Beyond the Windstream: Producer's Letter - Happy Daeva's Day

Gideon

• Daeva

Greetings, and Happy Daeva's Day! Today marks 8 years since the launch of Aion's service in the West, and without you, our wonderful players, we would never have made it this far. Be sure to log in today to enjoy Kromede's Revenge, a full week of bonus XP, and more!

Server Merges
Mark your calendar — server merges are happening on October 11! We will be merging from 5 servers down to 2, named Katalam and Danaria as voted by the community. As you are aware, this is a project we’ve been planning for quite some time, and is a crucial effort to maintain the health of the game. Due to the relaxed server transfer restrictions, the time leading up to the merge may seem chaotic, but once things stabilize things will be much better. For the latest details and schedule on the server consolidation, please follow this link.

The Next Update
We’re already planning for the next update, Aion 5.8. We'll see the return of the Core of the Abyss and the Divine Fortress siege, as well as new instances and the next step in Aion's story. The update will launch early next year, so look for more details soon!

Coming Up
We're coming up quickly on our annual Harvest Revel celebration. We have some brand new events, a plethora of new costumes, and more! Lastly, keep an eye out for information on another of our projects - we can't give away too many details now, but we're certain it will greatly improve player experience.

Once again, Happy Daeva’s Day, and see you in game!

• Cyan pinned this topic

Ok, first off, what are you? Can I even be sure I know who you are? Didn't you use to be a Producer, or did you get that title wrong too?

Second, where is our Host, Community Manager, and Local-Valley-Girl-throwing-shade Hime?

Third, you guys are partners as in a couple?

Edit: Fourth, are we allowed to roast you?

Ffs, they're not a couple.

She just posted the other day about the prestige buying problem.

15 hours ago, SacrificialPower-SL said:

Second, where is our Host, Community Manager, and Local-Valley-Girl-throwing-shade Hime?

Third, you guys are partners as in a couple?

Interested to see what this project is. Is it the mobile game?

Gideon, Since last maintenance when you went to 32 bit, I have done nothing but constant dc. Can't run the event instance because I may cause someone else to lose their run. Seems like about every 30 minutes. Takes 7 minutes for the game to reload then says I am already logged in and dc's me again. Second time around it logs me in. Can't run dual client at all that's an instant dc. While I am playing and successfully complete an instance, such as Kamar Battlefield, when I get back to regular server I have no chat at all. No lfg, legion, nothing and have to restart the game.

So the question, you still plan to merge  servers with a lot of known issues right now? I don't have a lot of confidence that this will go smoothly. I am not the only one experiencing this and I play other games, such as GW2 and have no problems whatsoever.

This keeps popping up under costume rotation announcements on the main page.

We will also be rotating out a few old costumes so visit the in-game shop or web store here to see all the limited time items. Sale ends October 13, 2017.

However, when you visit that page, there are no old costumes that show up (it has been so since at least two costume rotations to my knowledge, so over a month), despite the message saying some will be rotated out. Is the error in the announcement or are skins being rotated out without showing up in that section ?

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived