Is it worth returning to the game to play 7.9, when aion classic is coming out?

yess-DN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live if you like to lvl in 5 minutes and quit when you realize the only way you can progress is swiping your credit card.

Classic is really grindy but it's an actual mmo, not a gambling simulator that relies on your wallet to progress. If you want world pvp classic is the only way.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:41 AM, yess-DN said:

I need opinions, to know if it is worth returning to the game in 7.9 or better to wait for the aion classic

I'd say absolutely no, 7.x is defo the most garbage patch they ever made with the most p2w possible and insane injustices at every step.

There are 3 categories of gamers

• P2W heroes that run 2-shoot killing everyone
  • Non p2w consistent/whale players that can enjoy the game and hope they do not face the p2w heroes
  • Casual players or new players, aka walking dummies

You are not a whale and if you are not willing to be a p2w hero then you will be the walking dummy... and you don't want to be that.

Aion 7.9 and classic are two very different games at this point. 

I don't know what patch you're returning from but the game as is right now is very fast paced compared to classic thanks to the transformation system and definitely raises the skill ceiling. It is kinda pay to win, but only in regards to reducing time spent playing, everything is obtainable through regular play and can be sped up dramatically based on how many alts you have.

Classic is more of a nostalgia trip than a fresh experience. Pre-4.0, Aion is incredibly outdated and it very much had it's own set of problems so it really just depends on what your personal preference is, there's no right or wrong.

3 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

Aion 7.9 and classic are two very different games at this point. 

I don't know what patch you're returning from but the game as is right now is very fast paced compared to classic thanks to the transformation system and definitely raises the skill ceiling. It is kinda pay to win, but only in regards to reducing time spent playing, everything is obtainable through regular play and can be sped up dramatically based on how many alts you have.

Classic is more of a nostalgia trip than a fresh experience. Pre-4.0, Aion is incredibly outdated and it very much had it's own set of problems so it really just depends on what your personal preference is, there's no right or wrong.

You definitely can not acquire everything you need just by playing. Not in 7 patch.

You can't get paragon items and paragon enchants. Yes there was an event but now it is over and there were also paragon enchants in BCM in abundance.
You cannot get the best runes and gemstones with the right skills unless you pay for them in BCM that we currently have, and even if you decided to get a little bit of p2w you would still run into the RNG of those items from BCM and you could end up stil not having what you need, only hardcore p2w people can get the runes and gemstones they need via spending as much as they have to until they get what they need.
Meteor weapons were part of events, the last one was more alt friendly still too RNG, I personally had to buy 2 out of 3 weapons from broker and many purchased them simply from BCM.

What you explained here was 6.x patch, there was nothing exclusive to p2w, there were far less things to take to make your char end game and thus far less RNG.

If they kept 7.x running for a few years there would still be people who lack many end game items even if they were playing daily.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You definitely can not acquire everything you need just by playing. Not in 7 patch.

You can't get paragon items and paragon enchants. Yes there was an event but now it is over and there were also paragon enchants in BCM in abundance.
You cannot get the best runes and gemstones with the right skills unless you pay for them in BCM that we currently have, and even if you decided to get a little bit of p2w you would still run into the RNG of those items from BCM and you could end up stil not having what you need, only hardcore p2w people can get the runes and gemstones they need via spending as much as they have to until they get what they need.
Meteor weapons were part of events, the last one was more alt friendly still too RNG, I personally had to buy 2 out of 3 weapons from broker and many purchased them simply from BCM.

What you explained here was 6.x patch, there was nothing exclusive to p2w, there were far less things to take to make your char end game and thus far less RNG.

If they kept 7.x running for a few years there would still be people who lack many end game items even if they were playing daily.

You're a bit off base; people were grinding Paragon +8 weapons for free for two whole patches because there was no p2w way to achieve it and, still, isn't outside of an event. 

Paragon enchantment stones are also 100% grindable for free via renown in the easiest zone to level renown in. Paragon gear drops from some hard mode instances and also is guaranteed to drop from ever Omega/Ragnarok; hence its presence in the broker 2 patches before the first Paragon event.

There's never been a time of more gemstone availability in game + you get free dazzling reds from altar siege, free dazzling blue/green from red cellar and random dazzlings from the aetherforge craft. You get randoms but can sell and trade them around. As far as getting the ideal buff skill, people tend to get 3 dazzlings of any buff skill and then fill the remaining 3 gem slots with shinings or normals with the ideal buff skills.

