Weekly Server Maintenance - February 10, 2021

Arctic

16 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Better late then never. If they do make a better patch in the future new/returning players will not have to suffer as current players suffered.

Well hopefully NCWest doesn't make it p2w and take out the f2p aspect of it. Now the main issue is having people spend 6 months farming for it. We should have an event when its released that gives items for the transform, like KR had. 

26 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Better late then never. If they do make a better patch in the future new/returning players will not have to suffer as current players suffered.

Exactly, lets hope the game gets streamlined more and has less RNG for the most important things. Like getting gear, them inion you want, the best transforms etc.

24 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

so people just leaving a forming party when guild members or a friend calls is nonesense...ok!

Nope, it is an issue but it is a gameplay issue, it is an issue between the community and the people you choose to play with, but it also has to do with the fact you pick on people who don't deal with your issues. I didn't miss the point as you implied, I just never replied to your problems.

I have seen bad behavior of people and I chose to exclude them from my future plans. You cannot complain about such behavior and "demand" something to be done, people have the freedom to play as awful as they want, it is your job to find the people that play the way you play and team with them.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

1 hour ago, Valedia-DN said:

Seems the best thing i can do is just give up on you people being any different or better than y'all  currently are...y'all are too far gone of being the worst community ive ever seen...

I've been reading your posts for quite a while now without responding but seriously, look for help. I don't mean this as a bully, I'm being as sincere as I possible can. You clearly have some things to deal with IRL. So go figure that out.

This is a gaming community and those tend to be toxic. I also don't have a group for hard mode content, so what? That's just how it is. People have been trying to make me play more (@dred-DN ty!) but this game is far gone for me to have the will to play it fully again.

Only classic can save this disaster. (sorry for the classic rant qq)

""""Each night starting at 11:00 PM server time and lasting for 1 hour, all Small and Big Game monsters in Inggison and Gelkmaros will gain a chance atbonus drops. Be sure to keep an eye out for them! """"

This told me where the community was. For me it was the finishing touch. Let me be very clear, I DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT EVERYONE, just a part that bothers a lot. As many of us experience, there were people who hoarded everything. He is not interested in distributing anything and when one asked "please leave me one or two to get something" they denied it. These people made many billions of kinah and estimates +5 and +7. They stayed the same with everything.

There is something that surprises me. I am Elyos, so my reasoning is that I want and need ALL Elyos with equipment, my fight is against the Asmos.

When 6.0 started; Thanks to many people I was able to get genesis in all my alts, I saw Team Para and without hesitation they joined the group (in most of them I have no legion), there were no problems and they helped me a lot.

Today ......... Valedia explains it better than me. The interesting thing is that Valedia has been saying it for a long time and some continue to treat her like crazy. If you read what Valedia has been publishing, it is being fulfilled more and more. It became a game where many are desperate for chances to get equipment.

It is a game of instances. Many forgot to play Aion, where to go from level 74 to 75 wow !!! what a fight it was !!! In short this is getting sadder and sadder.

I play BDO and for now the community is not toxic at all. In fact, being new, I ask in the game chat and I continually have answers and offers of help. And I'm not in any legion yet. Not the entire gaming community is toxic.

26 minutes ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

""""Each night starting at 11:00 PM server time and lasting for 1 hour, all Small and Big Game monsters in Inggison and Gelkmaros will gain a chance atbonus drops. Be sure to keep an eye out for them! """"

This told me where the community was. For me it was the finishing touch. Let me be very clear, I DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT EVERYONE, just a part that bothers a lot. As many of us experience, there were people who hoarded everything. He is not interested in distributing anything and when one asked "please leave me one or two to get something" they denied it. These people made many billions of kinah and estimates +5 and +7. They stayed the same with everything.

There is something that surprises me. I am Elyos, so my reasoning is that I want and need ALL Elyos with equipment, my fight is against the Asmos.

When 6.0 started; Thanks to many people I was able to get genesis in all my alts, I saw Team Para and without hesitation they joined the group (in most of them I have no legion), there were no problems and they helped me a lot.

Today ......... Valedia explains it better than me. The interesting thing is that Valedia has been saying it for a long time and some continue to treat her like crazy. If you read what Valedia has been publishing, it is being fulfilled more and more. It became a game where many are desperate for chances to get equipment.

It is a game of instances. Many forgot to play Aion, where to go from level 74 to 75 wow !!! what a fight it was !!! In short this is getting sadder and sadder.

I play BDO and for now the community is not toxic at all. In fact, being new, I ask in the game chat and I continually have answers and offers of help. And I'm not in any legion yet. Not the entire gaming community is toxic.

