Weekly Server Maintenance - February 10, 2021

Arctic

34 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

The features you wish to see returned were removed for pay to win reasons.

They want to sell your PvE and PvP enchantment stones separately. (That's why they raised the limit from +10 to +15)

They want to sell you ultimate manastones. (That's why you now have 17 x 3 sockets)

They want to sell you Stigma enchant stones. (That's why the +15 was added)

They want you to subscribe to the Prestige Pass  (There is no other practical way to get A rank minions).

The more enchants fail, the more stones they can sell you. (It's a miracle they succeed at all)

With each update patch, they introduced new items you have to buy with real money, hence increasing the gear inequality gap for people on low incomes.

They went to far with the pay to win, and the player numbers in NA declined as a result.

That is what i am getting at, Those items being sold to players is a non factor it is the fact that people can not obtain them through playing which affects their sales. It is a serious problem when the closest thing to playing is waiting around for a good event to come along and give you items you need to catch up for free because they made an event better than it should of been.

unknown.png

It is legitimately projected through their Earnings that the playable features drove their sales. 

The numbers in Aion is down world wide it is not simply an NA issue. Hell KR just announced they are merging from 6 servers in to 2 servers as well. Which is why when i talk about changes they do not even need to innovate or change the cash shop. They just need to make these items available through playable features that already exist/existed in the past.

Edit: They did have a jump when 6.0 was released but that was due to the dead promises they made to the community and had a constant drop outside major patch releases 6.0/7.0.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT

54 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

The features you wish to see returned were removed for pay to win reasons.

They want to sell your PvE and PvP enchantment stones separately. (That's why they raised the limit from +10 to +15)

They want to sell you ultimate manastones. (That's why you now have 17 x 3 sockets)

They want to sell you Stigma enchant stones. (That's why the +15 was added)

They want you to subscribe to the Prestige Pass  (There is no other practical way to get A rank minions).

The more enchants fail, the more stones they can sell you. (It's a miracle they succeed at all)

With each update patch, they introduced new items you have to buy with real money, hence increasing the gear inequality gap for people on low incomes.

They went to far with the pay to win, and the player numbers in NA declined as a result.

But seeing as ncsoft make their money from everywhere else and give them the better rewards/option i cant understand why they get a single red cent from na players...SPY BUYERS TO GIVE A FALSE SENSE THAT NA PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY SPENDING AND I SWEAR I KNOW SOME OF THESE SPIES ON THIS FORUM AND YOU CAN GUESS WHO THEY ARE BY THEIR POST LOL...ANYONE THAT DEFEND NCSOFT IN ANYWAY IS A SPY!

42 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

SPY BUYERS TO GIVE A FALSE SENSE THAT NA PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY SPENDING AND I SWEAR I KNOW SOME OF THESE SPIES ON THIS FORUM AND YOU CAN GUESS WHO THEY ARE BY THEIR POST LOL...ANYONE THAT DEFEND NCSOFT IN ANYWAY IS A SPY!

No they are actual spenders. They spend because Aion is their life and they will have a very hard time if it ever shut down.

I suppose manufacturing could help. Making xeross-clearsky is practically impossible. Buying things with real money (enchantment stones, stigmata enchantments, skins, etc.) to sell for kinah, and with those kinah buying equipment would be a good alternative, for those of us who do not spend real money. Basically, I would manufacture and with the profits I would buy what someone else would buy with real money. (It's what I did in 5.x and 6.x). It's what I do at BDO with skins, furniture, etc. Manufacturing in Aion is expensive (in kinah) and laborious, that's what they should keep but at least they can get the ingredients to make decent equipment. Manufacturing moves pvp and pve in the open world, and this I say from experience.

😀Please, if someone understands what I wrote and can express it better than me, please do so. I use a translator and I don't know how reliable it is.😁

8 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

thats sad!

If it brings them enjoyment in the now who are we to complain. It will be sad when the game closes down for them but then again, We are all hear on a forum talking about a game that is doing very poor in our region to the point where bots probably outnumber actual players so it is also sad we still talk about and try to improve aion.

17 minutes ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

I suppose manufacturing could help. Making xeross-clearsky is practically impossible. Buying things with real money (enchantment stones, stigmata enchantments, skins, etc.) to sell for kinah, and with those kinah buying equipment would be a good alternative, for those of us who do not spend real money. Basically, I would manufacture and with the profits I would buy what someone else would buy with real money. (It's what I did in 5.x and 6.x). It's what I do at BDO with skins, furniture, etc. Manufacturing in Aion is expensive (in kinah) and laborious, that's what they should keep but at least they can get the ingredients to make decent equipment. Manufacturing moves pvp and pve in the open world, and this I say from experience.

😀Please, if someone understands what I wrote and can express it better than me, please do so. I use a translator and I don't know how reliable it is.😁

Well soft n fluffy, thats your nickname btw...What ncsoft need or should do is just do what ive said b4 and put everything on the bcm since ppl dont have or care to invest time into farming and consider doing what wow did and allow us to somehow use ingame currency to buy ncoin and watch how fast aion revive itself...its really either or!

