Why gameforge aion is the most successful among all regions ?

Neleth-KT

Only second to Korea...

Considering

-Slowest update in all regions
-Keep nerfing rewards,events,luna
-It's not completely free u need to buy goldpack to play the game
-The most expensive crash shop
-Ping reducer programs ain't supported

But what they have is...

-Communicate with players
-QA video with players
-Daevacare program
-Hero trials quest rewards
-Wide selection of stuff in shop and update weekly

But if in end the thing that might matter most is they do ban hackers and bots.

GF is veryn truly Unpopular with europeans players...Most are leaving the game because of nerfs, P2W game and event. We're tired of GF for most of us. GF has open news servers just for money. There's a big chance they'll merge in 1, 2 or 3 month. The product director's left his job (or been fired, or been replaced..idk)

Aion by gameforge is not as good as u seem to think in USA. And if it's the most succesfull by player count, it's only because players have a lot of rerolls/alt. Believe me, Let sink Aion and prepare for Aion 2...play ff14 or other as waiting ;-)

btw

But what they have is...

-Communicate with players           yeah, for the weekly shop sales ;-) check uk site and ....
-QA video with players                   only 1 in 2017 and it was recorded 4 months before... so useless
-Daevacare program                       ok we have that ....little piece of bred considering wwhat we really need IG but better than nothin.
-Hero trials quest rewards              Ok we have that too but still in beta and now that the PD left....
-Wide selection of stuff in shop and update weekly    shop very very very expensive and don't sell stuff directly

As they have more customers they can invest more in the game i guess, like adversiment and updated webpage.

-At least in my browser from ten searchs of the word ''Aion'' the 3 first links are from GF then in 3th or 4th position NA. 
- GF have Aion in Steam that is a good source of players.
-They have the game translated to more languages ( 6 i think).
- You can switch accounts without the need to restart the client !!1!1

No way they do better. Aion EU is a mess and mostly has been since GF took over in '12.

"they do ban hackers and bots."

xDDD

Dude I was hacking myself and very blatantly so and never got even warned, because I was a paying customer. Btw I'm not a hacker, I was just making a point back then, because they ignored hackers and banned innocents.

19 minutes ago, 1s2F4498-KT said:

With a ping reducer Australians can get as low as 196ms, still they are greatly disadvantaged.

Ping is an excuse. And I know some blokes in Sydney who get sub 170s, which is more than enough to shit on Americans who "can't play" when their ping is over 100.

28 minutes ago, 1s2F4498-KT said:

With a ping reducer Australians can get as low as 196ms, still they are greatly disadvantaged.

I heard people saying they are getting low 100s like 120-130 ping to NA and when i was going to try the new EU servers out someone said they had 170 ping from AUS to EU servers so i think it just greatly depends where you live for this type of ping.

p.s I am australian i live in South Australia but i can not seem to get below 205 ping.

200 ms is high, but the game is still playable depending on what do you like. I play with 190-250 ms since 5 years ago and I managed to do all that I wanted. It is just 10-15% less dps than the max potential. But learning your skills and doing a wise use of them, you can still do more than the average. PvP is another story. 200 ms ping means a lot of rubberbanding and skills not working. But also depends on your role. Being support or ranged dps is easier. 

I think what gameforge have is, they are the same shit since the beggining. They always had P2W servers. People there is used to that. Changes are the problem. People do not like the changes. 

You know, Gf is not the best, I totally agree that eu has more people there playing aion than in na.
I am from the eu and left because of Gf. Thex support hackers and ban innocents as me,....

The story: I came played aion, bought the premium thing on there shop via paypal, next thing when i logged in, u were banned for 1 week for trolling in forum, as u may see on my account I DONT WRITE MUCH  in a forum.

1 week later still didnt get my premium, logged in and then complained that i didnt get my premium -> ban cause of badmouthing... 1 week again.

went to paypal got them to give my money back, didnt get anything from gf, and BAN lifelong cause of hacking.

Told me I was seen hacking on Monday killing asmos. But on this monday I still was banned from badmouthing, what I didnt do...

and the guy I saw hacking just a week before all the 2 weeks of banning and so, he is still playing there with no ban.

And that was I think 2 years ago!