Prime runestones have also been grindable 100% for free since their inception in 7.5 and weren't ever p2w-able until like two weeks ago. Most people don't fuss about the skill since they just use the prime runestones to buff their transformation before returning to their normal runes.

As for the Celestial weapons (solar/lunar/meteor) they're an exact example of Aelar's point: your payment is only to relieve some grind. You couldn't buy more than 1 weapon from the BCM and the meteor wasnt even included in that bundle. Most people I know just grinded and got their weapons for free.

I'm not saying that the game doesn't favour a wallet but you're giving a lot of misinformation in asserting that all these things that people get for free are strictly pay-walled

1 hour ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

You're a bit off base; people were grinding Paragon +8 weapons for free for two whole patches because there was no p2w way to achieve it and, still, isn't outside of an event. 

Paragon enchantment stones are also 100% grindable for free via renown in the easiest zone to level renown in. Paragon gear drops from some hard mode instances and also is guaranteed to drop from ever Omega/Ragnarok; hence its presence in the broker 2 patches before the first Paragon event.

There's never been a time of more gemstone availability in game + you get free dazzling reds from altar siege, free dazzling blue/green from red cellar and random dazzlings from the aetherforge craft. You get randoms but can sell and trade them around. As far as getting the ideal buff skill, people tend to get 3 dazzlings of any buff skill and then fill the remaining 3 gem slots with shinings or normals with the ideal buff skills.

Prime runestones have also been grindable 100% for free since their inception in 7.5 and weren't ever p2w-able until like two weeks ago. Most people don't fuss about the skill since they just use the prime runestones to buff their transformation before returning to their normal runes.

As for the Celestial weapons (solar/lunar/meteor) they're an exact example of Aelar's point: your payment is only to relieve some grind. You couldn't buy more than 1 weapon from the BCM and the meteor wasnt even included in that bundle. Most people I know just grinded and got their weapons for free.

I'm not saying that the game doesn't favour a wallet but you're giving a lot of misinformation in asserting that all these things that people get for free are strictly pay-walled

Nobody farmed paragons +8 from just omega and ragnarok, everyone got their paragons from the event and p2w also means buying kinah so those extra paragons on broker were there for whoever needed them and had the extra cash. also running 20 accounts on those obvious folower bots in Tiamaranta, is not "just playing the game". It required multiple accounts and most likely a way to log a ton of them and run them.

Paragon enchants are 1 per char per week from renown in katalam and one in Demaha, if you talk about having a horde of alts at renown 5 in Katalam to get the enchant then this disproves the "just by playing" having a ton of alts is not just playing. Nobody can make a paragon worthy by getting 1~2 paragon enchants himself per week which is exactly what "just playing" is.

Randoms red random blue/green, random from altars, yeah randoms. Most of the people I know got their dazzlings now that they are in BCM either directly or from broker where people that bought them from BCM placed them. That is still not "simply" playing the game. How do you "just play the game" and have 2~5 billions to buy a Dazzling from broker as a returning player now?

Heavenly weapons were only 1 per account, well people bought them with multiple accounts I guess, and whoever managed to get any heavenly weapon didn't "just play the game" with his main character, but rather tried it with multiple characters in multiple accounts as it was mentioned in that thread of how to get it with alts as well since the weapons were account wh storable and brokerable.

~~

This is the equivalent of telling someone that making kinah in 7.9 is easy because someone with 100 accounts walks with billions.

~~

During 6.x you literally played with your character and although you might have not had billions, you did get everything you needed to reach end game gear. No runes, not gemstones, no enchanted this and that.  The only struggle was transforms and really fast most people got legendaries in the myriad of events.

lol

The sugar coating...

You can progress as a new player, but only enough to make PVE easier, and that's it.

If you play this game for PVP (which you should, it is designed as a PVP game after all) you can not, and I can't stress this enough... CAN NOT compete without spending money. This isn't about skill, or learning the game, or anything like that. P2W players CAN'T die to F2P players or even moderately spending players. It's literally not even possible. They will mow you down like a dog and you wont even move their HP bars.

