Weekly Server Maintenance - February 10, 2021

Arctic

You are also making plenty of derrogatory remarks to people who only tried to say 2 simple things to you. Your use of vulgarities and homophopic remarks come off extremely disrespectful as no one has insulted you in this manner and the fact that you retaliate with such remarks are very offensive. I would ask that you might want to take a break, get some water, maybe some fresh air, and come back when you have cooled down and be more receptive to people just trying to help you

29 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

You are also making plenty of derrogatory remarks to people who only tried to say 2 simple things to you. Your use of vulgarities and homophopic remarks come off extremely disrespectful as no one has insulted you in this manner and the fact that you retaliate with such remarks are very offensive. I would ask that you might want to take a break, get some water, maybe some fresh air, and come back when you have cooled down and be more receptive to people just trying to help you

dont waste your time on that one , not like its ever gonna act like a normal human being.  Valedia constantly spamming LFG on DN -E to the point of havin 99% of the remaining player base  blocking it , now that it dosent have much feedback on the game it came to the forum to do the exact same thing , i suggest you to use the block user option that's available on forum so that you dont have to read the constant spew of nonsense that come from that person. Also fun fact i got a 3 days ban on forum  because i told ncsoft to fix their nyerking game and Valedia's here still allowed to post whatever it want after tellin people to put their sensitive belongings  into other people mouth. 

based on the last 10 years being here ive seen how you (normal)people behave and treat others so needless to say i'll remain my weird sweet self cuz it's always the normal ones you hear about doing some crazy unspeakable things or dont you watch the news much...but dmob,you me and laoly use to speak to each other back in the days but ask yourself what i did to you both for the sudden change...fake is what you are!

4 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Put rude people you don't want to read on your ignore list.

Just click on the menu popdown next to your icon top right on the forum,  and select "Ignored Users" from the menu and add the trolls. eg. I added Valedia-DN to my ignore list weeks ago.

Edited by Ferk-DN

The whole point is this should not even be necessary if we all treat each other with at least basic respect regardless if we like them or not or if they are our friends or not.

Not everyone will like you and that is okay its ust life. All that is asked is we set aside the petty issue and at least have a baseline respect in the way we communicate with each other. This is what is asked in the code of conduct on the forums. So its our responibility to abide by these rules.

I will drop it because this was all I was trying say. I hope everyone has a good rest of the New Year celebration. Year of the Ox signifies movement and hardwork and hopefully we all over can get back to our lives as normal after this pandemic is over.

People please, thank goodness this ends here. Regardless of what was said, and looking at it from the outside, it gives the feeling that there are and people who live cornering Valeria (and I suppose that the outbursts arise from there). Many of you have known each other for many years, and even though it is in a game, you spend some of your time together. Whether they like it or not, entertainment is part of life and of sharing something. They are sure to be enemies in something that gives us a pleasant moment. The time that I spend with Valeria is very rewarding. Whatever one asks of her, she is willing to help. And if we each have different views of the game and the forum, respect it. I agree not to exceed the terms, but look at the situation table. 200 against one? Take an extreme measure like ignore user? That fuels more anger. That is not a solution to anything. Please, if possible, let's make the effort. And in my opinion, Valeria is a very good lady. As do many of you.😇👍

2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

Put rude people you don't want to read on your ignore list.

Just click on the menu popdown next to your icon top right on the forum,  and select "Ignored Users" from the menu and add the trolls. eg. I added Valedia-DN to my ignore list weeks ago.

Sadly that doesn't work when you are logged off. When I realise it's already too late! =/

30 minutes ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

People please, thank goodness this ends here. Regardless of what was said, and looking at it from the outside, it gives the feeling that there are and people who live cornering Valeria (and I suppose that the outbursts arise from there). Many of you have known each other for many years, and even though it is in a game, you spend some of your time together. Whether they like it or not, entertainment is part of life and of sharing something. They are sure to be enemies in something that gives us a pleasant moment. The time that I spend with Valeria is very rewarding. Whatever one asks of her, she is willing to help. And if we each have different views of the game and the forum, respect it. I agree not to exceed the terms, but look at the situation table. 200 against one? Take an extreme measure like ignore user? That fuels more anger. That is not a solution to anything. Please, if possible, let's make the effort. And in my opinion, Valeria is a very good lady. As do many of you.😇👍

Have you been reading her posts? Lol!

She is completely delusional and in need of professional care. It's so damn clear. And that is not a bad thing as per say, but she needs someone to help her.

And completely unrelated (or not), she uses the forums as she would use a IRC chat. I mean...

1 hour ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

Thank you for the kind words and speaking on my behalf soft n fluffy💖

12 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

omfg have your phucking forums and enjoy sucking each other dicks as usual bye...

11 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

your ugly ass nyerk of a mother is an IT with your retard sounding ass...

I will start simply reporting every junk you write out of your single cell brain. You are literally not for these forums. Hopefully the forum managers will see this and take action.

