Sad

Ele-DN

So they threw the real Aion to the garbage bin when they started focusing on a mobile Aion which was destined to flop, and when it flopped they announced they are closing it, who could have ever thought it would flop right? This is why they retardified the actual Aion and deleted 90% of the game in 6.x. What could have possibly gone wrong?

There is not a single Aion player that quit the real Aion for a mobile fake-mmorpg that simply has the same title and nothing else. The only games possible to play correctly on mobiles or tablets are arcade type games, mmorpgs are not designed for that and if they are designed to be playable in a mobile they are not as action based as real games in PCs.

Also people who play mobile games rarely ever bother with mmorpgs, so I doubt non-Aion players jumped in the wagon for the mobile Aion. Heck if there is any non-Aion players interested in Aion... he/she will most likely try the real Aion.

Lastly NCSoft doesn't have its own universe so as to have a big phat fan base, like Blizzard has for example, if Blizzard makes one of their titles in mobile, it will skyrocket just by the amount of people emotionally attached to the Blizzard universe. The real Aion is bleeding for years and they should be happy we are still playing it.

That aion announcement has like 7 replies... I am sure these are their whole player base
https://forums.aionlegionsofwar.com/topic/634-aion-legions-of-war-is-coming-to-an-end/

Now that faux-Aion flopped, focus on the actual Aion please.

Here:

bqIcqkd.jpg

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So they threw the real Aion to the garbage bin when they started focusing on a mobile Aion which was destined to flop, and when it flopped they announced they are closing it, who could have ever thought it would flop right? This is why they retardified the actual Aion and deleted 90% of the game in 6.x. What could have possibly gone wrong?

There is not a single Aion player that quit the real Aion for a mobile fake-mmorpg that simply has the same title and nothing else. The only games possible to play correctly on mobiles or tablets are arcade type games, mmorpgs are not designed for that and if they are designed to be playable in a mobile they are not as action based as real games in PCs.

Also people who play mobile games rarely ever bother with mmorpgs, so I doubt non-Aion players jumped in the wagon for the mobile Aion. Heck if there is any non-Aion players interested in Aion... he/she will most likely try the real Aion.

Lastly NCSoft doesn't have its own universe so as to have a big phat fan base, like Blizzard has for example, if Blizzard makes one of their titles in mobile, it will skyrocket just by the amount of people emotionally attached to the Blizzard universe. The real Aion is bleeding for years and they should be happy we are still playing it.

That aion announcement has like 7 replies... I am sure these are their whole player base
https://forums.aionlegionsofwar.com/topic/634-aion-legions-of-war-is-coming-to-an-end/

Now that faux-Aion flopped, focus on the actual Aion please.

Theres more to that. They do have a discord, reddit, facebook and forums. Just like this game, only a few uses those. The problem here and there was the communication between the devs and players. Players that played before global launch gave feedback that they never implemented/fixed. Packs ingame where you can buy got more expensive after global. There was a decent amount of players playing then. Right after launch where most of us started playing(I). Theres a good portion that liked the game style(mobile,gacha) and some because it was aion related. The game isn't a mobile mmo. I have my opinion on those too.

As for the decline, it started a month or 2? after launch where they cut the ability to buy energy in half or more, which is used to do things in game. This was because it was "unhealthy" for the game. Reason for that is probably because it would be less money for them because currency can be obtained in game, or there wasn't enough content for players to get to end game way too quick. Like limiting those ancient enchantment stones to 5 and forcing them to buy bcm. There could be more but thats what i thought when it happened. This is still the case where you can buy plenty of energy(did half because of player feedback) or there almost none of because the shop that sells them correlates to the event that is going on(which players still complain about). On top of that, lots of bugs, content that is added and then bugs fixed weeks, months later and more of those" its being worked on".

lastly is mostly related to communication. In September or October, they cut out support for Bluestacks, where you can play mobile games on the pc(emulator).It was to improve the game loadtimes/optimization which did work and possibly cut out the cheating going on with the rankings. It was litreally announced after the update where players complained about game not working on bluestacks. 

Lately, with the coronavirus, they did announce what was going on with devs regarding patch update which i would say is good, unlike this game even tho its not as effected. Since that happened, they ran repeated events till now,half energy usage, etc. It was hard to believe(some did) that even with all that "communication" and its "coming soon" that they are taking the game down.

