Pay to Play Discussion

Rag-DN

Just a little thread to see how the community feels about the Classic Server model of Pay 2 play.

For those that don't know, if you don't buy the subscription you only get 1 hour a day to play for free with limited content. (Can't earn Kinah, AP, or Gather)

Personally I don't mind paying to play as long as there is NO PAY 2 WIN SHOP/EVENTS. 

If they do have a BCM for the Classic server, I hope it's just cosmetic or lowbie items only that do not effect endgame content/play.  I'll subscribe when it comes out, but the moment they do pay2win shop/event I'm pulling out fast. 

What does everyone else think?

@Loki @Kibbelz Mind keeping an eye on this thread and the suggestions? Might help you guys prevent from screwing this up.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vouched for subscription model since the beginning, so long there's no p2w garbage. I want it to be purely cosmetics, skins, that's about it, everything should be obtainable in the game by playing the game.

And please, no events that hands out stuff for free, specially gear or weapons.

Personally I think this is a good model.  If they keep cash shop to things like skins and non p2w items then Classic has a real chance.  At 1 hr a day reducing bots etc is a nice step.  The shop needs to not destroy crafting and the ability to make kinah off it so other then maybe a starter pack don't selll scrolls or pots etc on it either.

I used to pay for Prestige, and this is really no different, so I don't mind it at all. I'm happy to give a game $15/month if I like playing it, and I will at least try Aion Classic for a month. That said, if Korea Classic is any indication, the subscription fee won't prevent botting. (Crazy that people/gold-selling companies will pay extra subscriptions for their bot accounts, but apparently they will lol.)

Guest Vandevere

I don't mind paying a sub.  Better than getting nicle-and-dimes to death for every little thing you do in the game.  Better than dealing with lootboxes, and things like that...

Guest Baelr

If it was 1 time purchase i would play it. But monthly-sub? No thanks. I only get 3-4 days per month to play, there is literally no point in paying 30days sub for 3 days.
As for  the f2p trial or whatever, that is just a joke that no one will take seriously. 1 Hr per day is not enough to do anything in this game. They need to just remove it.

Guest Candy

I'm okay with the subscription model; especially if it keeps P2W at a minimum. As long as it covers maintenance, the dev team and makes a little profit there's no need for game breaking items to be sold in addition to subs.

Guest st0n3
20 minutes ago, Guest Candy said:

As long as it covers maintenance, the dev team and makes a little profit there's no need for game breaking items to be sold in addition to subs.

If only entire life was a fairy tale

Guest Empty Wallet
32 minutes ago, Laucha said:

For latinos its very costy.. like we have to work for a week to pay 1 month, 1 month to pay 3 month, that is sh*t

This.

Guest oldplayer

even wow subscription is cheaper these dudes from ncsoft are smooking some weird stuff, make it 10$ per month and maybe im gonna try, theres like 6 big mmos coming with true new content and a cheaper price/subscription

Just now, Laucha said:

so i misunderstood, my bad

Maybe don't be so quick to post and/or speak because you feel angry or frustrated with the current model. No one is telling anybody to play it, the price is the same in Korea. People can stick to playing Live server or venture into Google and search *ahem* something similar that's for free.

2 minutes ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

For me it’s ok price, if admins do work. If the game gets filled with bots and no animation hackers, i’ll get back another game. I’ll be out anyways when WoW 9.1 is released.

Yeah that's something that might happen... If NCWest doesn't bother themselves to take care of this, there's just no reason whatsoever to keep playing. Same story, different day.

Guest Wootage

15$ is fine , hell i would pay 25$ too idc all i want is to enjoy the game i loved before it went f2p

Guest ClassicBound1

The Cash Shop will be same as they have in KR. The KR devs said in the Q&A article that was their plan for Global classic. However, it is still subject to change. That means Daeva Pass with a premium option to unlock a chunk of rewards that some might consider P2W but overall I don't have a problem with.

As long as they don't go overboard with it, it'll be leagues better than the current offering in Retail in addition to actually have an older version that players like.