That is the game design though. I was one of the people who did KS in that event, but the cmopany forced us to. If you didn't try to get as many items as possible, you were wasting your time. Plain and simple. Blame the company for not making it a group/alliance event, not the players. Demand better events instead of blaming people trying to progress in this #%!@¨# of a p2w game.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:27 AM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone - I just chatted w/ our game team on this. The focus for the holiday season has been around the minion promotion, which we hope you all can/do enjoy! That said, we hear your eagerness for another promotion involving ultimate transformations, so thank you for sharing/letting us know.

If you will permit me some transparency here, it is a bit sad to see words like infuriated/dissapointing... I know the team was hoping that there would be appreciation for the minion promotion which was organized according to player feedback. Still, with more than half the comments here requesting ulti-transform promotions, we hear where you're at.

We will absolutely plan another one.

@Kibbelz When?

?

4 hours ago, konKers said:

That is the game design though. I was one of the people who did KS in that event, but the cmopany forced us to. If you didn't try to get as many items as possible, you were wasting your time. Plain and simple. Blame the company for not making it a group/alliance event, not the players. Demand better events instead of blaming people trying to progress in this #%!@¨# of a p2w game.

you are wrong in the sense that ncsoft DOES NOT control how we play a bad or good game as we as the players have full control of our behavior in the game no one else...seems you and others just look for reasons to do selfish shit and as a collective point the blame at ncsoft but you know its bs and trust me when i tell u i can see bs so u need to stop...remember this, we are the handlers of our toons but a guild is the handler of you cuz when they call whats the fear of saying no i cant come im helping others...y'all cant or dont want to see that guilds takes the place of the community and blacklist everyone else...do you remember back in late 2.7 to 3.0 when aion did not have many guilds and damn near everyone was there for each other? now its all about who's in my guild and on my gaming list...

4 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

you are wrong in the sense that ncsoft DOES NOT control how we play a bad or good game as we as the players have full control of our behavior in the game no one else...seems you and others just look for reasons to do selfish shit and as a collective point the blame at ncsoft but you know its bs and trust me when i tell u i can see bs so u need to stop...remember this, we are the handlers of our toons but a guild is the handler of you cuz when they call whats the fear of saying no i cant come im helping others...y'all cant or dont want to see that guilds takes the place of the community and blacklist everyone else...do you remember back in late 2.7 to 3.0 when aion did not have many guilds and damn near everyone was there for each other? now its all about who's in my guild and on my gaming list...

That's just not true. Not if you want to progress without P2W that is. Sadly we have to savage eachother because THE COMPANY MADE IT THAT WAY. I did not plan that event, or any of them. They could have made it group loot, or league loot, like the Tia event, but they didn't. Do you see anyone complaining about Tia event? Right, there isn't. Now can you imagine the amount of negative feedback if it wasn't a League event?

I stand by what I said and nothing, absolutely nothing that you can say will change my mind. If you want to progress as F2P, or not a big whale at least, you have to compete for stuff. You CAN'T be the nice guy in events like those, or else you WILL BE BEHIND.

Note that I do not apply that practice in the entire game content. But had I not KS people in that event I would've gotten 1/7 of what I got out of it, and if that were the case, it would not even be worth to participate in it to begin with.

On the legion topic I can't reply to any of that as I'm not a part of any legions. No one will say how I should play the game even if I was in a legion.  I'll do what I think is fair with the tools I've been provided to by the developer. They design the game and the events, thus in a way, they are alerady forcing us to do something that otherwise we woudn't if there were other means to acquire those items.

How else can I make 700m~~ kinah every hour in this game if I not KS people in events? How am I supposed to buy a Dazzling Gemstone that goes for as high as 2.7bil kinah in the broker on DN-A? Unless you want me to RMT.

I'll enver blame the community for the state of the game. It's 100% NCwest/NCsoft's fault (because the game is also failing in KR in case you didn't know).

34 minutes ago, konKers said:

That's just not true. Not if you want to progress without P2W that is. Sadly we have to savage eachother because THE COMPANY MADE IT THAT WAY. I did not plan that event, or any of them. They could have made it group loot, or league loot, like the Tia event, but they didn't. Do you see anyone complaining about Tia event? Right, there isn't. Now can you imagine the amount of negative feedback if it wasn't a League event?

I stand by what I said and nothing, absolutely nothing that you can say will change my mind. If you want to progress as F2P, or not a big whale at least, you have to compete for stuff. You CAN'T be the nice guy in events like those, or else you WILL BE BEHIND.

