Weekly Server Maintenance - March 23, 2022 [Aion]

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

GAME MAINTENANCE:

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 5 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

FORUMS MAINTENANCE:

The forums are also scheduled for a brief maintenance at 9:30 am Pacific Time! We expect any downtime to last less than 30 minutes. If you have any problems after the update completes, please inform us by submitting a ticket to our support team at support.aiononline.com, or by e-mail at support@aiononline.com so that we can investigate.

Thank you!

• Aion Team

As a side note: I wanted to take a moment and say thank you again for all your feedback this last week, and looking forward to more coming up! It's been a busy week here with the team, and all of your continued conversations on the forums and your patience is extremely helpful. I'll keep doing my best to keep everyone informed as soon as I know more information on any other topics, and please keep your conversations coming!

2 minutes ago, Rin said:

As a side note: I wanted to take a moment and say thank you again for all your feedback this last week, and looking forward to more coming up! It's been a busy week here with the team, and all of your continued conversations on the forums and your patience is extremely helpful. I'll keep doing my best to keep everyone informed as soon as I know more information on any other topics, and please keep your conversations coming!

Anyway feedback didnt help much since we are getting HUGE p2w event tomorrow :pepelaugh: 

• Aion Team
22 minutes ago, ITisNOTme said:

Anyway feedback didnt help much

As always, I completely understand if this promotion is not up to your or others liking, and your feedback of both likes and dislikes is still greatly appreciated as it helps to continue to inform the development team. Any kind of change comes over the course of time, and while they nor myself can make promises as stated before, the feedback on ALL promotions (such as this), events, and more is still very insightful!

So, from me and my own personal experiences here: thank you still for expressing yourselves and how passionate you are about this game!

2 hours ago, Rin said:

Greetings Daevas!

GAME MAINTENANCE:

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 5 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

FORUMS MAINTENANCE:

The forums are also scheduled for a brief maintenance at 9:30 am Pacific Time! We expect any downtime to last less than 30 minutes. If you have any problems after the update completes, please inform us by submitting a ticket to our support team at support.aiononline.com, or by e-mail at support@aiononline.com so that we can investigate.

Thank you!

With the event in mind, is the Paragon Gear protected at all?

With the event in mind, is the Paragon Gear protected at all? On that note of paragon and stones, Yornunerk's Paragon Enchantment Stone Bundle x10

[BCM] Ultimate Paragon Enchantment Stone Bundle 1440 and  Yornunerk's Paragon Enchantment Mega Bundle [BCM] Ultimate Paragon Enchantment Stone Bundle Blessed Ultimate Paragon Enchantment Stone 2880. So with this does that mean that blessed are 1440?

Successfully enchant or obtain 2 or more +9 Paragon Gear (armor or weapon) during the event period.

• Players may enchant any previously owned gear between +0 and +8 to the required +9 to count towards the requirements.
  • Players who receive +9 Paragon gear through the promotion bundles will also count towards the requirements.
  • Previously owned +9 Paragon gear PRIOR to the event will NOT count.

@RinCan you provide clarity here?  What is the trigger here?  Does obtaining a +9 enchanted by another player during this event count as obtaining the gear?  Can gear to be enchanted across multiple toons on a single account and still qualify (1 item enchanted on toon A, 1 item enchanted on toon B)?  Does enchanted gear need to reside on the account when the event closes?  What if it is sold, traded, destroyed before the event closes?  How will reward boxes be routed?  Will they be storable in account warehouse, or delivered to account-wide mail?

Consume over 100 Ultimate Paragon Enchantment Stones or Blessed Ultimate Paragon Stones.

Players can mix and match the consumed amount of Ultimate and Blessed stones to achieve the total 100 consumed requirements. (Example: you may use 50 Ultimate and 50 Blessed to be eligible.)

How is consumption counted?  Does this total consider consumption across all toons on the account, or must consumption happen on a single toon?

This is beyond disgusting . Last event with xform ancient collections now you selling paragon +10 ? Damn This is so damn low but expected since some people let you get away with selling collections that can make players OP , now you are selling this? I'am now loosing the appetite to play. -Aion retail with the touch of classic...  You just push free to play people to the cliff and now i'am thinking to just quit. I do love aion but this is beyond insanity , i rather play private servers than suffer to this brainless marketing team.

Today they finish an event in which I could not participate because in Europe it was from 02:00 to 06:00 in the morning, I asked them to put a schedule to be able to enter to play and they IGNORED me and now they put an event of payment in addition ridiculous. LOL
Aion is a great game, but VERY BADLY managed, they IGNORE many reasonable requests from players, we are not asking for the moon or the sun, if they don't give in it's because they don't want to, full stop, a pity.