As for player count..daily. I'd say less than 1000.. not sure if 500 more based on event ranks ingame. Just like this game and many others, is that they get players to play early on, make them quit and does zero advertising. 

I play AION, Legions of War on my phone. Ya it wasn't the greatest but it did give me a lil AION fix while waiting in Doctors offices, etc. So it's coming to an end already? This sucks big hairy blue MONKEY BALLS!!

I only play 4 or 5 games on my phone because I prefer my gamer at home with it's 50" screen. I have Star Trek Fleet Command that I really enjoy, Game of Thrones Conquest, AION Legions of War, Pokemon Go, and a Disney game and that's it on my phone. I'm just not real big on mobile games and really only play them when I'm tied up waiting on someone for whatever reason. I'm not a patient woman and they do help me pass the time without me getting up and pacing making others nervous, lol.

17 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Had a bit of a giggle because Woojin (Woo-DN) quit retail Aion to play mobile Aion

*lolfeelsbad*

6 hours ago, xCarlx-KT said:

No f*s given actually, they knew whats gonna happen when they took the generic mobile "mmorpg" formula and pasted aion names on top of it, in an poor attempt to overmilk other game.

Exactly, and it wasn;t even the first ones to make one, there are tons of games in smartphones so it is not like it was any nuclear revolution.

7 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

https://aion2.plaync.com/ This is the actual Aion right? HEHEHE

not another mobile friendly game please :D

I am waiting until they decide to make the overhaul in Aion too like they did in Linege and Blade and Soul. When they upgrade it to Unreal Engine 4 it might start getting some fixes.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

not another mobile friendly game please :D

I am waiting until they decide to make the overhaul in Aion too like they did in Linege and Blade and Soul. When they upgrade it to Unreal Engine 4 it might start getting some fixes.

I doubt it will ever get to that engine upgrade. It had its chance when they did refly Aion update for 6.0 however nothing came of it so i think that boat has sailed.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I doubt it will ever get to that engine upgrade. It had its chance when they did refly Aion update for 6.0 however nothing came of it so i think that boat has sailed.

The thing is that Lineage II never stopped being their most played game in Korea, they have millions of players, so this is why they remastered it and kept updating it for like 16 years or something.

I was an avid Lineage II player but the game got destroyed when they destroyed and merged the classes. Yet it still revived after they did their first overhaul of the game and there they are today.

I only hope at one point they will realize that they do not have that many game titles and they need to give a try on all of them, including Aion. The only thing they need to think is all the wrong things they did to the game and fix it, it will slowly revive. There are not that many good mmorpgs out there so if they try it it will revive. but they have to stop screwing the classes and fix some of the imbalance and fill the gap they created in 6.0.

As i said in another post, Farmville, a flash browser game in Facebook had millions of users and it was nothing but a 2D game where you set up a farm and collected rewards, if they ever botehred to fix the housing system to the point it could have been a game of its own, we could have had the Aion ingame version of Sims Online. More cinematics in questing, more pve options and if class imbalance is something they are not willing to fix they could foxus on more things other than just pvp.

52 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The thing is that Lineage II never stopped being their most played game in Korea, they have millions of players, so this is why they remastered it and kept updating it for like 16 years or something.

I was an avid Lineage II player but the game got destroyed when they destroyed and merged the classes. Yet it still revived after they did their first overhaul of the game and there they are today.

I only hope at one point they will realize that they do not have that many game titles and they need to give a try on all of them, including Aion. The only thing they need to think is all the wrong things they did to the game and fix it, it will slowly revive. There are not that many good mmorpgs out there so if they try it it will revive. but they have to stop screwing the classes and fix some of the imbalance and fill the gap they created in 6.0.

As i said in another post, Farmville, a flash browser game in Facebook had millions of users and it was nothing but a 2D game where you set up a farm and collected rewards, if they ever botehred to fix the housing system to the point it could have been a game of its own, we could have had the Aion ingame version of Sims Online. More cinematics in questing, more pve options and if class imbalance is something they are not willing to fix they could foxus on more things other than just pvp.

Removing PvPvE from Aion is removing faction v faction content, This games very foundation is the faction v faction content even the lore is about that. Mistakes made after no PvE servers pale in to comparison how many players Aion would of had from the west if PvP was completely removed from the game. How do you go about fixing the mistake that made your game so great to those who enjoy the PvPvE niche?