You can progress solely from the cash shop in this game, and a lot of players do. And when they tell you "Oh X Y Z isn't on the shop" don't be fooled, because there are multiple P2W events a month where the same groups of players spend thousands on the event, and everyone else is praying to God RNG goes their way and they get a bone. The people that progress from events are majority P2W, and now rewind and replay that for the last 2 yrs and imagine how many things you actually have to farm and do to even be remotely relevant. It's not like a normal game where you upgrade basic gear sets to compete. There's about 30 individual slots and mechanics that all have to be tuned, upgraded, stoned, enchanted, and all the while 90% of them are RNG based. Oh and let's not forget KINAH. Yeah remember that thing we use to farm back in the day? GOOD LUCK. You'll also need it for all your upgrades. GOOD LUCK #2. It's months of grinding, and all the while, each event, P2Wers will be getting even further ahead. There are still to this day players waiting on weaker transforms than the stronger ones P2W players have had an entire patch earlier. Oh and not to mention, if there ever is an event that requires you to even look at a PVP zone, you wont be doing it. That's just a fact. But feel free to grind with the bots that have been there for God knows how long!

I use to literally be an Aion stan. I defended the bad direction for a long time. Too long. 4.0 was a P2W patch. But 7.9? Dude. It's not even close. It's like 10X the amount of P2W mechanics. At least in 4.6 you could actually still PVP at a disadvantage. In this build, you literally can't. You wont even tickle people. They'll walk away, grab a beer, come back and step on the keyboard and you'll be dead.

What's sad is I think the new class is really cool. Leveling could have been great, instead its boiled down to one shotting (literally) every mob up to Lv80. It's not even a game anymore. Sometimes I wonder why they make people level at all, just start everyone at Lv80, its obvious they don't want it to play like an actual MMO should.

Actually you can get on the max level end of the game with just spending $15 a month or have to grind 6x as hard to get there. I did it without spending on any event but paying for prestige. Even with prestige you will be putting in 10x as much work as someone that just buys shit from the store though. You have to determine how much time you have and if it's worth it for you. You will be time gated on event since this game introduces items through them and the p2w will get them first for months on end before NC decides to hand them out. Comparing the p2w is like always being second tier throughout the whole game and the only way you catch up is through events when shit is given free.

The TLDR is that you need at least 6-8 months of grinding with 8+ alts and buying prestige or just go find another game to play. That is honestly how live is right now. Everyone here can try and defend it but would you guys do it again? nyerk no.

@Vinley-KT I'm not defending the game or NCW's bonkers monetization attempts, I'm just correcting blatant falsehoods because too often I find people who've been playing the game for a year+ and don't know that something important they were told was impossible has literally been doable the whole time (e.g I still find people I see logged in every day for years now who hadn't realised that PFHM accessories could be bought from a vendor because they wrote off the set entirely based on misinformation ._.)

Nobody farmed paragons +8 from just omega and ragnarok, everyone got their paragons from the event and p2w also means buying kinah so those extra paragons on broker were there for whoever needed them and had the extra cash. also running 20 accounts on those obvious folower bots in Tiamaranta, is not "just playing the game". It required multiple accounts and most likely a way to log a ton of them and run them.

So first of all that's a bold claim, but unfortunately I do have screenshots of both DNA and DNE's linking their paragons months before the first paragon event. "I don't know of anyone" =/= "no one has"; I also remember specifically seeing a screenshot of +8 cloth pauldrons being shared around discords back in the pre-event days. I know it's an anecdote to counter an anecdote but it shows the fallacy of anecdotal evidence. If need be I can find the screenshots with timestamps but that'll take a while.

This opening statement establishes your theme of "just playing the game"; is a term which is loosely defined. All of your points then on are pretty sound as long as you define "just playing the game" as a sort of very casual light pick-up-and-put-down experience where you have no alts and only play like 30min every couple of days. Yes, you will struggle if you do not grind. This is true for retail and classic, the comparison of which Aelar was making. A player's classic progression will live and die by how much time and how many toons they invest in.