Edited by Beverly-DN

I think its a pretty good sale, people can use legendary stones from farming and just need spend a little. I'm sure some people will whale this, but i doubt many will get +10 paragon weapons. This sale is same as the one for Mistveil/Katalam skin skills maybe year and a half ago or so and it went well. The big thing is Asmo need this. We are behind and hopefully some Asmo catch up. It is a -sale- not an event. 

Keep in mind the fruit event is still going and you can make a fortune in kinah selling paragon boxes, books, and wraps so it benefits f2p and small spenders a lot as well. 

If you are a farmer and been saving its a good chance to upgrade too. If you don't want to participate just focus on the other event? At least some people will keep the server running somewhat longer!!! 😂

Players will receive a maximum of one +10 Paragon Equipment Selection Box for meeting the following criteria:

Successfully enchant or obtain 3 or more +9 Paragon Gear (armor or weapon) during the event period.
Players may enchant any previously owned gear between +0 and +8 to the required +9 to count towards the requirements.
Players who receive +9 Paragon gear through the promotion bundles will also count towards the requirements.

Getting 3 +9 Paragon pieces is incredibly hard. A few people (myself included) are fortunate enough to have a +9 weapon (I don't mind other people getting them now by spending especially Asmo). The odds for 8 to 9 are just 2.6% so people will have to literally spend thousand(s) or get super extremely lucky to complete this portion. I noticed it is difficult to get blessed stones even on the shop (I think you get 1 for 2880 bcm) and it is also rare to get the paragon box from farming fruit. Even 8 is a nightmare. I made my 9 during the Tia Eye event and have been trying to +10 (1.5%) every since last January (15 months ago) and no go well over 170 blessed stones which is a lot of work to farm. So I wouldn't worry too much (the +10 reward is an armor piece only not weapon). More likely people will get the first and second level rewards, but not the third).

1 hour ago, Zappies-DN said:

Players will receive a maximum of one +10 Paragon Equipment Selection Box for meeting the following criteria:

Successfully enchant or obtain 3 or more +9 Paragon Gear (armor or weapon) during the event period.
Players may enchant any previously owned gear between +0 and +8 to the required +9 to count towards the requirements.
Players who receive +9 Paragon gear through the promotion bundles will also count towards the requirements.

Getting 3 +9 Paragon pieces is incredibly hard. A few people (myself included) are fortunate enough to have a +9 weapon (I don't mind other people getting them now by spending especially Asmo). The odds for 8 to 9 are just 2.6% so people will have to literally spend thousand(s) or get super extremely lucky to complete this portion. I noticed it is difficult to get blessed stones even on the shop (I think you get 1 for 2880 bcm) and it is also rare to get the paragon box from farming fruit. Even 8 is a nightmare. I made my 9 during the Tia Eye event and have been trying to +10 (1.5%) every since last January (15 months ago) and no go well over 170 blessed stones which is a lot of work to farm. So I wouldn't worry too much (the +10 reward is an armor piece only not weapon). More likely people will get the first and second level rewards, but not the third).

The difference here is that getting anything paragon affiliated (except for normal enchants) in the game is nearly impossible or super time consuming and someone can simply go to BCM and cash on them unlimited.

There are still people spending thousands on the game and this literally gives another item that nobody else can get in game, just like the ancient contracts that are impossible to get ingame and were simply sold on BCM at an insane price!

4 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

@RinCan you provide clarity here?  What is the trigger here?  Does obtaining a +9 enchanted by another player during this event count as obtaining the gear?  Can gear to be enchanted across multiple toons on a single account and still qualify (1 item enchanted on toon A, 1 item enchanted on toon B)?  Does enchanted gear need to reside on the account when the event closes?  What if it is sold, traded, destroyed before the event closes?  How will reward boxes be routed?  Will they be storable in account warehouse, or delivered to account-wide mail?

It is mentioned that if the item is already +9 before the event starts it is not eligible. Also as far as I know the person who enchants it to +9 is the one that gets the reward, selling it or if it breaks later shouldn't have a negative effect. If you buy a ready +9 from broker then you are not eligible for anything.

15 hours ago, Rin said:

Como nota al margen: quería tomarme un momento y agradecerles nuevamente por todos sus comentarios esta última semana, ¡y espero con ansias que surjan más! Ha sido una semana ocupada aquí con el equipo, y todas sus conversaciones continuas en los foros y su paciencia son extremadamente útiles. Seguiré haciendo todo lo posible para mantener a todos informados tan pronto como tenga más información sobre cualquier otro tema, ¡y por favor sigan con sus conversaciones!

Hello, the possibility of buying more apsaranta cooler has not been reset!!! 

