Arhangelos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gabrielis said:

So, to sum up the feedback we saw here :

No event = ok

A good but somewhat old event = bad

Please guys who expressed that toxic opinion here, go and play LA like you said, this game will be better without you

this is a place for opinions , if you are hurt by it . you can leave by yourself . thanks bye!

It is good to be critical, however, criticism alone is not enough. While it’s frustrating we didn’t have snowball event on time and got eventually a rather nerfed version of it, there are undeniably some positive moments.

It rather looks like @Rinwho newly joined the community, wanted to start her mission on a positive note and make up for a depressing lack of communication we had  in the end of 2021 : 1) for the first time since many weeks we got an event announced on the website before weekly maintenance post 2) we could only have 4 snowballs from daily lugbug last year, now they promise us that every mission gives 1 (hope it’s not a typo).

So please let’s not drawn this attempt of a good will in bitterness and negativity and say : thank you @Rinfor a good start, but be prepared that we expect much more from you ;) 

47 minutes ago, Gabrielis said:

2) we could only have 4 snowballs from daily lugbug last year, now they promise us that every mission gives 1 (hope it’s not a typo).

I totally missed that in the notes ty that makes it a fair bit better if you get one for each daily that is an extra 8 yea? I forget how many dailies it is and i am not currently logged in.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

I totally missed that in the notes ty that makes it a fair bit better if you get one for each daily that is an extra 8 yea? I forget how many dailies it is and i am not currently logged in.

From what I remember we have to make 8 for daily reward but there are additional mussions so we can choose so there are at least 8. I wonder if the daily reward comes with a snowball as well because technically it’s also a mission.

Hi @Rin

First of all thank you for the early notice of the Event and the post on the website which has pretty much all the details we need.

Any event is welcome. You probably already got some flavour of how the community reacts to events but at least there is some reaction.

I am glad to see the drop list now includes relevant to the patch items eg daevanion passive.  Although it would be also nice to have some drops that can help close the gap such as Apostle transformations even with a low chance. However there is still the quest with the obsolete dyes and Crafting boost charms.

Overall, I am glad that this is happening.

On a different note while you are at it can you please start looking into things like drop buffs ? The drops rates in NA are way lower than other regions making almost impossible to farm yorn weapons. I do feel a drop buff will make everyone more engaged as it would mean that there is a reason to farm and do pve while at the moment there is almost 0 incentive to do more than log in and log out. Have you guys thought about including event coins in open world making the auto hunt and the NPC that sells all the goodies with coins meaningful ? And how a bout a bit better exp boost ? Wraps need 30marks each that is about 5250mil exp mobs give about 10mil with 100%.

Please keep engaging with us. I can assure you that even if the response is a “I don’t know”  will be more appreciated than complete ghosting.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis said:

It is good to be critical, however, criticism alone is not enough. While it’s frustrating we didn’t have snowball event on time and got eventually a rather nerfed version of it, there are undeniably some positive moments.

It rather looks like @Rinwho newly joined the community, wanted to start her mission on a positive note and make up for a depressing lack of communication we had  in the end of 2021 : 1) for the first time since many weeks we got an event announced on the website before weekly maintenance post 2) we could only have 4 snowballs from daily lugbug last year, now they promise us that every mission gives 1 (hope it’s not a typo).

So please let’s not drawn this attempt of a good will in bitterness and negativity and say : thank you @Rinfor a good start, but be prepared that we expect much more from you ;) 

FYI , you're the one making them shut up and leave, and you have the audacity to talk about being toxic . Every opinion matters even some oppressors like you have the right to say whatever you want to say.

• Aion Team
15 hours ago, Squid said:

This is apart of the pent up frustration from the community rin

6 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

You probably already got some flavour of how the community reacts to events but at least there is some reaction.

16 hours ago, TrinityStarr-KT said:

Rin i feel bad for you because you being blind sided and going to have to deal with the rage, and lack of understanding of how the game works doesn't help you at all

Good morning everyone!
I wanted to address some things here again as we keep discussing the event.