The second thing you're doing is adding conditionals where there were none. All Aelar said is "it can be done with effort" and all I said is "here are some ways it can be done." You add conditionals like "how is a returning user supposed to afford a dazzling?" despite neither of us implying you can just pick up the game day 1 and get these things for free, in fact I would say that's pretty antithetical to what we both were saying. It takes time and hard work to play without p2w. "Most of the people I know got their dazzlings now" is just more anecdotal evidence. Most people I know had at least 2/3 dazzlings before this event from farming so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
That being said, I did specifically mention earning free dazzlings and then selling them or trading them for what you need. If a dazzling costs between 2-5 billion on your server and you can make them for free, then after time and effort you will be making 2-5 billion kinah from the dazzlings you're selling.

Regarding the weapons, "well people bought them with multiple accounts I guess" is a step down from an anecdote, that's just an assumption. This argument mostly falls into the loosely defined "just playing the game" crux. If you believe that having bare-minimum starter gear alts and a couple more hours to play breaks what you consider the definition of "just playing" then yes, I did not get my weapons by just playing; I earned them by grinding on the handful of F-Tier alts on my account.

During 6.x you literally played with your character and although you might have not had billions, you did get everything you needed to reach end game gear. No runes, not gemstones, no enchanted this and that.  The only struggle was transforms and really fast most people got legendaries in the myriad of events.

You're sugar coating this patch because you actually played this patch and have fond memories.

1. During 6.X you had to wait 3 and a half months for NC West to implement a custom enchantment patch to make the game even playable in terms of gear progression (who remembers failing 250 legendary enchantment stones on your +10 ancient piece?). There litereally was no possible way to obtain Ultimate PVP Enchantment stones unless you were the #1 team of Arena of Harmony. We also were not compensated for enchantment stones spent during that 3 month period of a progression wall.

2. You needed alts to get your stat cubics from the cubic lab, which I think as above constitutes a breakage of your definition of "just playing".

3. "The only struggle was transforms and really fast most people got legendaries" is hands down the #1 most innaccurate thing I've ever seen you post on these forums. Ancient transformations were available at the launch of the patch due to the halloween event and again one year later, so you can count that if you consider the combination of ancients but unfortunately as they were limited to 1 per character you would need to grind on alts which constitutes a breakage of your definition of "just playing".
The ONLY other transformation events we EVER received in the 6.X period were the Springblossom event in 6.7, which offered 1 ancient per toon you had, and the End of the World ice gem event in THE LAST WEEKS of 6.X which similarly only offered 1 ancient per toon AND your toons had to be geared enough to PVE properly for that -- NEITHER of these events fit within the constraints of how YOU defined "just playing". Transformations were a DISASTER in 6.X. We had ONE (1) event in ALL of 6.X which offered a legendary transformation and it was only grindable through hours of work AND you could only reach the goal if you used BCM Reset scrolls.
The first free legendary transformation event happend in mid 7.0, about 1 and a half years after 6.0's transformation system. It gave 1 random. The second ever was Stormwing in early 2020- 2 years after the transformation system came out.

4. The Producer of Aion literally said of 6.0 that the plan was to reduce the game's events and to say we had a myriad of events, let alone ones which would fix the transform deficit, is hard nostalgia vision or dishonest reporting. You can check the event page history, 6.X was barren.

@yess-DN Aion retail and Aion classic are both Aion in so much as they will require a lot of your time and dedication if you're coming here to be the best of the best. Aion retail currently has a lot of payment options and frequents events favourable to paying players to eliminate that grind and effort all together. Korea's version of Classic Aion also has similar pay to win on top of their pay to play subscription. Whether NA gets this too we just have to wait and see but for now all I can say is don't be afraid to give both a try.

PS: Obviously botters and people who buy currency and other such cheating is total rubbish, it goes without saying that nothing I've said suggests the use of illegal services to progress.
PPS: The free Paragon stone vendor is 5 per week in CKT, not 1. Also Paragon stones are brokerable and, until the Tia event, were the cheapest enchantment stones on the broker.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

In classic if you want to gather but get bored of gathering and want to PvP you can do that because you will always find people around your gear level to pvp with/against.

Aion retail appeals to those who want exclusive PvE experience till they can finally participate in PvP for 6+ months(excluding the battlefield event that is going on).

They are 2 different games using the same combat systems.

In Classic that single P2W crown for 30+30 dollars to unlock won't even get you the worst pvp accessory in the game lol

Hell for $60 I'll sell lower fort feeds on alt characters. I'll make a damn army and just make $60 x7 feeds a day.

