Weekly Server Maintenance - February 10, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, we will be having server maintenance beginning at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect downtime to last approximately 2 hours 30 minutes, and it will be bringing along the following changes / updates:

• Events
    • Garden of Growth will end and the auto-hunting UI will be removed.
    • Stolen Hearts will begin.
    • Manastone Mayhem will begin.
    • Bonus instance drops will be added to some end-game instances.

Text/Localization

• Fixed some typos and incorrect terms in item names.

Now get ready, and good luck in collecting those chocolates!

@Kibbelzwhen we got the last ultimate transform promotion about 6 months ago you said there would be more to come.  Can we get an ETA for when its going to be? I already got mine last event but for everyone else who is waiting for it would be good to know! I'm sure lots of ppl would return for the next ultimate transform promotion event.  Also add more ways to farm paragon gear pls. 😃 

Maybe add paragon gear to the event merchant? =D 

Idk whats going on when Kibblez first joined NCsoft he was very active answering everyone's questions and communicating every day. The past few weeks he logs in to give update on weekly maintenance and thats it. 😔

What happened did they demote you to part time? 😭 If they did let me know so we can riot! 

17 minutes ago, Devil-KT said:

Idk whats going on when Kibblez first joined NCsoft he was very active answering everyone's questions and communicating every day. The past few weeks he logs in to give update on weekly maintenance and thats it. 😔

What happened did they demote you to part time? 😭 If they did let me know so we can riot! 

What happened is what always happens with this company, they get someone to do their dirty work with what i'm guessing is flashy promises that they got their backs, so at first there's enthusiasm and actual desire to do some good. But then after awhile the reality of the situation starts to settle in, that they work for liars and grifters so they are being forced to either start lying on their behalf or just ignore everyone because they don't have any answers and it becomes the only way that they can do their jobs, which is really not doing their jobs.

9 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

What happened is what always happens with this company, they get someone to do their dirty work with what i'm guessing is flashy promises that they got their backs, so at first there's enthusiasm and actual desire to do some good. But then after awhile the reality of the situation starts to settle in, that they work for liars and grifters so they are being forced to either start lying on their behalf or just ignore everyone because they don't have any answers and it becomes the only way that they can do their jobs, which is really not doing their jobs.

Or maybe the community is just that toxic that it is not worth communicating with us. By the sounds of your comment i do think that it may be a community issue not a company issue.

10 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Or maybe the community is just that toxic that it is not worth communicating with us. By the sounds of your comment i do think that it may be a community issue not a company issue.

That sounds more like an excuse that an actual argument. So there are mean people, people that have been lied to and ignored for years never the less, so that somehow makes it ok to ignore them, which is also our customers. Seems like a common thing lately, to blame toxicity for people wanting to be treated fairly. I take it you are fine with everything that has been going on?

Edited by Viseris-KT

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, we will be having server maintenance beginning at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). We expect downtime to last approximately 2 hours 30 minutes, and it will be bringing along the following changes / updates:

• Events
    • Garden of Growth will end and the auto-hunting UI will be removed.
    • Stolen Hearts will begin.
    • Manastone Mayhem will begin.
    • Bonus instance drops will be added to some end-game instances.

Text/Localization

• Fixed some typos and incorrect terms in item names.

Now get ready, and good luck in collecting those chocolates!

You guys realize the game is dying, right? 

You can't be this stupid, surely? 

adding 6.0 extendables as rewards to a 7.7 event... 

do you guys even know the name of the game that you're the devs for? 

3 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

That sounds more like an excuse that an actual argument. So there are mean people, people that have been lied to and ignored for years never the less, so that somehow makes it ok to ignore them, which is also our customers. Seems like a common thing lately, to blame toxicity for people wanting to be treated fairly. I take it you are fine with everything that has been going on?

You have no obligation other than your own addiction to stay around playing Aion, If NCsoft are not treating you how you want to be treated you can leave. It is a choice. Players are 100% of the problem 100% of the time because they are the ones spending they are the ones staying around keeping the game active and they are the ones addicted.

NCsoft are doing what makes them money and it looks like ignoring their community makes them enough money to profit from Aion. Players become toxic because they get ignored and lied to but then those same players stay around for years constantly being ignored and lied to.