7 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

So I wouldn't worry too much (the +10 reward is an armor piece only not weapon).

Wait what?  Where is this stated?  Weapons are very much equipment and found in equipment boxes in this same event.  Again @Rin, players need to know exactly WHAT IS IN THE BOXES so that we can best plan how or if to participate in these events.

7 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

I think its a pretty good sale, people can use legendary stones from farming and just need spend a little. I'm sure some people will whale this, but i doubt many will get +10 paragon weapons. This sale is same as the one for Mistveil/Katalam skin skills maybe year and a half ago or so and it went well. The big thing is Asmo need this. We are behind and hopefully some Asmo catch up. It is a -sale- not an event. 

Keep in mind the fruit event is still going and you can make a fortune in kinah selling paragon boxes, books, and wraps so it benefits f2p and small spenders a lot as well. 

If you are a farmer and been saving its a good chance to upgrade too. If you don't want to participate just focus on the other event? At least some people will keep the server running somewhat longer!!! 😂

The thing is, even if u have a lot of kinah, u can't participate without paying. Hammers aren't brokereable and u can get them just by paying $$$. I know that this is a sale, but they can do the effort of putting a new event with good prizes. The ongoing event, is decent just for Daevanion Passives and wraps. Around this time last year, 4 events were happening at same time just for reference, and before that, the Stormwing event had just finished. We are not asking for 4 events at the same time, but one that motivates players to return. @Rin

Edited by Dioscuri

@RinI really hope that we still have the real Celestial event this year where we can make Horse mounts and Weapons because this is a real turn-off.

P.S. There is something weird going on with the event NPC Heavenly. When someone tries to pick up the quest for Meteor, it wants us all to use an Aethertech Skill, which is physically impossible if you are NOT an Aethertech.

Edited by Gallium-DN

• Aion Team

Good morning everyone! Thanks for your patience—a lot of questions and things going on at the same time, understandably so! Let's get into this:

10 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Can you provide clarity here?  What is the trigger here?  Does obtaining a +9 enchanted by another player during this event count as obtaining the gear?  Can gear to be enchanted across multiple toons on a single account and still qualify (1 item enchanted on toon A, 1 item enchanted on toon B)?  Does enchanted gear need to reside on the account when the event closes?  What if it is sold, traded, destroyed before the event closes?  How will reward boxes be routed?  Will they be storable in account warehouse, or delivered to account-wide mail?

How is consumption counted?  Does this total consider consumption across all toons on the account, or must consumption happen on a single toon?

Hey AnonymousCoward!

• What is the trigger here? Basically, your toon is the one that needs to enchant it to +9 to be counted!
  • Obtaining +9 enchanted by another player or through the broker during the event will NOT count.
  • Gear enchanted across other toons will NOT count: As the promotion only works ONE reward per account, make sure to work this on the toon you want to have the reward!
  • You CAN sell/trade or destroy before the end of the event and it still be counted. 
  • These rewards will be delivered to the character who did the successful enchantments mailbox, not the account mailbox.
  • The selection boxes cannot be stored in the account warehouse, but the gear itself can be once opened.
1 hour ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Where is this stated?  Weapons are very much equipment and found in equipment boxes in this same event. 

Sorry that the wording caused confusion here—You are correct, AnonymousCoward! It was specifically called an "Equipment Box" meaning that EITHER Armor OR Weapon can be selected. This is NOT just an armor box! 

1. First, the equipment box will be delivered to the participating character.
  2. Then, players can open the box to SELECT an ARMOR SELECTION or WEAPON SELECTION box.
  3. Once the item has been chosen, opening the WEAPON SELECTION or ARMOR SELECTION on your toon will give you another selection of that is tenured to your specific class. EX: If you open the ARMOR SELECTION box on a GLADIATOR, you will have a selection of Body, Pants, Hands, Shoulder, Feet, ETC that is specific to GLADIATOR. 

Oiu42DM.jpg

8 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

It is a -sale- not an event. 

As Zappies stated, correct! This is a SALE, not an event! Anything with sales in it will be stated as such and have the "sales" tag embedded to it on the website. 

14 hours ago, Elma said:

With the event in mind, is the Paragon Gear protected at all?

I am assuming by "protected" meaning if it can break or not? Paragon gear can still break unless using a blessed paragon enhancement stone. 

• Aion Team
39 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

P.S. There is something weird going on with the event NPC Heavenly. When someone tries to pick up the quest for Meteor, it wants us all to use an Aethertech Skill, which is physically impossible if you are NOT an Aethertech.

3 hours ago, Azulyta70 said:

Hello, the possibility of buying more apsaranta cooler has not been reset!!! 

Thank you both for the report, the team is looking into it right now!