22 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

In Classic that single P2W crown for 30+30 dollars to unlock won't even get you the worst pvp accessory in the game lol

Hell for $60 I'll sell lower fort feeds on alt characters. I'll make a damn army and just make $60 x7 feeds a day.

Your argument is a P2W argument that has been recycled over and over again. It doesn't matter how much something costs to a P2W player, if they can achieve greatness from spending millions of dollars on a game they will do it, or at least they will do it as much as they can and most of the time it give significant benefits from amount of items they buy.

I know of someone who sold himself on the streets just so he could have a chance at getting something, but what he got wasn't what he really wanted and it wasn't his preference either. It's impressive how far these people will go, home runs every night if he had to.

Lets just say this, the amount of P2W gear someone has is roughly equal to how rubbish they are really in real life which is reflected in how they PvP. I went on a tangent, the point is don't underestimate how illogical these people are, they know no bounds.

21 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

Your argument is a P2W argument that has been recycled over and over again. It doesn't matter how much something costs to a P2W player, if they can achieve greatness from spending millions of dollars on a game they will do it, or at least they will do it as much as they can and most of the time it give significant benefits from amount of items they buy.

I know of someone who sold himself on the streets just so he could have a chance at getting something, but what he got wasn't what he really wanted and it wasn't his preference either. It's impressive how far these people will go, home runs every night if he had to.

I mean the thing you're forgetting is that you CANT buy more from the cash shop. You get one a month and that's it, 3 a season. You can pay A LOT to unlock it early, but you can't get more than that.

And again, I don't want it in the battle pass, not because I think it's gamebreaking, but simply because it's a bad look for the game while providing only negligible benefits. I really don't see why it has to be there at all, because it's not that useful and it also just gives people a reason to scream P2W even though it's not that bad.

3 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

I mean the thing you're forgetting is that you CANT buy more from the cash shop. You get one a month and that's it, 3 a season. You can pay A LOT to unlock it early, but you can't get more than that.

Yea, that is fine I suppose. It kinda bends what the rules should be though.

In the case you are stating, if there really is no significant benefit they might as well remove it since it serves no purpose really. It's just a potential exploit.

Just now, Motgar-KT said:

In the case you are stating, if there really is no significant benefit they might as well remove it since it serves no purpose really.

Exactly, it's really just stupid for them to have it there at all because it's not necessary and just gives players an eyebrow raising reaction.

13 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Exactly, it's really just stupid for them to have it there at all because it's not necessary and just gives players an eyebrow raising reaction.

I must have not read you position, I just assumed it was for it.

By the way, if I remember correctly you can make alts for lower abyss and have them kill one mob in the fort, switch characters, rinse and repeat, and all of them will get contribution for mail-in medals. The medals are also completely moveable.

By the way again, I remember someone saying medals are a rate-limiter and since they are moveable they aren't, so if they were to sell AP it wouldn't be okay assuming the case of large scalable qualities and that's ignoring the fact selling AP also saves the buyer's time and can also effectively be used to offset for something else.

By the way, if I remember correctly you can make alts for lower abyss and have them kill one mob in the fort, switch characters, rinse and repeat, and all of them will get contribution for mail-in medals. The medals are also completely moveable.

Depends on the amount of players. I think like top 200-300 players or w/e it is get rewards. Killing 1 mob will not be enough.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:27 AM, Vinley-KT said:

Live if you like to lvl in 5 minutes and quit when you realize the only way you can progress is swiping your credit card.

Classic is really grindy but it's an actual mmo, not a gambling simulator that relies on your wallet to progress. If you want world pvp classic is the only way.

and quit when he realize that people will rift to kill leveling players to the point it becomes undoable, and faster their progress by swiping their credit card and gamble with enchants, godstones and manastones

4 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

even tho people have spent years worth of battle pass just to get their top gear without actually playing the game.

stonks for ncsfot

lets not forget the no animation heroes with their silence godstones will be a thing again because without the xform mechanic, atk speed is hard capped.
and no anim-hackers were one of the main points that made lots of players leave this game to never come back.

9 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

I must have not read you position, I just assumed it was for it.

By the way, if I remember correctly you can make alts for lower abyss and have them kill one mob in the fort, switch characters, rinse and repeat, and all of them will get contribution for mail-in medals. The medals are also completely moveable.