Note that I do not apply that practice in the entire game content. But had I not KS people in that event I would've gotten 1/7 of what I got out of it, and if that were the case, it would not even be worth to participate in it to begin with.

On the legion topic I can't reply to any of that as I'm not a part of any legions. No one will say how I should play the game even if I was in a legion.  I'll do what I think is fair with the tools I've been provided to by the developer. They design the game and the events, thus in a way, they are alerady forcing us to do something that otherwise we woudn't if there were other means to acquire those items.

How else can I make 700m~~ kinah every hour in this game if I not KS people in events? How am I supposed to buy a Dazzling Gemstone that goes for as high as 2.7bil kinah in the broker on DN-A? Unless you want me to RMT.

I'll enver blame the community for the state of the game. It's 100% NCwest/NCsoft's fault (because the game is also failing in KR in case you didn't know).

I didnt read all of that b4 responding because i already knew my response after the first couple of sentences and my response is as follows...you are for self and what wouldnt u do for what u want? ncsoft didnt make u the way u are its just your default setting to be a person  of self...you are pathetic!

in a negative world if u do negative dont try to justify the negative that u do but rather just know that u chose to be a negative person so just own up to it and dont blame your actions on the world because it didnt make u ks, that was all on you...stop blaming ncosft when you are the one with the choice of how u react...what you do in these games is what u would do in real life because the person u are here is the same person u  are in real life...dont act like u get teleported into a fantasy world where rules dont matter cuz u are home in the real world in front of ur computer lol...just accept the shit that u do or did...

To late for any fix. To many ppl left the game. To much RNG on every thing to be relevant ti pvp or even pve... Look the numbers, servers are dead, nothing to do in game. Events are wtf Lmfao why... Numbers show. To much RNG on every fking thing, classes one shooting geared ppl cause runes /gems.... I play with 200+ ping and i can 2 shoot some ppl, like why is that a thing. Pvp was fun, now its  Who cast nukes first and kill in 2 second... Its wrong sooooo wrong 

not to mention you dont get to select what reward u would like when theres a random rng option like going to siege and we only get pvp stones instead of a choice and this varies with several many other things...give us a choice ncsoft so our time dont seem wasted...hell i might as well just toss away these 2 legendary pvp stones i got from siege since idc for pvp but would have been nice if i had a choice between pvp or pve stones since (silently says) AION IS A PVP/PVE GAME...stick to the theme of the game!

Edited by Valedia-DN

56 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

I didnt read all of that b4 responding because i already knew my response after the first couple of sentences and my response is as follows...you are for self and what wouldnt u do for what u want? ncsoft didnt make u the way u are its just your default setting to be a person  of self...you are pathetic!

43 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

in a negative world if u do negative dont try to justify the negative that u do but rather just know that u chose to be a negative person so just own up to it and dont blame your actions on the world because it didnt make u ks, that was all on you...stop blaming ncosft when you are the one with the choice of how u react...what you do in these games is what u would do in real life because the person u are here is the same person u  are in real life...dont act like u get teleported into a fantasy world where rules dont matter cuz u are home in the real world in front of ur computer lol...just accept the shit that u do or did...

Awesome assumptions about my real life.

You need help.  Professional help. IRL. That's my last reply to you. GL with that!

55 minutes ago, Steefy-DN said:

To late for any fix. To many ppl left the game. To much RNG on every thing to be relevant ti pvp or even pve... Look the numbers, servers are dead, nothing to do in game. Events are wtf Lmfao why... Numbers show. To much RNG on every fking thing, classes one shooting geared ppl cause runes /gems.... I play with 200+ ping and i can 2 shoot some ppl, like why is that a thing. Pvp was fun, now its  Who cast nukes first and kill in 2 second... Its wrong sooooo wrong 

When classic if classic comes around you will realize WAIT A SECOND. sorcs can 1 shot people, Rangers can 2 shot people, Sins can 4 shot people in under 2 seconds. 

This is has always been the nature of Aion and the best mechanic for this has always been to group up. This is why the meta changed from time to time from a blender comp> 3 mage groups in to 2 cleric 1 chanter groups in to 2 temp 2 cleric 2 cc classes.

10 minutes ago, konKers said:

Awesome assumptions about my real life.

You need help.  Professional help. IRL. That's my last reply to you. GL with that!

