Forums

Free Transfer Off EK to DN!!

Sgt Sneak

So I read the forums daily and I discuss with legionmates and friends different discussions. Now I had to do a double take when I was told server transfers off EK to DN was NOW a pay to move thing. I even began to question if my meomory was wrong so I went back to the original source and found that it still says on the Aion site that transfers to DN AND EK will be free until the 15th. Now since reading that i devoted quite a bit of time prepping my toon for the transfer only to read later in a forum post that now I will have to pay to transfer my EK toon to its soon to be home DN. I dont know about you all but to me that seems quite unethical coming from a company responsible for managing a game played by hundreds. If you go into most stores and they mis-advertise the price of a product they honor the price. I want my free transfer off the DEAD server of EK to my home in DN and I do not want to have to spend money on it ESPECIALLY with all the GP/AP/etc. issues going on. Do not renege on your word and force players to pay for something you said was free because this starts a slippery slope that furthers the distrust and loathing from the community to your staff.... Sneak out!

Screen Shot for your viewing pleasure and a reference for my statement!

1QFlfLF.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this is to not have every asmo xfer to DN and make it a reverse KT.  I've stated 3-4 months ago, EK would merge with KT due to the low elyos pop and high Asmo pop on EK, only made sense.  Free moves to DN would kill the balance of that server to the point of what it is on KT.

58 minutes ago, tonton-DN said:

@Cyan can u give us a quick reply to this, so we can make sure where this is going

Pretty sure there is not gonna be a quick reply to anything on these forums anytime soon as NcSoft has scheduled two merges in two games the week after a patch destroying an integral system in one of those games and so are probably up to their eyeballs at the moment. Its probably a lot more fun for Cyan to be prancing around on his GM Blade and Soul character than to be here on the forums answering to a community that has been shoveled shit for so long it is now rabid anyway.

• Aion Team

The website is out of date. Katalam was selected as the free transfer for a number of reasons. If you would like to transfer for DN it will have the normal transfer cost.

Okay @Cyan, what a nice thing to do. What a nice thing to do to update your policy last second. What a nice thing to pull the rug out from all the people who hoped they could go home. Oh, and to top it all off you didn't tell anyone!! You sneakily updated the website at the last second, and updated how you're doing transfers, and.. and.. didn't even go through the trouble of updating the website. Look. I've supported NC during a looooot of mess ups. I've understood a lot of things. I've never been this mad. I've paid for prestige for YEARS, I've bought skins, I've paid to support the game because I've believed in it. This though, this is just too terrible. 

Now to my main point. I've played this game for 7 years, paid prestige for 2 of them, bought skins for all of them. I started on TM, and only played on that server for all that time. I went to EK because I personally didn't like compensation gear and really liked the idea of a fresh start. I've worked so damn hard for this server. I've advertised it, I've helped new players, I've run instances with pugs, I've interacted with the community, I've brought SO. MANY. PEOPLE. BACK. AND KEPT THEM PLAYING, who wanted a fresh start on a game they always loved. I've played this game for 7 years, paid prestige for 2 of them, bought skins for all of them. I started on TM, and only played on that server for all that time. I went to EK because I personally didn't like compensation gear and really liked the idea of a fresh start.

Please NC. Let me go home. I'm not okay with this. This is sneaky. That's the only word I have for it. You promised something for two weeks, we worked hard those two weeks, and you pulled the rug out from under us. You're genuinely making me think of uninstalling the game. Something I haven't even considered in 7 years. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Elincia-EK said:

Okay @Cyan, what a nice thing to do. What a nice thing to do to update your policy last second. What a nice thing to pull the rug out from all the people who hoped they could go home. Oh, and to top it all off you didn't tell anyone!! You sneakily updated the website at the last second, and updated how you're doing transfers, and.. and.. didn't even go through the trouble of updating the website. Look. I've supported NC during a looooot of mess ups. I've understood a lot of things. I've never been this mad. I've paid for prestige for YEARS, I've bought skins, I've paid to support the game because I've believed in it. This though, this is just too terrible. 