By the way again, I remember someone saying medals are a rate-limiter and since they are moveable they aren't, so if they were to sell AP it wouldn't be okay assuming the case of large scalable qualities and that's ignoring the fact selling AP also saves the buyer's time and can also effectively be used to offset for something else.

You can't enter lower forts after like Lv40 now. They patched that in Korea specifically for what you're describing. It didn't last long.

They've actually been real consistent in stopping people's ability to cheese progression like that. That's what comes with Classic games though in general, the vets will know ways of progressing that we otherwise wouldn't have even considered back then.

Right now progression is stalled for the top 10~20% of the population but dredgion is really competitive. There are some undefeated teams and the dredg groups are super sweaty.

There's tons of people still leveling though. I made a glad there last week and there was still tons of new players and people making alts and leveling through low level zones after 6 months on the same patch. Altgard was literally zerged.

Most players dump silver medals in the fountain for golds, they're not worth selling for kinah. Kinah doesn't get you very far in classic once you reach end game. Enchant stones are fairly farmable if you're active because everyone is spamming DP/SR/etc and DEing a lot of golds. Kinah eventually gets to the point in classic where it's mostly a vanity item, it's not a driving force for progression the way AP is.

13 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

If you play this game for PVP (which you should, it is designed as a PVP game after all) you can not, and I can't stress this enough... CAN NOT compete without spending money. This isn't about skill, or learning the game, or anything like that. P2W players CAN'T die to F2P players or even moderately spending players. It's literally not even possible. They will mow you down like a dog and you wont even move their HP bars.

This is just patently not true. I respect you and your opinions as a veteran player, but a veteran player is all you are, you are not an active player.

Excluding transformations (which we all know acquiring can take time), almost every step from character creation to end-game gear in PvP can be obtained with a standard time investment with absolutely no real cash payment whatsoever. Minions, which require a lengthier time investment absolutely cannot be bought in full with real money. 

In fact; If went in-depth and studied it, the game starts looking a lot less P2W and more like casual time savers. Especially considering that there is nothing that is sold on the BCM that is unavailable in-game. Occasionally, on very rare occasions, they will sell extremely expensive, sometimes purchase limited bundles that contain a few harder to get items such as Ultimate enchantment stones (which still have a significant fail rate).

Furthermore; IF NCWest stick to their word (which they have done so far), we can expect another Ultimate transformation promotion later this year as it seems to be every 6 months, and we knew the last one was coming as well. Myself and many other players saved up the required materials through regular gameplay and got arguably the most broken part about the game completely free. Yes, the transformation could be designed better but it's still doable without spending any real money. 

You will be hard-pressed to find any real affirmation that the game is actually P2W. It's really more.. P2SST (Pay to save some time).

10 hours ago, Arkanus-DN said:

lets not forget the no animation heroes with their silence godstones will be a thing again because without the xform mechanic, atk speed is hard capped.
and no anim-hackers were one of the main points that made lots of players leave this game to never come back.

Reality is rarely as good as the nostalgia.  I don't know why people can't see that "Classic Aion" is just going to be a repeat of all the things that were wrong with it before.  And what happens with the patching?  They are just going to keep it at version 2.7 for forever?  I highly doubt that will keep people entertained for very long.  People will reach max level and gear and want all the things they want now - content upgrades, events with new shiny gear, etc.  So then patch 3.0 comes out.  Then 4.0, 5.0, etc. 

For me, "classic" would be circa 4.5 (I think - I'm not Aion-nerdy enough to know patches well).  I loved daily Tia sieges, Katalam and Danaria sieges, and PVPing on those maps.   But I also missed sieges in Ingg/Gelk and needing both forts to open Silentera Canyon.  To me that was awesome - sieging with purpose.  I rarely went into the canyon at all, and had no interest in Hex and Besh - but I loved the sieges that had some meaning behind them.  I think that was before 4.5 - I can't remember when they changed it to "just one" or "always open".  I hated the GP system.  So at some point, there would be a cross-over failure for me, where Katalam and Danaria sieges would come in, GP would be a thing, sieges in Ingg/Gelk would change, and I'd grumble about the same things all over again.

I could be way off base.  Maybe they will recode everything from scratch after 2.7 to change the progress, or just keep it at 2.7 forever and people will love it.  It just doesn't seem to me that this is a likely path.

Archived