5 hours ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

Have you read how she replies? I told her an answer to a question she asked on a public forum and told her how using the forums' layout and sections properly will better for her and she came back attacking me and then she started cursing everyone who responded.

I do not understand why you constantly defend such a vile behavior and encourage this person to throw tantrums like this.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I will start simply reporting every junk you write out of your single cell brain. You are literally not for these forums. Hopefully the forum managers will see this and take action.

Have you read how she replies? I told her an answer to a question she asked on a public forum and told her how using the forums' layout and sections properly will better for her and she came back attacking me and then she started cursing everyone who responded.

I do not understand why you constantly defend such a vile behavior and encourage this person to throw tantrums like this.

Dont forget to also report dmob for calling me an IT...but your head is soooooooooooooooooooooo far up my azz you cant see clearly whats going on but i guess he must be a friend of yours also...jack a!

1 minute ago, Valedia-DN said:

Dont forget to also report dmob for calling me an IT...but your head is soooooooooooooooooooooo far up my azz you cant see clearly whats going on but i guess he must be a friend of yours also...jack a! you are a somewhat grown man thats a cry baby,omg lol...

12 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

What can be said, there are people who are stupid, they know they are and they still brag about it, just leave it like that, Valedia is a lost cause

be it a lost cause or a regular cause at least im a cause n that feels good lol😁now am i a worthy cause or not is what we should need and or try to figure out lol😈or we could stop all this fighting n become bff's so you could finally say you have a friend thats not so typical and agreeable like most...😁are you afraid of something/someone totally diff=different?😈😁😈lol

9 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

What can be said, there are people who are stupid, they know they are and they still brag about it, just leave it like that, Valedia is a lost cause

be it a lost cause or a regular cause at least im a cause n that feels good lol😁now am i a worthy cause or not is what we should need and or try to figure out lol😈or we could stop all this fighting n become bff's so you could finally say you have a friend thats not so typical and agreeable like most...😁are you afraid of something/someone totally diff=different?😈😁😈lol...And i'm not stewww-pid, i'm just not smart all the way lol...god how long have i been wanting to use that one? lol🤣Thank you very much for giving me the chance to use that one vessttemona i really appreciate it and i can finally scratch it off meh bucket list and remember when i said i was here to fix you guys? Well that zero% start i'm sure is probably now at like 1 to 2 or 5% n thats a major increase considering how special this community is to me and for you guys to love me back cuz its what ya need... 

"""""for you guys to love me back cuz its what ya need... """"

I love this lady😍.

"""I do not understand why you constantly defend such a vile behavior and encourage this person to throw tantrums like this.""""

It does not go through a behavioral issue. Is that the facts show me the opposite of what is written about Valedia. I'm really very happy to have her as a partner in the game.👍

Think of my personality as the introduction of the powerpuff girls but with a twist...sugar spice but not everything nice depending on how you come at me and we all can get along just fine and yes i am rude disrespectful and all that jazz but am i not the one thats always responding but never starting...? The problem they seem to have with me is the fact that i would choose to react in a rude or insulting manner to one deserving where as they would not therefore distancing themselves from the deemed rude one...Where is the freedom of self without judgement and punishment?😁😈😁ofc you know my fave is buttercup...🥳

• Loki unpinned this topic
  • Daeva
9 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

Think of my personality as the introduction of the powerpuff girls but with a twist...sugar spice but not everything nice and yes i am rude disrespectful and all that jazz but am i not the one thats always starting...? The problem they seem to have with me is the fact that i would choose to react in a rude or insulting manner 😁😈😁ofc you know my fave is buttercup...🥳

Adiós buttercup.

tenor.gif?itemid=5280558

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 1:50 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

You have no obligation other than your own addiction to stay around playing Aion, If NCsoft are not treating you how you want to be treated you can leave. It is a choice. Players are 100% of the problem 100% of the time because they are the ones spending they are the ones staying around keeping the game active and they are the ones addicted.

NCsoft are doing what makes them money and it looks like ignoring their community makes them enough money to profit from Aion. Players become toxic because they get ignored and lied to but then those same players stay around for years constantly being ignored and lied to.

This is one of the reasons WoW ended up with P-servers with 100k+ players. They wanted to stick it to the company that ignored them and it worked it created WoW classic and they got shadowlands which has also lead to the most successful retail WoW update in 4-6 years. BDO community boycotted complained that KR had a better cash shop than other regions and now every region has the same cash shop. This came about from every region including KR protesting. This has lead to players who are f2p getting 1000s of $'s worth of cash shop items for free YoY. Legitimately gave out 2.8k worth of cash shop items in 2020. What has Aion given us?

Am i fine with what is going on? No i think it is dumb but i also think that the Aion community allowed this to happen by not caring at all as a community because they are toxic towards factions/guilds/individuals that may out perform your own guild/faction/individual performances. Aion's community has always been so disconnected from being a community that nothing was ever done when it needed to be done. To me i have never met an Aion player who i considered a bad person...in fact i have never played with anyone(and i played with 1000s of people over my time) that i disliked. However as a collective the community is toxic and has never worked together at all to improve the game. Look at the um...old satyx and um that guy that started with f(forthlyn?) sorry my dude do not remember your name. 

