I guess we are going for the high score on pissing players off!

Sgt Sneak

13 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

I always read references to Tia event but I have no idea what was it. What happened? I was away for 5 years before 6.2.

One of the greatest clusternyerks of aion up until 6.5 era. NcSoft tried to placate the player base with an unannounced power up weekend event to try and get us to shut up at the time or maybe just see how stupid we are that if we would buy stigmas and tempering from bcm even after they pissed in our cheerios over the tia eye.

23 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

I always read references to Tia event but I have no idea what was it. What happened? I was away for 5 years before 6.2.

We had an event which had a portal that brought us to the old Tiamaranta's Eye map. In this map, there were fattie mobs everyone farmed to get items needed to purchase event rewards. The rewards were really helpful for us to purify our 75AP pvp gear to 80AP. About 12 hours after the event launched, NCsoft decided they had been too generous with the rewards list. Without warning us, they removed the event NPC where we would buy our rewards. They did not add it back until days later, and once added back, the prices were much higher. Basically, they made an in-game announcement that the event NPC would be removed until further notice, so we all dropped alliance from killing Sunyaka and ran back to where the NPC was to purchase items. However, they had already removed the NPC before even making the in-game announcement. So a lot of us had farmed that first day, excited to buy the purifying materials needed for our pvp gear, but NCsoft turned our grind into a complete waste of time. It was an event we were all insanely excited about; people came back to the game because of it. Pvp on the map was active. People were making friends with the opposite faction (you could talk to them without a translator). Everyone was just generally having fun. NCsoft absolutely destroyed any joy we felt about the event on the very first day.

5 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

We had an event which had a portal that brought us to the old Tiamaranta's Eye map. In this map, there were fattie mobs everyone farmed to get items needed to purchase event rewards. The rewards were really helpful for us to purify our 75AP pvp gear to 80AP. About 12 hours after the event launched, NCsoft decided they had been too generous with the rewards list. Without warning us, they removed the event NPC where we would buy our rewards. They did not add it back until days later, and once added back, the prices were much higher. Basically, they made an in-game announcement that the event NPC would be removed until further notice, so we all dropped alliance from killing Sunyaka and ran back to where the NPC was to purchase items. However, they had already removed the NPC before even making the in-game announcement. So a lot of us had farmed that first day, excited to buy the purifying materials needed for our pvp gear, but NCsoft turned our grind into a complete waste of time. It was an event we were all insanely excited about; people came back to the game because of it. Pvp on the map was active. People were making friends with the opposite faction (you could talk to them without a translator). Everyone was just generally having fun. NCsoft absolutely destroyed any joy we felt about the event on the very first day.

OMG!

Why am I still here? =(

I should be so excited that I got 1.5 billion kinah (so far) from this EK giveaway (yes I had 4 accounts with characters at 80, and I'm still selling some of the GST skill skins, so it will be another 400m or so) but I'm not ecited at all because I know that this GP/AP bug wont be the last one they will take weeks to resolve...

just sad and here we are going on our second week of no AP with no talk of a plan in sight. No one here to explain what we are really looking at. Even if it was just to give a small update on the status of the troubleshooting process or to query us on how we would like different plans....maybe even a poll with the different contingencies....ANYTHING would be nice

@Konkers-EK holy kinah...share that ish bro

To add to the Tia Eye thing, the rewards were originally priced for small group farming, but it turned out you could farm in alliance (league?), so people were getting more faster than NC had intended and raised the prices to match the ease of acquisition.

The prices for Tia event were adjusted for Korean players, which at that time the game there was subscription based. Both the devs and NCWest knew they had to adjust the prices before the event came but failed to do so, resulting ultimately in the game's disaster. It was so bad, half my legion quit the game and hasn't really bothered much to return. Even now, the game is far more unrewarding than in 5.8.

It's very unfortunate we're fighting a battle we can't win. We're not even asking for big things, but just to restore transformation duration to its original time and make GST like it was in KR (and that includes transparent scrolls).

23 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

OMG!

Why am I still here? =(

I should be so excited that I got 1.5 billion kinah (so far) from this EK giveaway (yes I had 4 accounts with characters at 80, and I'm still selling some of the GST skill skins, so it will be another 400m or so) but I'm not ecited at all because I know that this GP/AP bug wont be the last one they will take weeks to resolve...

And this is why the EK surveys were a really really bad idea. WAY TO SCREW UP ANOTHER THING, NCWEST.

WAY.

TO.

GO.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, SneakAttack-DN said:

@Konkers-EK holy kinah...share that ish bro

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

And this is why the EK surveys were a really really bad idea. WAY TO SCREW UP ANOTHER THING, NCWEST.

WAY.

TO.

GO.

3 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Shit, I'm running around with 300mil, and that's only because I had a couple omegas to sell. NCsoft pls.

I'm sorry I miscalculated that! I already had some kinah and bought some stuff from the broker with the help of the 250m we got as soon as I logged in and sold for a higher price later.

It will be around 1.5b total minus the 432m that I made on the elyos account, which I used to buy 2800 ncoin. So, I'll end up having 1.2b ish when I move to KT and later on to DN.

@SneakAttack-DN I know you have he dollars to get yourself some kinah. I'm brazilian and US$1 = R$4 (BRL). I can't afford that!

Tia Eye disaster was the reason I lost faith in this company and realized they're not very professional at all. Also the time when I decided to never give them any money again. Nyerk me around once, shame on you. Nyerk me around twice, shame on me.

10 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

OMG!

Why am I still here? =(

Lucky you! :)

Not everybody has so many accounts in EK.

I think the game should not be so miser/avaricious with kinah it is making players so very poor.  What's wrong to give a bit more money?

Archived