Why would i seek professional help from someone who im sure also has someone they go see for professional help...did u not know shrinks have their own shrinks? answer me this, who do u think is the crazy one in a nut house, the ones who get sent there because society cant understand them or the supposedly sane ones that thought it be a good idea to want to work with supposedly insane people...old chinese proverb,we are our enviroment for we will always seek it out...

8 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

When classic if classic comes around you will realize WAIT A SECOND. sorcs can 1 shot people, Rangers can 2 shot people, Sins can 4 shot people in under 2 seconds. 

This is has always been the nature of Aion and the best mechanic for this has always been to group up. This is why the meta changed from time to time from a blender comp> 3 mage groups in to 2 cleric 1 chanter groups in to 2 temp 2 cleric 2 cc classes.

wrong...2 equally geared class cannot 1 or 2 shot each other...use a geared temp and a geared ranger and i want u to show me that ranger killing a equally geared temp in 1 or 2 hits...

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Exactly. PVP in Aion has always been like that. The difference now, though, if compared to classic, is that a geared player, someone in Ultimate Transformation, a few collections and all, can wipe 6, 12, 18 people. A Gladiator, for instance, can survive the 10 minutes duration of the GP transformation INSIDE the enemy MAIN CITY going to full health in ONE skill.

On classic guards actually mean something, to some degree. That is just one of the aspects that I miss about it. To progress you actually need to play the game, not wait for some event to hand you things because otherwise (unless you p2w) you will not progress.

So many good things to quote.

5 minutes ago, konKers said:

Exactly. PVP in Aion has always been like that. The difference now, though, if compared to classic, is that a geared player, someone in Ultimate Transformation, a few collections and all, can wipe 6, 12, 18 people. A Gladiator, for instance, can survive the 10 minutes duration of the GP transformation INSIDE the enemy MAIN CITY going to full health in ONE skill.

On classic guards actually mean something, to some degree. That is just one of the aspects that I miss about it. To progress you actually need to play the game, not wait for some event to hand you things because otherwise (unless you p2w) you will not progress.

So many good things to quote.

I can agree but also disagree here, You can in classic pro-actively obtain your progression but people will be full 30 +10-15 PvP gear full green manastone socketed day 1 if not day 2 simply through payment options classic has to offer.

There is no difference between the Aion of now and Aion classic in the aspect that p2w players will have an overwhelming advantage. The difference is in the amount of time it takes to achieve your end goal to lessen that p2w gap.

Current Aion's achievable end game goal for the masses is hope an amazing event comes along or spend years to potentially not achieve long term goals. While in classic the end game goal is achievable with-in 3-5 months of playing.

40 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I can agree but also disagree here, You can in classic pro-actively obtain your progression but people will be full 30 +10-15 PvP gear full green manastone socketed day 1 if not day 2 simply through payment options classic has to offer.

There is no difference between the Aion of now and Aion classic in the aspect that p2w players will have an overwhelming advantage. The difference is in the amount of time it takes to achieve your end goal to lessen that p2w gap.

Current Aion's achievable end game goal for the masses is hope an amazing event comes along or spend years to potentially not achieve long term goals. While in classic the end game goal is achievable with-in 3-5 months of playing.

This is where I feel NCsoft went wrong as a whole. If they want to get back a big of the OG player base, they need to implement Aion Classic WITHOUT any p2w option and make it just like how aion truly used to be. NCSoft doesn't even hide that they want the money and only care about the money. But sometimes not everything can be a cash grab. I know personally I would go play Aion Classic if it came to the NA servers, but not if its p2w. I have spent too much time falling behind those who spend thousands on the game every other month for these events just to have to restart and do it all over again. 

Aion classic is a great idea, it brings back the original members of aion and there's also ways to influence them into the mainstream game. But this is only beneficial on both sides if both versions of the game aren't rubbish. The main issue for Aion is that there's such a massive p2w aspect to it and its extremely clear. I know there's many other issues like grinding, and rng. But I feel a good group of players would play again if NCWest just got rid of a vast majority of the p2w aspects and brought back the BCM skins. And if they did those items they would be able to obtain a substantial income from both regular aion and aion Classic in cosmetics alone. Theres a lot of players willing to spend money on cosmetic items, me included. It truly is such a massive waste that NCWest isn't doing that. Im sure they've lost A LOT of money, but they're just don't want to admit it because skins are only 10$ here and 10$ there but as we all know, it adds up. 

2 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

This is where I feel NCsoft went wrong as a whole. If they want to get back a big of the OG player base, they need to implement Aion Classic WITHOUT any p2w option and make it just like how aion truly used to be. 

