have more GP than you. you will drop 50 ranks! 

8 minutes ago, Rubilax-DN said:

Actually, under the current system you will never make 5 star by just acquiring GP. The only way to make 5 star from 4 star, or any lower rank, would be to have every one above you drop out by not acquiring 800 GP for that month. 

Ex. Lets say I am a Rank 258 4 Star. The only way for me to at least rank 100 ( lowest 5 star ranking ) and become 5 star would for every ranking person from 257 to 101 to drop out cause they just happened to not acquire enough GP that month to keep rank.

Also @emu-DN, your total GP does matter!!  What you bring in monthly is just what one must do in order to get ranked again. That's why if 50 people start back up as soon as they acquire 800 GP for the month and they have more GP than you. you will drop 50 ranks! 

I said 6.5

lol, in the same boat as buf. rofl, 1 day i'll go up 50something ranks, (cuz ppl not meeting the requirement) then next siege i drop 40-50 ranks... lol... sooo nyerked up :P they should fix it, or do a fresh GP wipe, since soo many leave, and come back, you should only have rank, if you play regularly, not "Oh, ima go do siege, so i can screw over the ppl that are participating all the time"

1 hour ago, Acheillies-KT said:

lol, in the same boat as buf. rofl, 1 day i'll go up 50something ranks, (cuz ppl not meeting the requirement) then next siege i drop 40-50 ranks... lol... sooo nyerked up :P they should fix it, or do a fresh GP wipe, since soo many leave, and come back, you should only have rank, if you play regularly, not "Oh, ima go do siege, so i can screw over the ppl that are participating all the time"

I agree, though my solution would be a bit different. I think that the original GP amount was too high.. especially with the buff not working and the forts not changing hands. But the buff is fixed now and the forts do change hands. The amount of GP you need in order to keep your rank is now far too low. People that are casually playing are hitting the mark without really even trying.

If the amount of GP was increased to what the average player can reasonably get if they attend say 90% of the sieges we would see the casual "old" players fall off the rankings pretty quickly -or- we would see them participating 90% of the time.. which is just as good if the goal is to have the transforms in the hands of players that participate.

ooh this is assuming i win every siege and get 210 gp each time...I mean its not a big deal. I am just asking its nice being able to xform... And let be real the 200+ people infront me not gonna quit ...So for newer players or people who re roll like myself we will never see xform.

They will never ever EVER do someting that strips people of their hard earned GP or render it useless. 

On the best case they will do something to week out inactives, but most people who are up there won't quit, so it won't take 5  years to get 5 stars, it will simply never happen for someone new. 

I got the GP I have in my KT toons in  the 4.0 era, and I have GP that would give me today the 100th position or so, if I decide to play it, Ill still would be back on the boards, even though I didn't earn any GP on the 5.0 era.

13 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

They will never ever EVER do someting that strips people of their hard earned GP or render it useless. 

On the best case they will do something to week out inactives, but most people who are up there won't quit, so it won't take 5  years to get 5 stars, it will simply never happen for someone new. 

I got the GP I have in my KT toons in  the 4.0 era, and I have GP that would give me today the 100th position or so, if I decide to play it, Ill still would be back on the boards, even though I didn't earn any GP on the 5.0 era.

which is exactly the problem, havent played it in a few years, but yet you can log into it, do a few sieges, and be on the board.. lmao and "hard earned GP" rofl wouldnt consider it hard earned when you could spam instances and afk them for GP..

So? You don’t see people afking in alliance all the time  at siege?  There has never been nor will there be a system that some people don’t abuse. So tired of people assuming that everyone with current rank didn’t earn it just as legitimately as anyone now. Many people didn’t afk to earn rank nor did they abuse P2w.