This is one of the reasons WoW ended up with P-servers with 100k+ players. They wanted to stick it to the company that ignored them and it worked it created WoW classic and they got shadowlands which has also lead to the most successful retail WoW update in 4-6 years. BDO community boycotted complained that KR had a better cash shop than other regions and now every region has the same cash shop. This came about from every region including KR protesting. This has lead to players who are f2p getting 1000s of $'s worth of cash shop items for free YoY. Legitimately gave out 2.8k worth of cash shop items in 2020. What has Aion given us?

Am i fine with what is going on? No i think it is dumb but i also think that the Aion community allowed this to happen by not caring at all as a community because they are toxic towards factions/guilds/individuals that may out perform your own guild/faction/individual performances. Aion's community has always been so disconnected from being a community that nothing was ever done when it needed to be done. To me i have never met an Aion player who i considered a bad person...in fact i have never played with anyone(and i played with 1000s of people over my time) that i disliked. However as a collective the community is toxic and has never worked together at all to improve the game. Look at the um...old satyx and um that guy that started with f(forthlyn?) sorry my dude do not remember your name. 

They "tried" to improve Aion back during 4.X but the reality is they did not care. They cherry picked people that aligned with their own ideals and wrote a letter from the community w/o talking the greater majority of the community assuming everyone would like it. All because they had beef with specific players and did not reach out to them. It is why they got a ton of backlash from the community when they posted it because it was not the community as a collective. The sad part is how it was the closest the game has ever had to community cohesion yet despite that less than 10% of the games population at that time were involved in the letter.  Ultimately i think they ended up just saying it was a letter from their friends after it got its backlash but they tried to pass it off as a community letter.

I dont really get it, you are both blaming "toxicity" and praising it for causing changes? Also if anything brought that it was the game design of 4.0 and onward, they brought elitism by making everything about endgame, overnight most legions went from free for all to level 65 geared only. The experienced players didn't have time to help out people leveling anymore because they were too busy running all the endgame instances and sieges, again that was brought by game design and people only having so much time and not wanting to miss out. So the game went from a journey through various levels, maps and instances to a race to get to level 65 as soon as possible skipping most of what made this game great. All that became even worse after they began selling power, and infinite power in some cases, so the gap became too big, again game design and greed brought that.

Don't like it, don't buy it is never a good excuse to treat your customers badly, it never really ends up working well for the companies that does that, if you run a service that you expect people to invest time and money in it, and then decide to change the game at will disregarding your communitys wishes, then its not entitlement and toxicity to ask to be heard, again if you are running a service, people buy into an developing product not a complete one.

You are wrong about Forthyn, he was one of the few ones that was actually organizing people, he was doing sieges for siel asmos, and then when elyos were falling behind, he was organizing them as well.

These community letters usually say what we want to hear, but they never seem to follow through with them, its seems that they aim to just buy themselves time then actually delivering on anything that would actually help the game, instead they just run countless money grabbing schemes.

Edited by Viseris-KT

42 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You have no obligation other than your own addiction to stay around playing Aion, If NCsoft are not treating you how you want to be treated you can leave. It is a choice. Players are 100% of the problem 100% of the time because they are the ones spending they are the ones staying around keeping the game active and they are the ones addicted.

NCsoft are doing what makes them money and it looks like ignoring their community makes them enough money to profit from Aion. Players become toxic because they get ignored and lied to but then those same players stay around for years constantly being ignored and lied to.

This is one of the reasons WoW ended up with P-servers with 100k+ players. They wanted to stick it to the company that ignored them and it worked it created WoW classic and they got shadowlands which has also lead to the most successful retail WoW update in 4-6 years. BDO community boycotted complained that KR had a better cash shop than other regions and now every region has the same cash shop. This came about from every region including KR protesting. This has lead to players who are f2p getting 1000s of $'s worth of cash shop items for free YoY. Legitimately gave out 2.8k worth of cash shop items in 2020. What has Aion given us?

Am i fine with what is going on? No i think it is dumb but i also think that the Aion community allowed this to happen by not caring at all as a community because they are toxic towards factions/guilds/individuals that may out perform your own guild/faction/individual performances. Aion's community has always been so disconnected from being a community that nothing was ever done when it needed to be done. To me i have never met an Aion player who i considered a bad person...in fact i have never played with anyone(and i played with 1000s of people over my time) that i disliked. However as a collective the community is toxic and has never worked together at all to improve the game. Look at the um...old satyx and um that guy that started with f(forthlyn?) sorry my dude do not remember your name. 