My main worry is that they properly filter mail and chat since the bots are a BIG problem in KR version and there aren't many protections in place to push against the botting situation. It'll only be worse in NA global because the botters know westerners have money and would spend it.

Guest Meeble

The subs should make the difference needed, no? An hour a day is hardly enough to create that F2P toxicity we all know and live...

2 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Just a little thread to see how the community feels about the Classic Server model of Pay 2 play.

For those that don't know, if you don't buy the subscription you only get 1 hour a day to play for free with limited content. (Can't earn Kinah, AP, or Gather)

Personally I don't mind paying to play as long as there is NO PAY 2 WIN SHOP/EVENTS. 

If they do have a BCM for the Classic server, I hope it's just cosmetic or lowbie items only that do not effect endgame content/play.  I'll subscribe when it comes out, but the moment they do pay2win shop/event I'm pulling out fast. 

What does everyone else think?

@Loki @Kibbelz Mind keeping an eye on this thread and the suggestions? Might help you guys prevent from screwing this up.

I couldn't agree more with you. Aion Classic will close the moment unrestricted and/or OP p2w exists.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I used to pay for Prestige, and this is really no different, so I don't mind it at all. I'm happy to give a game $15/month if I like playing it, and I will at least try Aion Classic for a month. That said, if Korea Classic is any indication, the subscription fee won't prevent botting. (Crazy that people/gold-selling companies will pay extra subscriptions for their bot accounts, but apparently they will lol.)

They pay for it because botting will always be profitable because a subscribed bot can play 24/7 something a normal player won't be able to do. But the subscription prevents people from simply making 1000 accounts and literally 1 person destroying the economy. But if it is profitable someone can still make 1000 accounts... that means 15.000$ per month for the company which will mean more attendance from moderators and GMs aka more potential bans on bots. And if someone makes many accounts, someone else can do more. It is a potential loss since you pay to bot so you might get a loss, in 100% f2p you have nothing to lose to make 10 or 100 or 1000 accounts. Even if kinah prices fell down to the floor, you still make as much as the amount of accounts you made. You invested nothing but some time to make accounts, but in subscription you would have to think twice before you invest in anything.

2 hours ago, Guest Baelr said:

If it was 1 time purchase i would play it. But monthly-sub? No thanks. I only get 3-4 days per month to play, there is literally no point in paying 30days sub for 3 days.
As for  the f2p trial or whatever, that is just a joke that no one will take seriously. 1 Hr per day is not enough to do anything in this game. They need to just remove it.

2 hours ago, Laucha said:

For latinos its very costy.. like we have to work for a week to pay 1 month, 1 month to pay 3 month, that is sh*t

I once went in India and my poor driver named Kalumba was working 12 hours per day and made 160 rupees per day, that was equivalent of about 2$ per day (you read that correctly 2$/day). When the trip was over I handed him some tip money, I gave him 2000 rupees (about 25 dollars) and he gave me the biggest smile in the world and couldn't believe it. Kalumba will never be able to play Classic either, but that is life.

This is why there are regions, RU and EU servers are cheaper than NA because it involves countries that have less money per capita. I understand what you mean since I am from Hellas and there are people who can't find a job here and work part times jobs in black market for 15€~25€ per day without insurance... but NCWest is based in USA and they price things according to their cost of living and frankly plenty of people there make far more than 15$ per hour. At worse their minimum salary is 7,5$/h which is still plenty for the 15$ NCWest is asking per month.

2 hours ago, Tyd said:

Personally I think this is a good model.  If they keep cash shop to things like skins and non p2w items then Classic has a real chance.  At 1 hr a day reducing bots etc is a nice step.  The shop needs to not destroy crafting and the ability to make kinah off it so other then maybe a starter pack don't selll scrolls or pots etc on it either.

Is so sad reading comments like this one, players refering to those who can't afford a suscription as "bots and etc"... the resemblance to Micky Vainilla is quite shocking (not). But then again, when aion community was not toxic af?

Have fun wasting your money on an old version of a dead game.

🧉Lots of love, Zeyra🧉

Archived