As per my earlier post requesting for more detailed feedback, I am sorry if it gave the wrong impression. The request was not to silence any of you, or express that I don't quite understand the situation. If you are upset, you are absolutely allowed to be upset and I will report back on those details in a comprehensive list. I more wanted to help direct the flow of conversation to each of your individual and clear criticism of what it is that isn't liked, even if it may be abundantly obvious what the problem is. Some of you have already been doing that, so thank you so very, very much!

The reason for that was very specifically to make sure I understand each and every one of your feedback you give, as one reason someone dislikes it may actually be different from someone else. Sure, most times it will be the same, but some of you have disliked an item while others of you like it, what you agree is bad another might disagree, and so on. I want to see these conversations to help deliver the best information, both from myself and directly from each of your words. The best way to do that is to break it down piece by piece or explaining why you dislike certain changes. The WHY part is extremely crucial, as it's very important to me that I record each of your feedback as individuals. 

Basically, I want to listen to each and every single one of you as an individual. No matter how much I play the game or experience it, my time will never equate to the same as yours and how things affect you. Your voices matter and I'm going to keep doing my best to listen to your frustrations to deliver a comprehensive list back to the team! 

You absolutely have your rights to have pent up frustrations. The only thing I can ask is if we can do so in a constructive way and kindly to one another. Please don't attack each other or the development team. Of course I can only speak for myself, but if it hurts you, it absolutely affects the rest of us on the lines here wanting to make a difference.

Again, I may not be able to respond to everything, but IF I am able to, I will definitely try. 

So please, keep leaving your feed back. Play the event, let us know how it goes, and keep dropping threads here in the forums. I look forward to each of your individual contributions if you so wish to leave them. ❤️

Thank you so much for expressing yourselves to me.

1 hour ago, Rin said:

Good morning everyone!

As per my earlier post requesting for more detailed feedback, I am sorry if it gave the wrong impression. The request was not to silence any of you, or express that I don't quite understand the situation. If you are upset, you are absolutely allowed to be upset and I will report back on those details in a comprehensive list. I more wanted to help direct the flow of conversation to each of your individual and clear criticism of what it is that isn't liked, even if it may be abundantly obvious what the problem is. Some of you have already been doing that, so thank you so very, very much!

The reason for that was very specifically to make sure I understand each and every one of your feedback you give, as one reason someone dislikes it may actually be different from someone else. Sure, most times it will be the same, but some of you have disliked an item while others of you like it, what you agree is bad another might disagree, and so on. I want to see these conversations to help deliver the best information, both from myself and directly from each of your words. The best way to do that is to break it down piece by piece or explaining why you dislike certain changes. The WHY part is extremely crucial, as it's very important to me that I record each of your feedback as individuals. 

Basically, I want to listen to each and every single one of you as an individual. No matter how much I play the game or experience it, my time will never equate to the same as yours and how things affect you. Your voices matter and I'm going to keep doing my best to listen to your frustrations to deliver a comprehensive list back to the team! 

You absolutely have your rights to have pent up frustrations. The only thing I can ask is if we can do so in a constructive way and kindly to one another. Please don't attack each other or the development team. Of course I can only speak for myself, but if it hurts you, it absolutely affects the rest of us on the lines here wanting to make a difference.

Again, I may not be able to respond to everything, but IF I am able to, I will definitely try. 

So please, keep leaving your feed back. Play the event, let us know how it goes, and keep dropping threads here in the forums. I look forward to each of your individual contributions if you so wish to leave them. ❤️

I will try to accumulate the complaints and/or suggestions on the event that were expressed in this thread and forgive me if I forgot anything (or if I made any typos).