2 hours ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

It makes sense to me as someone who plays both BDO and Aion. While i may be going off topic a bit the thing is tho for me the issue is the way you earn silver/kinah in both games is vastly different and that is the major issue.

Like as i am typing this i am make 200m P/H crafting Valencia meals on the SEA server. The only way to get anywhere close to that equivalent in Aion is to do 4-6 accounts running at the time in luna before they removed luna. Which involved not actually playing the game. I was better off not playing Aion to progress then playing Aion and that is where the issues stem from.

When it comes to BDO every single activity you do requires you to participate in the world of BDO. The best part is it all leads to account progression where as Aion all the best progression activities have nothing to do with the game itself. It is filled with Mini games like Luna/SaS/Minium vault and so on. 

Which is why items feel impossible because Aion's current design is for items to be gifts from developers through events rather than the ability to proactively obtain them.

22 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It makes sense to me as someone who plays both BDO and Aion. While i may be going off topic a bit the thing is tho for me the issue is the way you earn silver/kinah in both games is vastly different and that is the major issue.

Like as i am typing this i am make 200m P/H crafting Valencia meals on the SEA server. The only way to get anywhere close to that equivalent in Aion is to do 4-6 accounts running at the time in luna before they removed luna. Which involved not actually playing the game. I was better off not playing Aion to progress then playing Aion and that is where the issues stem from.

When it comes to BDO every single activity you do requires you to participate in the world of BDO. The best part is it all leads to account progression where as Aion all the best progression activities have nothing to do with the game itself. It is filled with Mini games like Luna/SaS/Minium vault and so on. 

Which is why items feel impossible because Aion's current design is for items to be gifts from developers through events rather than the ability to proactively obtain them.

hey squid dont worry when i get my new pc im gonna join u in bdo cuz with my current one my fps there is 8 lol

4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

KR just announced they are merging from 6 servers in to 2 servers as well.

Lets hope they see the necrosis of the game then, as long as Korea had a lot of players they thought they were doing a great job, if even the asian players can no longer tolerate the game then they went full wrong.

Also p2w will not be a problem if it only means faster progression, in this case even prestige would count as p2w. But when you can only get exclusive items via p2w, or when you have an event for sales or even worse an event where you need to use 1000x legendary enchant stones in hope to get an op weapon that gives you skills and invincibility then that is where it went full retard.

Unless the company sees the players as a statistic and not as individuals, like "hey that 1% of the players will be gods, but most of the rest 99% will not have to face the 1% every day so it should work". Ermmm... nope, every single player is self worthy for full game. Nobody plays the game to be a walking dummy for the rich kid so he can kill him with ease and stream how awesome he is in the game, pretending he won because he knows how to play better, when in reality the winner simply got exclusive abilities that others will never get, or simply plays a stupid OP class on top of all the others advantages.

2 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

7 is rough, 8 is normal right?

46 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Lets hope they see the necrosis of the game then, as long as Korea had a lot of players they thought they were doing a great job, if even the asian players can no longer tolerate the game then they went full wrong.

Also p2w will not be a problem if it only means faster progression, in this case even prestige would count as p2w. But when you can only get exclusive items via p2w, or when you have an event for sales or even worse an event where you need to use 1000x legendary enchant stones in hope to get an op weapon that gives you skills and invincibility then that is where it went full retard.

Unless the company sees the players as a statistic and not as individuals, like "hey that 1% of the players will be gods, but most of the rest 99% will not have to face the 1% every day so it should work". Ermmm... nope, every single player is self worthy for full game. Nobody plays the game to be a walking dummy for the rich kid so he can kill him with ease and stream how awesome he is in the game, pretending he won because he knows how to play better, when in reality the winner simply got exclusive abilities that others will never get, or simply plays a stupid OP class on top of all the others advantages.

Thats why ive been trying to tell y'all pvp is and should never be any mmo's main focus over pve cuz after u do pve stuff for hours n days its nice to say hey lets go do some arena pvp and not the other way around...you never hear no pve gaming community talking smack about p2w cuz whats there to win when pve'ing, who gets the best drop first lol...wise up folks!

pvp=p2w cuz your trying to win against another person and what you get after killing them is nothing and pve=pay to enjoy the gameplay and everything none pvp grants much more rewards and a greater feeling of accomplishment...guilds/friends list, and open world pvp kills mmo...pvp this pvp that,pvp can kma and eat a D!

I play both BDO and Aion and essentially they are the same they are both games you just AFK and do boring no brain activities 75% of the time. The only difference is that in BDO since there is no real PvE content like Aion you aren't gated to daily and weekly things similar to Aion. They both are pretty maintenance mode games. 

The main reason there was a server merge and the Players asked for 3 servers not 2 and many are upset about the 2 server is there were 3 large servers which good populations but there were 3 server that were "dead" but still having much better than NA or EU populations and horrible faction imbalances on these servers. There is new content coming to the game as Classic is not having many problems and people are getting upset with it, it seems to be bacuse they have moved their dev team to work on the new update stuff for the live server.