They "tried" to improve Aion back during 4.X but the reality is they did not care. They cherry picked people that aligned with their own ideals and wrote a letter from the community w/o talking the greater majority of the community assuming everyone would like it. All because they had beef with specific players and did not reach out to them. It is why they got a ton of backlash from the community when they posted it because it was not the community as a collective. The sad part is how it was the closest the game has ever had to community cohesion yet despite that less than 10% of the games population at that time were involved in the letter.  Ultimately i think they ended up just saying it was a letter from their friends after it got its backlash but they tried to pass it off as a community letter.

I can't deny that the community is toxic and it hurts the game but you think if we all hold hands and sing kumbaya all of a sudden they will start and do a great job running it? Pfft ..they don't give a shit about the game, they just going to milk it as much as they can for as long as they can with minimum involvement and when only 10 players left that refuse to leave because of the amount of money they spent on the game they will eventually shut it down 

54 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

I dont really get it, you are both blaming "toxicity" and praising it for causing changes?

Not doing anything but complaining about it all the time is toxic. Actively participating in improving the situation is not toxic, Aion in its life time never had people wanting to improve the game aside from selfish desires. That is why Aion's community as a collective are toxic while other communities have proven that actually working as a community for the greater good has worked out time and time again but never in Aion's life span has there ever been a collective movement.

Some facts are toxic but you have to accept them because they are facts. Example: Black people were once sold as slaves(hell some probably still are in some parts of the world). That is an indisputable fact that was toxic to humanity as a whole. Look at how people are attempting to improve this situation for the future generations who are still affected by this act of humanity. They are rioting they are terrorizing people just to get their discomfort and points across to the greater majority. Which is toxic but IMO it is a different type of toxicity which ultimately will end up in bettering humanity in the long run.

More often than not toxicity is relevant to the moment not the future.

Isnt this the same manastone event you gave after stormwing eggs event? Then it was OK~ because manastone were not that easy to craft/acquire. Now people have loads of ult and can just burn thru them until a gear is socket. This event now in 7.7 is useless and you will see lackluster sales because no one will pay for that cookie. Why not just bring back the stormwing egg event. Everyone LOVED that event. LOADS of positive feedback.  Veteran player got to work on projects, new/returning got to catch up somewhat. That was the event i returned during and it got me my very first legendary transformation and got me started on my path to + stigmas among other things. Are you trying to make money and retain player base? Currently your performance and decisions are doing neither. Quite the opposite actually, you're just digging aion NA a proper grave at this point. TOTAL RUBBISH GUYS GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!!!!!

https://www.aiononline.com/news/hungry-hatchlings

People like that don't!

The game is dying @Kibbelz, please wake up! Every day we are losing more players, the people who continue are discouraged, the game does not cause more fun in people, how can you not see it?

In the last week, several opinions were expressed by the players about the game and what did you bring to leverage the game were these pathetic events? Now is not the time to bring extended weapons because theoretically we are close to 7.7.2 (7.8) and there we will have the new extended weapon. 

Where's the auto-hunt? Very important tool for the development of players in these latest versions. Dude what are you doing with AION?

They removed the instance of Luna bringing a narrative where it is possible to notice incompetence and an attempt to deceive the players as to the real reason for the removal.

Honestly every day I am more disappointed with the fate you are giving to AION. Right now I'm stopping playing, I don't see a future for the game in this condition!

R.I.P 2009(NA)-2021 AION 

Edited by Camon-DN

Just now, Wrathchild-KT said:

Guys, @Kibbelz is Korean, he’s not answering because he can’t understand English. Translate it to Korean before posting in the forums.

What does his race or nationality have to do with any of this? Poor management needs no race, color, language, nor nationality to exist. This dude is just the middle man so why personally attack him? This is 2021 not 1950s  Amuuurica man. No place for statements like these today.

1 minute ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

What does his race or nationality have to do with any of this? Poor management needs no race, color, language, nor nationality to exist. This dude is just the middle man so why personally attack him? This is 2021 not 1950s  Amuuurica man. No place for statements like these today.

I’m not attacking anyone. I’m just saying there’s no people in NA administration who can speak English other than translators they hire. All the staff that is supposed to be working in NA are in Korea, and the vast majority of the Koreans do not speak English and they don’t care for it! Wake up!