Let me type all the possible reward pouches here or event rewards from quests or other aspects of the event in general (to show what is regarded wrong by players):

1. The [Event] Brilliant Ice Prism, which is when you manage to make a +10 snowball, the hardest pouch to get
  2. [Event] Noble Melted Bundle, which is given when you fail to make a +9 to +10
  3. [Event] Crushed Snow Bundle, which is given when you fail to make a +8 to +9
  4. [Event] Broken Snow Bundle, which is given when you fail to make a +7 to +8
  5. [Event] Joyful Bundle, which is given daily 1x per char for free
  6. The NPC that sells goodies with wintry coins (wintry coins acquired when you fail to enchant a snow ball or when you get the extra pouches from above)
  7. The time frame of the event (2 weeks only)

~~~~~~~~~

1) Brilliant Ice Prism (the biggest problem is here with people):

The problem most people have is with the Brilliant Ice Prism, the best reward pouch you get when you finally manage to make a +10 snowball which is already hard enough to make one and you need tenths of snowballs wasted before you can succeed. So once you make one brilliant ice prism the rewards should be worthy enough even though they are random, so whatever you get should be good enough.
The below rewards are easy to get outside the event or too minuscule for a prize for a +10 snowball! They shouldn't be on the list.

• Daevanion Skill Selection Box (10 Types)
  • Daevanion Essence
  • Ancient Transformation Contract (18 types)
  • 10,000,000 Kinah Box (x5)
  • Wise Dragon King's Weapon Selection Box (only a skin, it doesn't have the skill)
  • [BCM] Ancient Refining Stone

What people anticipated as an addition? Any of the below (or all of them) on the list of potential rewards on the best pouch:

• The legendary transform box that we got last year to be on the list.
  • Apostle Transforms because our version lacks them unlike all other publishers who gave them in numerous events.
  • The other Higher Legendary transformations that are impossible to get via combines or any other in-game way, so we need an event to get those but we never got one so far.
  • The two Cat Ancient Transforms, they are also impossible to get by combining transforms or any other in-game way, only via an event and so far we never got an event for them.
  • Anything related to Apsaranta, like Wrapping Marks and Oath Tablets (they can be non trade-able too so you cannot exploit it with a gazillion alts for profit)

~~~~~~~~~

2,3,4) Noble, Melted, Crushed Bundles (no problems here whatsoever)

These are the pouches we get when we fail at a high level snowball (+7, +8, +9) so we get a compensation. These never gave very good rewards in the previous events as well but it is understandable as they are meant to be a "sorry you failed pouch" and they do serve their purpose.

~~~~~~~~~

5) Joyful Bundle (some outdated rewards)

These are given every day 1x to every char with a random reward in them,they are not tradeable in any way and they are timed, so if you do not use them they vanish one hour later, they are NOT exploitable in any way. They also were never good rewards even in past snow ball events... BUT right here we have some rewards that are simply outdated. For example the 200% crafting amulet or the 200% gathering amulet are useless, these are meant to help you raise the said "ability" but there is nothing to gather or craft anyways and most people are already maxed on them and even without a buff you can raise and maximize your ability pretty easily.

--> Instead of the Craft/Gather amulets we could have gotten a +100% XP amulet because we need tons of XP.

~~~~~~~~~

6) The NPC that sells goodies (no problems here whatsoever)