Beyond this how they screwed up the game differs from person to person. Example: My list

1. No PvE servers(western based view)
  2. Event driven gameplay
  3. GP system
  4. Arena based PvP(primarily the ability to fight your own faction)
  5. Instances being changed from daily to weekly CD's 

How much does your to 5 list differ from mine? How much would someone else's top 5 differ from both mine and your lists of mistakes they have made. You have to think about  it. If someone wants a PvE focused game you do not want Aion they want a PvE focused game. That is not revamping/fixing their mistakes that is developing an entirely new game from scratch.

28 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Removing PvPvE from Aion is removing faction v faction content, This games very foundation is the faction v faction content even the lore is about that. Mistakes made after no PvE servers pale in to comparison how many players Aion would of had from the west if PvP was completely removed from the game. How do you go about fixing the mistake that made your game so great to those who enjoy the PvPvE niche?

Beyond this how they screwed up the game differs from person to person. Example: My list

1. No PvE servers(western based view)
  2. Event driven gameplay
  3. GP system
  4. Arena based PvP(primarily the ability to fight your own faction)
  5. Instances being changed from daily to weekly CD's 

How much does your to 5 list differ from mine? How much would someone else's top 5 differ from both mine and your lists of mistakes they have made. You have to think about  it. If someone wants a PvE focused game you do not want Aion they want a PvE focused game. That is not revamping/fixing their mistakes that is developing an entirely new game from scratch.

I never said remove the pvp at all, but a game that has the exact same instances the last 2 years with 1 addition every 3~4 months is dead content. PvP then gets destroyed by everything about the mechanics from classes to gear etc.

What I meant is that I for example am a skin hoarder, there are plenty of skins I do not have and never put them back in game. other people like housing and designing a house. Gathering, crafting etc, is totally useless. The system was so complex and had so many things that there were people who even enjoyed searching for materials to craft a skin from handicrafting for example. All of this is now gone.

Having pvp is ok, but when being forced to revolve around it, then a big chunk of people who don't care about it that much will simply quit. Pve...? I have done 300 pf runs in 6.x alone, I refuse to do any more in 7.0 just to get another pve gear that will be made obsolete in the next patch.
~~
As for your list:

1. No PvE servers(western based view), I would have no problem having a pve only server, but with the current game a pve server would mean you would have nothing else to do other than run PF/IDD and stellin continuously. It would simply close from not having enough people. For those who want a pve only game, Pernon could have been it, a map dedicated to housing, gathering and styling. But they failed. I am a sorc, I no longer pvp because it sucks to be a walking dummy, but I would never play in a pve server with nothing to do.

2. Event driven gameplay. Events are part of the game, they offer limited time instances, the way they implement them might be wrong, like when the pet event gives you one selectable daevanion EVERY day, then you know whoever is not playing at the moment will never get the chance to get his daevanions to +15. Outside this event, getting daevanions is retarded-hard. I agree events bring back players but at the same time events are more important than playing the actual game and actual instances. I do not do PF anymore, I miss absolutely nothing, but I do the pet event and I get me a 300m kinah worth reward every day!

3. GP system, it is about ranks, if we are going to have ranks then the GP system is the best thing they ever implemented. when AP was the ranking system, pve heroes were the highest ranks and they didn't dare to get out of town in fear of losing hardly earned AP. GP made the highest ranks to be the most pvp offensive people, not the safe zone carebears. The fact it resets every months is also the single most reasonable thing to do. I managed to become governor when I was active, I am Rank 1 now that I do nothing GP wise. And it is the right thing. I cannot hold a rank when I am absent from active pvp and sieges. Once you wing a gold medal in Olympics, you cannot go every 4 years to collect another gold medal just by being there and just because you won one once, you have to run again to be first. Perma ranks were what made the game worse.

4. Arena based PvP(primarily the ability to fight your own faction). I am a sorc, arenas were never meant for my class. I haven't done arenas since 5.x or something and I'll never do them, especially now that pvp lasts 1second at max. Arenas should have been class based, so you cannot have a few broken classes outplaying everyone just by retarded mechanics. Then it would mean something.