Now to my main point. I've played this game for 7 years, paid prestige for 2 of them, bought skins for all of them. I started on TM, and only played on that server for all that time. I went to EK because I personally didn't like compensation gear and really liked the idea of a fresh start. I've worked so damn hard for this server. I've advertised it, I've helped new players, I've run instances with pugs, I've interacted with the community, I've brought SO. MANY. PEOPLE. BACK. AND KEPT THEM PLAYING, who wanted a fresh start on a game they always loved. I've played this game for 7 years, paid prestige for 2 of them, bought skins for all of them. I started on TM, and only played on that server for all that time. I went to EK because I personally didn't like compensation gear and really liked the idea of a fresh start.

Please NC. Let me go home. I'm not okay with this. This is sneaky. That's the only word I have for it. You promised something for two weeks, we worked hard those two weeks, and you pulled the rug out from under us. You're genuinely making me think of uninstalling the game. Something I haven't even considered in 7 years. Thank you. 

Cyan probably doesn't have any power over this. If anything he is going to tell someone at NC that will tell someone, that in his turn will tell someone else about it, and that someone might have to tell someone other. And then after a few weeks we might get any answer.

ANYWAY... if you don't want to go to KT, I advise to not transfer so far and WAIT. If you do want to go KT, just transfer as fast as you can.

This is stupid dude, It's not like is going to affect that much the balance, such as myself did an alt on EK just to play with friends of another server and I wanted to transfer my character back to DN where all my other characters are, how the nyerk is that going to affect the "balance" of the server when I'm already there! And then you change you policy about the free transfer and you don't even bother to update the website, you shouldn't change it because of this, a lot of people are really mad and you just making people thinking of quitting the game because of it, I'm not doing it because it was an alt and I didn't cared that much but it's really nyerking stupid, if you are going to post something like that and then change your mind later, don't even bother post about it then ffs.

4 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Cyan probably doesn't have any power over this. If anything he is going to tell someone at NC that will tell someone, that in his turn will tell someone else about it, and that someone might have to tell someone other. And then after a few weeks we might get any answer.

ANYWAY... if you don't want to go to KT, I advise to not transfer so far and WAIT. If you do want to go KT, just transfer as fast as you can.

Thanks, totally agree. Gonna wait and hope they do something about it.

Even if I wanted to transfer, I can't because I still have a house and they locked the housing. I feel like I'm being forced to merge to KT for being an active member of EK. There's nothing wrong with KT, it's just not my home, and it's not where my friends are/will be.

I honestly wouldn't mind paying the transfer fee if we weren't currently also dealing with the GP/AP bug and if they told us before hand that it would be a paid transfer.

@Cyan

Now you all have to know that deceiving players and leading them on by boasting about free transfers off EK and then withdraw that promise after publicly announcing would create an uproar. Many have worked and planned based off this original statement and are now forced to either pay to move their character or be separated from their friends. This is unethical and as a result you stand to lose some of your more loyal players. I am appalled that you all would use such under the table means to manipulate players and force more money for something that should be free and is not our fault to the players that kept the EK server alive this long. I want my gladiator moved to Danaria with it's brothers/sisters and all my friends. I should not have to pay to reunite my characters because of your choice to shutdown a server. I am one player with main characters on DN how would this be upsetting the balance of servers when I am already on DN and Actively playing there. Bringing my Gladiator to DN will not change the server population and will not bolster the numbers of asmos in any way. It will only allow me to consolidate my characters and resources. Do not cheat and screw over one of your most loyal players for $20 petty dollars......dafuq

I played this game for about 9 months I still have alot to learn but... I havent been this disappointed in a game for a very long time. Me and my Legion Family have worked so hard the past 2 weeks and then we find out that Nc wants us to pay for the Transfer to DN. All I can ask u Nc do u want ppl to quit? Cuz if u do then good job! I am really disappointed even though im new to the game compared to other ppl.

The FAQ has always stated that it would cost money to go to DN, they have the numbers and its within their right with the data they see to charge people to go to a server that they feel has an imbalance problem. This was just not very clear on the main page but it was in the FAQ. Nothing to see here, move along

Archived