Is World Boss Stealing an Offense?

Vexkiller-KT

1 hour ago, Tiffany-DN said:

Yes kill stealing is against the TOS if you had your name on it to begin with

Huh? No one can have their name on mobs in the open world. If it was against ToS they would of used the first hit gets the mob mechanic in other games.

58 minutes ago, Tiffany-DN said:

It is against the TOS to steal mobs from another group of players if you checked... People got banned in 3.0 for stealing sunayaka from their faction

I do not often call people out for being full of shugo's but you sir or mam are so full of shugo's with this statement.

4 hours ago, Vexkiller-KT said:

General question - a league (two alliances) of elyos spawned the world boss in katalam and after the boss spawned, another group of just 6 people out DPSd the alliance (somehow?) and those 6 got all of the WB loot. Is this an offense?

There is no such thing as "stealing" a boss in Aion. Otherwise there would have been specific game mechanics that wouldn't allow "outsiders" to even attack it. Lesson learned, either make sure you have more dps than outsiders or make sure you spawn it a time that not many people are online to steal it.

The catch here is that you spawned it, so somehow it must be for you. but in a free game, even a group of asmodians could appear to kill it.

2 hours ago, Tiffany-DN said:

It is against the TOS to steal mobs from another group of players if you checked... People got banned in 3.0 for stealing sunayaka from their faction

How did people steal Sunayaka from their faction? Wasn't Sunayaka a world boss that spawned in Tiamaranta eye? Wasn't it there open for everyone to dps (asmos and elyos too)? Who had the ownership of it so others "stole" from?

40 minutes ago, TickleBunny-KT said:

This indeed was an offense.  It was griefing your own faction.  People did indeed get penalized for it.

People indeed lied to you and Tiffany that is for sure. 

What you are saying is if you get first hit on a boss then it is yours. That has never been Aion's style. That is like saying if myself and a templar went and got first hit on sunayaka we have rights to it and can get anyone that comes along and out DPS's us banned. Shugonic.

9 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

People indeed lied to you and Tiffany that is for sure. 

What you are saying is if you get first hit on a boss then it is yours. That has never been Aion's style. That is like saying if myself and a templar went and got first hit on sunayaka we have rights to it and can get anyone that comes along and out DPS's us banned. Shugonic.

This is a mentality a lot of people still have today. Remember not so long time ago people made complaints for players being "selfish" and not sharing Anomos for examples. Some people thought it was their "right" to get loots. Heck some people in LFG wanted "justice" for it.

I still remember the heat for people bringing a ton of afk alts just so they can roll on the weapon and then high ranked legions decided to not be in the league trying to get it for themselves and keep a list of people that helped in order to get in queue for the weapons.

I belonged to the happy class not to ever need a world boss weapon, so I always enjoyed the heat.

Time ago 1 person did get the anomos' aggro and inmediatly it went to the opposite faction outpost, so we lost the boss and the another faction got it. In a server with a few people some of them reported it and the answer was "no problem here". 100% confirmed then, stealing isn't an offence or against the law.

25 minutes ago, Youmu-EK said:

Time ago 1 person did get the anomos' aggro and inmediatly it went to the opposite faction outpost, so we lost the boss and the another faction got it. In a server with a few people some of them reported it and the answer was "no problem here". 100% confirmed then, stealing isn't an offence or against the law.

Exactly... as a matter of fact, stealing the world boss is a game feature, it is meant to be fought for and whoever manages to get it can simply enjoy the loot.

10 hours ago, Vexkiller-KT said:

General question - a league (two alliances) of elyos spawned the world boss in katalam and after the boss spawned, another group of just 6 people out DPSd the alliance (somehow?) and those 6 got all of the WB loot. Is this an offense?

No. It isn't. All bosses, whether naturally occurring or spawned, are dps race for anyone that cares to try of either race.

Ofc, though, there can be consequences if a group steals a boss from a group in their own faction, if your faction cares to hold a group responsible for that behavior. So if Legion A spawns a boss and Legion B swoops in and takes the boss, Legion A can get their members and their friends not to run with Legion B. The only problem there is that Legion B just out-dpsed Legion A so chances are Legion A doesn't need anyone of Legion B's caliber to help them progress. In other words, Legion A are scrubs and Legion B feels they don't matter so have no issue taking from them. In fact, Legion B is probably cackling that they took from those people standing next to them in a siege.

Welcome to Aion.

11 minutes ago, Vexkiller-KT said:

Thank you all for input! I reported them for damage hack. NCSoft can review if they hacked or not. I find it difficult that 6 people, mainly one person, can take agro and DPS from an entire league. Blows my mind.

I wouldn't recommend that. First, I can tell you with 100% certainty what Support will do. They will thank you for the report, tell you they will investigate and inform you that for privacy reason, they can't tell you the outcome. Then they will take your report and shitcan it. Support wouldn't know a hack if it wore a big funny hat and stood on their desks singing Yankee Doodle Dandy. Second, it is 100% possible for super geared people to not only take agro from an alliance of undergeared players, but they can easily outdps them while laughing all the way to the bank.

What you should take away from this experience is that this is the way Aion is. Players can be really helpful and wonderful. They will give you the shirt of their backs. Players can also be toxic bags of excrement. If you aren't "them", you are less than nothing and taking things from you is their right. The only thing you can do is decide which one you will be.

There's no damage hack, to be honest far as I know there's only atk speed ones related to "dmg output", no other.

Also, it's completely normal be outdpsed by low number of players if that players are geared. My legion aways take altars vs small legions on a 12 vs 30+ Elyos.

If you really care about world bosses and want/need the weapon that drop from it, my advice is to just join a big legion and kill WB with them, it's the easiest way.

I had to laugh at the git gud comment. I feel your pain bro but this is the life of an Aion player. Either you bring the heat or you get burned. As Aly said support won't do anything. They are probably too busy  breaking and patching the tattered parts of the game together to worry about one lost WB. Don't worry next time I'll come and save the day all you have to do is whisper sneakattack three times while doing the forbidden dance. 

DPS formula allows one player to be better than many combined. Let me give you a mock example.

Lets say one boss has 10k m.def
1 pro player has 19k m.attack
   19.000 m.attack - 10.000 m.def = 9.000 m.attack thrown into the dps formula
5 nubs have 11k m.attack each.
   5x(11.000 m.attack - 10.000 m.def) = 5x 1.000 = 5.000 m.attack thrown into the dps formula

M.crit: pro player most likely has like 6k while the nubs might have 2k
Skills: the pro player might be at +15 stigmas or +15 daevanions (or both), the nubs might not even have +9 set
Skill rotation: I assume the pro player knows better how to skill rotate

~~~
In this scenario the solo guy might be twice as good as 5 new players combined! I know it is an extreme example, but it just happened with 6 people vs a league.

If 6 people snatched your league-wig, then you need to get your hair did better.

saxN4Ra.gif

Archived