They "tried" to improve Aion back during 4.X but the reality is they did not care. They cherry picked people that aligned with their own ideals and wrote a letter from the community w/o talking the greater majority of the community assuming everyone would like it. All because they had beef with specific players and did not reach out to them. It is why they got a ton of backlash from the community when they posted it because it was not the community as a collective. The sad part is how it was the closest the game has ever had to community cohesion yet despite that less than 10% of the games population at that time were involved in the letter.  Ultimately i think they ended up just saying it was a letter from their friends after it got its backlash but they tried to pass it off as a community letter.

Hello,

I stumbled on this by sheer chance, and — while I'm essentially posting in an old thread — it makes little sense for me to start a new one simply to clarify something.

When Satyx and I composed the Community Letter back in 2016, it was a survey across all five Facebook groups of the individual servers at the time, and the question was open to everyone for several weeks while I compiled all the feedback into a Google Document. Of course, not everyone used Facebook, and some messaged either Satyx or myself in-game with their opinions. No one was deliberately cherry picked based on who they were as a person or player. In wanting NCSoft/West to take the community seriously, we omitted the unfeasible or troll responses.

While I was gathering player feedback an individual wanted to see progress, and I agreed to share my raw data with them. A little while later, this person then shared this data — in raw form — to the Siel group. Your description of events is basically what happened: people wondered what the heck was this rubbish? It gathered none-too-kind comments, and Satyx and I had to play damage control. That same day, the post was deleted by the individual, but the damage was done. I believe your recounting of backlash events was this incident (more on this later).

About a week later, I finished gathering and composing; Satyx published the finished letter to the community via the official forums (the old ones, now gone), and then shared that link to each server's Facebook group. The overall reactions to the finished letter in the comments were positive, and even included more suggestions (which a few logged into the forums to share). There were no backlash or negative comments made on the Facebook posts.

However — despite how I recall events — seeing your comment here had me go back and investigate against my own memories. It took me a while, but I was able to find old records of the endeavor. Yes, there were suggestions made which were not included in the letter. Sitting here talking to you right now, I do not know why I did not include them. Reading over them as the person I am today, I see no reason why they should not have been, but I cannot explain to you the reasoning of an individual who no longer exists.

Even if "less than 10% of the games population at that time were involved in the letter" they were more than welcome to comment on the forum post when it was posted. Satyx and I tried to get community involvement; again, we did not have "beef" with anyone. If this is your personal opinion regarding the event, then that's simply how it is.

We took weeks of our time to try and get everyone together to address NCSoft because we cared about the game and loved the community, despite some of its glaring flaws. So I'm sure you understand when I say that your comments over the matter hit me personally. It was a passionate feeling that I do not need to investigate myself to know that it was there. It’s true that the letter was not perfect (and I’m glad I had the discipline to go back and look), but it was never considered the be-all and end-all of community involvement and it never should be.

Here is a link to the original letter to anyone who would like to read it. Bear in mind it was 2016, some points are no longer relevant; yet some are still being repeated to this day.

Thank you,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zSQmH-jSwj0DI_crrvsj6czePfQeivYqyjNh6xU2ekw

@Forthyn-KTAfter reading what you wrote and re-reading the letter itself, I think it makes sense why i recall it the way i do. Since i actively avoided FB groups i only re-call the aftermath that happened on the forums.

Reading what you said here more than likely ended up putting both you and saty in to a position where your letter to the developers was probably rushed on to the forums at that point.

Either way reading through it i still am genuinely confused as to why even have a memory like this after re-reading the letter. It contained solid relevant information that covered points for just about everyone who played the game back then.

Thinking about it for 20-30 mins now and i think below will explain the potential reason as to why i remember it that way. This makes me lead in to you saying this.

Reading over them as the person I am today, I see no reason why they should not have been, but I cannot explain to you the reasoning of an individual who no longer exists.

This may be the case for me but in a different way, The person i was back then is different to the person i am today so i could of remembered the information from the forum post as a whole rather than the actual letter its content and intent. In which even back then the forums always had a fairly toxic environment to it.

Due to this it maybe the reason as to why I viewed it as both yourself and satyx not caring at all when the reality is looking back on it, The entire post as a whole had the toxicity involved in it so it diluted what efforts you put in due to this toxicity. 

So I'm sure you understand when I say that your comments over the matter hit me personally. 

Ultimately this memory of mine all stems from me not having the whole picture due to not having FB during that time period in which will greatly change how someone views a post on the forums. I can definitely see now looking back on the letter written combined with your post now that both yourself and satyx obviously did care.

It would be super interesting to me to be able to re-read that whole post(i am assuming it is shut down now) and see if i still feel the same way about it today as my memory perceives it.

P.S turns out i did remember your name tho.