5. Instances being changed from daily to weekly CD's. You can reset them though, you can do 1 instance per day if you want right? The change was made so people who cannot play every day won't miss their entries. I do not see this as a bad thing. Since you can even reset the entries and have as many as you want. But I understand what you mean, like if the instance entries were monthly, then people would do their entries the first 2~3 days and then have nothing to do for the rest of the month unless they would reset. It is like Lakrum urgent orders, once you do the weeklies and the urgent orders (the 1st day) you almost have no reason to go back to lakrum again. when urgent orders were daily it was kinda a reward for those that went back to pvp, to get rewards that not all people who get. This is not a game kilelr though, if the game had many more things to do, people would still fill their days with something more to do.

@Archangelos-KT Since i do not know much about L2 i can not comment so maybe your points are falling short for me. What did L2 do in their overhaul to make it better? 

Maybe due to this when i think overhauling the game i think bringing back mechanics that worked in the past back to the game while L2 may of done something totally different so we are thinking different wavelengths.

6 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

@Archangelos-KT Since i do not know much about L2 i can not comment so maybe your points are falling short for me. What did L2 do in their overhaul to make it better? 

Maybe due to this when i think overhauling the game i think bringing back mechanics that worked in the past back to the game while L2 may of done something totally different so we are thinking different wavelengths.

L2 upgraded its mechanics to a more 21st century game, previously the skills were like 5 per class the rest were fillers, no jumping etc. Now when I saw L2 the characters could kind of jump, at least there were leaping skills etc. But they also upgrade the graphics etc and also the game play changed, previously it was a "kill 100000000 mobs to get XP and get drops", they changed the whole aspect of the game with more things, like quests and other means of earning items etc.

Of course Aion already ha these, and their 6.x relaunch failed because they fixed absolutely nothing, and their only change was to destroy the economy and delete 90% of the game. That wasn't a relaunch, it was a destruction. An Aion true relaunch would be to make everything that worked before work again, and bring more than 5 pve instances and 4pvp instances.

what I kind of also like in L2 is that there was practically one big continuous map, at least originally, I am not sure if they have more instanced maps now like Aion does.

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Of course Aion already ha these, and their 6.x relaunch failed because they fixed absolutely nothing, and their only change was to destroy the economy and delete 90% of the game. That wasn't a relaunch, it was a destruction. An Aion true relaunch would be to make everything that worked before work again, and bring more than 5 pve instances and 4pvp instances.

Yes but that leaves it at what worked before? There is the obvious things like upgrading materials being sell able on the broker bringing personal shops/trading and what not back. 

Then it just leaves the problematic mechanics that made the game fun. As an example rifting. Many will say it is a bad mechanic that ruins the game for PvErs and serves no purpose while others can argue most of their fun with-in the game was beating the rifters and gaining access to the instance they were intending to do. Lastly you have the rifters themselves who enjoy being chased around the world by 20 people.

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Yes but that leaves it at what worked before? There is the obvious things like upgrading materials being sell able on the broker bringing personal shops/trading and what not back. 

Then it just leaves the problematic mechanics that made the game fun. As an example rifting. Many will say it is a bad mechanic that ruins the game for PvErs and serves no purpose while others can argue most of their fun with-in the game was beating the rifters and gaining access to the instance they were intending to do. Lastly you have the rifters themselves who enjoy being chased around the world by 20 people.

First they could re-implement non invasive aspects that simply made the game polymorphic. like gathering, professions, aethertapping, morphing, housing... heck they could implement something like fishing. These are game features that one can brag they have, it is additional things that you can do in a game environment. There will be plenty of people that might not bother with those, and many that will, it doesn't hurt to have them.

There are rifts throughout the leveling maps but nobody uses them because leveling to 80 takes hours. I once went to essencetap some pandora material in gelkmaros and I saw a low level elyos there which I obviously killed with my risiel level 80 alt char. I can safely say that the majority of people didn't like rifting because it was abused by twinks at lower levels, while higher level rifting... nobody could have a problem, we had it during Norsvold times, leveling wasn't even done in Norsvold, but rather in Fissure of Oblivion or Fallen Poeta. Rifting is bad because it is like exclusive pvp for those who seek for it, not for everyone. shared maps are the future to them as it seems. It worked during Tiamaranta days and it kinda worked when Lakrum was implemented.

But one thing is sure, deleting content is not upgrading. They could implement lower instances for the leveling process or give them tiers, like why delete CoE? Have Coe easy mode, Coe normal mode and CoE hard mode with different rewards.

Archived