In addition, setting the bar at 90  % participation is way too high, of anything kick up the decay rate a bit more. This from someone who almost never misses a siege - but I don’t want to feel like I MUST I already have a job.  I really think the decay would be fairer and would help new people more

Then make is 80% or 75%. Decaying has been tried and it doesn't work either. I remember back in the day people saying that the governor of IS Asmos could not earn a single GP, just login once per week and even with GP decaying he would still be governor over a year later. GP disparity is just that high. 

Honestly the fix is if the instance is pvp should give some gp so ID, ec,arenas, dredge should give some gp.  Not just sieges so those who only login to do siege eventually get passed would be slow but it is something.  No Need to completely reinvent the wheel just make those who truly want to get rank have to do everything to keep and maintain once you make pvp stuff give gp again then can again raise the min gp needed a month to maintain

I would disagree, Tyd.

Transforms were designed to help the faction. The "top" 100 characters are rewarded with this nifty ultra-form to help your faction gain forts. "Push with the transforms!" If you don't siege, you don't need a transform and you shouldn't have one. The game got away from this design when they started tying gear to rank. At that point it was supremely unfair to deny players that couldn't siege rank since it was also denying them access to gear. Thankfully the devs got rid of that and so tying transforms (the only thing GP is used for) to sieges is fine.

We get AP for PvPing in openworld and from PvP instances. AP is something we all need to upgrade our Genesis Crystal gear. Rank doesn't help with openworld and it doesn't help in instances so there is no need to add GP rewards to either. Plus, if you did there would be way way way too much exploiting.

Rank is a tough issue. No doubt. And I don't think there will ever be a perfect solution or a way to balance the desires of newer players that want to transform and the feelings of those players with transforms who earned their ranks and would be upset to lose them.

5 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I would disagree, Tyd.

Transforms were designed to help the faction. The "top" 100 characters are rewarded with this nifty ultra-form to help your faction gain forts. "Push with the transforms!" If you don't siege, you don't need a transform and you shouldn't have one. The game got away from this design when they started tying gear to rank. At that point it was supremely unfair to deny players that couldn't siege rank since it was also denying them access to gear. Thankfully the devs got rid of that and so tying transforms (the only thing GP is used for) to sieges is fine.

We get AP for PvPing in openworld and from PvP instances. AP is something we all need to upgrade our Genesis Crystal gear. Rank doesn't help with openworld and it doesn't help in instances so there is no need to add GP rewards to either. Plus, if you did there would be way way way too much exploiting.

Rank is a tough issue. No doubt. And I don't think there will ever be a perfect solution or a way to balance the desires of newer players that want to transform and the feelings of those players with transforms who earned their ranks and would be upset to lose them.

I disagree transform should be as a result of actually pvping.  Most if not all of the current transforms gained theirs from npc trade in and eb online.  Now I do agree transforms should only be for siege those transforming for ow pvp make me laugh.  However Iwould much rather those working on genesis gear and actively doing pvp things be transforms and not those who login simply to do siege or afk it.  Do not strip gp and I am sure some would just reset instances with luna and p2w transform so maybe cap the total you can make per week.  Tying it to just siege now is to little to late ebonline has been done.  Many ideas how to do this but any would need Korean dev support so don't expect anything.

i wouldnt tie transforms to just siege, cuz they use the xform out side of siege as well... have had several asmos, and elyos xform, out in open world pvp just for the hell of it. I would have to say, if you're gonna tie transformations to sieges, then you should only be able to use it during siege, (like the siege buff is on only during sieges)

1 minute ago, Ele-DN said:

GP->AP npc. I would gladly trade all my GP for ap , like how it was reversed in 4.0

This is actually a good idea instead of a ap to gp npc have a gp to ap npc.  Gives the one thing that has truly been missing this patch.  A way besides doing one of the few fun things left in Aion which is siege and skipping it a way for people to actively gear and derank at same time.  Not all would do it but many would 

1 minute ago, Tyd-KT said:

and this is literally the mic drop.  LOL does a transform really, really need to be used to go after 1 person and then afk on safe pad

After one person that didn't even die*

Fixed that for you. :D

Archived