I really hope they can fix a lot of the issues the QoL changes have been great to the game and more of the dev stuff they have put in last week was refreshing but Squid did say right there is that underlying issue in Aion and it won't change until they set up seperate teams to work on the different Aion projects because they are really ruining both versions with the way they are doing things.

why y'all think ff14 is such a successful game? no open world pvp cuz the pvp aspect they have is pretty much arena that the community does not even speak of...

All the gm's from here play ff14 and when they receive the maint or patch updates via their phones from ncsoft they just say brb i have to paste something on aion forums and thats the truth lol...

5 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

pvp=p2w cuz your trying to win against another person and what you get after killing them is nothing and pve=pay to enjoy the gameplay and everything none pvp grants much more rewards and a greater feeling of accomplishment...guilds/friends list, and open world pvp kills mmo...pvp this pvp that,pvp can kma and eat a D!

3 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

why y'all think ff14 is such a successful game? no open world pvp cuz the pvp aspect they have is pretty much arena that the community does not even speak of...

Most people won't even play a game without PvP. Open world PvP is the reason why people play a lot of games. If you only want a PvE game you can play FF and be happy, but a lot of people do not agree with your assumption.FF in the Japan server isn't even that many players. I can't judge NA or EU but at least on Japan server it feels really dead

Just now, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Most people won't even play a game without PvP. Open world PvP is the reason why people play a lot of games. If you only want a PvE game you can play FF and be happy, but a lot of people do not agree with your assumption.FF in the Japan server isn't even that many players. I can't judge NA or EU but at least on Japan server it feels really dead

I didnt say no pvp i said arena pvp and not open world pvp as that is what makes a game unbalanced especially since most of the items they will sell on the cash shop will be geared towards the pvpers thus recking the pve'ers...keep the 2 se-pa-ra-ted but cater to both so it becomes a win win for all...omg!

cant u see on this forum we have 2 crying parties? pvp'ers and pve'ers...damn

12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I can agree but also disagree here, You can in classic pro-actively obtain your progression but people will be full 30 +10-15 PvP gear full green manastone socketed day 1 if not day 2 simply through payment options classic has to offer.

There is no difference between the Aion of now and Aion classic in the aspect that p2w players will have an overwhelming advantage. The difference is in the amount of time it takes to achieve your end goal to lessen that p2w gap.

Current Aion's achievable end game goal for the masses is hope an amazing event comes along or spend years to potentially not achieve long term goals. While in classic the end game goal is achievable with-in 3-5 months of playing.

Is it that bad on Classic? I heard there is the Battle Pass and what I would assume is "bug" that you could gift yourself a lot of playtime and get AP crowns as rewards. 

Is there something else?

2 minutes ago, konKers said:

Is it that bad on Classic? I heard there is the Battle Pass and what I would assume is "bug" that you could gift yourself a lot of playtime and get AP crowns as rewards. 

Is there something else?

It is a tough one because i am of the mindset that the achievable goal to be competitive...scratch that to have an enjoyable experience is still achievable with in a month or 2 so in when you look at the grand scheme of things it is a non factor problem but i will explain. 

The battle pass and the AP is just 1 side of the same coin. The other side of that coin they implemented with classic was the nerfed rate of kinah from sellable items. They are worth i think(from crafting old items i use to just vendor) is roughly 4.5x less than the original. 

There was also the candy exploit where players could vendor candies they buy from NCsoft for 100k. We do not know if we will get this or not so if we do it will create an even bigger broker imbalance making it hard for players to buy anything.

The thing is ultimately it is not all that bad despite how grim i make it sound because all these problems are invalidated after about 2 months of playing and faster if you stay ahead of the leveling curve.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is a tough one because i am of the mindset that the achievable goal to be competitive...scratch that to have an enjoyable experience is still achievable with in a month or 2 so in when you look at the grand scheme of things it is a non factor problem but i will explain. 

The battle pass and the AP is just 1 side of the same coin. The other side of that coin they implemented with classic was the nerfed rate of kinah from sellable items. They are worth i think(from crafting old items i use to just vendor) is roughly 4.5x less than the original. 

There was also the candy exploit where players could vendor candies they buy from NCsoft for 100k. We do not know if we will get this or not so if we do it will create an even bigger broker imbalance making it hard for players to buy anything.

The thing is ultimately it is not all that bad despite how grim i make it sound because all these problems are invalidated after about 2 months of playing and faster if you stay ahead of the leveling curve.

I'd say that it does sound like a problem, but not nearly as bad as we have right now.

I'm still looking foward to classic despite it's flaws.

If it's bad then, well, retail is worse. =(

31 minutes ago, konKers said:

I'd say that it does sound like a problem, but not nearly as bad as we have right now.

I'm still looking foward to classic despite it's flaws.

If it's bad then, well, retail is worse. =(

Classic is way better than Aion is now, the main thing is if you don't waste your game time on alts, you can have a main with competitive gear, the inequality in Classic is far less than it is in 7.7.