This NPC takes the wintry coins (given by failed snow balls and they fail pouches of higher fails too) and can buy goodies at will. This is a good vendor and has similar if not better rewards than last year. For example the legendary transform costs 800 coins instead of 1000 that it did last year.

~~~~~~~~~

7) The event lasts 2 weeks instead of 4

This can easily be fixed if they choose to.

~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion:

I am sure there is little to nothing that can be done to the rewards the last moment, but I just accumulated the complains of the others. I personally do not have a huge issue with the rewards as this is an event and I am happy we got it at last. But if you cannot alter the rewards to mirror the needs of 8.0 then extending the event to 3 or 4 week would do us a big favor.

20 hours ago, Rin said:

Hi friends! 

It is absolutely okay if you're frustrated with the current event and it is not to your liking. I kindly ask that you continue to leave feedback politely and with as much details as possible. If you could continue to break down what you do—and do not like—as you play the event upcoming on February 9, that'd be great. Even more so if you explain as to why, and what you were hoping for.

This is always great to give to our development team so we can continue to elaborate on it.

Thank you! 

Thanks Rin, as you can see by people's wishes and issues that a lot of us still care about the game.

The event is good. Skill books absolutely will help Asmo catch up a bit. If anything I would have included Oath Tablets or include them in some event, it is very hard to get a good oath and the price is too high such that people who have been hoarding billions of kinah are spending it all or buying it. I'm told its around 20 Oath Tablets to get an ultimate - factor in that there are 6 possible and then 3 levels of each - when you want one or two possible oaths on a weapon you are looking at well over 100 billion to "make" your own rng as we all know it can be 1 tablet or it can be 100. It is just not feasible for most of the player base. I am one of the biggest farmers and I can't bear the cost. Maybe some future event. 

Feedback, the rewards aren't purrrfect and the event is a week or two too short, but a welcome one for the player base. Most of us like the snowball events.

3 hours ago, Rin said:

Good morning everyone!

I think I like you and what you are doing so far and I hope that you can bring things in the right direction. Don't let that change with time and remember that all the negativity you will see around comes from years of frustration of players and issues being ignored in game and on the forums...I mean you are here a few days and you posted already more than Kibbelz posted in the last year and looks like you are willing to listen and that is a great start. Please keep at it and welcome!

5 hours ago, Arhangelos said:
  • The other Higher Legendary transformations that are impossible to get via combines or any other in-game way, so we need an event to get those but we never got one so far.
  • The two Cat Ancient Transforms, they are also impossible to get by combining transforms or any other in-game way, only via an event and so far we never got an event for them.

My hot (but correct) take is that we should never ever get the Keyboard/Mouse or Cat Doctor exclusive transforms. They're just one more thing that a new/returning player will have to be told "sorry you just have to wait for a random event that might never come and until then you'll be weaker no matter what you do". To that end, it is a NECESSITY for NCW to frequently include the exclusive transforms which have previously been in game (hanboks, tier 2 legendary apostles, etc).

If no one has the collections, the game is better for it and more accessible to everyone. But as soon as they are made available a single time, they must be made available constantly so that players arent arbitrarily disadvantaged and told that the very account they play on is inferior and they'd be better off illegally buying an account with the fancy collections. NCW does not have a good history of this @Rin; the last ever event we had for Tier 2 apostles was the Stormwing Event which NCW determined players were abusing to get extra T2 Apostles. In response to this, they closed the loophole > DIDN'T remove the "exploited" transforms from those accounts > NEVER EVER made those transforms available via event since. We are punished for not (in NCW's words) abusing an exploit, and continue to be every day that you keep those collections from us.

I don't want that experience for any other form of collection. Please, for the sake of keeping the game accessible to new and returning players alike, and to avoid isolating players for years just because they didn't log for a week, NEVER distribute the Cat Doctor and Keyboard/Mouse transforms.

12 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

My hot (but correct) take is that we should never ever get the Keyboard/Mouse or Cat Doctor exclusive transforms. They're just one more thing that a new/returning player will have to be told "sorry you just have to wait for a random event that might never come and until then you'll be weaker no matter what you do". To that end, it is a NECESSITY for NCW to frequently include the exclusive transforms which have previously been in game (hanboks, tier 2 legendary apostles, etc).

If no one has the collections, the game is better for it and more accessible to everyone. But as soon as they are made available a single time, they must be made available constantly so that players arent arbitrarily disadvantaged and told that the very account they play on is inferior and they'd be better off illegally buying an account with the fancy collections. NCW does not have a good history of this @Rin; the last ever event we had for Tier 2 apostles was the Stormwing Event which NCW determined players were abusing to get extra T2 Apostles. In response to this, they closed the loophole > DIDN'T remove the "exploited" transforms from those accounts > NEVER EVER made those transforms available via event since. We are punished for not (in NCW's words) abusing an exploit, and continue to be every day that you keep those collections from us.

