Pay to Play Discussion

Rag-DN

Guest jordi

Lmao, i don't even care how much it costs. I don't have a fking credit card to buy  the damn subscription. 

Why does everything have to be paid using a fking credit card. Just lemme pay using a non recurring payment method. Aka debit card or PayPal balance.

*cries myself to sleep* 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Guest jordi said:

Lmao, i don't even care how much it costs. I don't have a fking credit card to buy  the damn subscription. 

Why does everything have to be paid using a fking credit card. Just lemme pay using a non recurring payment method. Aka debit card or PayPal balance.

*cries myself to sleep* 

If you own a PayPal Account, simply transfer some money from your bank account to PayPal via PayPal Menu. Then you are able to buy one of the Founder Packs.

No Debit/Credit Card needed and involved.

😇

10 hours ago, Guest jordi said:

*cries myself to sleep* 

Pretty sure you can use debit card. And if not, link it to paypal and use paypal. I don't use credit either. 

41 minutes ago, Guest SSS said:

Pretty sure you can use debit card. And if not, link it to paypal and use paypal. I don't use credit either. 

You can link Paypal to a bank account to top it up, or even Bitcoin.

The sub model is the best for Aion imo.
And Aion was at its best before it went f2p.

If you have to pay to play = less bots, less hackers, and less "you know what kind" of players.

And yes, BCM restricted only cosmetics.
The only p2w that should be allowed to exist is XP/essence/aether amulets.

19 minutes ago, Wesker-KT said:

The sub model is the best for Aion imo.
And Aion was at its best before it went f2p.

A hundred private servers that are free to play and retail more or less being that too, but people gotta complain about this one having a subscription.

Amazing.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:08 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

They pay for it because botting will always be profitable because a subscribed bot can play 24/7 something a normal player won't be able to do. But the subscription prevents people from simply making 1000 accounts and literally 1 person destroying the economy. But if it is profitable someone can still make 1000 accounts... that means 15.000$ per month for the company which will mean more attendance from moderators and GMs aka more potential bans on bots. And if someone makes many accounts, someone else can do more. It is a potential loss since you pay to bot so you might get a loss, in 100% f2p you have nothing to lose to make 10 or 100 or 1000 accounts. Even if kinah prices fell down to the floor, you still make as much as the amount of accounts you made. You invested nothing but some time to make accounts, but in subscription you would have to think twice before you invest in anything.

I once went in India and my poor driver named Kalumba was working 12 hours per day and made 160 rupees per day, that was equivalent of about 2$ per day (you read that correctly 2$/day). When the trip was over I handed him some tip money, I gave him 2000 rupees (about 25 dollars) and he gave me the biggest smile in the world and couldn't believe it. Kalumba will never be able to play Classic either, but that is life.

This is why there are regions, RU and EU servers are cheaper than NA because it involves countries that have less money per capita. I understand what you mean since I am from Hellas and there are people who can't find a job here and work part times jobs in black market for 15€~25€ per day without insurance... but NCWest is based in USA and they price things according to their cost of living and frankly plenty of people there make far more than 15$ per hour. At worse their minimum salary is 7,5$/h which is still plenty for the 15$ NCWest is asking per month.

You do realize, the EU stands for European Union (26 member states together is the EU) not continental Europe. $15, most EU server subscription games ask €13.- a month, depending on the exchange rate it's about the same as $15. So it's about average price from player within the EU.

Guest jordi
17 hours ago, N3tRunn3r said:

If you own a PayPal Account, simply transfer some money from your bank account to PayPal via PayPal Menu. Then you are able to buy one of the Founder Packs.

No Debit/Credit Card needed and involved.

😇

I actually tried that. If i choose the PayPal payment method, it forces me to use a credit card aswel. 

13 minutes ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

You do realize, the EU stands for European Union (26 member states together is the EU) not continental Europe. $15, most EU server subscription games ask €13.- a month, depending on the exchange rate it's about the same as $15. So it's about average price from player within the EU.

I am in EU yes I know.

Guest jordi
7 hours ago, Guest SSS said:

I did that, i use it to put money in my paypal balance. But i still have to use a credit card.

Guest jordi

The only option i can think of rn. Is to get a virtual credit card...like skrill or whatever. But that's a pain in the poopyhole

Guest Jordi
48 minutes ago, N3tRunn3r said:

Even while you have a positive balance on your PP Account?

yeh, I always add the amount i need, so it never goes in the negative

Guest jordi
57 minutes ago, N3tRunn3r said:

Even while you have a positive balance on your PP Account?

yeh, i always add the amount i need. So i never go to the negative

I have always thought game companies should adopt a <Pay to compete> model that gave Jonny 9-5 40+ hour work week a chance to compete with the poopsockers.   Sell armor and weapons in the cash shop but at 85% base stats and 2 fewer mana stone slots.

Guest Is coming back

Remember... This is NA release... $15 in NA for a MONTH sub is almost nothing unless you're working at or near minimum wage in the U.S. then one could assume you don't have many responsibilities, thus giving you some decent amount a month, to which paying $15 is still not bad, considering it's a full time job. Sorry to the homie Kalumba, but we're over here in the 1st world willing to pay for quality. 

42 minutes ago, Tron said:

I have always thought game companies should adopt a <Pay to compete> model that gave Jonny 9-5 40+ hour work week a chance to compete with the poopsockers.   Sell armor and weapons in the cash shop but at 85% base stats and 2 fewer mana stone slots.

Doing that quite literally invalidates any and all gear that is weaker than it ever existing in the game, and completely invalidates the entire concept of progression.  This is game design failure 101.

46 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Doing that quite literally invalidates any and all gear that is weaker than it ever existing in the game, and completely invalidates the entire concept of progression.  This is game design failure 101.

Maybe. I probably should have added <A well thought out system that uses play time, server progression and other factors >but meh. 

14 minutes ago, Tron said:

Maybe. I probably should have added <A well thought out system that uses play time, server progression and other factors >but meh. 

One of the primary reasons that an MMO goes stale is that the general masses will, eventually, hit what is considered to be 'end game', be that in terms of gear, stats, wealth, progression, whatever.  To combat this, new patches, and more importantly more content, must be consistently added to the game to move the goal post further and further, stretching the viability of a game.

Gear progression is a significant part of this, and there's no way that allowing for the purchase of gear does not conflict with this.  All they would accomplish would be hastening getting people bored and getting people to leave the game.

This is my primary reason for not liking pay to win tactics offered by some MMO's.  I honestly couldn't care less about the ethics of someone being able to pay money to have a better experience than someone else - that's the world we live in - but it does shorten the lifespan of the game.  And if I'm playing it, I want that game to maintain its peak for as long as possible.

11 hours ago, Guest jordi said:

I actually tried that. If i choose the PayPal payment method, it forces me to use a credit card aswel. 

No it doesn't, as long as you have a positive Paypal balance it will use that. NCsoft don't get credit card details from Paypal, and they certainly didn't ask me for mine.

12 hours ago, Guest jordi said:

I used my paypal which only has my debit account linked... no credit card. This has always been a thing.

Archived