So now think about it, is  that fair? No, here with NC I never had such probs and they were always helping me.

and maybe be ping is better there, but life is better here, so choose if u want a better ping or life^^

10 minutes ago, Gawyn-KT said:

You know, Gf is not the best, I totally agree that eu has more people there playing aion than in na.
I am from the eu and left because of Gf. Thex support hackers and ban innocents as me,....

The story: I came played aion, bought the premium thing on there shop via paypal, next thing when i logged in, u were banned for 1 week for trolling in forum, as u may see on my account I DONT WRITE MUCH  in a forum.

1 week later still didnt get my premium, logged in and then complained that i didnt get my premium -> ban cause of badmouthing... 1 week again.

went to paypal got them to give my money back, didnt get anything from gf, and BAN lifelong cause of hacking.

Told me I was seen hacking on Monday killing asmos. But on this monday I still was banned from badmouthing, what I didnt do...

and the guy I saw hacking just a week before all the 2 weeks of banning and so, he is still playing there with no ban.

And that was I think 2 years ago!

So now think about it, is  that fair? No, here with NC I never had such probs and they were always helping me.

and maybe be ping is better there, but life is better here, so choose if u want a better ping or life^^

An in game ban for trolling on the FORUMS? An in game ban for BADMOUTHING on the forums? Can you imagine if NCWest did the same? Lol. None of us would be playing! I know I wouldn't be.

I think the OP was trying to say that more communication somehow gives GF more players even though they offer a lesser product. I admit that I could be wrong, but that was my take. I have personally watched some of those GF vids that are supposed to be so newsie and found them just whiny. There have been many times that GF has communicated nothing but lies to their player base. NCWest doesn't whine and they don't lie, but then again they don't say much. Guess I would rather have silence over lies and qq. 

If I am correct about the OP's meaning, I agree that NCWest should communicate more. It's one of the top things the player base has asked for. The staff keeps saying they will do better and it just hasn't come to fruition. Not sure threads like this help, though.

There's a couple possible explanations as to why EU is doing 'better' than NA.

• Gameforge doesn't 'advertise' other regions much. Not that any of the other companies go above and beyond to do such a thing, but back when I played on EU I never realised it was possible for me to play on another server, in another regio. Ofcourse there's the 'this and this will come from Korea in the next update' - but I feel (or at least, felt) that they kept suspiciously silent about the NA version. This was ofcourse back when NA had a lot of cool things, the Atreian atlas, magazine, shadow archives... It's only through these I realised there was another (and back then, better) official free to play version of the game (something Gameforge doesn't like you talking about on their forums).
  • Gameforge Aion is still avaiable on Steam, vs NA's version which had to be taken down. Steam does bring in new players who are already playing other mmorpg's, or similar games (Aion will show up in their recommended list) and at least some will try it out. Their overall marketing is slightly better than NA's, and something simple as actually keeping the website kinda updated on the info part makes a difference in attracting new players.
  • EU has a higher 'need' of multiple servers because of the difference in languages, cultures etc. of their playerbase. However they have the most servers atm, some of them are vastly underpopulated and they've announced a merge already to get the new ones merged (either with each other or the old servers). It's likely that this merge will not be enough though, and that they'll have to lose some of the unique language servers in favor of keeping population healthy.
  • EU is still 'kind of' pay2play, at least in a the way you can't endlessly make new accounts with 8 toons each, without having to pay to unlock them fully. This leads to less althoarding, but possibly also keeps lowbie content a bit more alive (people level less alts, but take more time doing so, and they have to play them to take full advantage (contrary to NA's masses of event & luna farmbots @ level 30). You could say that more accounts = more 'players', but you can't play them all at once.
  • They did a lot of good things with the Q&A's (cringy as they were, it was something - and I wonder if they will still make them without Nick) and all the Daeva care things, extra quests, custom events - showing that you 'care' about your playerbase is always a good thing. Obviously they kinda ruined certain other things in favor of the cash shop, and it's waiting to see if they keep continuing this streak.
  • Speaking about the cash shop: EU players are used to more expensive gaming (since a lot of games are priced the same in $ and € even though the currency is not equal). They simply don't realize their cash shop is more expensive than the NA one - or they don't really care. They're used to having to buy goldpacks, mounts and other convenience items. Unlike NA, p2w items like omegas and temperings solutions are avaiable near all year around, and lots of the 'good' items come in RnG boxes. But, as a positive this spices up Gameforge profit ofcourse ;)

These are just some assumptions based on me playing both for awhile ^-^

Archived