I don't want that experience for any other form of collection. Please, for the sake of keeping the game accessible to new and returning players alike, and to avoid isolating players for years just because they didn't log for a week, NEVER distribute the Cat Doctor and Keyboard/Mouse transforms.

The transforms that are meant for events need to be included once or twice a year in various events so players (new or old) can eventually get them. This is what we are asking.

Think about it, every 6 months you can get an ultimate by doing lugbug dailies/weeklies and the apsaranta quests. And that is 100% sure! We also might get ultimate promotion event at some point again. That is even more ultimates per year!

If we are at a point where you can roam around an ultimate transform and get 2~3 if not more per year, then getting the niche legendaries that are for collections only, should to be available in events as well.

They do not even need to put them in their own dedicated event. They can include it in a reward of any coin-related event.

• Aion Team

Hi folks. Thank you again for so much of your feedback around this. The details have been absolutely wonderful and I appreciate your kind acknowledgements.

Two things:

• We received reports about the Lugbug Daily Snowball Quests, and have addressed it in the Maintenance Notes. Again, we greatly apologize for this issue...
  • I have been documenting all the feedback here and from other threads in regards to this event and beyond. Just wanted to let you all know that even if I do not respond, I am documenting and trying to find answers where I can.

12 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

The transforms that are meant for events need to be included once or twice a year in various events so players (new or old) can eventually get them. This is what we are asking.

Yeah that's basically what I'm saying; they should be frequently reoccuring (I would even argue twice a year is too long a gap for new/returning players to wait), however because nobody trusts NCW to keep up with this or stay on top of it, the safer option would be to never include the ones we haven't had so that we don't create a larger divide which lasts indefinitely.

Like, if we knew every few months you'd get another shot to catch up then that's alright because you know it is coming. Would you trust NCW to stay on top of that though? I don't hear a lot of faith in them from any corner of the community and I tend to be the optimistic one :| So yeah, don't give us new collection transforms unless they're going to be frequently available. Give us the ones we've already had so that the gap can be bridged.

12 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

They do not even need to put them in their own dedicated event. They can include it in a reward of any coin-related event.

Say it louder please. The Hanboks don't have to be seasonal, that's an arbitrary decision. Don't sacrifice player experience for thematic or aesthetic consistency ._.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:21 PM, Rin said:

Hi folks. Thank you again for so much of your feedback around this. The details have been absolutely wonderful and I appreciate your kind acknowledgements.

Two things:

• We received reports about the Lugbug Daily Snowball Quests, and have addressed it in the Maintenance Notes. Again, we greatly apologize for this issue...
  • I have been documenting all the feedback here and from other threads in regards to this event and beyond. Just wanted to let you all know that even if I do not respond, I am documenting and trying to find answers where I can.

Thanks so much. They got it right so only 1 snowball for doing the lugbug daily. The last thing I want to do is go on my 13 characters and do all the dailies for 1 snowball. It is more efficient to run the instances.

It is great that you are so engaged with us, it has been awhile and refreshing!

19 minutes ago, Zappies-DN said:

Thanks so much. They got it right so only 1 snowball for doing the lugbug daily. The last thing I want to do is go on my 13 characters and do all the dailies for 1 snowball. It is more efficient to run the instances.

It is great that you are so engaged with us, it has been awhile and refreshing!

I hope that was a sarcasm

2 hours ago, Gabrielis said:

I hope that was a sarcasm

Not at all, event is perfect as it is now. Run PFHM1 x 5 10  snowballs easy faster than doing lugbug on ONE character. Who the heck wants to spend the next 2 weeks doing lugbug on every character they have and their kids account or spouses?!?! We already have enough farming to do even if someone is mainly p2w.

Crap, forgot to finish my lugbug daily and won´t be home before daily reset, will lost that one🤣

Agreed on this with @Zappies-DN doin lugbugs on all toons (can recall we did that for weekly at least 1x  for some other event - Celestial event?) would be too much time consuming, stopped doin lugbug for a while afterwards.

Don´t know if its verified but someone in Legion said that drops in listed instances are NOT guaranteed, but they have % to drop, thats new (if its true).

Adding legendary transformation is very nice! With perfect rng you can get possibly like what 100x prism = 100x legendary. someone´s head just exploded..jkjk

Would like to see some charts from @SecretCowLevel. And what would be even better @Rin if you can bring up % drop chance of rewards listed. That would be something😉

Archived