How it use to be is not how people remember it tho. People think Aion was a balanced game with no p2w when the reality is people were buying bloods for 50c ea from other players. They were buying 75+ enchant stones for $2 ea and buying AP from AP sellers to progress their character months faster than others. Since NCsoft are known for not caring about cheaters from their previous releases 1000s of players participated in buying items from other players thus making it p2w back then.

The difference is people did not care about it much because the game was filled with playable features that kept players occupied enough to not care about what others were doing. Now you spend more time sitting around than actually playing the game so people notice the payment options more.

This is why you look at games like BDO for PC, Conqures blade for PC, Raid: Shadow legends/Genshin impact for mobile and say "omg you know what a game can ask for 10s of 1000s of $'s but still allow a normal player to have an enjoyable and potentially competitive experience."

I have said this before and i still genuinely believe that in less than 15 changes they can fix 85% the problems Aion faces. Simply by just reverting mechanics back to the good old days. 4 examples:

1. Extracting gear gives you enchant stones - This way even doing stuff like eso that drops yellow/purple gear gives you progression + the added bonus if you do not want to do it alone you can carry newer players who take longer to clear thus bringing the community closer again.
  2. Turning PvP and PvE stones back in to 1 stone - Since Aion was a PvPvE game you can progress your character in PvP and PvE not separate the 2.
  3. Group loot for all bosses - Everyone gets a box they open like the old 4.0 Days.
  4. Gear has skill stats on them - Creating a situation where when you extract them you have a chance to get skill enchantment books or stigma enchantment stones. This would farther improve running low tier content and make the new-player experience enjoyable and keeping them engaged.

These are just features we use to have in previous patches that were actually good features that made Aion the game worth while playing for everyone spenders/non spenders alike. These changes would not affect...Scratch that these changes would improve spending habits of players because those who spend less but still spend would have something worth while spending on to help their progression.

This is why IMO p2w is not the problem with Aion it is the playable features that lack.

43 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How it use to be is not how people remember it tho. People think Aion was a balanced game with no p2w when the reality is people were buying bloods for 50c ea from other players. They were buying 75+ enchant stones for $2 ea and buying AP from AP sellers to progress their character months faster than others. Since NCsoft are known for not caring about cheaters from their previous releases 1000s of players participated in buying items from other players thus making it p2w back then.

The difference is people did not care about it much because the game was filled with playable features that kept players occupied enough to not care about what others were doing. Now you spend more time sitting around than actually playing the game so people notice the payment options more.

This is why you look at games like BDO for PC, Conqures blade for PC, Raid: Shadow legends/Genshin impact for mobile and say "omg you know what a game can ask for 10s of 1000s of $'s but still allow a normal player to have an enjoyable and potentially competitive experience."

I have said this before and i still genuinely believe that in less than 15 changes they can fix 85% the problems Aion faces. Simply by just reverting mechanics back to the good old days. 4 examples:

1. Extracting gear gives you enchant stones - This way even doing stuff like eso that drops yellow/purple gear gives you progression + the added bonus if you do not want to do it alone you can carry newer players who take longer to clear thus bringing the community closer again.
  2. Turning PvP and PvE stones back in to 1 stone - Since Aion was a PvPvE game you can progress your character in PvP and PvE not separate the 2.
  3. Group loot for all bosses - Everyone gets a box they open like the old 4.0 Days.
  4. Gear has skill stats on them - Creating a situation where when you extract them you have a chance to get skill enchantment books or stigma enchantment stones. This would farther improve running low tier content and make the new-player experience enjoyable and keeping them engaged.

These are just features we use to have in previous patches that were actually good features that made Aion the game worth while playing for everyone spenders/non spenders alike. These changes would not affect...Scratch that these changes would improve spending habits of players because those who spend less but still spend would have something worth while spending on to help their progression.

This is why IMO p2w is not the problem with Aion it is the playable features that lack.

Dont forget bringing back personal shops and kinah cuz this broker at its current state is AIDS...

47 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The features you wish to see returned were removed for pay to win reasons.

They want to sell your PvE and PvP enchantment stones separately. (That's why they raised the limit from +10 to +15)

They want to sell you ultimate manastones. (That's why you now have 17 x 3 sockets)

They want to sell you Stigma enchant stones. (That's why the +15 was added)

They want you to subscribe to the Prestige Pass  (There is no other practical way to get A rank minions).

The more enchants fail, the more stones they can sell you. (It's a miracle they succeed at all)

With each update patch, they introduced new items you have to buy with real money, hence increasing the gear inequality gap for people on low incomes.

They went to far with the pay to win, and the player numbers in NA declined as a result.